Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bugatibugati Member Posts: 14
    1. Price: $46,055 with body side moldings, roof rails and sport running boards...=> probably just a so so deal.

2. Sport model:
    Dealers have very few sport model (b/c Acura doesn't make them a lot ?... or b/c not a lot people buy it ?.. or both..?.)...
    => Supply is limited… so that probably explains for… “hard to find”

3. NJ Luxury tax:
    [Unconfirmed Info] I read from somewhere… someone said that.... for NJ… when buying a car... if the purchase price is over 45K.... you have to pay extra luxury tax?

If so... purchase accessories separate…to save some $ from the lux tax…

You should check with the dealer?
  • kdfdawgkdfdawg Member Posts: 2
    bugati,

thanks for the feedback. i wasn't jumping out and down when i got this price quoted to me either. i was shooting for 45,300. invoice on the sport/ent being 44,302, i factored in 1000 for the accessories. if i work the dealer i'm guessing i can get them to drop it down a couple hundred to get more in line with the price i want to pay. but again, the color combo might be the deal breaker.

thanks again for your input
  • bugatibugati Member Posts: 14
    History: Previous generation MDX were hot cakes... dealers sold them at full MSRP for several years...

Present: 2008 is the second year model of the new generation... => invoice price.... I think is a pretty good deal....

As of 02/12/2008... Acura doesn't have any rebate or incentive for MDX....

“room to negotiate more” ... It means you are trying to get into the dealer’s "holdback kingdom"… :-) … I don’t think it will be easy… but if you have time … why not give it a try… they may give you some…. to help them clear the lot… (Note: Acura January sale is down about 14%)

To avoid inflated doc fee and mystery fees => ask for the OTD quote
  • harmstrongharmstrong Member Posts: 13
    Well as of this morning I have gotten 2 emails and a phone call from the dealers wanting my dollars but at 42,500 it is still too much I told one to throw in the extras I was looking for such as sport running boards and side moldings,what the hey they just bolt on and stick on how hard can it be?
    One says at 42,500 that's the price the other one says we'll see and the other says come on in.
    Now I'm enjoying the action I am creating rather than haggle to no end every week it seems the price is coming down in our favor.

People be aware that the side moldings only cost 120 dollars at the most and the running boards 418 I saw on Ebay the dealers are making their money back by selling this to you at inflated cost.
  • sdginz13sdginz13 Member Posts: 7
    Purchased a 2008 Tech/Ent in Illinois over the weekend. Just about every dealer was offering invoice ($42,397). I also added running boards ($650), Body side mouldings ($238) and winter mats $120. I think I got a good price.

They may have made a little $$ on the accesories, but I certainly wasnt gouged.
  • wcd1wcd1 Member Posts: 15
    What is your target price? I'm planning to order the accessories and install them myself. The inflated labor quotes are ridiculous.
  • jackal4evajackal4eva Member Posts: 1
    fyi, got an email about a presidents week promotion that had 2.9% for up to 60 months on any model in stock...
  • mylegsmylegs Member Posts: 4
    Is this official? What dealership in what state is offering this?
  • mylegsmylegs Member Posts: 4
    Paying $40699+618 for sport running boards. Cargo tray/all weather mats included. Matched Bernardi warranty price. Aspen White Pearl/Taupe Tech. Bought our TL from Sterling Acura Austin too, good service. Gave me what I considered a very fair price on my trade (which had to have had the WORST paint job and windshield ever. Hopefully the MDX will be better.

Prob. could have done better, but would have had to spend $$$ on gas to get there.
    Hello WCD:
    My target price is around 42000 Plus or minus. I would rather them go lower but I doubt it will happen.
    I also will buy and install myself when the time arrives as I have all the tools at my disposal why not?
    They are offering me a good trade for my car but still it is only moving the price from one page to another.
    right now they are at 42500 so we'll see tomorrows batch of emails will arrive and then we'll see. i'd much rather wait until Spring as today's weather is awful.

Let me know we can get together and buy at the same time and get a better deal on two then we could ever get on one..? what do you think>?
    My target is the same. Sure if we can get a deal on two I'm in. I prefer a black tech/ent but will also go with Billet Silver depending on stock. Feel free to use that as a bargaining chip it it helps. Did you bring in your vehicle and have it appraised? I've received some decent trade in values via email and am concerned that I'll get the "Now that we have seen it" routine when I get there.
  • danil34danil34 Member Posts: 11
    Just picked up 08 mdx tech enteraiment from Acura peoria, Arizona
    option added are tint, door guard, mats, wheel lock, roof rail and towing package.
    paid $44550.

is that a good deal?
  • danil34danil34 Member Posts: 11
    Seems like from all 3 dealers in Phoenix, AZ i have contacted, all dealers have $300 advertising fee listed on the invoice.
  • thuffthuff Member Posts: 1
    Hello all. This is my 1st time considering the MDX. I must say, I love it and will buy one. I travel approx. 30k a year. Do you think I should upgrade to the sport model? Is it worth it. By the posts I have read, if the MSRP is $47,995 and invoice is $43,587, I should expect to pay around $46,000. This seems high to me since Acura has a profit margin of 10%. Is it because they don't have a dealer on every street corner? I am a single woman, and I know that I can be looked at as easy bait! I will take any advice you all have. I am in Charlotte, NC if that matters. Thanks
    Hello WCD
    We are also looking for black on black tech Entertainment as really wanted Blue on black but no one has it. I haven't brought my car to have them see it.
    I told them Kbb says it is in the good range of 3800 so i told them 3500 and won't go a penny below.
    I have used the angle of buying two and one dealer Prime is working on it so they told me..
    I brought the car to Herb Connolly and they were going to offerus more toward a 2006 we were going to buy. I brought the car to Acura Peabody and they first were going to give 1500 then sales slob went back and ok we can give you 2500 after us waiting for the typical "I have to ask my manager routine".
    Now I told Acura Boston and Prime it is worth 3500 all day long.
    and they said oh ok.
    But before i go to finally sign I will make them send me a fax agreement to show all of the costs before we walk through the door. That i have a firm offer without bringing the car and then have them say now that we have seen it deal"/
    Hello You should pay what you want to pay. I mean since you are a woman the dealer will probably take advantage of you. I know this sounds biased but in this industry they try to push things over on you since they figure"what is she going to know".
    One example the sales rep was telling my wife he couldn't go lower than the 300 dollars that he said .I got up and went to the sales mnger and it was no problem. My wife was really upset by that.I could clearly see their tactics by sitting and listening to their crap.

I would try going to different dealers and getting their best price through the internet first as it has worked in my favor. Now the dealers are calling me and the price has now come down over a thousand dollars from what they said was bottom line.!
    The other thing i will make you aware of is that the Sport package has the expensive shock system and if you intend to keep this vehicle beyond warranty repairs will be costly.
    That's why for ourselves have decided on the tech rather than sport.
    Not trying to dissuade you from your purchase but telling the fact.
    good luck.
    Thanks harmstrong.

I'm also working the two car angle and will keep you posted.
    Hey WCD
    I called the sales mgr today and got a price as I told him 2 car deal well.
    Please email me at hyearm1@yahoo.com
    41990 ..it may get even better when we both show up.
    I can confirm that is in fact true. 2.9% for 60 months starts tomorrow.
  • ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    Is that nationwide or regional? Do you know the expiration, i.e. just for 4 days or a longer program? Finally, does that cancel out the $2k factory to dealer cash on the TL? A TL at invoice less $2k at 2.9% for 60 months would be an attractive proposition; then again, so would an MDX Tech even at invoice..
  • frank08frank08 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Harmstrong and WCD,

Congratulations to you guys. Even I haven't step into water yet, I like to see buyers feel stronger like you to play this in car dealers' market, win a better deal, and buy a happy ending. Best wishes to you two!

Is that 41990 OTD or they will add fees later? Any accessories you guys going throw in? Where you get that 2.9% 60 months policy? Please keep me posted when you guys reach the final deal. My email is ffengf@yahoo.com I may follow up later.
    Thanks frank but by no means is this a done deal. The 41,900 is not OTD. There will be a document fee and of course sales tax and plates. I will post final numbers once I close the deal.

I do not have any information on the 2.9% rate other than it starts tomorrow in MA. All of the MA dealers are offering the rate.

I'm planning to install all of the accessories myself.
  • hakalothakalot Member Posts: 2
    Could someone tell me how much they paid for a 2008 MDX with Tech/Entertainment package in the Los Angeles/Ventura area. I called Acura 101 in Calabasas and the salesman was arrogant stated that they sell only for MSRP for 46K. I couldn't put with that annoying discussion, I pretty much dropped the line.

This is my first post so please forgive me if this information is elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
  • jerseyshopjerseyshop Member Posts: 17
    can you link to something where I could print this out to bring in? Im not finding it on the Acura website. Thanks!
    hi, can't find it on the Acura website anywhere ... is that nationwide, or where? On cars on-site already only??? Thanks!!
  • u045777u045777 Member Posts: 33
    For Tech with Ent I found Glendale Acura with the best internet price below $43K Also accessories at very close to dealer cost. They were great to talk to with no sales pressure or games of any kind.
    Keys Van Nuys was willing to match the price but tried to charge more on the dealer installed accessories and were very high pressure.
  • mgweir21mgweir21 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone about to buy an Acura of any kind or even better a MDX in the greater Sacramento, CA area? I'm about to buy a MDX and would like the buying power of two people, as others have used in the past.... email me at mgweir@hotmail.com if you are within a month away from purchasing a new Acura.

Thanks
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Member Posts: 268
    Until you see a promotion advertised in print or on TV, radio, etc, I would take the whole "2.9%" thing with a giant helping of salt.... after all, you heard about it on the Internet.
    I got 2.9% for 60 months today. Call your dealer and ask.
  • wjzwjz Member Posts: 3
    Be careful to buy MDX. I bought one a couple months ago in Bellevue Washington. The car has been back to the dealer shop multiple times for multiple defects. Defected mirror, defected gus door, defected steering wheel and defected roof molding. Last weekend, the roof rack cap flew away while driving on highway. unacceptable for a brand-new luxury car. Think twice and compared other model before you buy MDX.
  • wjzwjz Member Posts: 3
    I bought MDX two months ago. Having multiple defects. Consider other model before you buy MDX.
  • sacramentojattsacramentojatt Member Posts: 3
    hey kumar what the out door price u paid with everything included ..did u have any upgrade if u can please send me the quote they sent u. i would be realy apprecrate thanks..my email address is inder0916@gmail.com
  • mgweir21mgweir21 Member Posts: 2
    SacramentoJATT, let me knwo what you guys come up with, I'm about to buy in Sacramento Area too. mgweir@hotmail.com

Thanks

Michael
  • alusakalusak Member Posts: 2
    Greetings!
    This forum helps me a lot in purchasing my MDX. Yesterday me & my friend bought two vehicles from Pohanka Acura (Chantilly, VA). Here are the vehicles we requested:

My Car: Acura 2008 MDX Technology w/Entertainment
    Color Requested: Nimbus Gray Metallic/Taupe Leather
    Accessories Requested: Roof Rails (w/o cross bars); Running Boards;

My Friend's Car: Acura 2008 MDX Technology w/Entertainment
    Color Requested: Dark Cherry Pearl/Ebony Leather
    Accessories Requested: Roof Rails (w/o cross bars); Running Boards;

The final price we got is $44,300 OTD (including accessories + Tax + Tag + any other fees).Last night I paid the advance and today i am planning to complete the paper work. They offer me 2.9 APR for 60 months.

I believe, i made a good deal. What do you guys say?
    If you want sales person name please email me sunilkag at gmail dot com

Thanks,
    Sunil
  • mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    Help me out. Can you itemize the deal you got? Ddid they tell you aboutt he 2.9% for 60 months? Was it a dealer financing or was it through Acura?

What is the taxes in VA. I am in Md close to Va, can you tell me who you spoke to?
    What extra fees did Pohanka try to get in the deal?

Thanks
    Mtairyordge
    The 2.9% finance rate is through American Honda Finance Corp and is only available through the weekend. You can call them directly to confirm it. I finalized my deal today. Sale price for Black on Black Tech/Ent was 41,900 with and OTD for me of 43,309 (Sales tak adjusted to trade-in). 2.9% for 60 months
    Stopped into two seperate Acura dealers today to inquire about any finance deals or promotions going on. While I didn't talk to the finance manager I was told that the current deal is 2.9% on 36 month loans only, 3.9% on 48 months or 4.9% on 60 months.

I was told in both cases that there was absolutely no 2.9% deal for 60 months now or anytime in the past on the newer model MDX.

This was in the Denver, Colorado area.
    I can't imagine why but it must be regional.
  • bujji1bujji1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Sunil,
    I sent you an email requesting the name of the sales rep just in case it went to to spam. if you didn't get my earlier email could you please send me the name to bujji1 at gmail dot com

Thanks
  • mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    I found out that the 2.9% is good through Feb 24. Can you tell me where you got your deal from and the contact.

Did you get any accessories?
    Contact me at (Mtairyordge at yahoo dot com).

thanks
  • tamparobtamparob Member Posts: 4
    The 2.9 was available in the Central Florida areas when I bought mine on the 9th..
    FYI..
    DEALER cost on those 19" latitudes in Fl (I am in the tire and rim business) is 226. Nice chrome 19's, like the ones that the dealers here are using are about 190-210 each, whole package costs dealer about 1800.. Less $1000 for OE wheels, SHOULD cost you a net of 800, plus dealer profit!..
  • yes22yes22 Member Posts: 6
    Yesterday, I first stopped by Bridgewater Acura, and waited almost an hour and didn't get a sales advisor. I left even I drove a long way there.

I then went to Open Road, and they gave me a ridiculous price on my trade in, at least $5K less Edmunds' trade-in value.

Anyway, the best quote I got so far is $42000 plus tax.

I was told that the 2.9% up to 60 months ends on the 24th.

Good luck all! Please provide your experience as well.
  • cocarguycocarguy Member Posts: 1
    impage2

I am in Denver as well and no dealer in the area had knowledge of this 2.9%/60 deal. It's frustrating right now here. I am ready to move on an 08 MDX with Tech/Ent and dealers don't want to seem to discount much here. Have you had any luck with discount pricing?

Any other experiences in Colorado?
    Thanks
    I have talked to both Courtesy Acura and Mile High Acura and both want nearly full MSRP on their cars. They both claim that the cars are selling extremely well, although you couldn't tell by the amount of inventory they have on hand.

I have a contact at Honda corporate in L.A. and he might be able to get me a contact who can assist in getting the car for invoice price.

Alternatively I get VPP pricing from Nissan/Infiniti and will simply get my wife a loaded new Murano for invoice price.

In my opinion the MDX is due for a major features overhaul and isn't worth a penny more than invoice price at this time.
    We got it! On a deal we'd already made but not picked up the car yet!
    hey, you are in my area. We had a good experience at Springfield Acura and got 2.9% for 60 months. Good luck.

Don't know about tradeins as we did not have one.
    What features are you referring to? One of the main selling points for me is that the technology seems best in class.
  • dakineguydakineguy Member Posts: 46
    u045777, can you provide details of what you got from Glendale Acura? I'm located in Orange County and am looking to buy in the next 2 or 3 months for a Tech/Entertainment. Were you able to get the color that you wanted or was it something off their lot inventory? Please fwd to kawika0424@hotmail.com
    Wiz,
    I would assume that you meant GAS cap, not Gus cap..? Also, remember, the roof racks, etc. are dealer options, not from the factory