Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• huh1huh1 Member Posts: 1
    twmdx, do you mind giving me the name of the dealership and the sales?
  • marcnjmarcnj Member Posts: 8
    That is a deal unheard of here in NJ. My Wife and I offered $42,500 on a Tech last night and the dealer looked at us like we had 4 heads LOL. The best he gave me was $43,500. These prices are with dest chg included. Was your price of $42,298 with destination?
  • twmdxtwmdx Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2011
    Radley, and Pohanka will match/counter. Can't provide name of sales associate per forum rules.

I don't know if it was good timing, good sales agent, good negotiating, or all of the above, but seems like my '11 Tech deal was close to many of the Base model deals on this forum.
  • steve0199ussteve0199us Member Posts: 9
    I got my '11 Tech for 42.5k, here is the break down and total....

I added prot package 1 and the rail/ cross bars for another 2k.. With taxes and fees, I ended up paying a little over 48k with the .9 apr loan.

Paragon in Qns
  • erinecerinec Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Local dealer (I live outside of Baltimore, MD) is offering $49,324, including destination, not including taxes or tags. Is this a good deal?
  • canuck101canuck101 Member Posts: 6
    Here is the deal I have pending.

2011 Tech MDX Black/Black. 43,100 including destination. 750.00 loyalty incentive. Final sale price 42,350.

3000 due at signing, 466/month lease with 10,000 miles/yr.

Includes wheel locks, trifold cargo cover, and all season mats.

Thoughts?
    $42,350 is an excellent deal. I would never put down $3000 for a lease though, just my .02. Is the $750 loyalty just for leases?
  • txhokietxhokie Member Posts: 1
    Have been offered $43.5k for new tech pkg including destination, side moldings, window tint, wheel locks. Thoughts? I, too, am curious to know if the loyalty incentive is just for leases. Hadn't seen any incentives other than financing options on the MDX.
    Yes it is just for new leases for returning customers so I am told. Why wouldn't you put the 3k down.
    Always read to put down minimal as possible on leases. Like just inceptions, maybe $1000 or so. So if I owned a 06 TL, would I be entitled to the $750 loyalty?
    I closed today and it is for current acura owners and only an incentive on a lease apparently.

Hope this helps,
  • longacuralongacura Member Posts: 2
    I am trying to make a deal today on the 2010 MDX Tech/Ent with Advance running board, Gray with 22K on it for $37K+TTL. Is this a good deal?
    I heard that 2010 and up have bad Gas MPG.
  • steve0199ussteve0199us Member Posts: 9
    if you are happy, go for it! I think the base 2011 is around 38.5-39k...

You are getting a lot of ponies in the engine, not a hybrid car... Enjoy the ride
  • rite237rite237 Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market for a new MDX Tech. I am in Chicago area. If anyone is planning to buy a MDX soon we can probably team up and get a greater discount from the dealership?? thoughts?
  • tai525tai525 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a 2011 MDX tech package in the San Francisco area. Any recommendation on a dealership/sales rep? Price?
  • kyulandkyuland Member Posts: 1
    wow that's great deal!! can u tell me which dealer did u go for that?
    thanks
  • madan1madan1 Member Posts: 4
    Plan to buy MDX tech/Ent soon, i am from chicago area.
  • enfgyojenfgyoj Member Posts: 9
    Hi -

Anyone who bought MDX recently from anyone of the dealers in Dallas TX? Appreciate your suggestions.

BTW , Do we know when 2012 MDX is going to be released?

Thanks in advance
  • whgyuwhgyu Member Posts: 2
    The 2012 model will come out in about a month.
  • fuji3fuji3 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the 2012 MDX info.
    Does anyone know what are the major changes or new features for 2012 MDX?
    Actually I also heard Infinity will release their new SUV(7 passengers) -JX by end of this year.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/infiniti/2011-infiniti-jx-concept-ar108397/pictures- .html

So, just wondering how competitive between 2012 Acura-MDX and Infinity-JX.
    Looking forward to hearing more feedback on this.
    Thanks.
  • bestdeal7bestdeal7 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a Certified pre-leased Acura MDX 2009 with Technology package, has 17000 miles. Listed for $34990. Any thoughts?
    Is it worth it? or should we wait for the end of the year and go for a 2011 model?
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    I would wait and get the new mdx. 2010 onwards there
    Are a lot of std features that are considered options in 2007 to 2009
    Models. The technology package is a lot more better.

Psp
  • tornadogtornadog Member Posts: 102
    edited September 2011
    I am looking to upgrade my 2010 Honda PIlot EX for the 2011 MDX with the tech/ent package. I am in Baton Rouge so only have 1 dealer choice in the area. What can I expect as a tradein value and what is a good price to pay for the MDX?
  • fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Member Posts: 58
    I am hoping to buy a new 2011/2012 MDX. All of them I have looked at on the dealer lots and have seen on the road have the rear hatch installed off center by about a quarter of an inch. Also, the dash component sections are mismatched (Consumer Reports also noticed this dash problem) although they are better matched now than in 2009/2010 models). The door windows also rattle when down when you close the door. Has anyone had any experience getting these issues addressed, especially the rear hatch being installed off-center. I would not be so concerned if it was a $35K Dodge, but it is a $50K Acura! I live in the LA area. (What has happened to the quality in this car that I have loved for so long?)
  • johnnyfog1johnnyfog1 Member Posts: 1
    Here's the recent emails from Pohanka. It seems the great deals people have posted about don't exist.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:39:24 PM
    Message body
    Hi xxx
    Thanks for the email. I understand the prices you saw on the Forums but as we all know, anyone can post anything in these forums. Considering the market situation with the limited availability, the best price on the new 2011 MDX-Base will be $41,546 plus Tax, Tags, Processing, and Freight.
    For the Protection Pkg #1 - $$453.12
    Advanced Running Boards = $899.65
    We have very limited availability of these MDXs.
    Feel free to call me in case of any questions.
    Thanks,

On Sep 21, 2011 8:26 xxx wrote:

I haven't heard back from you. I'm a willing buyer but you don't seem to be interested. Is there something I'm missing here?

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To:
    Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 10:51:21 PM
    Subject: Re: Re: 0.9% on ALL in stock New Acuras 60 Months

Wow, this is a far cry from what I have seen in the Edmund's site forums. They said you dealership was selling the Base Model, including freight and protection package 1 for 39,169. That's $3,700 less than you've quoted me.
    I would think that near the end of the model year you would be lowering not raising prices.
  • jdavidsonjdavidson Member Posts: 25
    edited September 2011
    Folks,

Here's the offer from a very reputable dealer:

sale price of $40,796
    Sale Tax 7.375% $3008.71
    Motor vehicles $250
    Doc Fee $289
    Total price is $44,343.71

questions:
    - worth waiting a month until the 2012s are out? Prices for the 2011s should decrease or we might want a 2012
    - anyone receive a significantly better deal in the area? There were some reports of the base being sold for $38,500-$39,000 but that was over the summer and details in the post are little fuzzy
  • k2chadk2chad Member Posts: 18
    Just got a 2011 base. MSRP 43,815
    I paid $40,550 after several rounds of negotiating from the internet dept. I feel like I got a good deal and it was a very easy transaction. Very impressed with the dealer on the North Shore of MA.
  • investinvest Member Posts: 7
    Any idea on timing? New colors? I cannot find anything. Dealer said no new colors or changes but they always say that
    I think the 2012s are due the beginning of nov.
  • mabyemdxmabyemdx Member Posts: 2
    hi, is $40,550 OTD price? thanks!
  • mabyemdxmabyemdx Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Got an offer on 2011 MDX w/ tech
    add items: protection pack I, moon roof visor, body side molding for $46,000 OTD.

Should I take it or wait?
    Actually I want to buy an 2011 MDX w/tech & ent.. but no offer is lower than $49,000.
    or should I take Mdx w/tech & ent for $49250 OTD?
    Need some advice..
    no one can evaluate if it's a good deal without understanding the components of the price, especially since tax rates differ across the country.
  • k2chadk2chad Member Posts: 18
    That's pre-tax/license fees. Bought out of state.
  • de0riginalde0riginal Member Posts: 6
    Hi

At the moment I am looking for a 2011 MDX /w tech package. Anyone had any luck getting it around 41-42k? Entailly, I was looking for a 2011 MDX with tech/ent package but when I went to the dealer and talked, the best deal I got was $46,870 with $7000 trade in and 0.9 APR instead of 1.9 APR. I thought i could have pushed hard to get it at 43-44k but didnt work out. Im from boston, ma and wanted to know if anyone else was able to do better....
  • pg123pg123 Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    Getting quotes of $43900 + TTL for 2011 MDX w/ tech and $45600 + TTL for 2011 MDX w/ tech/ent in the Boston area.

I guess it is better to wait for the 2012 MDX in November
  • javateckjavateck Member Posts: 1
    I want to get one tech package Acura MDX in bay area, can somebody shed a light on the price paid? I got one quote from Stevens creek, $44000, much higher than discussion here
  • blacklabel1blacklabel1 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I am located in Houston-TX and recently bought a 2011 MDX with Tech. package. Seems to be a shortage of them, looked everytwhere and the best deal I could find was $43,500 + TTL. I was also able to get the following accessories for an additional $800 (some of them were installed already by the dealer and had no choice, but negotiate him down as much as I could):
    - Tinted on windows
    -Wheels Lock
    - Body side molden
    -All weather mats
    -Cargo cover
    - Nitrogen on tires
    -Diamond Fusion = windshield protection
    -Data dots

Hope this helps someone else
    Finally I Purchased the 2011 MDX Tech , Drive out $45000 which includes Wheel locks,Side Moulding and Tint.

Hopefully this will be helpful to others
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    What is the selling price and tax rate?
    Selling price 41800
    Doc Fee - 200
    others charges - 150
    TTL - 2646 + 99
  • pete2815pete2815 Member Posts: 20
    Visited my local dealer to have a firmware update (recall on my 2007). Business is slow but inventory for new ones looked low. I would wait until the lot begins to fill with the 2012s then decide. Probably do it near end of month and best month seems to be December as their year is also closing. Know what you want and refuse the dealer add-ons; they become free or very cheap if they appear to be a deal breaker. When told that they had a model that I liked, I told them to sell it to the other customer as I would wait for them to order another one like it at my price. I stuck to my OTD offer and they finally with "tears in the their eyes" agreed to accept my offer. Had similar results when buying my wife her CrV. Look ready to buy but determined to walk rather than be taken. I even played the "think that I'll see what the new Mercedes is like" card. Play hard...it's your money.
  • ys001ys001 Member Posts: 1
    Live in the Trenton area and visited my local dealership (Precision Acura Princeton) for a chance to earn my business. Initially interested in a new 2011 MDX w/ TECH & ENT ... I requested they match TRUECARS.COM quote ($45601 includes freight and advertising fee) which they did. Had a trade-in (2008 328xi) where I was offered the going value at first shoot but advised them to move higher and they did to the number desired ($500 difference) with no stress. There was one matter related to the reimbursement of the Extended Service Warranty which I needed to follow-up with BMW. Within this time, I visited the lot to preview the used MDXs and observed the color match the wife is interested in. Moved the conversation to the used 2007 MDX w/ TECH & ENT and ended on price (I offered $24500 and they wanted ~$27300). So I left the dealership but for the first time, very much disappointed on not having a contract completed. Just exemplary people who have a great respect and appreciation for their customers. You have to be there to see what I am talking about. The next day, I called to request another criteria to be included into the deal and they were to get back to me with it. In that time, I was contacted by another dealership and explained to them everything related to my deal/situation with Precision Acura Princeton. They advised me they would make my trip worth while meaning but I was reluctant and he kept emphasizing in the "worth while". So we decided to visit them (~40 minute ride) and it was an unfortunately mistake. They gave us the run-around and before we know it, several hours pasted and the difference between Precision Acura Princeton and them was marginal. I contacted Precision to discussed the numbers from the other dealership and I asked for nothing more than apples to apples (don't give me more and definately not less) but instead, Precision offered us an even better offer. This is why I walked out disappointed the day before and told my wife that I really want to purchase the vehicle from Precision Acura Princeton. They are different, very different from the difficulties that others try to put you through. We signed the contract yesterday and look forward to receiving our vehicle in the coming week.

I highly recommend doing your research, it strenghten your position and if you do decide to visit Precision, Sam and Tom are the contacts I would recommend. Best of luck and may it be an easy one!

Peace be upon you
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    Excellent work Pete!! I priced it, discounted the price by 12 %, add in the tax, and got my price when i purchased my 11 mdx. No need to play any games and that was what I told the salesman and manager.

Purchased an 11 mda, with all the add ons early this year, around April for $ 52000 out the door. And I made them take my trade in at top blue book. Probably not as good a deal I could have had later, but I really liked how you got your price. My wife loves the car and when I purchase another Acura, (this time for me) I will discount 18 % like did for my previous Acura 08, rl. (My 08 rl when I purchased it was discounted at 18 %.

(My friend was a manager at another top line dealer years ago told me they work with 18-22 % discount and since then it has worked for me too. His entity was bmw.)

I guess the point is that I too work hard for my $$ and I get 100k miles out of my vehicles and I get another one.

Good luck to all and keep safe.

jensad
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    That is a fair deal , good work
  • eric_stubbyeric_stubby Member Posts: 1
    Enfgyoj,

Congrats on a new MDX! May I ask which dealership or part of the country you purchased the MDX? If you prefer direct contact, feel free to email the information at ericx121@sbcglobal.net. I will purchase an MDX tech package at that price!

Thanks,

Eric
    Eric -

I purchased it from Goodson, Dallas TX. It was not easy for me to get to that price. Good Luck!!
  • zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    I live in queens / bayside area.
    looking to purchase MDX, any ideas or prices.
    I am checking dealers in the nyc area for 2012 models.
    silver, black interior with tech package.
    entertainment package sucks!
    the screen is not even a high output digital display.
    waste of money.
    where is the dealer?
    I am looking to buy a 2012 MDX with Tech package
    I think at this point 2011 is not worth to get.
    let me know of the dealer, looking to buy now
  • blackbox1blackbox1 Member Posts: 1
    Would you be able to share the name of the dealership? thanks.