Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cc2002cc2002 Member Posts: 1
    The best I can get in seattle area is $46,900 for 11 MDX/Tech/Entertainment. I see many follks here get much better deal? anyone in Seattle want to share?

Thanks in advance.
  • newmdxbyernewmdxbyer Member Posts: 4
    You bet. It was the internet sales at Radley in Falls Church. I dealt with Rush S. Great guy, very straightforward. Didn't do anything great for me on the trade so I'm going to sell it myself, but it wasn't a dealbreaker. Looks like they are pushing volume hard into year-end, so if you're in the area it seems like a tough deal to beat. To get the quote I just went to their web site, solicited the quote from the information request under the sales department, and I the e-mail I got in response was pricing on all trim levels.

The Tech package alone was $41,386 and Tech+Entertainment was $43,055. Like I said, that didn't include destination but when I asked if it did include that charge the salesman said he'd get back to me and said he'd include it in that price. OTD at $44.9k.

For reference Pohanka came down to $44,300 on the car (Tech/Ent), including destination. That was with no negotiation, so maybe you can get better deal from them or present them with the e-mail quote from Radley and see if they can match or beat it.
  • looking4mdx2looking4mdx2 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    I tried them too and they were not giving the price you mentioned. I ended up buying from Rosenthal Acura for $45725 OTD. $42777 before taxes (6%)/tags/document fee. They did throw in free body side moldings, all season weather mats and wheel locks.
  • halaughalaug Member Posts: 1
    what was the name of the dealership and salesman?
  • rmmdx2011rmmdx2011 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Can you please let me know if you got the tech + entertainment package for $42777 + taxes/tags/document fee? Or is it just the tech package?

Thanks
  • newmdxbyernewmdxbyer Member Posts: 4
    That's a pretty decent deal. At Radley the Tech package was $41,386 per the quote I got, destination not included but they didn't make me pay dest. Given all that stuff they threw in you probably only paid a few hundred more.

halaug I included the dealer/salesperson info in my previous post.
  • rmmdx2011rmmdx2011 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Did you get the Acura's original rear entertainment system or an after market entertainment system installed by dealer? I was told by Radley Acura that they could do a Tech + after market entertainment system for 44.9 OTD.

Thanks
  • looking4mdx2looking4mdx2 Member Posts: 5
    I got the tech package only for $42777 (dest included) before taxes and fees.
  • vincentbayuvincentbayu Member Posts: 13
    I'm in the market for a 2011 MDX Advance+ent. I called a few car dealers around the SFbay in the past few days asking for $51k OTD. All kept asking me to come to their dealership without agreeing to the price. I don't want to waste my time at the dealership. Can someone recommend a straight forward dealer in the bay area?
  • fancyamdxfancyamdx Member Posts: 2
    Folks I got my grigio and taupe 2011 base MDX for 39K with a OTD of 43K in Bay area california from the Pleasanton dealership.

Do you guys think this is a good price? Had a small dent inside the right rear door and got it taken care today at their service center.

DID NOT GET ANY ACCESSORY along with it and am hearing I will soon...Have to wait n see.
  • anouanou Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2010
    Autowest Acura offered me tech package + floor mats for $42.8K. I walked away from this deal.
  • kindakinkskindakinks Member Posts: 10
    It sounds like you're setting your sites a bit low. According to my research Invoice on the MDX Advance Ent. is $50404 so even if a dealer sells it at below invoice you can't get to $51K including tax and fees unless tax in CA. is $0!
  • nbyahoonbyahoo Member Posts: 6
    I just purchased a 2011 Acura MDX w/ Tech for $41,999 plus tax and license on 12/28/2010 in Los Angeles, CA. This price includes destination charges and wheel locks.

I received this price from Center Acura and Glendale Acura and would have gladly bought from either of them (the Fleet/Internet sales teams at both dealerships are fantastic) but I ended up making the purchase at Glendale Acura because they had the color combination (Palladium/Ebony) I wanted in stock and ready for pick up.

I dealt with both dealerships via email, only calling to make an appointment to review the color selection available and make the purchase. As I mentioned above, both dealerships are fantastic to work with (completely hassle free) and I would highly recommend either one to potential buyers.

For those who might be interested in an extended warranty, I also purchased an 8 year, 120K mile, $0 deductible Acura Care extended warranty for $2280. I priced this separately with a few dealerships (you can buy it from any Acura dealer), and Glendale offered to match the prices I had received elsewhere. The extended warranty purchase and pricing was not in any way related to the vehicle purchase.

Best of luck in your car purchase.
  • barros1389barros1389 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a new 2010 Advance w/Tech and ENT MDX with remote start, silver roof rails, ski attachments, 7 year warranty, winter mats, locks for 47K out the door with an 8k trade in. That price includes taxes and registration etc... "out the door". I pick it up later this week after they install everything. It's the end of the year and they wanted to move this guy. Seemed like a good deal to me

What do you guys think?
  • rsmittyrsmitty Member Posts: 11
    So that's essentially $55k out the door for just the MDX when you add in your trade in, right? or are you saying you only paid $47k for the mdx plus you got $8k back for your trade in so you only gave them $39k?
  • barros1389barros1389 Member Posts: 2
    It was 47K in total out the door including 8K trade. I meant to say in the title it was a 2010 not a 2011. No matter, still new. If you remove the trade it would be around 55K with the below included out the door.

2010 MDX Advance with Tech \ Ent
    Taxes Registration and Destination changes
    Remote Start
    Roof Rails
    Floot Mats
    Wheel Locks
    7 year Warranty extended warranty

Does it still sound like a good deal?
  • smartwatersmartwater Member Posts: 3
    Picked up a 2011 Tech ENT from Hinshaws in Fife 2 days ago for $48K plus tax etc. Payment will be $667 got the protection pack includes all season floor mats, wheel locks and side moldings.
  • 49ers49ers Member Posts: 12
    How much is TTL? We cannot tell unless we know TTL.
  • thunkingthunking Member Posts: 9
    Hi NbYahoo,

Who was the sales person you dealt with ? That is a good price.

Happy New Year.

Thanks
    Just call either of those two dealerships and ask for their Internet Sales Manager. I'd recommend staring with Center Acura.

The forum doesn't allow posting of names and contact information.
  • thunkingthunking Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2010
    Hi NbYahoo,

Thanks for sharing your price. Just picked up a MDX w/Tech for the same price 41999 from Glendale Acura. Told him about your posting and he matched without hesitation and commended you for driving business his way.

Also said that he will sell at 41999 (including dest) for 2011 MDX w/Tech for anyone mentioning that they saw this in the online forum. Its the best deal I have seen so far. Its $1287 below invoice.

Thanks for everyone's help. Time to go driving.
  • snoopdogg1snoopdogg1 Member Posts: 2
    Originally looking for '11 MDX Tech/Entertainment. Lowest dealer here would go was $44,800 + taxes and fees. I'm looking at the same vehicle at an out of state dealer for $43,015 + taxes and fees.

Now, I got info from a dealer in another state that they have a 2011 MDX Advance/Entertainment that was traded in with only 5,000 miles. It has: Sport Running Boards, Body Side Molding, Fender Well Trim, Door Edge Guards, All-Season Floor Mats, Cargo Tray and Security Wheel Locks. They are offering this Advance/Entertainment for $47,000 + taxes and fees.

What are people's thoughts about the price of the Advance/Entertainment, and is it that much of an upgrade over the Tech/Entertainment? I am not sure if I will even like the Collision Mitigation System. I do think the ventilated seats would be nice in the heat of the summers!
    That's great to hear. It sounds like you had a good experience with your purchase at Glendale. The Internet Sales Manager at Glendale is a class act.

I'd encourage folks to check out the Fleet/Internet Sales team at Center Acura as well. The team at Center was easy to work with, professional, and courteous.

Best of luck in your car purchases!
    You can see my posting yesterday for details on the 2011 MDX w/ Tech I purchased yesterday. I priced almost every dealership (Internet/Fleet Sales teams) in CA (San Diego to NorCal, as far East as Bakersfield and Sacramento), and also in Las Vegas.

It turned out, the two dealerships that I found to be the easiest to work with and most reasonably priced were the closest ones to me -- Center Acura and Glendale Acura.

I didn't go with the Advanced Package because I felt the additional features weren't worth the premium. (Also, this car is for my wife, and her needs are quite simple and she wouldn't appreciate anything beyond the Tech package.) I wasn't considering the Entertainment package so I never priced it with any of the dealerships. (I'm not sold on having built in screens and a DVD player given all of the portable gadgets the kids have already; but I'm sure the folks that spring for the Entertainment packages have good reason for doing so.)

The pricing below isn't from one specific dealer, but the best pricing I found overall. All pricing includes destination charges and wheel locks. All offers came with a price match guarantee (with caveats of course), and some came with offers to beat competitive written offers by $300 to $500 (still with caveats). For the record, I never bothered with trying to price match dealer against dealer to whittle the price down -- it's not how I would like to be treated, so I didn't go after it myself.

Here's the pricing:

2011 MDX Base Pricing: $38,750

2011 MDX Technology Pricing: $42,000

2011 MDX Advanced Pricing: $47,500

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I conducted all correspondence in email, received offers in email, and only called the dealership to discuss color options and set an appointment to see the car. I was respectful of them and their time, and both Center and Glendale Acura were respectful of me and my time.

Please don't contact me asking for which specific dealership had what price, etc. I've pretty much cleared out my inbox and deleted all of the emails I received, and it's easy enough to contact the dealerships directly. :)

Once again, I highly recommend Center or Glendale Acura if you're in S. CA. They're both class acts.

Best of luck in your MDX purchasing adventures!
    Did you sign up financing with them or cash? I have very good credit score, hoping I can get the 0.9% APR. I heard some dealships offer 4 yr free service. Wondering if this worth bargaining.
    I had a dealership in Northern CA offer me 4 years of service, but their vehicle price was considerably higher and they were located too far away from me (I'm in Los Angeles CA).

I considered pricing service in with other dealers that were nearby, but I didn't have a good way to assign a value to the offer of the service given the MDX has a flexible service system that informs you when you need service based on operating conditions. In short, the value to me might be greater/less than the value to someone else.

I went in asking for a 100% cash deal, but ended up financing it (1.9% for 60 months) -- last minute change of heart. Since the 0.9%/36- and 1.9%/60-month financing offers are through Honda, I don't think it makes a difference to the dealer if you buy with cash or finance the deal (unlike when it's through 3rd party lender).

Best of luck in your purchase!
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    I think you hit a home run in your approach. I did the same thing several years ago to purchase an RL but I limited it to No. Ca. And when grandma's 06 Pilot gets a few more miles on it I will play the game once more. But for now, the Pilot only has 38k (honest) and when it gets to 50k then its time.

Good luck to all, hope the new year is good to all, and stay safe in 2011.

jensad :D
  • labmindv10labmindv10 Member Posts: 1
    Just signed my papers for 2011 Acura MDX with Tech package $45975 out the door.. Acura of Ramsey.. worked via email and phone great buying experience..
  • smrtdudesmrtdude Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for all the info in this forum, couldn't have figured out the going prices without it.

I just bought a certified pre-owned 2010 MDX Advance/Entertainment as follows
    - 2k miles on it
    - 7 months in to service
    - advance + entertainment packages
    - side steps (existing)
    - roof rails + crossbars (got them installed today)
    - 44.2k + TTL = $46k OTD
    - from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA

Finance guy offered 7 year/100k warranty for $2750 which I negotiated down to $1005. So the final price paid is $47k. The dealership is ok to deal with. I had to follow up on this car for 2-3 days, I guess they were busy selling in the last few days of the month/year.

I also got offers on new MDX Tech+Ent for $44.8 OTD from both Radley and Pohanka dealerships. Pohanka sounded open to some negotiation there. Considering that there are no differences between 2010 and 2011 models and that this pre-owned is barely driven, I decided to take the higher package for the same price. Side steps and roof rails would have to be extra over the 44.8k price.

I tested the Adaptive Cruise Control quite a bit, I liked it. That is something I can really use on congested road ways like in DC Metro area. Oh yes, 115v outlet, music streaming over bluetooth, integrated DVD system, perforated/ventilated seats... will use them all :-)
    I think $46k OTD for a 2010 MDX adv/ent w/ only 2k miles is an amazing deal. Congrats.

By the way, does anyone know why some dealers list their MSRP price different than the others? For example, some list $48,155 and others $49,015 for Tech/Ent model. A $900 difference.
    Thanks!

Could that $900 diff be due to the destination charge? Did you check?

Happy New Year!
  • florencevaflorenceva Member Posts: 17
    that is a bit too high on the price, I got a price quote for 41500 before tax, tag and doc fee from a dealership in VA
  • kramskykramsky Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I am looking to purchase a 2011 MDX Tech and Entertainment package in New Jersey. I can purchase it now or wait until the new promotions, deals and rebates come out in January. I would appreciate it if you can advise me of the best price out there in NJ inclusive of taxes, tag, destination, licensing fees, etc. I can go to any dealership in New Jersey.

Also, what is the best financing plans for 60 months or longer.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
  • rdealsrdeals Member Posts: 4
    Just started researching prices for 2011 MDX. I became anchored on $42k price for the Tech package based on some comments in this forum. Admittedly, it seems the $42k price was coming from dealers in SoCal - any one seeing these prices in Seattle (or somewhere within a couple hour drive)? The price I got in Seattle after much haggling and at 7:30 pm New Years Eve was $44k and change (before taxes)and $41k + change on the base. Do I just not know how to haggle, or are Seattle prices that much higher? We took a pass because I am willing to spend a few hours on the road to save a few grand. Any suggestions are appreciated. We are hoping to find $42.5k (before taxes) for the tech package and ebony interior.
    In Dec you could have gotten the $42K price point in Northern CA, Southern CA, and Vegas. I didn't check elsewhere.

For the last two car purchases I've made, I've avoided going into the dealership to negotiate a purchase. I figure dealerships are negotiating multiple deals a day and have every advantage when I'm dealing with them on-on-one in their showroom. (This last time, even though the price was already negotiated and agreed upon, I still brought my ipad with cellular service so that I could pull up emails or check things on the net.)

Here's what I've done instead:

- Priced the car with Costco and Sam's Club (not great prices, but it gives me a high end for the range)

- Email dealerships using a bunch of sites (Yahoo, Cars direct, MSN, Edmunds, etc.) throughout the area I'm willing to buy -- I can fly to Vegas for $100 from LA and drive the car back if the price was significantly better out there

- I only specify the package/options I want, and I do not specify the color. I leave color open because I tend to be somewhat flexible, but also because I expect that dealers want to preserve margins for popular color/package combinations.

- Not spoken on the phone or live with any dealership until I have an agreed upon price and terms (including break down of out the door pricing) that applies to any vehicle (color/package/etc. combination) they have in their inventory.

- Only spoken on the phone with the dealership to confirm the price I received in email and schedule the appointment to review colors and make the purchase.

There's one exception to this process, which is also the most challenging. After I price Costco and Sam's Club, I visit one dealership to do a test drive. Because I don't intend to buy during that visit, I tell the sales person I won't be buying that day, that I'm going to price the car online, and that when I'm ready to buy I'll give them a call to see if they can match the price I find.

BTW. Assuming the car model has been around for a while, I like to test drive a used car -- 1 or 2 years old, lease return or trade-in. It probably makes no difference, but I figure it's worth seeing what a used car runs like and how it's held up (i.e. performance, interior, etc.).

Best of luck in your purchase!
  • mdx2sixmdx2six Member Posts: 2
    Hi mbmacura,

I'm about to purchase a MDX from Serramonte. We've talked them down to to a pretty good price, but they are dragging their feets. Which sales guy did you talked to for your MDX Tech/ent.? Maybe your guy has his $h!t together.
    thanks for any help in advance.

-RT
    Yes please share as i am about to purchase as well.

RT - which guy have you been dealing with?
    This deal is comparable to the adv/ent I bought couple of days ago (see yesterdays posts).

I preferred perforated seats as well. Adaptive cruise sounded more useful to me than collision detection. 19"wheels is a plus too.

Good luck!
  • rdealsrdeals Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the background and suggestions. We started looking outside the Seattle area just to see. Only had contact with a couple dealers in Portland, OR and their prices were actually in line with Seattle prices (+/-). Still pushing to find the $42.5k with tech; although, we may ultimately go with the Base or settle for the Mazda 9. Will let you know either way.
  • mbmacurambmacura Member Posts: 3
    The site doesn't allow posting salesman name, please send me a pm.

As indicated in my email, I didn't have a good experience with them either.
  • oysterguy1oysterguy1 Member Posts: 2
    two offers w/ advance running boards, black rails &cross bars, trifold mat ans all season mats:

1. $51,500

2. $51,750, plus two free maintenance visits

one dealer was pleasant to work with the other not so much. Dealer cost is around $50k with accessories.
    These prices must be before TTL, looks reasonable to me as running boards+black crossbars alone cost 1200+. Add mats to that it is a good deal!
  • oysterguy1oysterguy1 Member Posts: 2
    Indeed it is.
  • mdx2sixmdx2six Member Posts: 2
    New to the whole forum thing, how do I send you a private message?

-RT
  • vipabcvipabc Member Posts: 1
  • grmrgrmr Member Posts: 3
    I got 2011 MDX Tech/Ent for 47.2K including everything
    (2 additional accessories: running boards, remote start both 1450 included in the above price)

Hope this may help some for pricing.
    Wow - that is pretty amazing. How much of that was sales tax and registration?
  • akanormakanorm Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to thank you too..yesterday I leased a 2011, MDX with Tech package, running boards and all weather mats, 12000 miles per year from Glendale Acura. The initial out of pocket was $1248.45, first month $602.31 and license. Thanks again
  • rswmkwrswmkw Member Posts: 6
    Looking at a 2010 MDX with Tech just traded to a high end Local car $41951 Showing Us 28500 for our 08 Tech/Ent with plus 40K on it. Car has side running boards very clean and Clear Auto Tape on the front Any thought's would be welcome
  • crvexl4wdcrvexl4wd Member Posts: 35
    I bought 2008 Base Acura MDX with just 29500 miles with Rosen AV7000 Dual DVD Headrest Replacement system preinstalled. It came with two wireless headsets, remote and two wireless game controllers. You can watch two separate Movies or can see same movie and even use MDX audio system for DVD sound if want to. It is CPO car and also got bumper to bumper warranty till Oct 30, 2014 or 100 K miles means 7 years or 100 k from original date of purchase.

I traded my 2010 Toyota RAV 4, Sports Model 4X2 AT with just 3300 miles on it with BC, FE, QX, RM, TC and CF options installed which are mainly backup camera, moon roof, head rails, cross bars, alloy wheels and sports appearance.

I paid 10.3K including tax, title, warranty OTD. Basically he gave 22K for my trade-in, sold his car at 30.3K and 1K for Extended warranty + tax title etc.

How is this deal?