Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sami5sami5 Member Posts: 9
    I believe your are paying little over $1500 what others are paid in this forum for the Tech pkg (MDX with tech+running board +roof rack w/o cross bar paid $39000) from VA state.

FYI,

Regarding Accessories, I gathered from the Acura website. All are MSRP prices.

All-Season Protection Package I - $386 (Which also includes Wheel locks)

Advance Running Boards - $654

I have no idea how to get the invoice price on these accessories.
  • pastready2buypastready2buy Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2012
    Consumer Reports is likely reporting an average, with actual prices both higher and lower. If not, they're dead wrong.

Out of the 10 dealerships from which I solicited quotes (nationwide), my average price (including destination and dealer fees, but not TT&L) was about $42k for a 2012 MDX with Tech Package. Seven dealers offered quotes below the average, three offered quotes above.

These prices did not include the Acura loyalty/conquest offer. If you qualify for those, subtract $1000 off of any price.

A GREAT price for a 2012 MDX Tech is around $40k (including destination and dealer fees) - around $39k if you qualify for loyalty/conquest. You may have to travel and negotiate for a great deal.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. While encountered a few dealers who were legit and genuinely wanted to make a deal, I encountered just as many who were completely full of xxxx and a couple who were downright shady - something a bit surprising for a "premium" brand.
  • lilhenlilhen Member Posts: 2
    Hi, we signed a deal yesterday to lease a 2012 MDX and are located in Central NJ. After reading your posts here, it seems like what might have been a fantastic deal, might not be so great after all. We signed a 36 month lease and our payment is $460 per month. It is for 12k miles per year on a base model. Sticker was about $43k and we qualified for a rebate because we are current Lexus owners. This is a no money down lease, but are paying first month payment of $460, bank fee of $595, NJ Supplemental Titling fee of $180, Registration and Title fee of $310, Doc Fee is $296, online processing for $6.75 and $7.50 for some tire fee. This totals $1,855.25. I keep thinking about our experience and what seemed so pleasant and natural, might have been a "typical sales technique" to make us feel comfortable and to get us to sign. Does this sound like a good deal?
  • specifionespecifione Member Posts: 7
    Hello

I got below quote for accessories when i requested quote for advance+entertainment package..not sure if they quoted me low because i was looking for advance+enter or its regular price. these are from Tampa,FL area dealer..Iam planning to buy advance package during last week of August..if some one can provide me what would be the best price for MDX advance in Tampa area it would be nice..

Tri Fold Cargo Tray($149.70) (152.70 from another dealer)
    All season Mats($116.80) (172.80 from another dealer)
    rear bumper applique($95.35) (104.35 from another dealer)
  • cozzie23cozzie23 Member Posts: 6
    Im not sure on the price of the car since I got the advance but I found a website you shoulda check your prices out before you buy your accessories. Unless they give you your accessories for free.

http://estore.honda.com/acura/customer-home.asp
  • president2024president2024 Member Posts: 2
    I eventually got my MDX w/ Tech from Park Acura in Akron, OH for $44,100 OTD. They were very nice to deal with. I do like Airport Acura. They have a nice location and wonderful staff, but they could only do $45,100 (or at least they said). I know I could have gotten a better deal at Pokanka, but I'm just going to pretend that I didn't lol.

In regards to accessories, I deal with auto parts and part managers at dealerships and was able to snag the necessary genuine accessories at 10% over dealer cost. You can find some great deals on eBay or Curry Aucra Parts or H and A Accessories.
    Hi babu,

Did you bought Advanced or about to buy? If you already bought it, Would you mind sharing with us how much you paid with accessories and OTD price? I am in chicago,IL area and looking for the MDX 2012 Advance pkg.

I am also considering these accessories:
    CROSS BARS - SILVER
    ADVANCE RUNNING BOARDS
    ALL-SEASON FLOOR MATS
    WHEEL LOCKS
    BACK-UP SENSORS
    TRI-FOLD CARGO TRAY
    ROOF RIALS - SILVER

I really appreciate your response.
  • lilhenlilhen Member Posts: 2
    Hi, we signed a deal yesterday to lease a 2012 MDX and are located in Central NJ. After reading your posts here, it seems like what might have been a fantastic deal, might not be so great after all. We signed a 36 month lease and our payment is $460 per month. It is for 12k miles per year on a base model. Sticker was about $43k and we qualified for a rebate because we are current Lexus owners. This is a no money down lease, but are paying first month payment of $460, bank fee of $595, NJ Supplemental Titling fee of $180, Registration and Title fee of $310, Doc Fee is $296, online processing for $6.75 and $7.50 for some tire fee. This totals $1,855.25. I keep thinking about our experience and what seemed so pleasant and natural, might have been a "typical sales technique" to make us feel comfortable and to get us to sign. Does this sound like a good deal?
  • ajs9ajs9 Member Posts: 9
    Would you mind telling me how you got internet offers? I'm trying to get a lease rate that some of the other people here have gotten - base MDX w/$460ish monthly payment. The one dealer I went to locally was nowhere near that price. Thanks!
  • ravneet57ravneet57 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Guys, In the market for a MDX, Have a good dealer offering MDX advance + Entertainment with few accessories like:
    CROSS BARS - SILVER, Rails, silver
    ADVANCE RUNNING BOARDS
    ALL-SEASON FLOOR MATS

Mileage 29350 for $38450+tax.

Really love the extra safety features of the advance, and according to my research this is around 8K to 10K lower than what ppl have been able to get 2012 Advance/entertainment for.
    Do u guys think its a good price or should I go for 2012 Tech hunting spree and try to get something around 40K.
    Any input appreciated guys! :confuse: :confuse:
  • algaralgar Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am getting price quotes of $45,700 plus tax and license out here in southern California. Is this a good price?
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2012
    Has anyone from Boston area (MA/NH/RI) got their MDX with Tech lately? If so - did anyone get less than 40K price? I've got a quote around 41K for MDX w/Tech, but after reading this thread I see that his offer is marginal at best.

The dealer is convinced his price is awesome :mad: and he can't do any better. Though he said if he sees anything in writing (a copy of invoice, for example), he can run this by his management.

Forgot to add: I don't own any luxury brand now (no conquest for me) and neither I own Acura, so no loyalty cash as well.
  • talltofutalltofu Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for an MDX advanced package. Was quoted a 48K for it by Sterling McCall Acura in Houston. Would love to hear experience of others as well as other dealers worth pursuing. Is Carsdirect.com a good option? Any other website?

Also, the wife is insisting on the entertainment package. I think 2K for a fancy DVD system is a bit too much. Any thoughts?
    I got a quote from one of the dealer in TX for MDX advanced including Destination charges and Wheel locks for $45900 + TTL. I think i believe this is awesome price. Please share your thoughts on this deal.I am going to go with few more accessories.. (Roof Racks + Cross bars silver, Tri Fold Cargo Tray + Back-up sensors + All season mats + advance running boards).

I have this offer until 7/26. I appreciate your response.
  • talltofutalltofu Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a great offer. Which dealer is this?
  • milanrajmilanraj Member Posts: 1
    Yes, please share the dealer info. Thanks!
    No one in Boston are got their MDX w/Tech lately? Anyone?
  • bostongolferbostongolfer Member Posts: 5
    I live in Natick, MA and I am about to start my search for an Acura MDX 2012 Tech + Entertainment. I do own an Audi. I plan on visiting the Acura dealer in Boston first. I wonder how much more it would be for entertainment on that 41K you got...
  • jjjjjjeeejjjjjjeee Member Posts: 2
    is the 41k for OTD or before TTL?

I got an offer $41500 OTD with tech including $1000 loyalty in CA.
    I have contacted several dealers, but no one beat that yet. any one got better deal?
  • c80c80 Member Posts: 10
    @jjjjjjeee: That sounds like a great deal. Which dealership? Do you have a breakdown of the amount?
    @jjjjjjeee:

If you're at $41,500 including destination, fees and 8.5% CA Tax - you have about the best deal I'd seen on this board. That's close to $38k after destination and dealer fees and you beat c80's deal by $1000.

As it stands, I'm fairly certain I can get a 2012 MDX Tech for around $38.8k before TT&L, but I'd be very much interested in your dealership as it seems they're willing to clear these vehicles out before the 2013s arrive and the new 2014 is revealed...
    Nah, $40,897 for the car alone. The dealer "generously" by added the lifetime inspection stickers and first oil change to it. :mad:
  • kewl_carkewl_car Member Posts: 17
    You can buy accessories much cheaper then the price you have been quoted.
    I bought the accessories from Rosenthal Acura in MD . They usually run employee pricing promotion.
    I paid $105 for Tri Fold Tray, $65 for Wheel lock, $115 for All Season Mats,

You can also buy the stuff from Ebay and other Websites for much cheaper price
    It was from Vanderriff Acura Arlington, TX.
    Did any one have RES installed aftermarket? or Where to buy? Any thoughts?
  • specifionespecifione Member Posts: 7
    Hello sami5

is it possible for you email the price quote you received for Advance..iam also in market for advance iam from Tampa Florida..trying to see if i can use it to negotiate the price..
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    Can you share dealer details and may be forward your email. I can try to have my local dealer match it perhaps.
    @pastready2buy: Definitely. I bought mine at the end of Q2. As you get closer to the release of the 2013s, you should be able to get a much better price. jjjjjjeee's price is excellent. Hopefully you can get something similar!
    Can you share more details on how I can get a MDX Tech for $38.8k? I can so far only see quote as low as $40900. Will love some pointers to drive it lower. I do not own an Acura, Audi or infinity
  • san1010san1010 Member Posts: 3
    @jjjjjjeee
    The last quote i got MDX Tech for $41,190 without LOYALTY DISCOUNT and with LOYALTY DISCOUNT $40,190 in Philadelphia area. Please share some details.
  • bird18iebird18ie Member Posts: 1
    can you share with me the details of your $41k offer for a MDX tech package? I was just offered $43,250 as the best offer they could do before the Loyalty discount. That is with no options added. I do know that the MDX has at least $2500 in dealer incentives and holdbacks
  • chen1chen1 Member Posts: 1
    i was offered $42,030 plus ttl at Jones acura in lancaster ,PA
    how about tax?? Is tax included?
  • honda_familyhonda_family Member Posts: 2
    If you did get this deal. I sure wanna know which dealership in CA. Is it a demo or a manager's car? Are you sure this is out the door before tax and license. I bought a 2012 with Tech and Rear Entertainment for 41,500 before tax and license. I saw one that had been used with the same package. It only had 51 miles but it was taken off the lot and traded back for a RDX. I could've brought the price down to what you have it now but, a used car with only 51 miles on it is still a used car.
  • honda_familyhonda_family Member Posts: 2
    Also, to add to my post. I would've considered the deal but, the car had car wash bristle marks at a certain angle. I also popped the hood while the dealer was not looking . It had white film underneath the hood like something exploded under the hood. The white film I concluded was dried coolant. I was not sure if this car was in an accident or repossesd or what. The dealer said that the original buyer took out for only a day but, you don't wash a new car in a day. It is already clean. I suspected foul play due, to it being sold as a new car with 51 miles on it only. I told the dealer and showed him the white film and some droplets on the engine cover. He then told the manager,"...there is still some left in the engine compartment...." I like a good deal like everyone else but, one being sold as a new car when it actually is a used one is not one to be taken lightly. Buyer beware!
  • vulchesvulches Member Posts: 17
    Just picked up an MDX with Tech from David McDavid for $39,500 + TTL ($380 in doc fees + TX tax), and that price did include $1000 of loyalty cash. They included wheel locks, body side molding and the tri-fold cargo tray, so the final break from MSRP was over $8500. Goodson said they would match the price but I didn't get far enough with them to see if there were any hidden costs (preinstalled accessories, etc.). Mac Churchill was way off and I didn't even bother with Vandergriff. Good luck everyone!
    @honda_family. Tech and Rear Entertainment for 41,500 before tax and license. This is great price. What is dealer name...
  • mycar28mycar28 Member Posts: 1
    Hi @honda_famil,

Do you mind sending the quote that you have received for 2012 MDX Tech with Ent. Pkg?
  • wangjtwangjt Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys. Thanks for all the good info. I've been watching the past pages of this thread and it helped me tremendously in landing a great deal. I know it isn't the best deal as some of you got lower, but I believe I was given a very competitive price.

My dealer offered this to me:

MDX Tech: 39500
    MDX Base: 36000

both of these DO NOT include the $1000 reward for financing. What's cool about the dealer is, I told him that some of my friends were also interested and he has guaranteed me that anyone I refer would be able to get that price until the end of the month. He's not sure what he can do in August but for now, he is able to offer that price until 7/31.

So if anyone is interested in those prices, let me know. I will provide his contact.
    edited July 2012
    Please share details. I have exact same deal that I struck yesterday. Going to finish paper tomorrow but every dealer I talked to refuses to believe its true. Just in case my deal falls through I want to be able to do that with your dealer. He had however told me not to say this anywhere. Interesting how various dealers are saying various things. Please email me csriram45 at yahoo dot com

Btw is there a $1000 reward for financing? I thought it was for for being a previous Acura owner or owning BMW infinity or Audi.
    Great deal! Which dealership are you working with? I've started to receive some e-mails about 2013 models coming in daily, so you should be able to get some deals on the remaining 2012 models.
    Sorry I generalized it. You HAVE to finance AND have a 2002+ Acura or competing brand to get the $1000 reward. You can find more info on Acura.com.
    Sorry, I promised him I wouldn't post details on public forums and he even specifically said not to. But if you want, tell me your email and I'll send it to you privately.

BTW, the person that got 41,500 OTD, did that also include the $750 military incentive or just the 1000 Loyalty/Conquest reward? Because if doesn't include the $750, then that is one amazing price.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I used a JVC DVD system and it worked great, but it's not integrated with the vehicle's sound system. It came with two wireless headsets and I bought two more off EBay...much cheaper than Acura system.

That said, my kids prefer to load up their IPads before we leave the house because they can take them from the car to the plane, train, etc. They can each choose to watch different shows, read books, or play games.
    edited July 2012
    I confirmed that both our deals are from same dealer. Heading there in an hour. Will report once I am back. Wife and I were wondering if with 2013 coming in and labor day in a month should we be seeing even more deals? May be +/- $500 but decided wasn't worth the wait.
  • rpram1rpram1 Member Posts: 18
    OK so I need the Bottom Line so I do not have to read 1000 posts:
    This week I will shop for a 2012 MDX with Tech and Entertainment.
    Questions:
    1. What is the price (before TTL) I can expect given the experts on this forum?
    2. Also, I own another Acura, do I get the Loyalty $1000 incentive?
    3. I also own a competing BMW SUV, do I get the Competitive $1000 incentive? (do I have to trade it in to get it?)
    4. Can I get both?

5. If my dealer only has a 2012 MDX Advance/Ent. how much more should I pay over the Tech/Ent?

Thanks - this decision is happening quick :confuse:
    edited July 2012
    I just came back driving back a 2012 MDX Tech. The price was exactly as I was quoted with no hidden fees. Experience was great. It does take a bit of time so plan to be there for that long. It will help if you have your color chosen then they will keep it ready. Additional options that I considered and not sure are
    1) Tire and Wheel protection
    2) Paint and Interior protection
    3) Service contract.

Can anyone tell me if these are worth it and if so, can these be purchased outside the dealer? Inputs appreciated. Also need to shop or accessories like roof rack etc.

Oh and forgot to add that another bay area dealer called and offered to match the deal finally.
    You're right. Turned out to be a demo. This was in DC area, not CA.

The lowest I have in writing is $39,500 (including destination, dealer fee and conquest, excluding my TT&L) for a NEW 2012 Acura MDX w/ tech but, frankly, I find myself questioning the Acura brand given some of these unethical dealers - doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.
  • bpkumar81bpkumar81 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please reply as I have my appointment at 1 PM this afternoon. Thx
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator