Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jacobmjacobm Member Posts: 15
    Looking to buy roof rails and crossbars - I'm fairly handy so feel comfortable installing myself any recommendations on where I can get the best price?
    Thanks in advance.
  • neovishneovish Member Posts: 7
    Hello Tarun

MDX Tech for 42500 + destination = approx. 43400. Tax/title are necessary evil. If you factor in the Memorial Day 0.9% for 5 yrs. financing and the fact that this is hot SUV, you should be running to the dealership. I bought a similar vehicle 2 days ago in Arkansas for $ 43400 OTD + accessories extra. With the financing, Iam sure it is a great deal. Good luck
    hello Jacobm
    Try Acura estore.
  • taruntarun Member Posts: 9
    Hi Neovish,Humtum
    I signed on the said deal (42650)+TAX+TTL+ACCESSORIES.Taking delivery tomorrow.Financed at 0.9 for 6o mths.I did take up a few other (NJ )Dealers and asked them to beat the price .They refused .So upshot is that I might have saved alittle more but given the time and distance constraints of leaving work etc.I'd rather seal a deal on my Vaca vs. losing work etc.

I hope there won't be any surprises at pickup.....Tahnks for the advice and encouragement guys!!
  • humtumhumtum Member Posts: 11
    Hey,
    What was your OTD price?
    Wanted to compare against my Base model @ 42500 out of the door!
  • twmdxtwmdx Member Posts: 13
    Did you try Radley or Pohanka in VA or Rosenthal in MD? People were getting good deals just this past weekend.

For accessories, the time to negotiate was before you bought the car. You've lost most of your leverage once you bought the car. Nevertheless, I recommend asking for 40% off the dealer's installed price for accessories. If they balk, you can always order the accessories from another dealer (like Del Ray or Curry), and even with shipping, it'll come out cheaper. All the accessories you listed are easy to install by yourself (although you may need two people for the side steps).
    edited May 2011
    hey Humtum,
    Out the door pricing involves taxes which may be different.So you'll calculate that for your county etc.Pre tax negotiated price was 43500(INCL.Destination)+8.875NY tax.

Like some others mentioned dealers further away may offer lower prices but yesterday no one was willing to match this price in the NYC metro area.

I called ELITE(NJ) and their best offer was 100 dollars less than mine(which is at Curry Acura).However they are 2 hrs from me and its just not worth it in time/tolls/gas spent

I had too do this on the wknd as i don't have time off otherwise so maybe we ended uppaying a bit more but its worth the convenience for us. For more substantial savings upwards of 1000 dollars I would travel not for a couple hundred.

Also demand for the Tech pkg only model seems to be the highest.Next would be base then Tech w RES and Advance is least in demand (Based on my unscienific research) thus the pricing is inversely proportional to demand.

Anyways just hope the delivery goes smoothly ...don't trust these car dealers even though these guys have been great until now ..no hardsell gimmicks....Oh and the accessory pricing is better than what I could get from ACURA's estore for most NY area dealers..We got the running boards,Roof rails Remote start and the protection pkg 1 for around 20% less than online quotes.(Not as much as 40% as done by twmdx) :P I might haggle more before paying today if I have the energy :sick: ...will let the forum know

Thanks
    edited May 2011
    OTD price is relevant if you live close to other states and are considering buying out of state, but I alas, differences in taxes can result in large swings in total cost.

>>Also demand for the Tech pkg only model seems to be the highest. Next would be base then Tech w RES and Advance is least in demand (Based on my unscienific research) thus the pricing is inversely proportional to demand.

Unscientific, but I agree! Seems like Tech was the most popular when I shopped. Very few people were buying the entertainment add-on, probably because at that price you could buy a few iPads + mounts.

BTW, I got the discount off accessories (approx 39% total installed price) during negotiating for the car. Once I bought the car and wanted to add some more, they would only go to 20% for the additional stuff and wouldn't match online discounts; ultimately I purchased additional accessories online.
    Is it possible to buy the Accessories ONLINE & then have them Installed at the Acura dealership??
    I'm asking as my dealer has refused to budge from 10% discount on installed pricing sheet which is too far expensive.

I'm taking delivery of my vehicle in next couple of hours!

Thanks all for sharing your experiences.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    They aren't going to let you bring in your own accessories and install them for you...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2011
    Very unlikely. You'd have better luck with an independent mechanic than a dealership.

Which accessories? Many are easy to install yourself (or find a mechanically-inclined friend).

While getting it installed by the dealer may be more expensive, in many cases dealer-installed accessories carry the same warranty as the car.
  • seaweed20seaweed20 Member Posts: 30
    I agree with twmdx re: reaching out to dealers in other states. I live in Northern NJ and right next to NYC and spoke to quite a few dealers in the general area (Acura of Manhattan, Open Road Wayne, DCH Montclair, Springfield Acura, Park Ave Acura) but couldn't get a fair price from them. Plus no one was willing to "throw in" accesories for free or even a subsidized price.

I eventually bought a 2011 Tech from Pohanka Acura (last weekend) for $46,000 OTD (incld. 7% NJ sales tax) and also got a host of accesories for free or maybe a subsidized price, depending on how you slice and dice the build-up. And I got the accesories added in after I had already negotiated the price.

1) All weather floor mats
    2) Roof package (rails + cross bars)
    3) Advanced running board
    4) Wheels locks
    5) 7 year interior protection

What I didn't get was the 0.9% APR financing, which is okay.

It all depends on the time of the week/month because each dealer's appetite to offer a discount varies based on a multitude of factors - inventory, demand, competition, buyer desperation, holiday sales, etc.
    Congratulations Tarun on your new Acura MDX.
    Hi Everyone,
    so finally done and brought it home.Looks nice with the accessories(even tho I say it myself).They (Acura Dlrship) did try to sell the extended warranty but that was it.Compared to the last time very little push which I like.Maybe coz i didn't break their price as much aas some others .....Anyways ...enjoyed the drive home and it's hard to resist the impulse to let 'er rip ....Gotta wait for the break in but so far so good!!

:blush:
  • ddasddas Member Posts: 14
    Bought the Tech+Ent MDX today, paid $44500 including freight ($ 46500, OTD) at Radley in Northern VA. Also got all weather floor mats, cargo trey, wheel locks and advance running board (all included in the above price) plus the 0.9% apr and free oil change till 50K. Seems like a good deal. What do folks say?
    Thanks a lot friends for all your responses, Appreciate it!
    I finally drove my MDX base model home, last evening! Let me tell you that it felt wonderful.

I purchased it from Open Acura of Wayne. I got the best offers from Pohanka n Radley n the best made Acura of Wayne match it Dollar for Dollar! Also managed to get 20% on the Installed accessories. Got myself a Wood Grain Steering Wheel n Gear Shift matching my Beige interior and Acura Remote start installed for $1400.
    The 0.9% APR for 60 months was the deal clincher!

Thanks again.
  • jojomd99jojomd99 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    After months of researching and reading this forum,
    my wife and I finally drove one home this past weekend.
    The information from the forum was very helpful. Thanks, everyone.

We live in southern california, Los Angeles county,
    and the sales tax rate doesn't look any good compared to other states (9.75%)
    We bought at South Coast of Acura

We were able to negotiate to $42700 including the advanced running boards. (OTD 47500)
    The 0.9% APR financing for 60 months was nice, too.
  • seai123seai123 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    I"m sorry to have to ask this question but I"m a little confused.. what does it mean when someone pays OTD price? Out the door price includes what exactly? :confuse:

Does it mean (Price of car + taxes+ DMV Fees + Doc Fees)?
    thanks for answering me :)
    edited June 2011
    OTD = out the door = final total price you pay to walk out the door with the car, to include everything (vehicle, any and all fees, taxes, surcharges).

Typically OTD is without accessories, but sometimes people include accessories in OTD prices, so they'll negotiate/say: I want/got this car + roof rails + advanced steps for $XYZ OTD.

Also sometimes OTD includes trade-in, but as trade-ins vary it's better to post OTD without trade-in for helping people to comparison shop.

I prefer to negotiate OTD prices, which helps me compare prices between dealerships and in different states. This way, if I want to pay $10,000, I don't care if they sell the car for $9,500 with $500 in taxes/fees or $500 for the car with $9,500 in taxes/fees.
  • nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    Neovish, Can you give me a breakdown of your OTD price? Please email or post.
    Hello nmsq

OTD did not include taxes. Otherwise the following is the price paid.

$45750 for OTD with trifold tray, wheel locks and multiseason mats., black roof rail package, fender trim, Advance running boards, side molding, moon roof visor and door edge guard. I hope this helps. Good luck.
    Hello nmsq

The base price on which the accessories were built up was 43250 which incidentally included the trifold tray, wheel locks and mutiseason mats.
  • hikers2000hikers2000 Member Posts: 3
    I am debating b/w 2011 Base and Tech. Here is the best quote I can get:

Base with wheel lock: $39,000 (destination inclusive) plus TTL
    Tech: $42,500 (destination inclusive) plus TTL

Is this a good price?
  • jsc_usajsc_usa Member Posts: 11
    They both look very good compared to the ones on Long Island. Where do you get those quotes from?
  • hikers2000hikers2000 Member Posts: 3
    I got these quotes from los angeles area
  • bostonloubostonlou Member Posts: 11
    I've tried searching this thread for which Massachusetts dealers are best for pricing but I haven't had much luck

and it seems like some people won't reveal their dealer name?? why is that?

anyway

can anyone recommend a dealer in MA?

thanks!
  • bucrx7bucrx7 Member Posts: 7
    I have a mass dealer I can recommend, I leased a mdx tech back in april and they gave me the best price out of the four local acura dealers. Click on my username and email me.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Just tell us the dealership... there might be hundreds of readers, who aren't posting... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• yhwxzyhwxz Member Posts: 3
    Humtum,

What you got sounds like a good deal. Would you mind sharing the dealer info? I'm in the same area looking for the same model. Thanks.

HY
  • shookee1shookee1 Member Posts: 1
    For those shopping price information. Here is OTD price in Palm Beach County, FL for 2011 MDX-Tech. $43,000 w/out accessories. $44,165 with silver roof rails, advanced running boards, door edge guards, body side molding. Picking it up today!
    If that's inclusive of tax, you got a great price! Congrats on the new car and great selection of accessories!
  • mrd4mrd4 Member Posts: 27
    hikers2000,

have you made decision of choosing which car? I'm on the market to buy a base model in coming July 4th weekend. Can you share the dealer name in LA area? I'm also in SoCal.
  • mugenex6mugenex6 Member Posts: 33
    Hi everyone, what is the best price for 2011 Acura MDX w/ ADVANCED package (no RES). I went through several pages but I don't see anyone having purchased an MDX w/ ADVANCED package.
  • mjs560mjs560 Member Posts: 14
    I am considering purchasing a Certified Pre-Owned 2008 MDX with 23k miles for $29,600. It's in excellent condition, one owner and the car fax notes that it has been serviced regularly.

I also looked at another 2008 MDX that had 20k and the dealer is willing to sell it for $28,900. It's had two owners so I am a little skeptical of that.

I'm leaning towards the MDX with 23k miles as it has had only one owner and the body is in better shape. Has anyone had any luck asking the dealer for free service for the first two years, or any other incentives? Is the $29,600 a fair price?
    The best quote I got is $47K before TTL&destination, it's in SoCal.
    edited June 2011
    FYI. Just got phone call from Acura dealership. But I just made purchase yesterday for MDX w/ tech, it ends up $42,200 before TTL, financing 20K with 1.9%. But I think the deal itself worth more than 1% financing rate, so I rushed for it. Btw, I'm in SoCal.
  • car13579car13579 Member Posts: 3
    mrd4, congratulations to your new purchase. Do you mind share which dealer you used, or email me with the info? I am in N. Ca, but no problem to go to S.CA. Thank you.
    you can try acura riverside internet department. they will do what they promised.
  • jay1234jay1234 Member Posts: 7
    I bought new MDX last year. Now, it is on 8000 mile. I had tire rotated in 6000 mile. After that, car pulled right. Acura dealer said that there was no alignment problem. But, "I" found that abnomal tire wear in front tire which was on rear before tire rotation. Is this tire problem under warranty. Dealer did not want to replace tire with new ones.
  • alag76alag76 Member Posts: 2
    Hey sdmdxer,

Were the accessories already on the MDX advertised or did you negotiate them to be added? I'm also in SoCal and trying to buy a Certified MDX and was wondering about how to get some accessories. Thanks!
  • alag76alag76 Member Posts: 2
    I'm considering purchasing a 2009 Certified Used MDX Tech/Ent w/ 30K miles. The car is listed at $37,883 and we've been able to get them down to $36,500. Does that sounds like a good price? At what point should I start asking for accessories? Is it negotiable on used cars? Thanks for the advice!
  • macaroni_macmacaroni_mac Member Posts: 2
    Been shopping for a 2010 MDX in northern VA. Pohanka Acura tried a bait and switch today with a four day sale on a 2011 tech for $43.7. I'm trying to get clarification of if that includes TTL.

Got my eyes on a 2010 tech/ent with 14k...current offer is $41.6 out the door.

Thoughts?
  • car13579car13579 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Jojomd99, does your price include the roof rails also, or only the running board? Really appreciate your help. Thanks.
  • jojomd99jojomd99 Member Posts: 2
    This was with only the running board.
  • 6thstreet6thstreet Member Posts: 10
    Anyone received quotes for any models for the 0.9 up to 60 month offer going on through July 5th? I'm going to try and get pricing towards the end of the deal but wanted to see what's out there. I'm looking for a base model, but pricing for any would help.
  • basque04basque04 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for the same car, and am not too far from Wayne. Can you tell me the name of the salesperson. That seems like a good deal, and the accessories discount would also be helpful as I want to add rails and boards. Thx.
  • fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Member Posts: 58
    Does anyone have information on the release date for the 2012 MDX? Are any changes anticipated?

Thanks
    Plus 0.9% financing, it looks pretty agressive.
    OPTION #1: Stock# 110412 2011 Acura MDX

MSRP: $ 42,955

Your E-Price*: $38,394 + fees/destination and any dealer installed accessories.

OPTION #2: Stock#110392 2011 Acura MDX with Technology Package

MSRP: $ 46,255

Your E-Price*: $41,726 + fees/destination and any dealer installed accessories.
    edited June 2011
    The price seems hot. I asked around in San Diego County, the lowest pricing is $1000 higher. I asked to bring down to $500 higher, no dealer responded. Not to mention the Riverside dealer is still willing to negotiate another $300-400 if you can purchase today. I can see it's about $1300 lower than San Diego county pricing. Not sure for LA and Orange county pricing.
  • la_dudela_dude Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2011
    After eShopping around for the lowest price with several Acura dealers in SoCal, I picked up a 2011 Acura MDX base model, Palladium Metallic from Acura in Valencia, CA for $39,300 + TTL and 0.9% finance for 60 months. The whole transition took less than 3 hours from the test drive to out the door. I'm very happy with the price and the customer service is excellent.