Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• austexaustex Member Posts: 62
    So whats the drive out? I saw one in Dallas at ~ 43.6 OTD for a base MDX 2011
    Which state are you in and whats the name of the dealership. Looking in Dallas .. nothing below 33k for what you are getting
  • mrd4mrd4 Member Posts: 27
    congratulation. This is very reasonable price which is comparable to the pricing befor tsunami. In SoCal, Riverside Acura also can offer $39K for base model. I was in market for RX 350 and MDX, but it turns out Lexus dealer wants to charge $2000 premium for tsunami. Then I just dumped them and chose MDX.
  • la_dudela_dude Member Posts: 6
    OTD price is $44.5K considering 9.75% TTL for us Californians.
    Thanks mrd4. I probably can save couple more hundred bucks by going with Riverside Acura but not worth the 3hrs driving trip for me. The 0.9% APR is a big bonus for the buyers right now.
    Looking at ~ 36k OTD. It has about 33500 miles. Dealer in texas.

Worth it??
    Did they not give the cargo tray etc?
    thats a good base price. Did you buy it at?
  • nhe261nhe261 Member Posts: 7
    Try Riverside Acura, I got on in Mar for base 42000OTD. Not bad.
    that's very good deal. The best deal I heard in Mar. is $41000 OTD for base model in SoCal. Right now Riverside Acura offers $43000 OTD plus 0.9% financing, I thinks it's still good.
  • enfgyojenfgyoj Member Posts: 9
    Hi -

I am planning to negotiate a pre-owned 2010 MDX Tech/Ent which has 27k miles on it for 41k OTD. The listed price is 40K + TTL.

Is this a good price?

Thanks in advance
    DId you add options/accessories to it? Even with 9.75% tax . you are still around 43.1k
    I got the base model with no additional option. My bad, I also included the finance charge in my previous post so the price is high. Here is a breakdown:

Base price: $39260
    Document fees: $55
    Sale Tax: $3833
    DMV electronic filing Fees : $22
    License Fees: $452
    Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees: $88
    California Tire Fees: $9

OTD price: $43725
    The doc fee is where they get you no matter what .. i am looking at ~ 43k OTD with Protection 1 Package ...
    Other option is Base around $44.5 OTD with P1, BSM, Advanced Running Boards, Tint

And a 09 CPO Tech around 36k OTD ~34k miles
  • guamjoguamjo Member Posts: 6
    I'm in the market for MDX w/Tech and saw your post about the 46K OTD at Pohanka Acura - did this OTD price include sales tax or was it 46K plus the 7% tax?

Obviously, this was the best deal, but just out of curiosity, what OTD price did the other dealers in the area give you?

I'm looking to buy relatively soon, so any info you can share would be helpful.

Thanks
  • jpellinjpellin Member Posts: 1
    I am buying a non tech 08 MDX with 34,000 miles. This is a CPO with one owner and no documented accidents.

Is $30,000 a fair price?

Thanks for any input!
  • mjs560mjs560 Member Posts: 14
    I am looking at the same model. From what I've seen, if you're looking at the base model, the price sounds a little high. All of the 08 base MDX's that i've looked at are in the 28k - 29,500 range.

The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is that I'm looking to purchase an ebony interior and I haven't found one that is in good shape both interior and exterior wise. If the 08 that you're looking at is in excellent shape and the carfax is clean, see if you can get the dealer to go a little lower.
    Is that OTD ?
  • enfgyojenfgyoj Member Posts: 9
    41 k OTD

Could you pls let me know if you think it is fair deal?
    Can folks who recently purchased the MDX post some real world MPG #s either here or in the other forum? Ppl complained of less than 10 city mileage and was wondering if you'll new buyers of 11 or earlier models are seeing something similar.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    We have a discussion for that!

Acura MDX MPG Real World Numbers

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I know about that forum. But the guys who bought recently didnt post their so made that comment here.
  • enjoythepathenjoythepath Member Posts: 3
    hi folks,
    Looking to purchase an MDX with Tech package in the next couple of months. These are some options we have now:
    *certified 2009, around 30,000 miles for 34,500.
    *certified 2010, for around 39,000$.
    *new 2011 for around 44,000.

I was wondering if based on your experiences there is any good reason to wait until the 2012s come out. Are there likely to be major incentives (I know about the APR one now for 2011) on 2011s when the 2012s come out?
    Many thanks!
  • mugenex6mugenex6 Member Posts: 33
    Hi MRD4, have you purchased your MDX w/ Advanced yet?
  • jurizarjurizar Member Posts: 23
    I live in Los Angeles and I wanted to get some feedback on the current offer I have for a 2011 MDX Tech.

$43,015 including destination
    plus tax and license.

Does this sound like a good deal?

I haven't decided whether I'm going to lease or buy yet, but I am being told that both lease rates and purchase rates are good at the moment.
  • car13579car13579 Member Posts: 3
    Bought my 2011 tech package a month and half ago, 20mpg on highway between south and north California with speed around 75mph. 19mpg from San Francisco to Reno. 23mpg from Reno back to San Francisco. Don't have a full tank on driving around town yet. Combined over 2000miles so far is about 18.5mpg.
  • curt2468curt2468 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I have been looking for a MDX - Tech as well. The price you recieved is better than what I have come up with so far at $43,900. Do you mind telling me what dealer you were talking with?
    I bought tech MDX about $42,200 including destination charge a month ago from Riverside Acura. But right now, it seems price goes higher $800 bucks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter would like to talk with a recent new car buyer who was considering buying used, found prices higher than expected and decided instead to buy new? Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by 4pm Eastern on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 to be interviewed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hikers2000hikers2000 Member Posts: 3
    $43,015 is not too bad a deal, although I bought my MDX tech 2 months ago at $42,500+TTL at Center Acura of LA.
  • bonvoleurbonvoleur Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I'm in the market to buy an Acura MDX myself, and I'm in Jersey. I was wondering if you could give me the dealer information that gave you the price on your MDX for the 42,500?

I've been looking around, and while I understand that it was a memorial day sale, I was hoping I might be able to attract a similar deal with your dealer.

Any information you could provide would be great!

Many Thanks,

Bon.
  • twmdxtwmdx Member Posts: 13
    If you're willing to make the drive down to Northern VA, I bought my 2011 Tech a few months ago for 43500 OTD, or about 41660 before fees/TTL. Both Pohanka and Radley were willing to negotiate and match.
  • michaelrr2011michaelrr2011 Member Posts: 7
    Look in northern Jersey you can do much better on a base mdx. I was quoted 41,000 by multiple dealers.
  • keraczkeracz Member Posts: 1
    I'm shopping for one in Mass. Selection horrible. Prices quotes $44200-44900 plus TTL. Has anyone found better deal or should I wait till November-January for 2012?
  • jurizarjurizar Member Posts: 23
    I just wanted to update everyone. My wife and I just took delivery earlier today on an MDX tech for $42,298 (MSRP of $47,490). We ended up leasing, but we feel we got a great deal overall. We got ours from Center Acura in Sherman Oaks.
  • whgyuwhgyu Member Posts: 2
    Anyone recently bought MDX+tech in twin cities area? The best quote I got was $44500+TTL, quite horrible compared to other posts in this forum.
    Hi Michael,

Do you have any of the dealers information that you could send to me. Specifically the dealers you had interactions with? That would be helpful for me, as I have been looking around PA, NYC, and NJ but haven't gotten a quote I have been happy with.

I did go by Princeton Acura in NJ, and the sales guy there was the most obnoxious and rude I had ever come across.

And his price was bloated to boot.

Appreciate the assistance!

Best,

Bon.
    I would totally be willing to make the drive down. I'm in DC on a pretty regular basis to see friends, so I could make it down from there.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • qyugqyug Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    I am being offered 40650 + TTL. Does it look reasonable? Can I get better than this? If so where?

Any info is greatly appreciated as I am planning to pull the trigger today.
    Look in northern Jersey there are better deals there.
    Ramsey Acura

Park Ave Acura (about 8 miles south of Ramsey on 17)

Northern Jersey on Rte. 17
  • qyugqyug Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, what can I expect (rough estimate)?
  • mjs560mjs560 Member Posts: 14
    I've purchased Acura's from Ramsey Acura and Park Ave Acura and there is a huge difference in customer service. I would highly recommend Park Ave. Ramsey is a shady dealership. Dealerrater.com will also confirm this.
    Park Ave is much better to deal with I would agree. I have purchased at Park Ave but have shopped at Ramsey. Go a little further south on 17 it is worth the trip to Park Ave.
  • rockdog22rockdog22 Member Posts: 1
    Im considering a 2011 MDX Tech with 3k miles on it - it is a Dealer Demo. Dealer is willing to sell it to me at invoice - $43928. Is this a good price for a demo with 3k miles on it, or should I expect better? If so, what do you think is a good counter?
  • mtogmtog Member Posts: 1
    i just purchased a 2011 MDX with tech package demo with 1700 miles for $42,000 in Northern NJ.
    A new 2011 MDX with Tech package would have cost me $43,900. I opted for the demo and saved $1900.
  • drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    Try $41.5, worst they can do is say no.
  • ncbuckeyencbuckeye Member Posts: 1
    This forum was helpful for getting general pricing info, but no posts for North Carolina! So- here's what played out for 2011 MDX Base Model in the Cary/Raleigh Area:

Leith Acura of Fayetteville - 1 car in stock, 42500 out the door (Tax is 7%)

Leith Acura of Cary Auto Park - No cars in stock, 43540 out the door (Tax is 6.75%)- He said he was waiving transfer fees.

Hendrick Performance Acura of Chapel Hill - No cars in stock- didn't even bother asking about price

Crown Acura of Greensboro - never got a call back.

We ended up taking 42500 OTD - With 885 destination and 7% tax, I think this works out to about 38,810 for the car. Black with parchment interior- picking it up tonight. We are also doing the 1.9% financing for 48m.

Hope this info is helpful for some- would be interested if others in the area are getting same deals.
  • myscreenname1myscreenname1 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    $48,324 MDX Advanced (with floor mats & wheel locks)
    $2,676 Accessories (20% off installed price) includes (black roof rails and crossbars, body side molding, advanced running boards, towing package, all season floor mats, cargo tri-fold, cargo net, window tint)
    $51,000 Total
    $3187.50 TX Sales Tax
    $127.50 Inv Tax (Optional TX Dealer Fee)
    $33.00 Title
    $23.75 Inspection
    $75.80 License
    $130.00 Doc (Optional TX Dealer Fee)
    $54,577.55 OTD

(approximately $2000 less than I could get in Austin, TX :surprise: )
  • ncmdxncmdx Member Posts: 19
    Good Work!! I had to go to Fayetteville to get my MDX as well. I had a very similar experience for my 05 model with the other dealers you mentioned. I wonder when they will catch on to the power of the internet and forums like this one?