Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sdmdxersdmdxer Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Just brought home my white 2008 mdx tech w/power tailgate certified pre-owned. 21K miles with roof rack, cross bars, running boards, chrome wheels for $34,720 + tax/fees. Also purchased the Acura Care Warranty, zero deductible, 7y/100k for $980. 2.34% financing.

Thanks for everyone's info, it helped me a ton! BTW, I'm in SoCal.
  • stlddsstldds Member Posts: 1
    I tried to negotiate with the 2 Acura dealerships in the St Louis area and they didn't come close to the offers I got from the Chicago area. They both started with the invoice price and asked to make a "reasonable" profit. What a bunch of BS. I ended up getting a base MDX in Orland Park, IL, in the color combo I wanted (Grigio/Taupe) for $39,660 including destination. This is not the absolute lowest price that I was quoted, but the internet salespeople were super nice guys. They were able to complete the credit application over the phone to ensure that I got the 0.9% rate over 36 months. Another dealer in the Chicago area didn't want to complete the credit application until I go in, so I didn't go with them. Bought a one way ticket to Columbus with a layover at Chicago (saved me $35 by doing this versus buying the ticket to Chicago), got out at Chicago, jumped in the cab and went down to the dealership. They even helped me with the cab fare. Drove 300 miles to get back to St Louis. Saved me about 2 grands.
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    Hi Pauladkins

The sticker price on the mdx with advance, was $ 55000. We paid $ 48000 which included a luggage rack. The advance model according Edmunds info has the tech within the advance add on Since we will be traveling across the USA we wanted the full boat which the safety stuff in also a part of the advanced.

If you contact Concord Acura speak with Terry Dudley the sales person. He will be helpful to you to decide. Also they have a lot of mdxs with various add ons.

The reason we decided to buy from Concord Acura was I had purchased my 08 RL there at a price of $ 42500 when the sticker was 52k. This time the dealer offered a 11 % discount with out "negociaton" and I figured it saved us vs. them negociations so i accented to the deal.

We also got $ 17500 tradein on our 06 Pilot, with 37000 k but with body damage. Blue book was close to $ 17500.

The problems in Japan is beginning to carry over into the supply and demand inventory over here. I.e. I have a feeling that the dealers will begin to not sell their big selling models at a discount as before. JMO, but Terry mentioned it and I assumed that the dealers will get a higher price now.

Pls let me know how you do Paula. Also I paid cash and did not finance the mdx.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
  • n1nja_dn1nja_d Member Posts: 17
    Nice price! I was able to get $45,500 OTD for a 2011 MDX Tech WITH roof rails/cross bars/ side steps at Rosenthal Acura in MD.
  • cornercrawlercornercrawler Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a very good price. What tax rate is included in that, 6%?
  • seaweed20seaweed20 Member Posts: 30
    Hi All,

Across the four dealers I have reached out to in Northern NJ, the best OTD price I am getting is $47,200. Is this a fair price? I don't think so but wanted to get your perspective.

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • twmdxtwmdx Member Posts: 13
    Yikes that's high. If you're willing to drive a few hours south, there are better prices in MD and VA. I just picked up a 2011 MDX Tech for 43250 OTD in northern VA. Probably could have gone a tad lower if I went with a color combo in the dealer's lot, but I wanted my first choice! :)
    That's a great price twmdx. Congratulations on your purchase. Could you share the details of your dealer and salesperson with me? With that big a difference, more than happy to drive down to VA to buy.

quick question, with buying out of state, does one sacrifice on after sales service experience? Assumption being that I would go to a dealership closer to me for servicing.

Thanks
  • lookingforcarslookingforcars Member Posts: 18
    seaweed20 -
    I would try Elite Acura in Maple Shade, NJ; they've quoted me close to invoice pricing for a 2011 MDX Tech/Entertainment at $45,180. Acura of Turnersville, NJ is also pretty close to that price.

Let me know how you make out, i'm trying to close out my deal soon.
    Hi lookingforcars, the OTD price of $47,200 (incld 7% NJ tax, registration, etc.) that I have been quoted is based of the invoice price of $43,290 for the Tech model. Now trying to see if I can get a lower price than that.

Is the $45,180 that they are quoting inclusive of all fees, taxes, etc?

Thanks
    edited May 2011
    Both Radley and Pohanka are aggressive in negotiating and both matched each other; at that point you can see what else they're willing to offer (additional accessories, free services, etc). Both dealerships were pleasant to work with, as long as you know your numbers and stick to your guns. Again, they'll probably give you bigger discounts on colors/options that they have on the lot vs something they'll have to order.

Usually, buying from a specific dealership gets you freebies (e.g., safety inspections, oil changes) and/or discounts during service at that dealership only. That's one thing you'll lose out if you don't buy locally.
    Hi seaweed20 - sorry didn't realize your price was OTD? My quotes are on sale price on vehicle, taxes, title/reg is extra.

How much are you able to save by traveling out of NJ to purchase the vehicle?
    Yes, it was 6%.
    Hi lookingforcars, I haven't yet received a quote from Pohanka or other dealers in VA. Based on the math on twmdx's purchase, seems I could save $1,500-$2,000 on the purchase.

Eventually, the trade-off for me is going to be not just the price for the new MDX but also what I get on my trade-in. Net of the trade-in, I have an OTD quote of $32,500 in NJ. I am hoping that VA dealers get me closer to $30K.
  • lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    TWMDX, the closest I came was Radley quoting me $44,300 OTD. Would you mind sharing your salesperson's contact information? Just their name and the dealer you did buy with. I'm looking to purchase by this weekend. Thanks!
    Hey there... would you mind sharing who you worked with? I would greatly appreciate the help. Can't seem to get close with Pohanka and Radley.
  • fuji3fuji3 Member Posts: 3
    Hi lccalvert_1999,
    I am also hunting a MDX car and just read your post.
    May I know the quote you are getting $44,300 OTD-is this a Basic or Tech package? If it is a Tech package, seems a very good deal to me. Thanks.
    Yes, its OTD. However, some folks have gotten much better deals. Well, maybe not much better, but $750 to $1000 is good coin. Go back and search about a month or so in these posts and you'll see some consistently lower prices.
    Hi lccalvert_1999, any luck with the dealer/salesperson?

Am looking for the Tech package as well and trying to see if I can close this weekend too.

No quotes yet from Pohanka or Radley.
    Man, if only the two of you were planning to buy a few weeks earlier (or if I had waited until now) I'm thinking the three of us could've gotten an even better deal!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Please...

No dealer contact information in your posts... And, if you want someone to have your e-mail address, then mark it public, in your profile... Do NOT post your e-mail in the discussion..

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi kyfdx, Understand the e-mail concerns, but why can't we post dealer related info if it helps others? Just curious to know.

Thanks
    Hi,

Sent you an e-mail last night. I am planning on driving down today (~250 miles) so let's connect soon, if possible.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    On forums where salesperson names are allowed, you get a lot of:

"I had a great experience with Joe Bag-0-Donuts at Downtown Chevy... He always gives the best deals! Go down today, and drive home in your own Chevy!"

We are a consumer-oriented website and find that our policy keeps out the shills.... Please refer to the message printed on each page of the Prices Paid Forums:

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks... .and have a great day!

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host - Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Got it. Thanks
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the info kyfdx!

Well seaweed20 and lccalvert_1999, best of luck in any case. I'm sure you'll be able to negotiate a great price by purchasing two and have multiple dealers compete.
  • enfgyojenfgyoj Member Posts: 9
    Hi -

Anyone who purchased 2011 MDX -Tech or Ent in Dallas Tx?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
  • dlake3dlake3 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my tech package mdx2011 here in OR. Prices here seems to be steeper than some of the prices I have seen people paying on East coast. I ended up paying 46200 out of the door for tech package with advance running, roof rail , cross bars and NW package ( all season floor mats +cargo tray + wheel lock).
    Appreciate your feedback on how I did. I did compromised on color a little. Bought palladium mettalic though Gregio was my first choice.
    Hey there,
    I purchased my MDX Tech from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD.
  • mdxcpomdxcpo Member Posts: 1
    Had a dealership quote $36k (+taxes and dmv fees) for a 2009 MDX - Sport (fully loaded) with 19k miles. The car is in quite a good condition both interior and exterior.

Is this a good deal?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Have you held off on a car purchase because you're waiting for a better deal? Or did you go ahead and buy because you assume car prices could just rise even further this summer? An Associated Press reporter would like to talk with you. Please send your contact information to Aaron Lewis at pr@edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• blibli Member Posts: 3
    HI LCCALVERT and seeweed20, have you guys bought your mdx with tech, i am looking to buy the same car, can I join you two and raise our bargaing power? if you already got yours, would you mind sharing your price and dealership? I am from PA.
    Hi,

I finally pulled the trigger this past Saturday and bought a 2011 Tech (White/Taupe).

twmdx - thanks a lot for the info. I bought mine from Pohanka.

Per one of my earlier posts, the best OTD (net of my trade-in) I was getting across 5-6 dealers in NY/NJ was $32,500 without any accesories. I called Pohanka and Radley and quickly got a quote for $30,000 flat OTD and with the following free accesories:

1) All weather floor mats
    2) Roof package (rails + cross bars)
    3) Advanced running board
    4) Wheels locks

So in nutshell, I saved nearly $3,500 by driving 250 miles to Pohanka. Heck, for such a discount I would have even driven 1,000 miles one way.

They even gave me 7 year interior protection for free after I refused to purchase it for $400.

This was probably one of the easiest purchasing process I have experienced in recent years. The salesperson was excellent and so easy to deal with. They gave me a price (net of trade-in), agreed on the accesories and color combination and delivered 100% when I got to the dealership. The car had just been delivered earlier in the day and only had 6 miles on the odometer.

What also helped was one of my friends (who also lives in Northern NJ) was in the market to buy the same car and ended up buying from Pohanka as well. So, guess, buying two at the same time provided some additional leverage as well.

Hi blis - I definitely recommend reaching out to Pohanka. Please e-mail me and I will be happy to give you the name of the sales person who helped me. You can find my e-mail address on my profile.

Thanks again twmdx. Love love love my new car. :)
    Congrats on the new car! Bet the drive back to NJ gave you a good opportunity to check out the ride and all the features. Plus that $3500 saved can go towards other car items (new wheels, tint, upgraded speakers, my finders fee...!)
  • blibli Member Posts: 3
    HI Seaweed,

Cong for getting your new car. I did reach out to them but got a so so quote. basically 43000 for mdx with tech without tax tag and fees. please share with me your sales person contact. I saw your email is private so I am not able to email you. I believe mine is public. can you email his/her contact? thanks.
  • barkulkumbarkulkum Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations on the car, i believe your OTD price is inclusive of the Trade in right?
    That is correct. $30,000 net of my trade in ($16,600).
  • humtumhumtum Member Posts: 11
    Hi Friends,

I'm on the lookout for Acura MDX in North Jersey & could manage a price quote at Invoice price yesterday for the Base Model i.e. $39900 (incl. Destination) ++ Taxes, DMV, Doc fee n levies xtra.
    On a rough note the dealer was willing to sell the Tech version also On or Close to Invoice price i.e. $43,000 (incl. Destination) ++ Taxes, DMV, Doc fee n levies xtra.

They are also having a 4 day Memorial Day special APR of 0.9% across the board.
  • kjshankjshan Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have a recent experience purchasing a 2011 MDX with Advance & Entertainment? I was considering the LR4, but really enjoyed driving the MDX. However, the LR4 is larger and less expensive.

My local Acura dealer gave me an offer $1300 under MSRP, and this seemed too high. I am seeing inventory of a similar vehicle out of state, and am wondering if any neighboring states to MO have had better purchase prices.
  • neovishneovish Member Posts: 7
    Just bought a 2011 Tech with fender trim/advance steps/roof rail package/trifold tray/mats/wheel locks OTD for $45250. Also a 0.9% for 5 years deal for the Memorial day weekend. I have been watching this forum and researching this vehicle forever. I feel I made a reasonable deal.
    Just for information as guideline for potential buyers. Thanks.
  • njpabobnjpabob Member Posts: 2
    cong NEOVISH.
    where did you buy it? I am looking for the same car. would you mind sharing your dealership informaiton?
  • neovishneovish Member Posts: 7
    Hello Nipabob
    The dealership is Acura of Fayettville, AR. I hope this information helps. Good luck
  • njpabobnjpabob Member Posts: 2
    thanks. it helps but too far. I am in PA. anybody who have good deal during memorial day please share with me. I want to pull the trigger this holiday to take advantage of their 0.9% rate.
    I would try Elite Acura in Maple Shade, NJ - they were quoting me $48,500 OTD price for Tech/Ent. I decided to pay $500 more for the color comb i wanted elsewhere. I would expect Elite to give you a good deal for an in-stock Tech MDX.
    Hi,

I finally pulled the plug on a Brand New MDX Base Model 42500 OTD in North NJ. Not sure if i could call it a good deal but @ 0.9% APR it's not bad. I checked quite a few dealers as far as Virginia but no one was willing to go below Invoice. However, after some effort i could manage this deal.
    Let me tell u guys these vehicles are selling like hot cake, One of the Dealers sold 5 MDX's between 9-12 am on Saturday & they didn't have more in stock!

Please help me in getting some free accessories form the dealer now. Not sure if all base model MDX's come with Wheel locks & matching floor mats, roof rails, side steps etc. My car delivery is tomorrow & not sure if the dealer will be willing to offer any freebies now. Also, in your experience dealers give free servicing for how many years as a standard. Mine is giving only 1st service free that's it.

Fellow reader's experiences / advises highly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • taruntarun Member Posts: 9
    Hi Folks, I need some urgent help on the following:
    Have an offer in NYC on 2011 MDX Tech white/taupe no accessories for $42750+8.875 ny Salestax +860 Destination+title .Acura Memorial day financing 0.9 % for 5 yrs.

My questions are:
    a)Is this a good deal?
    b)They are unable to deliver on Memorial day as their service dept is closed (Really??)They did say pick up is ok on next wrking day ..
    c)If I don't pick up for a week but sign the docs what should I look out for...??

Please help guys .....It's a big purchase and I don't want to be taken for a ride...Thanks in advance!!
    a) Seems high, but I'm sure everything in NY is expensive. You could probably save $4k by buying it out of the area.
    My 2 cents....try to go BELOW Invoice, looks like u r still above invoice! Try North Jersey dealers for a better bargain.....but check dealer inventory b'fore the trip.
    I got a base model for 42500 OTD taking delivery today!
    Those days n prices r gone, the dealers r not willing to go much below invoice, reason they know the supply's going to be low in the summer so better to make profit. Also the APR has fallen from 5.9% to 0.9% which is a very good saving in itself!
  • taruntarun Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Humtum.
    Thanks !!Actually this dealer came in lowest from all NY dealers .I do feel that he is above invoice but he's the only one that was even selling at that price .All the others didn't have the car in stock or refused to bargain...so you're right about the absence of the previous below invoice on high demand models ..(like the MDX Tech) .I looked at 1 NJ dealer who offered the car at below invoice but is 2 hrs drive ..so maybe ill call em again...but thanks and lemme know if you have other thoughts