Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vinh36vinh36 Member Posts: 20
    Any difference? Is there an Acura MDX plant in the U.S?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,716
    I think all the North American MDXs are made in Canada....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pauladkinspauladkins Member Posts: 15
    Do I have to give the dealer my ssn if I pay with a check in full?
  • lollilolli Member Posts: 1
    Hi f1fannewyork, Was the price including the taxes?
  • racer_xrracer_xr Member Posts: 2
    If you don't mind, what NC dealership did you work with for this pricing? I am in CLT.
  • paguy2paguy2 Member Posts: 26
    Contacted few dealers arond Philly area. This is what I have so far.

11 MDX with Tech package: 42.8K plus tag and taxes
    11 MDX with Tech + Ent. package: 44.5K plus tag & taxes.

Are these prices fair? I have seen lower prices in this forum. Any advise is appriciated.

Thanks
  • freewheel307freewheel307 Member Posts: 5
    Correct, MDX is made in Canada. For that Canadians pay an extra $1000 destination and an extra $10000 for the car. And the Canadian dollar is actually worth 5 cents more than the U.S. dollar right now. Canadians are getting hosed big time.
  • lyaolyao Member Posts: 71
    If I were you, I would go do more homework. Asking for more price quotes around your area or neighboring states. I'm in Northern VA. I asked price quotes not only in VA, but also in MD, PA. After doing your homework, then ask your local dealers to do some price adjustment before your visit (must be in black and white).
    Good luck!

I just bought an MDX with Tech/Entertainment from Radley Acura at Bailey's Crossroad with Sam. He's pretty nice, patient, informative & willing to give out tons of price quotes in the net. So, just contact Sam.

I'm very happy and satisfied so far with the vehicle purchase. Very smooth transaction! :)
    Hi pauladkins,

Don't know. If I were you, I would take the special financing for 36 months for 2011 MDX with 0.9% interest for now. Why not use that $$$$$ to do other investment, right?
    :P
    Yes! Dealer would only offer you if you have any black and white offers from other dealers. Or else, you would have to sit there all day and argues with them (if you enjoy doing that and have plenty of time).

We just bought the 2011 MDX with Tech/Entertainment +
    other options: Protection package 1, roof package in black, advance running board, and the chemicals for protecting the vehicle for 5 years (inside and outside). Love the vehicle so far! Hopefully the vehicle could last as long as possible.

Got a pretty good deal we believe. Got our 2002 Highlander traded in. Smooth Transaction! Salesperson was patience, thoughtful, informative, and kind. It's the best dealership we've ever been to compared with Toyota/Honda. It's Radley Acura, in Bailey's Crossroad. Sam was the salesperson. Dealership is willing to negotiate with prices with the customers. Very competitve! We would highly recommended!

Thanks! :D
  • steve0199ussteve0199us Member Posts: 9
    How much did the Tech/Ent with everything cost you?
  • kushboykushboy Member Posts: 9
    I just bought the MDX Tech/Ent last week. See my earlier post for pricing in the NY/NJ/MA region. I finally picked up the SUV from $45,100 + Accessories + DMV fees + Taxes. This was the cheapest price I got after speaking to just about a dozen dealers. The transaction was smooth as ever as I left a deposit over the phone and spent an hour on the day of the delivery date at the dealership when I picked up the vehicle. No pushy finance manager trying to sell additional car care/warranty etc. Straightforward sales staff as ever.

Be wary of hidding fees - esp documentation (which could vary from $100 to $400), Destination charges ($860 - which many dealerships try to tack on post quoted price).

Your best bet is to ask them the final pre-tax price which includes everything so there are no last minute surprises. Be blunt from the getgo so that they don't pull these stunts at the last minute otherwise you'll end up getting $crewed.

Ping me if you want more details.

Kush
    hi,

closer to $49K. Got 10% off for the options installed prices from the dealership and a pretty reasonable trade-in price for our vehicle. So, we're pretty happy for that!

Also, we got 4 years free oil changes booklet from the dealership. Also, I believe we got a free lifetime state inspection free from the dealership too.
    :D
    So much did you pay for your MDX (with Tech & Ent package)?
    What dealership and where. You mentioned 45.1K. I am being offered 44.5K (tech + enter) including destination charges. Only thing missing is Doc charges and taxes + title.
  • jdhornsjdhorns Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had a great experience buying an MDX w/ tech package in NYC area recently? Willing to travel to NJ, CT, or anywhere near NYC. What's best price found and who are the best dealers to work with? thanks!
    This is the OTD prices including taxes & everything that I purchased.
    Got upgraded for protection 1(wheel locks, trifold cargo tray, all weather floor mats) + roof rails package (black) + advance running board + chemicals protection.
    :)
  • jthakusjthakus Member Posts: 13
    I bought my car from Pohanka Acura in VA.
    The NC dealers were giving me the usual BS and were nop interested in negotiating. So I took a one way flight to VA and drove back (4 hours) saving $1300. Worth the drive.
    JT
    It's from Radley Acura (Bailey's Crossroad).

Here're what I got from Sam:

base $38,793 (MSRP $42580)
    with Tech $41,963 (MSRP $46255)
    Tech/Ent. $43,848 (MSRP $48155)
    Advance $46,999 (MSRP $52205)
    Advance/Ent. $48,770 (MSRP $54105)

base prices only, not including $860 Destination, etc.

hope it helps! ;)
    I just pulled the trigger on the mdx tech, final pre-tax was 45k with prot. package 1, roof rack n cross bars and door hinges. How did I do?
  • gsg99gsg99 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Can I know what is the final prices that you paid for this vehicle?
    Congrats! I think it's a bit higher. But if you like your vehicle, just enjoy!
    ;)
  • n1nja_dn1nja_d Member Posts: 17
    Hey all!
    Just got a quote from an Acura dealership in VA, they gave me 45k OTD for a 2011 Acura MDX w/ Tech, they also threw in Step rails and roof rack.

How does this sound?

Thanks for your input!
  • pzuke1pzuke1 Member Posts: 1
    Just leased Acura MDX base, base price is 41050, 3432.62 down which included 9% Tax/ Lic/fees
    unpaid bal 37867.09 36mo. 10,000mi for 499.12/mo.

Was this a good deal?
    I love the car! Just curious, how much do you guys think it should have cost pre-tax?

MDX Tech
    Protection package 1
    Side molding
    Roof rack and cross bars
    Destination
    edited April 2011
    Hey Steve0199us,
    I got a quote from Pohanka Acura in VA for a 2011 MDX Tech WITH roof rack/cross bars AND side steps for $45,000 OUT THE DOOR.

Pre-tax was $42,500 (includes destination and tags)

Hope this helps.
    Very Good price! Do you have any trade-in at all?
    Did you use the special financing rate (0.9%/36 months)?
    Congrats! :D
    I actually haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I do have a trade-in, the price doesn't include the trade at all. I'm using the 1.9% for 60 months.

Thanks!
  • andy2003andy2003 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Kushboy,

Can you let me know the dealer name and salesman ? I am in CT. Thanks.
  • cornercrawlercornercrawler Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to get a base model and have reached out to the dealerships in my area. Best quote I have so far is $40.7k + TTL (this includes base model + prot package 1 + roof rails + doc fee + dest charge).

It feels pretty good, but I wonder if I can get lower (particularly can I push them on that big destination charge #). Any thoughts?
    Cornercrawler,
    Check this out:
    http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Acura_MDX/2011/prices-local/MDX- -AWD-329816/?zcd=20876

Those prices are before TTL. I would shoot for 42k Out the door. I'm trying to get an MDX w/ Tech, best I've gotten is 45k OTD INCLUDING Roof rail/rack and side steps.
  • cornercrawlercornercrawler Member Posts: 3
    Thanks n1nja. My tax rate is 6.75% so I think the best I can reasonably hope for is around $43k OTD (which would give me all that I want for $40k + TTL, which would be just a little over dealer cost).

And it definitely seems like I should push them further than what I've seen so far.
    Yeah 40k is a little bit under invoice, 43k OTD seems reasonable. See if they'll throw in side steps for you as well, that's a $700 accessory ;)
  • rider123rider123 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a good deal on Acura MDX 2011 with Technology package Lease, 36 months, $0 down.
    What is a good deal I should ask for?
  • la_shopperla_shopper Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    if helpful for others... in Los Angeles is what I found

Acura MDX w/Tech MSRP inc Destination $47,115
    Money Factor 0.00135
    10K miles / year = residual of 58%
    No money down
    Only pay registration and tire fee totalling $592 at drive off
    Dealer pays first month lease payment
    35 payments at $602.50 inc tax (effectively $585 when counting the free payment).
    Equates to approx $43,000 purchase cost
  • kushboykushboy Member Posts: 9
    I, Kush, purchased the MDX from Acura of Westchester (NY) and dealt with the internet sales manager and had a easy transaction from the beginning till the end. Keep me posted. Good Luck!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    Congrats on your new MDX. I service my wife's 2010 TSX at Acura of Westchester & you will be extremely pleased with both their service, availability of loaner cars, & competitive pricing.

We used to live in Hartsdale & would drive out of our way (to the other side of the county) to service her car there. Now we moved to Stamford, CT & still service her car there even though it is further than a few other dealerships.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• MLB999MLB999 Member Posts: 12
    I have had good experience working through the internet sales department at Springfield Acura (Springfield, NJ). For MDX w/Tech my deal (which I am trying to finalize today is: $43,283 (inc destination, MV & doc fees).
  • MLB999MLB999 Member Posts: 12
    Feedback on this deal anyone:

MDX w/Tech (including destination, MV & doc fees): $43,283. 7% sales tax on top of that, of course...
  • mattmommattmom Member Posts: 6
    I just saw an ad from a local dealer that is advertising a base MDX for $37,988 +freight, TTL etc. for a weekend sale.
  • bestdealsbestdeals Member Posts: 11
    I was deciding between brand new Pilot and a used Acura and finally decided to get used 2010 or 2011 acura with less than 20,000 miles on them.
    Can anyone suggest how to base the prices for Used Cars. I tried looking up on various used cars site and price seems to be almost like pretty new. any input please

thanks.
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    Thanks to all of you posters as you assisted me and my wife with our purchase of our new Acura mdx. Got the advanced at $ 48k (plus tx and license) and added a warranty for 100000 miles 8 year, no deductible for $ 1850. (It was a good trade off of me getting a good price/ purchase and they still made some money too.)

And for Calif this was amazing. However, when we walked into the dealership I had printed out what all of you excllent posters had presented here and the salesperson noted the three pages of posts as we sat down.

He was an excellent "old time" salespersn and he did not try in any way to play games, but then he observed the paper work I brought with me. We got all the extras and are very satisified with the process.

Oh as an added bonus, we also got two tickets to the movies, "Thor" for this next tuesday evening. My wife and I will dine out and then take in the show.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR EXCLLENCE AND SHARING-IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
  • scpowscpow Member Posts: 9
    Hi all,

I got the following assurance for a price (Tech/ENT MDX for $44,295 (including dest charge) + TTL) from 3 dealers in the NJ/NY/CT area. I'll mention two of them, b/c the third one (in NJ) I had limited discussions with and told me right off they did not have the color I wanted. The other two-- Acura Milford CT and Paragon in Queens, NY. I did most of my work on the internet/email. I got to the price I wanted and was told to "come on down." But the only thing was, each of the three did a stutter-step when I went to get the color and interior color that I wanted, despite letting them know early on.

When I got there (The Queens, NY dealer that is...), they said how does a white one sound? How about this grey on with a scratch on it hood (we can buff that out). No thanks.

I am truly sorry I took the trip down to Queens. Back in CT, where I live, and even worse experience with the Milford dealership. The internet sales manager at Milford could not even answer basic questions directly. It took him three tries at answering the question "do you have the car in this color?" Then he backtracked on an assurance that he could meet the price above (this assurance was made by one of his staff). When I called him on it he never answered the simple question: "Can you meet or beat the price?" He said he would have to escalate after I gave him a CC number, really?... Come by, blah, blah, blah.

Sorry, no deal I thought.

Let me explain my simple alternative to this dirty back and forth game they were playing (It's not a great one if you are dead set on geeting the MDX -which is a great car by the way, but I was caught between the MDX and the X5, which I did a lot of groundwork on as far as price).

On the way home from Queens, back to CT, I picked up the cell phone and bought an BMW X5. Good price for the car (crossing my fingers on the reliability), but it is gorgeous and a 2012. 6K more, but what the heck.

Thank you aweful Acura dealerships and sales people for making me see what my future would hold if I was forced to interact with your dealership going forward (service).
  • racer_xrracer_xr Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response. I had the same experience with dealers in NC and SC; their attitude can be summed up as "I know you can buy it cheaper, but not within 250 miles." Pohanka was willing to deal in a more reasonable fashion. Did it all via email and they were decent on the trade-in too. I drove even further than you - 6 hours!
  • softwaysoftway Member Posts: 8
    Jensad,

Sounds like a great deal! Which Cali dealership did you ultimately purchase from?
  • nparshnparsh Member Posts: 1
    Hi Jensad,

Which CA dealer you used? It seems finance rate has increased to 1.9% (36 months) and 2.9% (60 months). Prices are shooting up because of less inventory. May be it is better to wait for a month or so. Any opinion?

Rgds
    I visited about four dealerships in the Bay Area but we settled for the local dealer in Concord as they gave us the vehicle we wanted and they gave us time to decide what color ect and the price and trade in was in line with blue book.

I calculated the discount on the mdx and it was about 11 %. I thought it was fair so I did not hassle over a bigger discount. (My 08 gl purchased there in 06 I got a 18 % discount after "playing the game" in 2008 but this time they offerred the discount so I took it.)

Terry was our sales representative and he is very professional and knowledgable, and I don't usually say that unless he/she treated us as human beings first, knows what he/she is talking about and then takes the time to allow us to make a decision.

We also got a ticket to the openning of Thor at the local movie house. First time that every happened to me and we had a good time. And the movie is pretty good to.

jensad
  • 2011mdxtech12011mdxtech1 Member Posts: 4
    Paid $42,500 for my Polished Metal 2011 MDX Tech at Norris Acura in Maryland. This price included everything except MD 6% sales tax. Nice people to deal with and a pleasant experience.
    Wow! I feel grateful that I found an excellent Acura dealer. I do remember a very loooooong time ago that a dealer tried that on me and tried to strong arm me to buy their car. My wife is very wise and she got me out of there before I did something I would regret. I hope things work out for you now and in the future.

jensad

I almost forgot. The dealer spnosored a movie for all of the recent purchasers of Acura from the dealership. My wife and myself and about 500 more went to a local threatre and watched' Thor" last tuesday nite. And it was a good movie.

jensad
  • pauladkinspauladkins Member Posts: 15
    I gave up last week on getting an MDX. No one wanted to give me a decent deal. I didn't try Concord. When you say 11% off what? All the dealerships weren't even close to Kelly's Blue Book values, so I am surprised to hear you got a decent trade in value.