Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hpr1hpr1 Member Posts: 5
    No, it was not a demo model. It had either 3 or 13 miles on the odometer (I cannot remember it exactly). On "www dot truecar dot com", if you check it will give you the price as 40900/- without even negotiating for Masschusetts.
    Then you can take the certificate to any dealer and tell them to beat the deal.
  • hpr1hpr1 Member Posts: 5
    By the way, On "www dot truecar dot com" only after you give your email and phone it will show the right price. Before that it might show 43K or so.
  • dpo2dpo2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the replies and valuable help. I ended up going to another dealer and without too much trouble getting a MDX Tech for 40,000.
  • jwfrostjwfrost Member Posts: 4
    Assuming your 40,000 included destination fee? I'm looking in CT and MA. Do you mind letting me know which dealer? Thanks
  • dpo2dpo2 Member Posts: 3
    Yes $40,000 included destination fee, but not tax or dealer fee ($359). I bought at Bernardi in Boston. I was also in touch with Prime Acura in Walpole and they would have matched the $40,000 price, although it took a bit of time on the computer and phone to get them to that number.
  • asp_mdxownerasp_mdxowner Member Posts: 15
    DC area dealers are offering better deals. I looked up past posts as well, and it looks like DC area dealers always (?) offer lower price compared to other dealers. How is that ?
  • gkapoorgkapoor Member Posts: 4
    We just bought our brand new MDX in bay area, CA. We paid $45,400 (w/ destination). This doesn't include tax, title & doc fee. I researched and no dealer in the area would go below this price. We ended up buying few accessories as well from the dealership at 10-15% off the MSRP.
    Overall a great experience!
  • jwaymanjwayman Member Posts: 6
    Sorry I haven't responded. OTD was the 47000 plus a doc fee of around 230. I bought from Gary Force Acura in Nashville.
  • userabcdeuserabcde Member Posts: 3
    We live in the St. Louis area. We are looking at the 2013 MDX tech package - hope to buy in next day or two. What would be a good price? Thanks for your input.
  • gkapoorgkapoor Member Posts: 4
    You should plan to pay between 39,800 - 40,500 for the tech package with the destination (included).
  • userabcdeuserabcde Member Posts: 3
    Thanks gkapoor.
  • daptekdaptek Member Posts: 141
    edited May 2013
    Anyone in Florida has made a purchase recently? What kind of credit score is required for the 0.9% interest?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Honda usually requires a credit score of 710-715 for their special financing.
    Thank you
  • mohawk06mohawk06 Member Posts: 1
    What should I expect to pay before destination charges, etc.?
  • sport_sedansport_sedan Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Is 45.5k (~49.8k out the door) a good price - this is the SF Bay Area? For lease, quoted money factor of 0.00062 and a residual of 51% off the MSRP for a monthly of 565 per month (619 with taxes), no money down. 3-year residual seems a bit low; any opinions from anyone? Any negotiation room on the residual?
  • yardcrewyardcrew Member Posts: 8
    I was just quoted $47,800 twenty minutes ago here in NC. They seemed very disinclined to go lower. FWIW, if I could get 45,500 I'd be cracking a bottle of champagne over the thing. I am by no means the expert here; just a first-time Acura shopper. BTW, did not ask about leasing or financing.
  • acura_buyer1acura_buyer1 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I live in San Diego downtown and my target price for 2013 MDX Base is $36,000 (including destination fee). Is this a realistic expectation? My basis for this expectation is from some of the previous posts that said $39,000 is a realistic price for 2013 MDX with Tech package.

Also, is there a difference in buying this weekend vs. memorial day weekend?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!!!
    Yes that is very much realistic. Not sure in bay area but definite in dc area. You can get few accessories too.
    I am negotiating with a dealer in FL that still has a few 2012s. What would be a good price considering that is a 2012 with the 2014 showing up in a couple of weeks?
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    You may never get a truly good deal on a '12 at this point. The incentives are about the same as the '13 which can be bought at very close to dealer cost. A '13 Tech with Ent shouldn't be more than $42,500. I'd want to be a couple grand below that to pick up a '12. Otherwise I'd rather have the year newer model.
  • guymdxguymdx Member Posts: 1
    Bought the MDX tech 2013 for 42600 OTD Price.

The Price is 39600 But with the Tax , Tags Titles it came to 42600 on the road.

Got it from Rosenthal Acura Maryland.
  • jfioccajfiocca Member Posts: 7
    My wife and I are into month 28 of a 36 month lease of a Odyssey Touring Elite. We used to have a Pilot before be got our first Odyssey (this is #2). We are now ready to go back to an SUV and have been eyeing the 2014 MDX (when it's release), but are not prepared to pay the premiums this model will certainly command. They Odyssey we are driving is loaded, and it seems that the 2013 Tech MDX will actually lose a couple features we've grown to like in the Odyssey (such as the blind spot monitoring). With that said, we seem to have agreed a 2013 MDX with Advance package is what we want. We do want entertainment, but not sure I want to pay the additional $2000 when I can strap an iPAD to each headrest for half the cost (and then we have two iPads!!). Searching inventory for a Bali Blue Advance is proving to be very difficult. Since production has started on the 2014s, 2013 production has stopped, right? If so, getting a 2013 Bali Blue Advance at a "steal", may not be possible?? We do wish to lease.. Very curious what to expect to pay. Does anyone have the residual values for the Advance and the Advance with entertainment? What is the current money factor for Top Tier? What is the current price plus destination one should expect to get into an advance or advance with entertainment here int he DC area? Went to pohanka in Chantilly for a peek yesterday, but wasn't impressed.
    I am told 2013 production has indeed stopped. New 2014's have been delayed until mid-July. Again, so I'm told.

We paid $47.8K yesterday for white/parch in NC. It was definitely not a steal, I know. We could have done better elsewhere, but we wanted to buy locally and most of the Advances left DID have Ent on them, which we did not wish to pay for. I was afraid to let this one get by us. We did get a decent discount on a load of dealer-added options like wood wheel and gearshift, molding, running boards and rails.

We would have preferred red or black with parch. Not available. We crossed blue off the list because you have to take the gray interior with that. Still, I have done a lot of looking at dealers up and down the East Coast, and I don't recall any blue in either Advance configuration. Sorry. I hope I am mistaken.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Having just looked myself for you, there are no Bali Blue Advance/Ent or Advance models anywhere in PA-NJ-DE-MD-VA-WV region, except for 2 possibly in New York.

MDX inventory is very tight and with Advance inventory the smallest of all, now is not the time to shoot for extra thousands somehow further below invoice and still search for a specific color, as some post here.

Pricing available now from dealers including the dealer cash incentive is already an incredible discount, and I'd act quick if you want one. 2014's are delayed a bit further, and 2013's will not last as long, especially not in rare colors or trim levels.
    The last 2013 was produced at the end of March so there is likely no more inventory in the pipeline. What's on the dealer lots should be it. When we bought last year, our dealer had over 200 MDX on the lot and less than 20 Advance. They currently have 1 advance (black). I had no desire for the Ent system as well since the kids have their own ipads these days with Netflix and whatever else they care to download....built-in Ent systems are completely unneeded in my book unless you have very small children.
    Thank you,

Anyone know what the current incentives are?
    Trying to get pricing for Miami Acura but they say that all the prices posted here are lies.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    There are no remaining incentives on 2012 MDX's right now.

2013's have $2500 dealer cash only, and nothing else.
  • stinkypete1211stinkypete1211 Member Posts: 4
    That's a great price (39600) if it included destination. I am reaching out to the VA/MD dealers since the ones in the Philadelphia area wont budge below 41,300. Hoping to score a MDX w tech before inventory is all gone.
    I wish Miami was right! I'd feel a little less ripped off for what I paid. But I was down to one MDX-A in a color I liked (not loved) so I did it, and 4 days in, I am ecstatic. I was loathe to give up my Volvo XC90, but this car just smokes it almost in every way. I don't know how to use all the functions -- the d**n tailgate release won't seem to work reliably -- but Wow. If you want one in a particular config, I would not wait.
    In DC area (Rosenthal, Radley, Pohanka) will give better. It is possible to get tech around 39.6 including destination and dealership fee.
  • irv51irv51 Member Posts: 6
    Local dealers in the NYC metro area quoting $42,800 and $43,100. Are these good? Should I push for lower? Thanks.
  • solaris72solaris72 Member Posts: 15
    I got a mail from my dealer, that due to high demand, they are ready to take my MDX back (MDX TEch+Ent) and ready to exchange it for a 2013 MDX. The reason is high demand for 2012? They told, i dont need pay anything additional etc.. I have about 10k miles on my 1 year old 2012 model

Is there any catch on this?
    Very common promotion...for everything from Fords to Acuras. It gets you in the door and that's half the battle. "Don't need to pay anything additional" usually means they'll keep your payment the same. I don't think that's the same as what you're thinking....
    Thank you sebring95. I don't know exactly what do you mean? You mean i may need to put some money down again?? I will reject the offer if i need to put some money on it?
  • ajaygajayg Member Posts: 5
    I am in Seattle and the best I could get for 2013 MDX/Tech was $42055 + tax + lic. I had a quote from Portland for $41500 but the travel was not worth the difference so bought locally. Latter was in line with Acura Rosenthal daily deal ($41,400).
    If you guys are getting MDX/Tech around $40,000, congratulations on a steal!. Dealer is losing money selling you the car (holdback is 3% of base invoice ~ 1300 so the actual dealer cost is around $40,750).

I would recommend shopping around and make your decision quickly at a reasonable price before these are gone.
    I can't say exactly what will happen at the dealership...these promotions are usually mass-mailed to everyone. Like I said...it's just to get you in the door or thinking about a new car. It would be very unlikely to get you into a new car for "the same amount of money". Whatever that means. If you're leasing, it might be possible but still very unlikely they won't have to modify the terms from your current lease or require a down payment.
  • aarveeaarvee Member Posts: 5
    "Dealer is losing money selling you the car" - This may not be correct, no one does business for a loss. I bought MDX Tec for 39275 (includes destination) + 399 dealer feee + tags + 3% VA tax + basic accessories = $41K OTD. You just need to shop around and negotiate.
    Agree, generally. Without knowing if there are any incentive bonuses in place behind the scenes, you really don't know for sure how much is made by a particular dealer. There could be reasons to sell at a loss or very low margin....namely allocation of the newest model. So they lose or make very little on some inventory today but get access to more inventory on higher volume 2014 models down the road.
    edited May 2013
    I bought it in April when the dealer cash was $1500 but now starting from May, dealer cash is $2500. So I guess one should be able to do better than my price if pushed harder but this works only when the dealer has considerable inventory that he needs to get rid off the lot. But what I have seen is that the dealers are left with base models and not many techs and advances. As pointed out multiple times here, DC is where the deals are.
    Agree that it has to do with the location/Inventory of the dealer. I negotiated with dealers in 3 states to get the price I got ($42,055) for MDX/Tech and that was after my initial offer of $42550 was declined by one local dealer. The dealers here did not seem to worry about clearing the lot.

btw, that's a truely amzing deal that you got. Did you have a trade-in and/or dealer financing?
    No trade-in. The price I got was not contingent to financing with any of the dealers I dealt with. And I don't think this is great price either because the next best price was just $300 more. All three quotes I got were between $41k - $41.8K OTD for VA, I just chose the one that quoted lowest. I walked in with pre-approved 1.7% financing from a credit union. During the paper work, I came to knew that dealership can provide perm plates only when I go with their financing. So I offered to go with them if they can beat the rate I got from credit union and they did. So I ended up financing with them just because they offered better rate and perm plates.
    Thanks again. I called and talked to them, they confirmed that they need 2012 (used car) and my loan amount is going to remain same. I said myself, why cant i give a try?
    That's awesome. Congratulations once again on the great deal!
    Good Luck. Please let us know how it goes.
    Sure, never hurts to give it a try as long as you can say no and don't have a better use of your time!

Make sure the term, rate, etc. also do not change. Payment isn't the only piece of the puzzle...I have no doubt they can get you into a loan for a similar payment...but it will cost you more one way or another. You've already made a years worth of payments on this one so don't forget that.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    This is a very common sales tactic. You are not getting anything special out of this promotion. The fact that 2013 is the last year for this style probably means that you'll get a little more discount than you got on your 2012, but that will never offset the depreciation (and the first year is the worst year). Here's the important point to consider:

Even if your payment stays the same, you will be adding to the number of payments remaining on your loan. One way or another, you will be sucking up the first year's depreciation and increasing the amount you owe.

If there's nothing wrong with your 2012 MDX, it would be foolish to trade it (from a financial perspective).
    Thanks for your advice. I completely agree it may be sales tactics. The first email i received from them is not about trade, all they want is my mdx2012 which is shortage of stock and they are checking with me I'm ready to sell? When i asked for trade-in, they are ready for 2013 mdx exchange. Also they sales manager confirmed that load amount/months wont change at all. I checked with my friends and they are saying there may be a catch somewhere and i should be paying for DOC fee ,taxes etc (may around atleast 5k) which i will know only if go there on the weekend.

The advantage on my side will be I'm resetting my mileage to 0 from 12000 and also 1 year advanced model (212->2013). I don't believe there are any difference 2012 and 2013 models. I love what i have now!, so i will stand firm not to pay anything additional.
  • stinkypete1211stinkypete1211 Member Posts: 4
    Rosenthal, Radley and Pohanka had really aggressive sales and promotions this past weekend.

I ended up going to Radley because it was a closer drive from Philly and they had the a color combination we were looking for.

I somehow got sidetracked when meeting with the finance person. I was pre-approved at 1.74% and somehow they brainwashed me into using their lender at a higher rate (2.24). Good thing that auto loans aren't like mortgages so there is no cost to refinance back to 1.74. On top of that, gap coverage through the credit union is only 349 instead of 875 through the dealer.

Total damage for 13 MDX w Tech was 39.5 +TTL. TN was my sales rep and I highly recommend!