Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mark99mark99 Member Posts: 6
    I'm am just starting the online bidding process with several dealers in and around the Minneapolis area. Looking for an 06 Base. Will post my results as they come in. Thanks to everyone for the great information on this site.
  • Options
    tgnmktgnmk Member Posts: 2
    Where in Phoenix did you get your quote of 38G? I have been looking and my lowest was $39,500. Appreciate it!
  • Options
    Just made a tentative agreement for a Desert Rock Metallic base (they call it premium) for $33,824 ($250 below invoice). They thru in all weather car matts/frt and rear and rear cargo liner as well as 5 cents off per gallon of gas for 2yrs at all Holiday gas stations. This is a dealer in Minneapolis..

Seems to be a decent deal? Opinions?
  • Options
    mayhermayher Member Posts: 41
    Hi, I am in the Chgo. area and also interested in purchasing an 06 base ( premium ) would be interested in your final pricing as well as any other information others could provide. I have read several times where posters are buying 06 MDX's new for 2-3K under invoice. Note sure if this is accurate or not

Thanks
  • Options
    I recieved a quote of $33,575.00 + Taxes and T&L only (no other doc or advertising fees they sometimes try to add) from Ed Napleton Acura in Chicago. Get ahold of internet mgr. if you are interested.
  • Options
    dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    Just made a tentative agreement for a Desert Rock Metallic base (they call it premium) for $33,824 ($250 below invoice). They thru in all weather car matts/frt and rear and rear cargo liner as well as 5 cents off per gallon of gas for 2yrs at all Holiday gas stations. This is a dealer in Minneapolis.

Sounds like Luther. I was just over there, and they had a bunch of MDXs sitting in the lot. I don't know what incentives Honda/Acura is giving to the dealers, but there should be very good deals on these. Very late in product cycle too (6 years).
  • Options
    xxcyrusxxxxcyrusxx Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know when the 2007 MDX comes out? I can't even find any spy shots! I'm interested in the 2006, but I'd really like to take a look at the 2007 first. Also, how much of a price drop can I expect on the 2006, if I wait for the 2007. Thanks!
  • Options
    mumu2xmumu2x Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone, new to this forum. In the market for a '06 Touring MDX with Nav in the Atlanta area. Anybody get any great deals in or around the ATL for this trimline? If so, please tell me the price and the dealership info. Thanks!! :)

Enjoying reading all the posts thus far on the prices.
  • Options
    mukulmukul Member Posts: 1
    curious. where were you getting a lower price and who was offering it?
  • Options
    brianatcalbrianatcal Member Posts: 9
    I'm looking too, within the Minneapolis area. Mark99, sounds like a good deal. I'd like to know exactly who you got it from. I've just sent out RFQ's to 3 area dealers.... anxiously awaiting replies. I'm looking for a NAV+RES version, with towing package. Looking for a really sweet deal, if dbt is correct.
  • Options
    Send an internet inquiry to Bloomington Acura via carsdirect.com Good Fleet Manager at this dealership.
  • Options
    97edwardc97edwardc Member Posts: 13
    If you are going to contact the internet manager, no need to go through carsdirect. Going through carsdirect just creates another intermediary -- i.e. expense -- that needs to be covered by your purchase price. Just look on the dealer's website, where the name and contact info for the internet manager will be listed. In fact, look on Acura.com and find the info for all of the dealers near where you live. Send them an e-mail, tell them you are ready to buy and what you want, that you are e-mailing several dealers, and want to get their best quote.
  • Options
    mumu2xmumu2x Member Posts: 2
    Hello all, to follow on my earlier message, I am getting $38,843 (before tax, tag and title) for '06 MDX Touring w/ Nav in Atlanta. Is this a good price? Also I hear that Birmingham, AL or Greenville, SC may be offering the same trimline a bit cheaper. Is this true? Anyone have any experience with this? I have couple of requests out in each of the two cities. All info is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Options
    buc498buc498 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at leasing a MDX with RES and Navi. Have been offered following terms:

Cap Cost $39,342/ 36mo / 12K miles / $2500 drive-offs / $598 per month plus tax. Your money factor is 0.002662860; and having a residual value of 55% at $23,752

Does this seem in line with deals that others have been quoted for similar vehicles?
  • Options
    joe104joe104 Member Posts: 15
    Your price for Model Code YD1886JNW (Touring w/nav) is very good. Best I've seen is $38,578.
  • Options
    Best quoted price I have is $35,999. Anybody done better?
  • Options
    stevena48stevena48 Member Posts: 5
    Best price I've seen on MDX touring/nav is $36,792, inc $615 destination, but that was in California.
  • Options
    What is RES?
  • Options
    First, it is my understanding there are only 5 MDX models:
    YD1826JNW - Base @ about $33,000 incl destination plus TT&L
    YD1866JNW - Touring @ about $$35,500 incl dest + TTL
    YD1876JNW - Touring w/Entertaiment Center@ $37,000 inc dest +TT&L
    YD1886JNW - Tourning w/Navigator @ $38,000 inc dest +TT&L
    YD1896JNW - Tourning w/Navigator and Ent @ $39,000 inc dest +TT&L
    I want the last one (I think :confuse: ).

Questions:
    1. Does the NAV have a backup camera in reverse like the Honda Pilot
    2. Which models have the "wood grain" dash or is that a dealer added option?
    3. What is RES?
    4. What is the "premium package?" Is is standard on the YD1896JNW?
    5. What other "options" are available?

I really need help. I will be going to Dallas to buy one. No dealers within 300 miles of where I live.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Okay, I finally found an online brochure. Accessories seem to be the key word here:
    All-Season Floor Mats 98.00
    Burlwood Shift Knob 89.00
    Cargo Cover 111.00
    Cargo Liner 155.00
    Cargo Net 38.00
    Cargo Tray 103.00
    Interior Bike Attachment 134.00
    Mahogany Shift Knob 55.00
    Separation Net 78.00
    Wood Grain Steering Wheel 390.00
    Wood Grain Trim Panel 109.00
    Air Deflector, Full-Width 140.00
    Back-Up Sensor 352.00
    Bike Attachment 128.00
    Body Side Molding 181.00
    Door Mirror Covers (Bright Chrome) 85.00
    Door Mirror Covers (Satin Chrome) 85.00
    Door Visors 108.00
    Engine Block Heater 46.00
    Fender Flares ???
    Gold Emblem Kit 125.00
    Gold Inner Grille 237.00
    Hitch Mount Bike Carrier 155.00
    Lower Trim 416.00
    Luggage Basket 305.00
    Moonroof Visor 103.00
    Nose Mask 114.00
    Rear Tailgate Deflector 298.00
    Roof Box, 55" 259.00
    Roof Box, 76" 390.00
    Roof Rack 128.00
    Running Boards 427.00
    Side Steps (Black) 426.00
    Side Steps (Bright Chrome) 487.00
    Side Steps (Satin Chrome) 488.00
    Ski Attachment 129.00
    Tailgate Spoiler 300.00
    Towing Package
    Wheel Locks 33.00

Frankly the only ones I would want are reunning boards and body side molding.
  • Options
    zed2zed2 Member Posts: 1
    Bought: mdx with nav and cargo net: 37300 incl destination charge. Northern new jersey.
  • Options
    Based on your price I shouldn't pay more than $37,908. (running boards 427 and side moldings 181.
  • Options
    savvym3savvym3 Member Posts: 10
    Zed2,

Do you mind sharing the dealer name? I'm also shopping in Northern NJ. Thanks.
  • Options
    centnjcentnj Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get this price? I am also looking for Touring model with Navigation in NJ . . . and the lowest quote I got till now is $37k without destination charge.

Also, stay away from Acura of Princeton. They will say one thing over email to get you in. . . and when you go to the dealership, they will be sarcastic and deny what they told you earlier.
  • Options
    love2driveinctlove2driveinct Member Posts: 80
    Sorry I didn't get to reply to this message until now...

I didn't check any RI dealers, but our dealer here in Southeastern CT wouldn't go any lower than $42K, which was really a shame. We were pretty open with them about what we could get up in Boston and they tried to talk us out of going up there, saying that it was very possibly a scam, etc. But it wasn't, thank goodness!

I'm not sure why we see the regional price discrepancies that we do, so it's nice to have other posters from the same general area.

Good luck with your shopping!

(BTW, I've had it for a week now and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!)
  • Options
    mixamixa Member Posts: 12
    Hey,

Where (and when) did you see "MDX touring/nav is $36,792, inc $615 destination" ?

I'm in CA, and that's exactly what I'm looking for! :o)

Thanks!
  • Options
    hankykimhankykim Member Posts: 3
    Looking for 2006 MDX Touring. Quote for $35,414 including destination from dealer outside Washington DC. Good deal?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    nygiantsfannygiantsfan Member Posts: 2
    I'm in market (DC) for a similar MDX. Does the $40K include Tas, Tag, Title and any extras, such as side steps, cargo cover, cargo net? One dealer quoted me $42,800. After reading articles in the forum, I think I can do better.
  • Options
    nygiantsfannygiantsfan Member Posts: 2
    Good Deal! The basic touring cost the dealer $36,004. With destination, $615, it's $36,619. Whatis the name of the dealer? I'm in the Market.
  • Options
    The MSRP (includes destination)on the 2006 Touring with NAV and RES is $44,815, no accessories. Dealer Invoice is $40,442, but the dealers are actually paying $38,116 to the factory for that car, (Dealer Holdback of $1,326 +Dealer Incentive of $1,000).

I bought an MDX with NAV, MSRP running boards, side body moldings and Theft Protection (etched glass) for $39,142. The MSRP as equipped was $44,950 (neither price includes tax, title or license). Purchase price was 12.92% below MSRP and 2.5619% below Dealer Invoice.
  • Options
    douglasduboisdouglasdubois Member Posts: 3
    Not me but i cross shopped this, a Murano, FX 35 and the Subaru Tribeca.
    Took the 7 pass Tribeca, with DVD, NAV and all the goodies, $0 down and $480/month inc tax.
    Wanted the Fx but too small, MDX nice but a bit bland and everyone has one, Murano very nice but again they are everywhere, so took the factory lease from Subie, initially hated the look, but it's grown on me, hence i considered it and the interior is superb.
    Eitherway good luck they are in the end all good vehicles.
  • Options
    acuramdx06acuramdx06 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for one in California. Where do you get this price? Thanks!
  • Options
    dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    It looks like I am seeing best prices of $33,000 base or $35,500 touring.

I have a subscription to CR car buying service and it lists a dealer incentive of $1,000 that begins 4/3/06.

Does this mean I could expect prices of $32,000 base or $34,500 touring?

I was looking at a TL, but I could get the base MDX for about the same price. It seems like I would be getting more for my money with the MDX at $32K.
  • Options
    hebegeebeehebegeebee Member Posts: 2
    I found this forum very useful regarding the acquisition of my 2006 MDX with NAV including the destination charge @ the sale price of $38050.00 on 03/15/2006. I traded a 1997 Ford Explorer Limited for $3000.00 which brought my purchase price to $35050.00. My traded vehicle had 90K miles on it.
    I hope this info may help others looking for a reasonable deal.
  • Options
    Do you have any additional information on the dealer incentive to be available 4/3? Sometimes these are local or regional incentives designed to help clear up excess inventory. I am close to purchasing an MDX, but would like to take advantage of this if avail. to me. What part of the US do you live in? Any info. you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    I saw the $1,000 dealer incentive listed on Consumer Reports Car Buying Website, so the incentive must be national.

I e-mailed a dealership today asking about this incentive. They e-mailed me back a quote for a base MDX of $33,500, but didn't elaborate on the incentive.

I e-mailed them back asking if the price included the incentive, or if the price would be lower next month when the incentive kicks in (according to CR), but I have not received a response yet.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    I wonder if the incentive expires on 4/3/06?

Usually, even the dealers don't know about upcoming incentives.. If they did, no one would buy the cars now.. they would all wait..

It seems counter-intuitive that CR would know about an incentive that hasn't been announced yet.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    You might be correct.

I did get an e-mail back from the dealer and he said the price of $33,500 for a base MDX did include the incentive. He said that he has had this incentive since February, so maybe the date of 4/3/06 on Consumer Reports is the expiration date.

I think this dealer may take $33,000 for the base if I make that offer. I am trying to decide between the base MDX for $33k or the base TL for $31k. I originally wanted the TL, but I am leaning towards the MDX now because it just seems like I would be getting more for my money.
  • Options
    Thanks to both yourself and kyfdx for the information. He is probably correct that this may the expiration date for this incentive. Mfg's purposly do not release future incentives until the day of to prevent dealers from sandbagging sales.

33K for a base sounds about right. I have a price in the Chgo. area of $33,374 including shipping which translates to $700.00 under invoice. I also am fairly certain that this dealer would take about 33k.

Still working with a couple of local dealers on better pricing, will let you know what I find.

Thanks again
  • Options
    mlingomlingo Member Posts: 1
    Picking up in two hours the only thing not added was tax and $199.50 for destination fee. Baught in Littleton Colorado at Courtesy Acura. We have 4 Acura dealers I called the first one and got a starting price of 41K then called the other 3 the best one came back at 39,500 but was 70 miles away called back the first one that is only 3 miles away and they gave me the $39,750 Black on Black
  • Options
    lucyglucyg Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the help. I bought a MDX with touring for $40,450 (out-of-door price) with a few free accessories from Champion Acura in Houston. Did all the negotiation online. Hopefully this info would be helpful for people who is shopping around.
  • Options
    lucyglucyg Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, a typo. It is Touring with Navigation. Thanks.
  • Options
    hankykimhankykim Member Posts: 3
    Criswell Acura in Annapolis, MD
  • Options
    smanduesmandue Member Posts: 1
    2006 MDX with touring+NAV+DVD, I just asked them to match carsdirect.com's price, which is $40292.00. Plus a $600 leather detailing service. Is this a fair price? I certainly hope so and just hand over a case of cash for it. hehe.
  • Options
    needmdx1needmdx1 Member Posts: 3
    Does it include taxes? I heard it should cost something like $42K out the door for 2006 touring_NAV+DVD
  • Options
    needmdx1needmdx1 Member Posts: 3
    mumu2x,
    Any update on your buying experience, final cost, which dealer...I am also looking for MDX/NAV in the Atlanta Area.
    appreciate your reply
  • Options
    cnncnn Member Posts: 3
    you should bargain down lower than carsdirect not just match!
    i took one out tonite at
    $38,900+tax included running board...
  • Options
    2006 Acura MDX YD1886JNW MDX w/NAV AWD

Base Price-----------------37,507.00
    Running Boards---------------750.00
    Side Body Moldings----------286.00
    Theft Guard--------------------599.00
    Price Paid----------------$39,142.00
    Vehicle Inventory Tax--------99.19
    License--------------------------60.80
    Title----------------------------33.00
    Inspection-------------------21.75
    County Road & Bridge Fee-----10.00
    Documentary Fee--------------50.00
    Tax (6.25%)---------------2,446.38
    Drive Out ---------------$41,863.12

Bought in Dallas, TX
  • Options
    tdringtdring Member Posts: 1
    I am also in Houston and am shopping. Can you tell me who you worked with at that dealer? Thanks.
  • Options
    jaymojaymo Member Posts: 10
    We are in process of trying to negotiate for either a Base model or a Touring/NAV model. We're considering the NAV model as there appears to be much greater inventory in the NAV model and we thought we might get a better (relative) deal for that than the Base. But so far, we're being quoted above invoice for both, in response to our offers below invoice, taking into account the dealer holdback and incentive right now. Any advice on how you were able to get a better deal? I've seen people talking about NAV for around $37 and the lowest we've heard from dealer is $40. We'd like to at least get closer to the good deals we're reading about on here! Anyone quote the deals they read about on here to help negotiations move forward with any success?
    Thanks in advance!