Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• craftykidcraftykid Member Posts: 2
    Hey Capt, I was one of those who bought a 2012 mdx tech for 40.5k (43.5k otd, with a bunch of accessories thrown in) in ny area back in Oct 2012 and got my color choice (blk/blk) as well. Also got 0.9% as well. This site really helped me when I bought, so im going to help you. Probably 1 of two reasons your aren't getting the price anywhere near that. Either the dealer cash rebate direct from acura has dropped off (was 3k when i bought) or the dealers are simply not willing to pass that discount on to you because its still early in 2013 and they have time to unload. My advice to you is to find a bunch of dealers in our area that have the color combo/model you want, keep an eye on their inventory, once early summer (june) comes and the 2014's are filling up the lot, call them (don't go there, waste of time) and offer 40k to all of them over the phone. I can all but guarantee you will get filled. Dont drink the kool aid capt morgan...
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    "PREMIUM" = BASE MODEL
  • roys1981roys1981 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    I talked with a guy at Radley and confirmed the 35995 for Base MDX. However I am not sure if it is with destination or not. I dont know if there is any room for negotiation. Would it be a better time to buy when the 2014 models hit the dealership?
  • hkmhkm Member Posts: 20
    In the same email there were offers for "Base" model on other acura's. Its confusing.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    edited April 2013
    Well production of 2013 MDX stopped at the end of March, so you likely won't see new models showing up much longer. If you're picky about color...i'm not sure I'd wait too long. According to the last report I read, as of 3/1/13 they had 80 days supply of MDX.
  • mdx2014mdx2014 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how much would be the reasonable price for a 2012 MDX executive demo with running boards? Thanks a lot.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Use Edmunds Used Car Appraiser to get a value. "Executive demo" is the same as any used car once you drive it off the lot. You'll have a little more warranty left and perhaps some "special financing" but the car will be worth the same as any used other used car.
  • spr1spr1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Congratulations on your new car and the excellent deal. We are in the area and are looking for the same exact specifications. We would greatly appreciate it if you are able to give us the break down of the price and who you worked with at the dealership.

Thank you.
  • dm55dm55 Member Posts: 10
    We worked with Kevin at Acura of Westmont. The price was $40.3k including destination for a new 2013 Dark Cherry MDX with Technology this price did not include taxes, title or documentation fees. The doc fees were around $150. He threw in all weather mats and wheel locks upfront. With a little more negotiations with the sales manager we were able to get the remote start included. We had been to Westmont before and worked with a different sales guy that we really didn't like and walked away. There were no dealer add-ons but the Finance guy did try to sell us the extended warranty which we declined. I know that I could buy cheaper online, if I decided to buy later. We were also able to get the 0.9% financing for 60 months, which I don't think they are offering right now. Good luck with the purchase, I wouldn't wait to long to get the color combination you want as the 2013 inventory should be winding down.
  • spr1spr1 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the information dm55. That was nice of you to share the details. It is true that the 2013 stock will start to dwindle soon, but with the new model to be released in a couple of months we are contemplating if waiting a few more weeks would save us more money??!!!
  • sendglsendgl Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I'm considering a CPO 2012 MDX Tech 15Kmiles. Dealer offering 39.5K OTD after few rounds of negotiations.
    Is this a good deal? Appreciate your inputs.
    Thanks in advance.
  • 2012newmdx2012newmdx Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2013
    Folks are getting that price on a new 2013 mdx with tech. Knew a friend who got that price recently in the dc area. Pls don't pay that much for a used. Go Thursday this thread a few days/weeks back .
    OTD price means nothing around here...we don't know your trade or tax situation. Assuming no trade and 7% tax...it's not a horrible deal....somewhere around $37k? As mentioned you can easily buy a new '13 for $40k-41k before tax/etc. The CPO ends up with a longer warranty...probably worth $1,000 max if you added similar to a new car.
    Thanks for your comments.
    No trading and its 6% PA tax.
    Its a corporate fleet - title owner. Not sure that will have an impact on the resale value / price.
  • jwaymanjwayman Member Posts: 6
    I'm new here and wanted to get an opinion on this deal. It's a Cert. Pre-Owned 2012 MDX with the Advance package and Entertainment package. It has 4500 miles on it and the list price is $45,955. Does this seem like a decent price? Thanks in advance!
  • katayunfayekatayunfaye Member Posts: 2
    This forum has been very helpful when trying to negotiate the price on a Demo MDX, driven by a sales manager. With 4,558 miles on it, including the technology package, they are priced at $40,150. Based on the expertise of this panel is this a deal or should I just wait until the 2014s come out and the price of 2013 new may decline?

Thanks!!!
    The theme here continues....you can get into a new one for maybe $2,500 more than their asking price. Negotiate from there.
    edited April 2013
    There are buyers who have paid that for a brand new one so I don't think they're doing you any serious favors for a "used" vehicle. I wouldn't wait too long to buy as historically there's little selection once the new model arrives. Hard to say how long inventory will last but it's been a month since they stopped production on the 2013 so new deliveries should be drying up if they haven't already. Dealers may start to hold-back on huge discounts if they don't think they'll have enough inventory to get them through untili the '14's hit the lots. There's usually only two months supply of MDX's sitting on the lots.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums
  • katayunfayekatayunfaye Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for the insight!
  • timphotimpho Member Posts: 2
    What price can I can for a new 2013 mdx tech otd?
    Nobody can give you an accurate OTD price (except a your dealer). Look through these posts for what people are paying before tax. Somewhere around $40-41k seems doable.
  • acegunteracegunter Member Posts: 8
    Got a email from Pohanka Acura that MDX tech is for 39895 + 895 freight + 399 processing
  • timphotimpho Member Posts: 2
    I live in the dc area and got the same email. Do you think it's possible to negotiate more off that price?
    They also offer 0.9% for 36 months. Anyone have success with negotiating that to 48 or 60 months?
  • 2013mdxowner2013mdxowner Member Posts: 5
    I got 2.9% for 66 months last month.
  • aarveeaarvee Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Mdx tech pack , mats, cargo tray = 41k otd for va. 1.5% for 66 months.
  • roys1981roys1981 Member Posts: 3
    That is a very good price,,.... Congratulations on your new mdx. What dealership, state did you buy it from?
    Thats a nice deal. Congrats!!
    Please share dealer & sales person info.

Thanks
  • asp_mdxownerasp_mdxowner Member Posts: 15
    Check with Radley Acura. 39.5 K (including destination and dealer 399) for tech. would be deal or around that.
    I've got an offer for a 2013 MDX with Advance package for $47,000 and one with Advance and Ent. package for $49,000. Are these decent deals? Should I wait until May to see if incentives get better? Thanks.
    I never researched for advance (or advance with ent pkg) since those were too pricey (didn't have budget) for me. So, I wont be able to tell you whether those are good deals or not.

but I had researched for tech pkg, and I would think 39.5 to 39.8 would be good deal (including destination and dealer charges) with few extras (read accessories ) thrown in. Then you can work upwards for advance pkg and advance pkg with ent and see if that make is deal. Not sure whether prices will go down in May
    It's probably $1,000 off the best deal you can get today with a lot of shopping. If you like the dealer and plan to use them for service, I wouldn't sweat it but I don't buy just on price. I personally wouldn't wait to far into May if you're picky about colors, etc.
    Thanks for the replies. This guy is actually the only car salesman that I've ever liked so I'll probably go for it. I'll let y'all know the final numbers.
    I ended up getting a black MDX with black interior and the Advance package for $47,000. I also got them to throw in all weather mats and a trunk mat. I probably could have gotten it a little cheaper at a different dealership but I'm happy overall.
  • yardcrewyardcrew Member Posts: 8
    Sounds like a good deal, jwayman. Congrats. If I could find that bargain in black/parchment, I'd be all over it. But that seems to be a hard combo to find.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    As long as you are happy with the vehicle & the dealership, then that's all that counts. No matter how much you research & negotiate, the dealer ALWAYS makes money. There's always some money left on the table or someone out there who got the exact same car as you for less.

Enjoy many years of trouble free MDX ownership;)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• suvsfansuvsfan Member Posts: 1
    Agree. We bought a 2013 MDX Tech over the weekend in the DC/VA/MD area. I requested OTD quotes from Pohanka, Rosenthal, Radley, Chevy Chase and one other north of the area. End of the month prices were good. And a bit to our surprise after reading forum messages, we ended up buying our MDX at Rosenthal. The saleman's first quote was straightforward (no tricks), written, and lower than the others. I felt like he earned our business, even if I could have haggled for more. So, like above, quite happy with the new vehicle & the dealership.
    Congrats on new car. If you don't mind can you share how much you paid OTD for MDX Tech.
  • neinameneiname Member Posts: 5
    I want to buy an MDX Tech and am in the MA area. Does anyone have a good recent experience or best place to buy? What should I expect to pay OTD for Base?
  • hpr1hpr1 Member Posts: 5
    We bought a MDX Tech from Sunnyside(in Nashua) for 40800/- including destination. Other dealers in MA were offering the same price. Later we found out that one of our friend bought it for 40500 with all weather mats included in the price.
  • neinameneiname Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info, I assume that 40800 including destination did not include tax
  • captmorgan11captmorgan11 Member Posts: 2
    Congrats on the new purchase! I'm started looking at a Tech but now looking into Advanded as well. Could you tell me if the price you paid is OTD and if it is, what dealership/salesman you used? Thanks
  • ajaygajayg Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    How much shall I expect to pay for a Tech pkg? The offers I have received are all above invoice and I can possibly make them go $500 below invoice as there is a $2500 dealer incentive but still it is nowhere close to what others have recently paid on this forum although mostly on east coast. Is the dealer cost different?

thanks in advance.
  • aarveeaarvee Member Posts: 5
    Sorry, was away for a while from this forum. I bought from pohanka, chantily, va.
    edited May 2013
    Yes it includes the destination, and does not include tax(MA tax rate) and doc fees (399/-)
    It is not the OTD price. It is just the vehicle price + destination charge. So I paid state tax and doc fees on top of the (price of the vehicle+dest. charge).
    Dealership is Sunnyside Acura in Nashua NH. Salesman was Idi, who by the way is a very nice guy, straight forward salesman.
  • acegunteracegunter Member Posts: 8
    As per Honda the MDX started production on 5/2 (http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?g=acura&id=7182-en). it will interesting to see the price and the 3rd row legroom....
  • jk7jk7 Member Posts: 36
    Looking around So Cal the best price I found for MDX with advanced and entertainment was 47700
    Around 52,200 out the door.

Not buying right now, have other obligations but just thought Id pass it on if anyone finds it helpful.
  • dpo2dpo2 Member Posts: 3
    hpr1 was that a demo mdx tech that you picked up for 40,800? Negotiating with dealer now and they are saying that it must have been a demo to get such a low price.
    I can't speak for him, but $40,800 is not hard to get on a new one. I paid around that for my '12 back in August with almost zero negotiation.