Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mrmonty1mrmonty1 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Me neither. The only useful components of Tech package, in my opinion, are lane departure warning, blind spot warning and forward collision warning (coz the wife will be driving it). I would rather save the money and pay the deductible for several accidents, if they happen due to lack of these features; which I doubt coz she will get used to driving the base MDX.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Sure assuming whatever lord forbid happens is minor, otherwise you can you the money you saved to bury her.
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    Negotiated the deal for the Acura MDX AWD Base in NJ for 41,611 + Tax +Title. At the Manager's office, I showed him $1000 coupon which they had mailed last year. So got the MDX for $40,611 + Tax +title+ $348 Doc Fee...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Gee... maybe you should have been a life insurance salesperson.

If you can't drive safely without aids that didn't exist five years ago, then you probably shouldn't be driving. If one feels those aids offer a good value, then have at it.. But, I don't think anyone should feel they are risking their lives by purchasing a car without them..

(I can still parallel park, as well... lol)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Do you wear seatbelts, they didn't exist years ago either.
  • theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    Good deal. Which dealer and who did you deal with? Also, how much was it out the door with taxes/fees/etc?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    5 years vs. 45 years... Also, a current safety measure that is in every car, not just luxury models. Not sure how that is relevant to the Acura Tech package.

Also, not sure how it's relevant to how people feel about their family members. Or, is everyone that buys a Honda Civic just an insensitive rube?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• legendguy1legendguy1 Member Posts: 15
    Just trying to put this in perspective. Did you get $1500 *off* of MSRP? For example if the base sticker was 43185 and you got $1500 off, then you paid $41685. 41685/43185 is .965 so you got 3.5% off. Is that a fair representation of the deal you got? This would help us immensely to know what percentage you got off. Thank you.
    49500/50635 = .977 or 2.3% off. Is that the best they will do?
    41800/45185 = .925 or 7.5% off. That sounds pretty good to me. Please let us know how that works out for you as I am sure many would be helped by you actual deal (what the sticker MSRP is versus what you finally ended up paying before tax and license.)
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    Bridgewater Acura in NJ.
  • s2kromas2kroma Member Posts: 9
    Found a brand new black on black 2013 Acura MDX base. How much should I be paying for the car? I am thinking to go in and start @ $35k out the door (including registration, IL sales tax, and plates).

What you guys all think?
  • mrmonty1mrmonty1 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    What an awful comment to make!! Do you see yourself in mirror everyday or not? So, should I buy every darn tech contrivance there is to make my family safe? Statistically, I am putting my wife's life in danger by the mere action of letting her drive, no?

This is a car help site, stop being so judgmental.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    $35k is not doing to happen. A dealer will work with you, but doesn't need to lose multiple thousands to do it. Consider that net invoice on the car after incentive is around $38700 with destination, and be reasonable from there.

$35k...not unless used and with some miles. Acura's do not drop values like that. Heck of a deal to find a new 2013, regardless, with as much as you can save if you prefer the older design.
  • primitivoprimitivo Member Posts: 4
    Anyone in Colorado have a price quote on a 2014 MDX AWD Base or Tech?
    Thanks
  • itsrajeshitsrajesh Member Posts: 10
    I see some dealers still have 2013 MDX models. I am looking for tech package. Any suggestions on what should be good price for a new 2013 MDX Tech Pkg. If anyone has any idea on price, please share the total price (excluding TTL). Thanks in advance.
  • brasmusbrasmus Member Posts: 4
    i purchased a 2014 mdx with tech in boise id in july for 47000.
  • gupalolgupalol Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Received a quote for 2014 all wheel drive MDX, base model for 39 month lease @ 15k miles per year in New Jersey ... $1325 down and $575 / month. Is this a good price?

Told dealer I want to put minimum down, but quote does not provide details on what the $1,325 is comprised of, so difficult to back into the lease calculations.

For outright purchase, dealer quoted $42,685.

Good deal?
  • johnrajohnra Member Posts: 2
    Yes that is exactly correct. $41685 plus TTL.
  • avikumarcaravikumarcar Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Anybody bought a 2014 AWD + Tech recently in NorthCarolina. Any recommended dealers who offers lowest price ? there is only one in my area - but not getting a good deal from them. I'm ready to drive nearby states if needed. I'm looking to buy one soon :)
  • jie08jie08 Member Posts: 19
    This week, I bought a 2014 MDX Base at a dealership in NC. It has Protection Package IV (Cargo Tray—Living Hinge, Splash Guard Set and Wheel Locks). The sticker price was $43614 ($42185 + $429). I got $3000 off the sticker price. So I paid $40614 + tax + title fee. Got 2.09% financing for 5 years. The car is Graphite exterior and grey interior. I think it is a good deal. The salesman asked us to leave when I said $3000 off, which we left immediately. 5 minutes later he called, eventually offered the discount. It turns out to be one of the smoother car price negotiation I had.
    I got my 2014 MDX Base from Leith Acura in Cary automall. Where are you?
  • raindrop_1raindrop_1 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please advice if this for AWD or FWD. Thank you
    jie08, I'm in charlotte. tried calling some of the nearby dealers- most of them giving maximum 1500 off. widening my search to nearby states also.
    This is a FWD Base.
    Leith Acura at Cary automall gave me $3000 off MSRP. Mine is an inventory car. Of you need to order one, tat might change. I think they have a good inventory of 2014 with Technology.
    What is good sell price for a 2014 MDX base in the NY/NJ/CT area? Also, what kind of lease deals are people being offered?
  • sactownsactown Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a 2014 Acura MDX AWD w/ Tech for $46,625 + TTL. We ended up buying some additional accessories so the price went up a bit higher after all the addons.

The car has a white exterior with parchment interior. Beautiful car. Still trying to learn how to utilize all the tech in that car.

Top this helps everyone.
  • programddprogramdd Member Posts: 6
    Just leased a 2014 MDX AWD base, White Diamond with parchment interior. $1000 total drive off and $499 including LA County tax monthly. 36 months and 10k mileage allowance per year.
  • bxteachbxteach Member Posts: 16
    About three weeks ago, my wife and I purchased our 2014 MDX w/Tech from Curry Acura, located in Scarsdale, NY (I found a few leftover 2013's, but it made more sense to go new). We locked down our price and they went to work. After getting the paperwork together, we went to the dealer on a Saturday, sat with the Finance Mgr. and were out the door in less than 2 hours (talking too much to the FM).

Price of car was $48,000. **This included at least 2 expensive accessories, the advance running boards and the roof rails. The last one was the molding.** My tax rate is 8.375% which added a little over $4k to the price. We then paid $263 for DMV and a $75 Doc fee. We secured outside financing because AFS doesn't have any plans.

The technology in the car wasn't needed, but we love it. The nav system is one of the best. In addition, there is the blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning system, and the lane departure warning system. After driving for a month, I can say the blind spot is the most used. The collision warning system engaged about 2 times. And I've shut off the lane departure for now.

Forum viewers and posters debate whether or not to get the tech. You don't need it. Since we were able to afford it and my wife likes the accessibility and ease of the nav system, we got it.
    In addition to the warnings and the nav, it comes with upgraded wheels, voice activated everything, and those silly little puddle lights.

We looked at the German sleds and couldn't justify the extra cost (a la carte accessories and then some). Yes, the Acura is an entry level luxury car. And we are very comfortable with that. We now have two Acuras in the family.

To anyone thinking of or has already purchased, good luck. Enjoy your new ride!!
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Would you mind sharing the dealer name where you got that deal? I'm flying out there (to LA) a week from Saturday to visit my cousin and hoping to have her in a 2014 MDX before I leave nine days later! She lives in LA County (Woodland Hills) and would be getting a 2014 MDX Tech Pkg in White Diamond (hopefully with Eucalyptus interior).

She currently has a 2008 Lexus GX470 that drinks gas at an obscene rate (14mpg on a good day)! Needs to dump it!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Riverside. Ask for Lacy or Candace. Several other dealers in the LA areas could not do the deal at this price point. Riverside is a little further. However, for this price, it is worth the drive for me.
    Got the rates from a dealer for a 2014 MDX base awd and asked to use the online autoleasecalculator.com. Here is what he gave me:

MSRP: 44290
    Dest: 895
    Optional : 0
    Total MSRP: 45185

Selling Price: 42900
    Acquisition Fee: 595
    Cap Adjustment: -595
    Net Cap Cost: 43495

Lease: 36
    Tax: 7
    RV: 64
    MF: .0018
    Interest: 4.32%

Monthly Base: 404.91
    Finance Charge: 130.34
    Base + Fin : 535.25
    Tax: 37.27
    Monhtly Payment: 572.72

Title: 75
    Reg: 325
    Fees: 12.50
    Due at signing: 985.22

How does this look? It seems a bit high from what other people are stating. What can I negotiate with here?
    Negotiate on the selling price. In LA, I was able to negotiate the selling price from MSRP: 45,185 to Selling Price: 40,957.15. This should lower your costs. Also, in LA the money factor is .0017.
  • supra5supra5 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to purchase a 2014 MDX SH-AWD w/ Tech Pkg in the DFW area before month end. Does anyone have any recommendations on pricing and dealership experience in this area?
  • kolli1kolli1 Member Posts: 2
    I am getting $40K as the best offer in the SF Bay area. Has anyone seen better prices? Given the price trend, I am hoping if I wait a month or two, I might save $500-$1000 more. What do you guys think?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    edited October 2013
    I've noticed that some White Diamond Pearl models are finally showing up on dealer lots with Eucalyptus interior! Have any recent lease/purchases posted here in the forum been with the Eucalyptus?

If I'm not mistaken, models with Tech Package and above are offer the choice of Parchment or Eucalyptus interior with the White Diamond Pearl and Forest Mist Metallic exterior colors. I think Eucalyptus would also look very sharp paired with the Silver Moon.

Once again, I'm impressed with Acura for offering an interior color with limited availability, comparatively speaking. Parchment, Ebony and Graystone can be paired with more than just two exterior colors.

I've finally seen the Eucalyptus in person and it looks amazing! Maybe Acura will jump on the Saddle Brown interior bandwagon next.....hint, hint....

But I still have to vent a little about something else I just noticed. It really hacks me off when a $45k+ has certain exterior colors that have a 'mandatory' interior color (no choice). It's the way Honda operated for decades and I, like all Honda lovers, submitted to their rigid color combos. It's just odd to see that the 2014 MDX in Dark Cherry (Parchment) or Fathom Blue (Graystone) doesn't offer buyers a choice. Then again, I can't imagine choosing either of those paint colors either....
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • maresidentmaresident Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    Planning to buy MDX ,
    Anybody bought recently 2014 MDX with Tech / Entertainment or MDX with Tech.
    appreciate If you could post the prices paid in and around boston area.
    Programdd, By Selling Price did you mean Out of the door price?
  • colovolcolovol Member Posts: 3
    I would like some feedback on this deal for 2014 w/Tech & Entertainment at a dealer in Colorado. Sticker was $51,460 and negotiated sale price of $49,750 (-3.3%).

Thanks for your feedback in advance.
  • itsrajeshitsrajesh Member Posts: 10
    I am getting similar offer. I am getting offer of 2014-AWD MDX with Tech Pkg for $47,530. So for 2014-AWD MDX with Tech+Ent, $49,750 is comparable. It can come down little bit.

I am debating between 2014 AWD Tech Pkg and 2013 AWD Tech Pkg. I got offer of $47,530 and $41,500 respectively...Just thinking if $6000 difference is justified. What I get extra with 2014 model are below
    1. better gas mileage - around 3mile/gallon more on avg with Variable Cylinder Management.
    2. Blind Spot Monitor
    3. Lane Departure Warning
    4. One touch Keyless start
    5. Forward Collison Warning
    6. Keyless Access
    7. Remote Smart entry

Any guidance from experts will be appreciated.
  • deanniedeannie Member Posts: 13
    3mpg better means you're using 119 gallons of gas more each year (at 15,000 miles each year). That's $458 per year saved (@ $3.85 per gallon) times the # of yrs you plan on keeping your car. If you're a long-termer like me, say ten years, that's $4,600 recouped from the $6,000 difference. The added option/benefits you cited make up more than the difference imo. If that's not enough, think of the higher resale value in the future of the newer generation vs 2013. Then there's better safety (more crashworthy newer model). How much is that worth? It was a no-brainer for me.

I neglected to factor in the opportunity cost of the lost interest on $6,000 at what? 2-3% per yr? vs the 2-3% interest gained on the $ amt saved on annual gas costs. But that's splitting hairs. You can adjust any of these numbers as they apply to you. Bear in mind, though, the 2014 MDX routinely beats its estimated fuel economy, especially on the hwy, whereas the 2013 models did just the opposite, so real world fuel savings should be higher with the 2014 as they have been for me and others. Hope this helps.
  • vikkuuvikkuu Member Posts: 9
    Hi Rajesh

I was in same dilemma some time back and finally did some calculation what deannie explained already. I preferred 2014 and bought for the following reasons:
    1 3mg extra - will be big saving in long term (couple of years)
    2. All new feature (as you listed already) - except - you do not get remote start - but you can get that anytime by paying around $400+.
    3. when you like to sale this vehicle (anytime) there would be difference of resale price - 1500-2500 because of the year and model.
    4. there are lot of enhancements in 2014 version - you can see this on Acura website.
    5. 2014 is whole redesigned model

I bough 2014-MDX-Tech - $46500 (including destination) + (Including destination) + tax+registration+documentation Fee($259) - around 51500 OTD from NJ.

Hope this help
  • suv101suv101 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, living in northern va was looking into mdx fwd, can anyone please share a good deal what should I be looking at price wise? Also looking at toureg tdi and ml blutec..please share dealership and contact name of possible thank you in advance for your help!
  • primitivoprimitivo Member Posts: 4
    I am getting quotes on a 2014 MDX AWD Base in Colorado and the dealers are giving me quotes but not including the Dealer Handling fees. I finally got one to tell me it is $689!! Another dealer told me his quote included a $400 Regional Advertising fee. What is everyone else paying? Are you including this "extra fee" in your price quotes? Has anyone negotiated these fees down?

So far I've gotten the following quotes for a 2014 MDX AWD Base:

1. $43,062 ($41,016 invoice + $400 advertising fee + $895 destination + $750 profit) + TTL

2. $43,300 ($42,611 + $689 dealer handling) + TTL

Thanks!
  • geocity20geocity20 Member Posts: 13
    Never heard of these fees before. Unless this represents doc and bank fees. I got a quote for 41,911, which is the invoice and destination.
  • colovolcolovol Member Posts: 3
    Hi- Are the money factors and residual values set by Acura Financial? Should these be consistently quoted from dealers in the same region? The reason I'm asking is I'm getting different answers from two different dealerships, and I'm wondering who is telling me the truth.

Example- One dealer is saying .00200 (4.8%) and another is saying .001700 (4.08%). Also one is saying 63% residual for 10K and the other is saying 62% for 10K.

Please help.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Be very cautious.

Rates or residuals are fixed by Acura.

If you do start to see varying terms, a dealer may be using a 3rd party bank that is not Acura Financial. We have a local dealer that will almost always quote a $30-50 better lease payment than others, but will not disclose that it goes through a different 3rd party bank such as US Bank or Haan Financial until too late and you go to sign. This means losing out on any Acura benefits or loyalty, no mileage rollover, no wear & tear, no mileage forgiveness, and an inflated residual at end plus fees making it tougher to get out of at end--with no support by Acura.

If not this, a dealer may also be providing updated vs. not updated terms. They will not vary much dealer to dealer, other than sale price. Avoid 3rd party leasing companies at all costs.
  • stareeestareee Member Posts: 1
    Anyone bought 14 MDX with tech in Oregon? Do you mind share the price and dealer information? Thanks!
  • coolcoolvacoolcoolva Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

Anyone bought MDX 2014 TECH AWD in DC/MD/VA area? Can you please provide the dealer and price information. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks!