Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jaymojaymo Member Posts: 10
    Would you mind sharing what area in the country you bought your MDX? It sounds like a good price! Congratulations.
  • slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    The lowest I have gotten so far in PA is 38,500 for NAV. My advice is this. Go through the internet sales person in each place. Just send an email or call and tell them that you want to talk to the internet sales person. Even if you go in, in person, tell them you want to talk to their internet sales person and that you wrote an email. Either way tell them that you were offered 38,500 (including dest) by another dealer and tell them you want to make a purchase tonight and tell them to hit your mark of around 37 and change. Good luck... of course as long as there are a lot of acura dealers around you, you will be able to get a better deal.
    sluri
  • stevena48stevena48 Member Posts: 5
    Message 2993 gives all the details.
  • 97edwardc97edwardc Member Posts: 13
    The simplest and most effective thing to do is to contact multiple dealerships and make it known that you are doing so. Just log onto Acura.com, find the 5-10 dealers closest to you. Acura.com lists the name of the internet manager. Send an e-mail to the internet manager outlining exactly what you want and state that you will buy from whoever offers the lowest quote, and that you are ready to buy immediately (i.e. within a couple days once you've heard from everybody). Tell them that they should send their best quote, because whoever provides the best quote WILL sell you a car.

That's more or less what I did. In the Bay Area I sent 14 faxes (did that instead of e-mail) and got 11 replies. The range was about $2k from top to bottom. Got a Touring, NAV, DVD for about $38.2 plus TTL.

Telling them about prices you see on this site is useless. From their perspective, if you knew where you could get that price, then you wouldn't be begging them to match it.
  • nqknqk Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 06 MDX Touring at Gillman Acura, Houston TX this past week for $35,700 including destination charge and before TTL. I did most of the work over the internet. Used Edmunds to get all my quotes from 4 dealers in Houston. Champion Acura did not give me a price, they said to come in to see them. Johneagle Acura gave an initial quote of $35,900 but did not return 3 emails that I sent after that. I am not sure of their reason but it made me feel like they did not want my business. Serling McCall did go down to $35,750. All dealers did mention that they will match/beat any price that I get. I picked Gillman because of the price and also because of convenience location for me. I do not live in Houston. I ended up very very happy with the sale lady and Gillman Acura. They have 2.9% interest for 36 months, 3.9% for 48months and 4.9% for 60 months.

I also recommend follow suggestions given in Message: #3082 of 3083 Re: Negotiating advice? by 97edwardc, if you plan to use internet to get quote. He gave good advises.
  • miked3470miked3470 Member Posts: 25
    I received a price from Chevy Chase Acura of $32,700 for the base model and $35,119 for the Touring model (both prices include destination). Rosenthal was not competitive here, as they were asking $34,075 for the base model (which is dealer invoice). Criswell (of Annapolis) was $32,500 for the base model and $35,117 for the Touring. No one these days should be paying any more than $1,000 under dealer invoice! There is a huge glut of MDX's out there on dealer lots and they know the redesigned 07 model is lurking out there.

You can't go wrong with a base model at just $32,500! It would make no sense to buy a late model used MDX when new can be had for this price.
  • deo1959deo1959 Member Posts: 1
    I looked at this model over the weekend and will get a quote today. I asked for a quote on the demo we drove, it has 2800 miles. Can anyone give me an idea how much the car should be discouted for being "used"? I'll assume I could buy a "new" with this equip for around $39-40K. Thank!
  • slarkinsslarkins Member Posts: 3
    last Thursday, my wife and I went to McGrath Acura in Westmont to purchase the 2006 MDX with Nav. I did a fair amount of research on here an else where prior to walking into the dealer for the buy. I did the internet quote approach and hit all 11 or 12 dealers in the greater Chicago area. I thought I had an unbeatable price for $38K but McGrath offered to beat it by another $125 making my price $37,875 prior to TTL. All my online quotes came from every dealer but McGrath. I dealt with them directly.

Couldnt have been happier with the service at McGrath. They have definitely won my business for the next car which will be an acura as well

Oh and I LOVE this car....

Thanks for all the help.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Haven't been here in a while, but does anyone have any new info for the 07 MDX?
  • mayhermayher Member Posts: 41
    I just read earlier today that Acura will preview the 07 MDX at the upcoming New York auto show in April. Rumor is that it will look close to a larger version of the RDX that was introduced in Chgo. in Feb.
    I agree with slarkins ( post 3087). My wife and I also bought a new MDX premium/base from McGrath in Westmont on Saturday. I had shopped around through most of the area dealers. McGrath had the Desert Rock base in stock that my wife wanted ( her car ). I spoke with the salesman over the phone a few times. He told me that they would work with any other legimate price from another dealer. I had a price of 33k for the MDX (aprox $1,075 under invoice). I also traded my wifes current car in that other dealers had offered 8k for. After working with the McGrath salesman for about 20 mins they beat the total package price by about $1,200 and threw in a roof rack and all weather mats.

Very painless transaction, no pressure to buy additional options or packages.

FYI, Acura announced 2.9% money to qualified buyers last Friday to further sweeten the deal

My wife loves the car
  • jumbokenjumboken Member Posts: 3
    sorry replying late, been away for a while, the lower price quote I got was from Sussman Acura
  • slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    What was the offer from sussman? I am trying to get a deal with them and they are offering me the nav without RES for about 38500 or so.
    thanks
    sluri
  • slarkinsslarkins Member Posts: 3
    I have wanted to see what the iPod interface is like for the MDX and/or TL through the Nav system. I have heard there is a CD they provide you that you download to your iPod that allows the Nav system to communicate with your iPod.

Is the interface good or still very rough? I am hoping they have gotten it set up so the Nav screen actually shows menus like the iPod does so you can actaully pull up Artists and see Jimmy Buffett and Disturbed and who ever else. Or that you can see the actual song titles when you choose an artist.

Anyone have any info they can share on how this is currently?
  • gilvegasgilvegas Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I just purchased the MDX w/ Touring, Nav & Res and considered the ipod option. I searched the Internet for any adapter reviews and came across the following web sites with users' experiences that you may find useful:

nuxx.net - Honda Music Link iPod Adapter Review
    Honda Forums - Acura IPOD Integration

Personally, with over 18G of music covering 800 artists, I'm going to settle with a less-than-ideal fm transmitter and hope that the next generation adapter will quickly get me to a specific song for a given artist in a similar way the ipod does. Good luck and hope this helps!
    After much negotiating with numerous dealers as far away from Seattle as Spokane and Portland, our best offer was $38472.93 OTD (before TTL) from Portland.

Our local dealer who was first to show us and test drive the car wouldn't match that price (actually claimed that Portland lures people down there w/ these lower prices and then switches it- which I don't really believe, but who knows?). They also claimed that Oregon doesn't have a lemon law so if car ends up being unable to be repaired by dealer, you would be out of luck if bought in Oregon.

We ended up negotiating local dealer down to $38727 OTD (before tax and license), which for $250 seemed to beat driving down to Portland and possibly having the deal switched up at the last minute. We ended up signing on this deal w/ local dealer- who originally quoted us only above invoice. In total, purchase price was $400 below invoice + $35 document fee (no other fees- which was nice to see). So not the deal others on this forum around the country got, but at least we feel we got a "reasonable" price.

BTW- they claimed we couldn't qualify for the Acura 4.9% financing since the dealer had lowered their price (i.e. either take $1000 off (who knows which price- MSRP?) or get financing deal through Acura). We were ok w/ this as we got a comparable rate through credit union, but I wondered if this is actually true?

Thanks to all for the great help on this site! We should pick up our new MDX next week when it arrives. Total purchase = $38692 car price + $213.25 license fees + $3520.97 tax (9.1%) + $35 doc fee = $42.461.22 for Touring/Nav.
  • underradarunderradar Member Posts: 8
    I've been negotiating with a dealer for a 2006 MDX touring with NAV and DVD. The price was $41,500, which the dealer insisted was the invoice price. Edmunds says that the invoice price for that car is about $39,800, not including a $600 destination charge. When I pointed this out to the dealer, the response was that I couldn't use the Edmunds invoice price for comparison, since that price doesn't include a bunch of work that the dealer has to do to get the car ready (wasn't clear whether he was referring to "Dealer Prep" or something else).

Was I being fed a line? Doesn't invoice price mean invoice price?

Is $41,500 a fair price for the car?
    Invoice is invoice. Invoice for this model is $40442 including destination. If this dealer claims "invoice" includes their prices for prep, then he should itemize what those costs are. We had a dealer try to tag on $330 for dealer prep/ "shop bill", but then later dealer we bought from said those fees are included in their holdback from Acura. Call this dealer on the b.s. is what I would advise.
  • bostonmanbostonman Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up my new MDX in Boston. Price paid:
    Touring with Navigation, All Season Mats, Cargo Tray, Separation Net(for Dogs), lug nuts, and mud flaps=> $38,600. List price of options was $406 so base price was approx $38,200 (including Destination, but before TTL). I was pleased with the price. Asked bids via e-mail from four dealers, only two replied, both with a standard form letter response saying "come on in and we'll talk" and "we'll match any formal offer". Clearly no dealer wants to negotiate over e-mail or phone. I told dealer what I needed as a price before I came in, and if he met it, I would be in within the hour. We agreed on the price over the phone, I drove over, and signed contract, done deal. The car is great, wife loves it as a downsize from a Town and County. Advice: Know all your costs going in, assume little or no negotiation of dealer holdback, and full reduction of dealer incentive.
  • suvshopper7suvshopper7 Member Posts: 9
    Got one from Pohanka Chantilly - MDX Touring 34317 + TTL. Out the door 35707.
  • rkmamidi1rkmamidi1 Member Posts: 3
    I followed the sugestiosn given on this site and was offered my a internet manager at bell acura in Phoenix for a Acura Touring with Navi for 37,995 + approx. 12.5% ($4700 in taxes/fees/license). Is this a good price for OTD
  • bimplecalibimplecali Member Posts: 6
    i read the forums in this site....especially this discussion. saved a lot of money and i thank everybody that posted here for that. just got my black/ebony 2006 mdx touring with nav 3 days ago. i got mine at cerritos acura for 37,022 with destination and protection package (wheel locks and tray). :shades: what a deal!!! we added lojack, chrome side steps, and tailgate spoiler so we had to pick it up the next day but it was worth the wait. thanks again everybody! keep this discussion up! :D
  • thefan1thefan1 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a Black on Black 2006 MDX with Touring package.

I got a quote from Woodfield Acura in Chicago for 35,600. McGrath Acura in Westmont beats all prices by 5% so after showing them the email with the $35,600 price - they beat the discount amount by 5% or like $200 or so. McGraths first offre was $36,600 which is roughly invoice price. In the end, they beat invoice by around $1k.

Options for the MDX were discounted by 10%.

With side panels to resist dents($495) and cargo mat ($220 or so)both discounted by 10%, my final price was around $36,000 before tt&l.

McGrath was a pleasure to deal with and very professional.

Good luck!
    Does anyone know if Acura is continuing to give dealers cash back for selling 2006 MDX vehicles? In March, Corporate was giving their dealers $1,000 cash back when they sold an MDX (many dealers were passing this incentive along to the consumer).
    I bought a new MDX last month, and was told at the time that the incentive ended 4/3/06. I was also told that they thought it MIGHT be extended, but they would not know until that time.
  • mdx07mdx07 Member Posts: 1
    This is my contribution for all the good information I received from this site. After four days of emailing dealers in the Bay Area, I purchased an Aspen White Pearl 2006 MDX with Navigation from Stockton Acura just before the end of March. Price was $36,500. I added body side moldings for an additional $279. I also took advantage of the 2.9% at 36 months financing. I worked with the internet manager and she was very professional and honest.
    Wow .. what a great price! Why does CA seem to have the best prices in the country. The best deal I have been given on a Touring w/Navi is $37,419. Oh, and they said they could not offer the 2.9% financing at the same time as offering the vehicle for under dealer invoice. Have other people on the forum been given below dealer invoice pricing along with the 2.9% financing?
    Suvshopper7 ... did your price of $34,317 include destination? How can your out the door price be $35,707 (I'm assuming this number includes VA states sales tax, titling and registration. Please let me know here. Thanks in advance.
  • bimplecalibimplecali Member Posts: 6
    you're right....most of the lowest quotes that i have seen in this forum is in cali. maybe because acura has more buyers and dealers here so the competition is driving the prices down.
    i got mine for 37,022 thru the internet so you're deal is not bad....maybe it will go down more this summer beacuse of the release of the rdx and the redesign of the mdx this fall.
    i paid cash for mine but they did offer me the promotional financing so i think the dealer you talked to was just trying to make money.
    We were told the same thing (see my post #3096) by dealer we purchased from last week- that we were not eligible for discounted price and low financing through honda/acura. We were unsure if this was really true but didn't push it since we ended up with another option that worked as well for us (longer lease w/ no payoff penalty).
    Yes, I bought a new MDX in the Chgo. area 2 weeks ago. At the time I was originally quoted a price of $700 under invoice. When I discussed this with the salesman, he stated that we would qualify for the 2.9% if we had a credit score of 720 or better. Ended up getting a better price on the MDX, and traded in my wife's old car for more than Blue Book. That saved us on tax, and yes we did qualify for the 2.9%. My wife loves her new car.
  • suvshopper7suvshopper7 Member Posts: 9
    Yes, it did include destination ($34,317). The sale price of the vehicle was $2,300 below invoice. They offered $2,000 below invoice and told me they'll never go lower than that. When I told them I'll think about it, they called me 1 hour later agreeing to my price. We did it on the 31st of March though, so there may have been extra pressure to sell more vehicles on that day.
  • ec123ec123 Member Posts: 12
    Hey everyone,

Just when I was kicking myself for "missing the boat" on the dealer cash incentive, it looks like the incentive has been extended (according to Edmunds) until May 1st. This time it clearly states that the cash back cannot be combined with the ongoing financing promotion (don't know if it said this last month or not).

Marketing Support
    $1000 Cash to Dealer start: 04/04/2006 end: 05/01/2006
    Restrictions $1000 Dealer Cash may not be combined with 2.9% to 4.9% APR.
    Comments Incentives may vary; see your local dealer for details.

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?styleid=100650684&popuppage=o- - n
    Why does it seem that people on the east and west coasts are able to get MUCH better deals than us in Chicago?

For example, post #3112 says that Mike was able to get his dealer to $2,000 below invoice and then eventually to $2,300 under invoice!

The best deal on an '06 MDX with navi so far that I've seen in Chicago is in post #3087 ($37,875), a measly $1217 under invoice. A guy in NY in another forum says he bought the same car for $2025 under invoice ($37,067).

Can someone shed some light on this? Does it make sense for me to go to NY or Cali to buy my car?? :-) Looking to purchase within the next month...could use any help you can provide!
  • thefan1thefan1 Member Posts: 2
    SAVE YOURSELF MONEY!!!

DO NOT BUY ANY MDX OPTIONS WHEN YOU BUY THE CAR!

The dealer will try to rip you off. You can walk right over to the service department and ask them what it costs to add the options to the MDX. It will be cheaper than what the dealer will charge off the price list.

For example - a tray liner in the back will cost $220 if you order with your new car. You can walk over to the service department and they will charge you like $140. If you install it yourself (how hard is that?) it will cost like $120.

All the options are much cheaper to get directly from the service department.

For even cheaper deals, search the web - many Acura dealers sell them on the web for much cheaper prices and you can install yourself.

Dealer options at time of sale are the biggest rip off in the business.

I learned this after adding two of them to my MDX and I'm going to call the dealer here in Chicago and give them a stern talking to over the matter.
  • krokgenokrokgeno Member Posts: 2
    I shopped around in Chicago area for 2006 MDX Touring with NAV. The best I was offered was $38,200 includes destination and protection package (floor mats, side moldings, log nuts). Is this a good price? I am thinking to ask dealer to throw side steps for this price. Is this possible?

Thanks
    Krokgeno,

The best price I've been able to get so far is $37,600 for the car and the dealer says protection is $450. I'd be surprised if they would just throw in the side steps for you. Please let me know because that would be quite a deal (at least for the Chicago area)
  • abc9abc9 Member Posts: 1
    I'm plannning to buy an Acura MDX premium model. I would like to know pricing and recent buys\experiences in NJ for this model. The best quote that I got is $32,995.
    I keep going back and forth between two dealers and the lowest price I've received so far is $37,300 for an MDX with nav.

My salesman told me to just get the wheel locks and all weather mats online. The bodyside moldings I might let the dealer do, because I don't have the time or the patience to do it myself.

Will be purchasing on Saturday, so I'll let you know if I'm able to squeeze a little more out at the bargaining table (so far all my work has been done over the phone).
  • 97edwardc97edwardc Member Posts: 13
    If you can wait, I'd encourage you to delay your purchase until the end of the month. Due to bonuses tied to monthly sales objectives, etc., dealers are often more willing to make a deal on or near the last day of the month. Also e-mail a couple other dealers in your area as the month draws to a close saying you're ready to buy and telling them exactly what you want and that whoever offers the lowest price will get the deal; you may get a surprisingly low offer. You can find the dealer's internet manager contact info at acura.com.

Also, the price you were quoted on the protection package is not very good. Just go to www.hondacuraworld.com and you'll get the cargo mat, all weather mats, and wheel locks for a lot less delivered (think about $150-200 less). Better yet, ask for dealers to quote their best price including this option if they want your business. That's what I did, and here in Northern California I was quoted about $38.2k for Touring/Nav/DVD at the end of February, plus about $250 or $275 for the protection package.
  • jd2010jd2010 Member Posts: 3
    Hi abc9,

Which dealer gave you base quote of $32,995 and did it include destination charges of $615.

Thanks a lot
  • krokgenokrokgeno Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my 2006 MDX Touring with Nav for $38,200 with protection package(side molding, all weather mats, and log nuts)at Libertyville Acura (Chicago
    They didn't really want to work with me on the side steps so I decided to put it in myself.
    Wrote up all the paperwork for my MDX Touring with NAV last night, and was able to get it for $37,100 because the dealer had a crazy surplus of them. Charged me $282 for the bodyside moldings, the rest I'm going to buy online. Thanks to everyone for the help!!!

I think that better deals will come next month and in June as the total MDX inventory swells. Unfortunately, prior to selling my wife's car I didn't anticipate being a one-car family would be so inconvenient...so we had to purchase sooner rather than later. :)
  • jonsjons Member Posts: 7
    Jaymo-

What dealership did you buy from in the Seattle area? We are in Bellingham, without an Acura dealer here. I was prepared to go to SF to get a deal, but with the price you report for a touring with Nav I would buy local. Please advise which dealer in Seattle area you had success with.

Jon
  • brooklyn4brooklyn4 Member Posts: 3
    How does the $1000 Dealer Cash affect the purchase price of the car if I don't finance. Could I negotiate with the dealer for some or all of the $1000?
  • srj1srj1 Member Posts: 5
    I got a quote for MDX with Nav/DVD/Touring package for
    $38142 without taxes and registration which is like $2200
    below invoice. The catch is if the dealer gives $2200 below invoice, I will not be offered the 2.9% interest rate

Is there any better deals in Bayarea, CA ?

srj
  • konabrizkonabriz Member Posts: 1
    srj1
    I am also in the bay area - which dealer did you get your price from?
    The best price I have received for the same options is $39100

Thanks
  • srj1srj1 Member Posts: 5
    acura of Stevenscreek.

Also I see that Stockton acura is giving even better deal. Post me what was your anlysis so that we could sync up on
    the deals. Also do not get any accessories, There are better places to get www.hondacuraworld.com has evry accesory 2-40% lesser.

srj1
  • josheeljosheel Member Posts: 73
    What options where on the mdx with the price 39100? thanks
  • josheeljosheel Member Posts: 73
    What was the price you ended up with in az.