Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• free888free888 Member Posts: 18
    zfar- were you able to get the GM to put anything in writing re the torque converter?
  • ginamberginamber Member Posts: 8
    The exact information I typed in is what was in the promotional email. if you list your email in your profile, which I think you are allowed to, I'll find email and forward to you since I think I can't post it per the rules of the forum. It is pretty much what I typed; don't think I left anything out... The email was actually an embedded "photo" or jpg file so I hand typed from that. Sorry it too a bit to reply... have not been able to check until today
  • mylt4mylt4 Member Posts: 23
    Hi - I am also looking for a MDX with Tech.
    You can email ay information you have to mstern13@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • maard68maard68 Member Posts: 2
    47,500 was after 1,000 Rebate and included destination. only extras would be tax(minus my trade in) roof rails(800) and DMV fees(200)
  • jay2013jay2013 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking to buy MDX with Tech pkg this month in DC metro area/Virginia. I was wondering if anyone else on this board are interested in teaming up and try to negotiate a better deal since we will be buying more then one MDX.

Thanks,

Jay
  • slimkslimk Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a MDX 2012 Technology Package with the following options:
    Sport Running Boards
    Roof Rails - Silver
    Body Side Molding
    Tri-Fold Cargo Tray

I have only visited one dealer sofar and below is the offer I am getting for 36months lease 10k miles per year:
    $658/month including taxes and fees for 35 months
    Residual Value: $26,340
    Total Price of the vehicle: $45,151

Any idea how far can I go. Thank you very much for your help.
  • slimkslimk Member Posts: 3
    I actually just got another dealer to lower the lease amount a bit. Exact same conditions as stated previously but 640 instead of 658. Would anyone know what is the best I can do before the end of this month? Thanks
  • rajendra2012rajendra2012 Member Posts: 5
    @ ginamber - can you forward the jpg file quote to rajendra_nvt@yahoo.com
  • nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    Hi Gina, I'm in FL as well and looking to get MDX w/Tech package. My sister is looking for TL. Maybe all three of us can go to one dealer and get a good deal. Send me an email to discuss.
  • rajendra2012rajendra2012 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Is there anyone in Long Island / NY planning to lease / buy 2012 Acura MDX w/Tech (and w/Entertainment) in the next few days / weeks ?

Drop me a email to rajendra_nvt@yahoo.com

Maybe we could all try to get the best deal.

Also, if there is a best lease quote (below 630 per month) someone around here received do let me know.
  • cartcarcartcar Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    Hello, I am interested in buying a mdx w/Tech as well - is the 41 k ( excluding tax, accessories, Tag ) price being mentioned in posts above real ?

cheers
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    It's quite real. If you can use the quest cash - this can be brought down even lower.
    Thanks for the confirmation. What is Quest Cash ?
  • cm1379cm1379 Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2012
    Rajendra - I'm in NJ and looking to buy MDX Tech. Best quote I've seen so far is 42100 for Tech (no freebies/addons).

Based on experience of all folks in NJ area, can I get a better deal, and if yes, from which dealer (woudl appreciate if you can share OTD prices).

Also for lease, best quote I've so far is 540/month for 10K and 36 months.

CM
    edited April 2012
    I would agree with you. Not seeing the kind of rates some posters have mentioned for MDX Tech. The best I've so far is 42,100 for Tech in NJ.
    Hi All - Need your expert comments to help us with our first MDX 2012 Tech buying. I have talked to 3 dealers in NJ and the best offer so far for Tech is 42,100.

Can you share your experiences (with OTD prices and dealer details). Thanks much.

CM
    Can you get both the quest cash and the loyalty rewards? From what I was reading, you can only get one of them. Can someone here confirm.

cartcar-- where ared you located?
    I am in South Central Florida....
  • g35ingg35ing Member Posts: 9
    Quest (conquest) cash is when you are switching from another luxury brand (Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, etc...) to Acura. The dealer will take $1K off your price. The price/post mentioned by sleepybubba is definitely true. I just purchased a 2012 MDX Tech package for $41K OTD (includes tax and everything) and got 0% APR for 5 years.
  • ginamberginamber Member Posts: 8
    You email is private. mine is ginamber@yahoo.com. Not sure how to get to you via email unless you tell me yours I guess. Or your sisters. I almost go a TL last year! Great car!
  • spicydocspicydoc Member Posts: 14
    can you forward me the promotional email? Do you have a promotional email for the Advance package?
    Not too much information here on the Advance package. Thank you for your input.

I am also concerned about the transmission problems of Acura MDX in models a decade or half a decade ago. Anybody know for sure if they fixed the transmission defect in the new model?
    cartcar, I live in Tampa. Send me an email at nmsg18@yahoo.com. Maybe we can work with ginamber as well and get 4 cars from a dealer.
    Can you give some detail as to where you that great price? You can email me. My email is on a previous post. thanks.
  • ambrerambrer Member Posts: 1
    I got a OTD quote for MDX 2012 with Technology and Entertainment of 46,450.

Includes Base w/destination of about 42700 + NJ tax (3000) + title (350) + doc fee (300) + luxury (175)

Is this is a good quote? Will appreciate any feedback.
    Got initial offers (no real bargaining yet) of 48299 for the advance package? What is a realistic target price I should bargain for? Not much info on tech package here.

thanks.

What is FLex Cash?

Should I be concerned about the Torque Converter and transmission problems that so many MDX owners have been going through?
  • cml4cml4 Member Posts: 8
    I got a price of 47,300 for an advance, but that was with a $1000 incentive for financing through Acura (.9 rate).
  • viola128viola128 Member Posts: 5
    wow. how did you get this price? i paid much higher for that, got it two weeks ago. I did get the bonus from Acura being bmw owner. also got a 0.9 percent loan. I am in CA, which state r u from ? heard that CA price is a bit higher.
    I got 3 quotes, picked the highest, went in, knock down another few hundreds. I also compared what my friend paid last year and mine was better. Maybe I should have bargain a bit more.
    Acura just released new incentives today (April 26) on the MDX and since I had not signed the papers yet, was able to get an additional $750 off, so my Advance was $46,995 + TTL.
    seems like a good price. Can you share name of the dealer? Also how are others matching up to this offer?
    Mac Churchill in Arlington TX. Was able to get another local dealer to match as well--with the new incentive.
    Folks - 44500 OTD good deal for a new 2012 MDX Tech? Getting this price (inclusive of taxes, everything) in NJ. We dont qualify for Acura Owner/Competition quest incentive.

Can I negotiate anything better? Appreciate your response.
    cml4 - The post mentioned this as a NJ deal. Did you also get similar one in TX?

ambrer - Can you share the NJ dealer who gave you Tech+Ent for 46450 OTD. Thanks
    I got really lucky. I'm in the DC/MD/VA area. The price in CA is definitely going to be higher due to the tax. How are you enjoying your MDX?
    I'm in the DC/MD/VA area. Most of the dealers will compete against each other here. Good luck!
    Thanks for the information. I got a great price on the plate right now. I will post once I finalize and pick up the car.
  • joemdxjoemdx Member Posts: 3
    I just negotiated an MDX Advance with Roof Rails thrown in for $45,500 + TTL in Northern Cali. I will be picking it up tomorrow. This price includes the destination charge.
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    My son is negotiating for a CPO 2009 MDX. Does anyone know what the American Honda Finance rate is for this car for 48 or 60 months. I know that Mercedes is offering 1.9%/48months on the M series and I'm wondering if Acura is competing. The Acura dealer is offering 4.9% and that sounds high.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    There is no set special rate financing from Acura Financial on Certified MDX models. The only current special rate offered on used vehicles is for Certified TL's at 1.9-2.9%.

On Certified it is specific to the consumer, their credit history, the vehicle and year, amount financed, etc. 4.9 sounds good on a used 2009, unless you have been legitimately approved elsewhere for the same amount and vehicle at a lower rate. In that case, give the dealer the info and have their banks match or beat your rate.
  • free888free888 Member Posts: 18
    It looks like the target prices for MDX's should be approximately $4000 below invoice, assuming you can get the conquest or loyalty incentive. Was able to get a tech for less than $40k before TTL.
    Great price! What incentives were used, if any, to get this price?
  • mylt4mylt4 Member Posts: 23
    OK - Just finalized this deal....
    MDX Tech, Roof rails, cross bar, body side molding and trunk mat for $40,250 _TTL.
    I think it is a good deal....
    \ :)
    Nice! Where did you buy this one? I got Tech with all season mats, wheel locks and cargo tray for 40970+TTL in NJ....
  • bayman48bayman48 Member Posts: 27
    yeah, where did you get this deal...seems like a good price...although, after i made my purchase, another dealer came in with a late offer of 39k (after conquest and flex cash) for an mdx tech with all weather floor mats.
  • isidroisidro Member Posts: 2
    Visit a dealer and Got a 2011 Cetified MDX with 6k miles for $36,400 plus TTL. Was able to get new floor mat, wheel lock, cargo net. Hope I didn't get a bad deal.
  • cpolisecpolise Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I think there is still room to negotiate. Just got mine for: 43742 OTD including taxes and fees - 2012 MDX TECH.
  • joemdxjoemdx Member Posts: 3
    We had the $1000 competitor promotion because we own a BMW. We just bought the car today without the rails for $45, 000.00 + TTL for the Advance package. For some reason the dealer didn't want to throw in the rails, but agreed to take another $500 off the original quoted price. Go figure.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Posts with e-mail addresses included will be deleted... These restrictions are posted on every page... thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You can get a new for about 1-2K more. Not sure which MDX did you get for that price. I started out looking for a CPO or used MDX with Tech but found out that new ones cost about the same or a little more.