Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mdxladymdxlady Member Posts: 5
    Sales tax in VA is 3.17.
  • Options
    willshakeswillshakes Member Posts: 9
    Just finalized a deal in TX
    2011 MDX with tech, financing for 60 months, $42338 + approx $3000 in taxes/title
    so for this is the best I have got.
    any thoughts if I should go ahead with it ?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    sandbox5sandbox5 Member Posts: 21
    Damn Shas..that sounds like a really good deal. I can't get the dealer here to budge off $42k for an 11Tech they have.
    Sounds like I may have to venture out of my "local" area.
  • Options
    Just closed my purchase of 2012 Base MDX, with all season protection package (retail: $386) and oil changes and tires rotation for 4 years or 50,000 miles:

$38,500 (using $1,000 "flex cash"), plus

$395. (junk fee)
    $1,264. (tax VA)
    $111.5 (tags)

So basically, I paid $39,000, plus taxes and tags.

Dealership is Radley Acura in Falls Church VA. They were very professional, honest and nice to work with. Negotiated mostly by email and on phone yesterday. When to dealership today to finalize deal and was pleasantly surprised to find no tricks, switch and bait, or extra fees thrown in last minute. I highly recommend the dealership and especially my salesman.
    Thanks for all your impute and advice! It really helped me get a decent deal.
  • Options
    Radley Acura in Bailey's Crossroads VA (Falls Church, VA).
  • Options
    ineedadealineedadeal Member Posts: 2
    List price of 43,815. They dropped 2k off that. I think they need to go lower. I got about what I wanted on trade in. This is the base model with no frills added. Can anyone advise if this is good or they need to go lower. It's new.

Thanks
    Steve
  • Options
    willshakeswillshakes Member Posts: 9
    Steve, for a 2011 base you should be looking at 38,500 - 39,000 plus taxes+ttl
    look around for different quotes. I've got a quote of 38,895 on the 2011 base.

-Will
  • Options
    blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Just to clarify your price is for a 2012 not a 2011?

My local dealerships in SE PA have quite a few 2011's on the lots. I can't imagine getting a 2012 for $38,500?
  • Options
    ineedadealineedadeal Member Posts: 2
    The price is for a 2011 in my case. Thanks Steve
  • Options
    kyzh72kyzh72 Member Posts: 1
    Just leased 2011 MDX Base model for $500/ month (incl NJ 7% tax) for 36 month with 10K per year. Paid $1415 at signing to cover all doc fees MV fees.
  • Options
    mdxmmdxm Member Posts: 1
    2012 or 2011?
  • Options
    dmorris29407dmorris29407 Member Posts: 1
    I'm willing to travel for the best deal. Any good dealers you know of please let me know. Would like to get in at about $34,500
  • Options
    jdavidsonjdavidson Member Posts: 25
    just purchased a 2012 mdx base $41k otd in westchester, ny. does not include tax and tags.
  • Options
    legendhfwanglegendhfwang Member Posts: 2
    May I know which State do you buy the car? Thanks!
  • Options
    legendhfwanglegendhfwang Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    2012 Acura MDX with Tech package, OTD 45336, with 4 years of free oil change. Is it a good deal? I am at a North VA dealer. Thanks!
  • Options
    acuramdxbuyeracuramdxbuyer Member Posts: 2
    Just bought (10/31) 2012 MDX with tech and ent package from Sussman Acura in Jenkintown.
    Went through trucar and price quoted was $45476 including all fees except tax and title. I also bought a 8 year 120K extended warranty for $2400. Total was about 52 K OTD. Contact was John - very nice guy.Emailed trucar on saturday 10/29 they emailed back on sunday 10/30. Got the names of 3 dealers close to me. Made contact on Monday morning (10/31) and brought car home the same evening. Was it a fair price ? I don't know for sure.
    Because it was 2012 I did not get the 1.9% financing. Got 3.47% from bank of america.
    Still have not traded in the 2005 sagebrush MDX with tech/ent. Some how it feels my 2005 MDX (touring) has more power while accelerating. The 2012 has no changes from 2011 according to the dealership.
  • Options
    syrxsyrx Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2011 Tech/Ent for 44,400 plus tax/title. Added chrome roof rails/ cross bars and sport running boards for 1800 (10% off list prices). Threw in floor mats, wheel locks and 4 yrs of oil changes for free. Radley Acura in Falls Church - negotiated over email/phone/ had a detailed invoice (including all fees and taxes) faxed over...spent total of ~ 1 hour in the dealership doing the paperwor/ test drive/ delivery. $399 processing fee + $375 out of state registration fee (which included ~$180 in actual fees) - latter is a rip-off...atleast they told me about it upfront....Could have gotten a better deal if I had tried harder, but my preferred color combo (Black/ parchment) is difficult to find. The dealership/ salesman was the best I have dealt with (very professional/ no surprises) - would highly recommend them.
  • Options
    chrismdxchrismdx Member Posts: 3
    Looks good. I paid ~46000$ OTD for 2012 MDX with Tech + ( Tint, Wheel locks and Body moudlings). Of course its all relative :-)
  • Options
    alldealsalldeals Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    Just bought 2012 Acura MDX base from Acura of Manhattan. OTD $43,842 which includes all weather mats, tri-fold cargo tray , advanced running boards, tax and title . Not a great deal but just took 15 mins to negotiate the price that I wanted. Plus 1.9% for 60 months.

Base Price 40,300
    NJ TAX (7%) 2,821
    NJ Surcharge 165
    DMV Fee 396
    Doc Fee 75
    Other Fee 85

Total (OTD) 43,842

Thanks
  • Options
    theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    WHICH dealership? What was the negotiated price? Care to post the lease details? Thanks.
  • Options
    zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    mdx 2011 basic model 43,850
    this price includes tax, title, registration, plates, remote starter and side steps.
    very smooth transaction at spring valley acura delaership in the queens ny area.
    hope this can help. I test drove an mdx with tech package and I saw no value on paying an additional 3K dollars for gps and better radio.
    Maybe is me but that is one overpriced gps system :shades:
  • Options
    ddv1ddv1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Alldeals, could I talk to you about your deal? Please contact me by email.

Thanks,
  • Options
    mdmsmdms Member Posts: 1
    Hi all
    Need your advice on the final price ( except taxes and tags) Willing to pay cash. Live in Northern Virginia but willing to go MD to get it!
    Appreciate your advice
  • Options
    rialiriali Member Posts: 7
    Cheapest quote on 2012 base has been 40K but they have some 2011's, Anyone getting good deal on 2011 Base ?? hoping to get 38.5K without any trade in.
  • Options
    Care to share where you got this quote from? Thanks.
  • Options
    snarkadusnarkadu Member Posts: 2
    $39,800 (inc. dest.) on base 2012. Lovin' it!!
  • Options
    From where? It does sound good.
  • Options
    snarkadusnarkadu Member Posts: 2
    Chantilly, VA
  • Options
    rialiriali Member Posts: 7
    alldeals,
    Did you have trade in?
    because those options alone cost $1000 and best quote I am getting with those options is 40.9k before tax and fees.
  • Options
    smitty1krrsmitty1krr Member Posts: 19
    There is and extra $500 "Flex Cash" and 0.9% for 60 right now for the holiday.
    Not sure when it expires. We bought 11-27.
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I just went to the Acura site to verify the $500 and 0.9/60. Acura makes no mention of either. Did your dealer advise you of these programs or did you find the info elsewhere?
  • Options
    roxanne9roxanne9 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a 2012 acura MDX tech package for $41965 ( in chicago ). This does not include the destination fee, taxes or title. Is this a good price ? I didnt get anything extra like free oil changes or anything ..Pls advice

thanks
    Roxanne
  • Options
    Does this include destination fee, taxes and title ? if yes then it is an AWESOME deal !
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Flex cash is variable, if and when used by dealer.

The 0.9% for 60 months started 11/23 through the 30th and is only on TSX sedans and TL's. The MDX does not have any other cash program, and financing is 0.9% for up to 36 or 1.9% for up to 60. Given the lack of new MDX inventory now, at the time of year with usually the highest demand, the deal is one factor but an actually available MDX is more so.
  • Options
    Alldeals, is the destination fee of $885 included in the price of $40,300 ? This seems to be an amazing price wth the accessories that you mentioned included. The running board itself costs $964 !!
  • Options
    theuser005theuser005 Member Posts: 15
    I am in MD area looking to purchase 2012 MDX Advance. Any suggestion on what the lowest price I should pay would be appreciated.

I would also consider 2012 MDX with Tech package, I think there is about $4k difference between tech and advance models.

Is Advance model worth $4k extra?

thanks
  • Options
    overthetop250overthetop250 Member Posts: 1
    Hey mdms,

I live in Northern Virginia as well and am in the market for MDX. We might be able to get a better deal if we try to buy 2 MDX's together. Let me know(overthetop250@gmail.com) if you're up for it.
  • Options
    curious_buyecurious_buye Member Posts: 7
    any main differences in the two? Is there any special deals you are getting for buying 2011? In Ma area the inventory looks pretty thin. I haven't started asking for quotes yet and will post when I get some. But in the meanwhile, please post your prices paid or the quotes for Greater Boston MA area.

Also, I wonder if the prices will be better
  • Options
    curious_buyecurious_buye Member Posts: 7
    * any main differences in the2011 or 2012?
    * Is there any special deals you are getting for buying 2011? In MA area the inventory looks pretty thin. I haven't started asking for quotes yet (and will post when I get some) But in the meanwhile, please post your prices paid or the quotes for Greater Boston MA area.

Also, I wonder if the prices will be better in Dec?
  • Options
    kwbagokwbago Member Posts: 2
    Care to share the information? I am in Chicagoland as well, plan to make a purchase soon.
  • Options
    No trade-in... costco base price is 40,300 and the dealer accepted the price and agreed to throw in all the accessories that I mentioned (of course after 15 mins negotiation) in the price... hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Yes, destination is included in the price (40,300 it's the base price that you would get from costco, cars.com or truecar.com). Take a printout and almost all the dealers will match the price. Accessories, you've to negotiate. All the best.
  • Options
    rsatlrsatl Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    I got the 2012 MDX Advance quote for $48,400 +tax in Atlanta area. But I am more interested in 2011 MDX Advance if it saves some $$. Just wondering, what is great year end price for 2011 MDX Advance? thanks.
  • Options
    theuser005theuser005 Member Posts: 15
    Dealers in MD / VA area are asking about $43k for 2012 MDX with Tech, are you able to send a copy of the price you paid.. may be then they'll match?

Thanks
  • Options
    thecornpopperthecornpopper Member Posts: 3
    Looking at a '12 Advance with some accessories. What is a fair price per hour for accessory install from the dealer? I figure they'll probably pad the hours .....
  • Options
    gborogboro Member Posts: 1
    I've got a quote for 45478 plus ttl. 2011 mdx tech with running boards and roof rack package. Thoughts
  • Options
    mccc1mccc1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2011 MDX tech/ent package in New Jersey. The best I've gotten so far is $45,351 purchase price, 0.0006 money factor, 53% residual and $500 cash back at closing for all in of $548 per month (incl tax) and $3,900 down at signing (incl first month, tax, fees, etc). Is this a good deal?

Separate, but related question: for leasing, what additional costs are added to the advertised pricing? For example, there is a national leasing deal thru Acura for a 2011 MDX w/tech for $549 per month and $3,499 due at signing. Exactly what else gets added to that price for an out the door cost? Is there tax on the $3,499? License plates? Doc fee? etc?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Options
    steve0199ussteve0199us Member Posts: 9
    Just for ref. I got my '11 MDX Tech in Apr, $44,500 included prot package 1, side molding and the roof rail+rack (with installation), before all the add on's, I got a quote over the phone for $42,500... taxes and the other fees all came out to around 48K and change... not sure how much has changed since.. Dealer is in Queens, NY
  • Options
    airahcazairahcaz Member Posts: 1
    Acura dealer offering me a clean red 2007 MDX (sorry, don't know specific shade of red/maroon), with Nav and rear camera, with 125K miles, for $16,500. Yes, lots of highway miles, from NJ, one owner, but I know these 07's with less miles go for lots more $, into the mid 20's easily.

It has a clean Carfax, and timing belt was done (not water-pump, not sure needed?)

Your thoughts on what to check in terms of maintenance that should have been done prior to 125k miles is very much appreciated, for justifying price, etc, may buy tomorrow.
  • Options
    rstirkerstirke Member Posts: 3
    Roxanne,

Can you please tell me which dealer you went to i am looking for same model but not getting good price. I am in chicago too..

thanks!!