Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    xman7xman7 Member Posts: 10
    It sounds good one. Could please tell me which dealer you got this quote? Does it include that $1000 cash back? Thank you?
  • Options
    vazmanvazman Member Posts: 3
    Hi Vineet,

Can you tell me from which dealer in NJ did you get the quote for 40K for MDX Tech? The lowest I have gotten in $40,695 with destination and without $1000 loyalty.

Thanks!
  • Options
    vazmanvazman Member Posts: 3
    Is that 39K-40K without the loyalty discount? I got an offer for $40,695 - $1000 = $39,695 (including destination). Trying to see if I can do better.

Thanks!
  • Options
    donjadonja Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any advice for what a fair price for a 2012 base MDX is in Baltimore? I also have a 2007 BMW530xi with 31500 miles that I need to either trade or sell outright. Internet quotes I've received are around $40K not including fees, taxes, etc, which seems really high from what I've read here...
  • Options
    hondapilot08hondapilot08 Member Posts: 14
    Traded my honda pilot for a 2012 Acura MDX Tech+Entertainment for $41,800 + Tax, title and doc fees, paid $1400 more for the entertainment package which got me DVD screen and heated rear seats, totally worth the upgrade. that I'd recommend.

Got a decent price for my trade too.

First impression - MDX sure does feel like a smaller SUV than the pilot, but definitely more powerful, and more luxurious interior.
  • Options
    dhammerdhammer Member Posts: 13
    I posted on the Leasing board as well, but wanted to ask here.

Looking at leasing a 2012 MDX w/tech and ent packages. What is a reasonable price to get the car down to?
  • Options
    dhammerdhammer Member Posts: 13
    What is invoice for MDX w TECH/ENT packages?
  • Options
    csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    I just had another SF Bay Area dealer offering great pricing under $40k. Looks like the pricing war for August is finally starting to happen.
  • Options
    coomeancoomean Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the information I learned from this forum. I just bought a 2012 MDX with Tech Package yesterday in Bay area.
    sale price $39,500 (no incentives included)
    OTD $43,448

hope this can help.
  • Options
    cool. great price. same as what I got. Hopefully my info earlier was helpful. From what I can see, the price trend started after I did the hard bargain and I am glad that many were able get the same deal... :-)
  • Options
    twiceborntwiceborn Member Posts: 3
    I just got a 2012 mdx with tech for $40,800. It ended up $39,800 with the $1,000 loyalty rebate. I might have been able to argue for it lower but the other dealers were playing hard ball. I was hoping for $39,000 but took the $39,800. I would have gone $40,000 but not more then that. If nobody was willing to deal, I would have leased the ford edge instead for 3 years. Those suckers are cheap.

Im happy with the deal and got a 6 year, 100,000 warranty. The car should be able to be gotten between $39-40k. Dont pay more then that. Especially with the new model coming out soon. Negotiate with the internet sales guy. Dont negotiate with the car dealer salesman. They are asses. I told one i saw people getting the car for $39,000. He said dealers would lose money and if someone was offering it, to go for it. He emailed me a few days later asking if I wanted to come in. I emailed back and said i bought it for under $40,000. No response. That punk.
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Nice deal, but punk is the wrong word for a salesperson, unless they deserve it.

It's all a matter of how much a dealer will lose to earn your business in the internet age, and just because a customer says "On Edmunds I know people somewhere out there at some dealer paid $xxxxx for this", does not mean that's how it has to work. The good and bad of internet age, and customers vs. dealers.

Killer MDX deals are to be had. In the end, if you like your dealer and the deal is strong, but the car. A few dollars does not make a difference, the vehicle, dealer, and experience do. Keep buying and taking advantage of the deals on this truck!
  • Options
    ajs9ajs9 Member Posts: 9
    I am happy to report that after months of researching and negotiating, I bought the MDX base model for $38,100 + TTL. I know there may have been better deals out there, but I needed to buy close to home (OH) as I had a tricky lease situation that I was trying to get out of. Quite frankly, I think the price was pretty good. I appreciate all the help I got on this forum!
  • Options
    cathy36cathy36 Member Posts: 2
    I got a price through phone for MDX tech&enter 2012 for 40k, is that good price?
  • Options
    cathy36cathy36 Member Posts: 2
  • Options
    hondapilot08hondapilot08 Member Posts: 14
    Where is this? What dealer? That's a killer deal, if ture. Go grab it as fast as you can.
    I bought the same car a couple of weeks ago for $42800. Just beware of any catches.
  • Options
    gogoboygogoboy Member Posts: 1
    Interesting... I got the same deal here in the bay area for $39,500, OTD at $43,283. Wonder why there is a difference in the OTD price? IMO, the going rate for 2012 MDX w/Tech package shud be around $38500-$39K based on the feedback I got dealing with the sales manager. Anybody knows what the costco program rate is?
  • Options
    coomeancoomean Member Posts: 2
    my tax rate is 8.75%
  • Options
    xman7xman7 Member Posts: 10
    I just got a 2012 mdx with adv for OTD $48400 in CA. Dealer also has throw-ins on it.
  • Options
    horsecamphorsecamp Member Posts: 1
    What was your List prices, before and after dealer add-ons? I am looking at MDX w/ Tech. $47600 list + $785 dealer add-ons = 48,385. So far, have a quote of 40,999 (after $1000 loyalty). they threw in 9 x $40 service vouchers too.
    What did you pay for the 6yr/100k warranty?

St Louis Mo
  • Options
    rampramp Member Posts: 11
    could you please share the contact details of the dealer..I am in Phoenix and planning to buy Tech pkg.. thx.
  • Options
    tzaz1tzaz1 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone find a MDX Tech in the Phoenix area in the $40k range before loyalty? Thanks.
  • Options
    mtnacuramtnacura Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have out the door pricing info on an MDX w/tech in the Denver area? Thanks much.
  • Options
    phsieh2005phsieh2005 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

Can anyone post sales price for 2012 Mdx with Tech package in northern NJ and which dealer? I was quoted $41700. This seems high. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi,

Have you made the purchase yet? Did you get a better price than $40K? Which dealer in NJ?

I am also looking for 2012 MDX with Tech in NJ.

Thanks!
  • Options
    fufulinfufulin Member Posts: 1
    About to pick up a 2012 MDX Tech package for $42720 drive out with all fees/taxes/incentive included. Is that a pretty good deal? I'm in Texas by the way.
  • Options
    I had no dealer add on. My list was $47,600.

I paid $1,750 for the warranty. They wanted to charge me $2,750 for the warranty. I didn't want the warranty at all. My wife wanted it though. I bought a extended warranty for my TL before it expired and only used about $650 of it and it cost me $1,000. I lost $350 on that deal.

If I had financed at my credit union bank, they would have sold me a comprehensive (with electronic coverage) extended warranty for $750. Oh well. I personally think the warranty should be $1,000-1,5000, if that's what you want.

You can probably get the price lower then $40,000 if you ask 3-4 dealers in your area.
  • Options
    vineetbhardwajvineetbhardwaj Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Please reach out to Gregg at Acura of Denville, NJ.
    I asked him to install 4 accessories worth 1200 bucks and after calculating all the fees, it was coming to 44,600 and I was able to bring him to 44k.
    Although we changed our mind to get a used car later on to save some money but no one was able to beat this price. The base price he was offering without any tax and fees and accessories is 40k including destination and 4 free oil change and 2 free tire rotations.

Thanks
  • Options
    watjwatj Member Posts: 2
    Up here in WA / Seattle area I'm being quoted $43K Tech and $49.5 Advance, no dest, fees or taxes. No trade in, cash payment.

This seems really high - has anyone else purchased in this area recently?

I might consider purchasing and shipping up from CA socal (~$800) if I can get a $3K discount there...
  • Options
    watjwatj Member Posts: 2
    Great deal. Do you mind sharing the dealer or area?

I'm being quoted $43K (Tech, without dest, fees, taxes) up in Seattle, they don't want to bargain around here. Last year I pushed for $43 and none of them called me back - best offer I got was $45.

I can ship one up from CA for $800...
  • Options
    I got mine in Glendale. I know Mission Viejo is giving out good deals as well.

You can also try Alhambra and Valencia. There maybe a few other dealers around that that area as well.

You may want to check if buying out of state will cause you to pay additional fees (taxes, dmv, etc.). Someone once said buying out of state then registering it n California is going to cost a hefty fee. Not sure though.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks! I got a quote for $40,296 through Costo Auto program. I also have a car to trade in. Whether the deal can go through depends on what I can get from my trade in.
  • Options
    Did you get it from denville? He was giving me 40k price without any Costco program.
  • Options
    kcg12kcg12 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Vineet, can u pls tell me which dealership in nj gave you that quote? What fees does that include? I am also looking for a tech mdx and willing to go upto 300 miles? I am looking to purchase in the next two days so greatly appreciate a prompt response. Thx
  • Options
    Hi- anyone know what documents are required to avail the loyalty discount? I don't own one but my roommate does so I do have an Acura registered in the same address just not in my name. Does anyone know if they're really strict about it? Thanks
  • Options
    It was acura of denville, nj
    Ask for Gregg and he will take care of you.. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you Vineet!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just need a copy of the registration with the same address that's it. Name does not matter. Same household is what they care as far as I know.

Even know I have bought my MDX I am still gettn emails from dealer and I can now get $38,500 - $39500 including destination without a problem from multiple dealers so even if it's a bit if a drive for out of state, it might be worth saving the $2-$3K. can't post contact details of dealerships due to low price so that is always a challenge for me to get that info to others looking to get the deal.
  • Options
    Hi,

The dealers that emailed you with the $38,500 - $39,500 ranges, are they located in the tri-state area (NJ/NY/CT/PA)? If you cannot post their names here, could you please send me the info through email? Is this for AWD with Tech package?

Thanks!
  • Options
    talltofutalltofu Member Posts: 4
    If you don't mind, can you share with me the dealer name? I am in Tex too (Houston) and am willing to buy the MDX today if the price is the one you paid.
  • Options
    No. I am in SF Bay Area.
  • Options
    kdv1kdv1 Member Posts: 1
    If you don't mind, can you share the dealer name in the Bay Area? Thanks.
  • Options
    As I mentioned I can't post details publically as the dealer didn't want to post the info open like that.
  • Options
    yliuyliu Member Posts: 6
    I got it from website. I think there is another $1500 manufacture rebate too

Member Price would be:
    $41,260

Estimated Savings Guarantee of $8,240 (16.64%) off $49,500 MSRP

Includes $2,000 in incentives See incentives »

For ANY in-stock AWD 4dr Tech/Entertainment Pkg
    Minimum Savings Guarantee is:
    $8,240

(16.65%) off $49,500 MSRP

Valid on ANY in-stock 2012 Acura MDX - AWD 4dr Tech/Entertainment Pkg
  • Options
    hot_javahot_java Member Posts: 6
    I got a offer for a base model 2012 MDX for OTD $37,900 including tax & all kind of fees. This does not include any kind of rebate/incentives as well. Please let me know if it is a good price or not?

Thanks in advance for your suggestion...
  • Options
    jrod13jrod13 Member Posts: 38
    what was your price without taxes etc. looks good....which dealership?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    It is including tax and everything? Radley Acura, falls church.
  • Options
    hyung93hyung93 Member Posts: 1
    hi, i am in houston too and decide to buy MDX today if the price is right. if you don't mind, can you share with me your price and dealer's name? i really appreciate.
  • Options
    Radley Acura, falls church. VA, OTD price: $37,900
  • Options
    bostongolferbostongolfer Member Posts: 5
    What web site?, I am trying to buy a 2012 tech + ent and no one goes below 41K in the Boston area. I may have to travel a little. What is a member price, is that Costco's member price?