Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jdebskijdebski Member Posts: 1
    Just leased MDX touring for $545/48mo
    with $0 down in NJ.
  • dbehrensdbehrens Member Posts: 3
    I just ordered a 03 Midnight Blue/Saddle Base MDX from Modesto Acura for MSRP + State Tax and License NO forced options for delivery in Oct/Nov. (The internet manager was happy to drop the $45 doc fee).

I shopped Bay area and Sac dealers only to find the best deal closest to home. Several dealers have 02's on lot for 2-4K over MSRP and/or 2-5k in options and little movement on price. Please, give me a break. On the other hand Neillo in Sac. and Hopkins in Bay area sell for MSRP, no forced options and were very nice, honest and responsive to my inquiries, but have 3-6 month wait lists for an 03.

For anyone in Northern/Central California, Modesto Acura is the safe harbor in a sea of bad dealers. I talked to the internet manager Steve for 10 min and he took my deposit over the phone. My purchase was quick and painless, just the way it should be.
  • bz48bz48 Member Posts: 3
    Just leased 2002 MDX Touring w/o navi for $540/48 month from Ryan's Open Road Acura in East Brunswick, NJ. Fender flares, rear mud guards and side steps added another $28/month.

Good experience. Painless. No BS.
  • varadavarada Member Posts: 3
    Pretty much every dealer in the Seattle area wants to markup the price by 2K over MSRP. Any suggestions?
    - Varada
  • michailee1michailee1 Member Posts: 3
    just bought a silver 02 in OKC for 38,500. It has the touring package and I added the hitch,rear mud guards, body side molding and all the interior wood. They even threw in the slush mats for winter.
  • dabeedabee Member Posts: 2
    The lease on my ford expedition is FINALLY up mid December-- test drove the MDX touring and loved it. Any advice on--

when should I begin the dealer deposit thing in So. Ca.? is it really true that there's no scheduled maintenance for 100k miles as dealer says? And, which MDX (touring or regular) did you choose, why, and would you do it again??
  • wmquanwmquan Member Posts: 1,817
    Whoa, the dealer was either misleading you or you may have misunderstood. The MDX does not need a _tune-up) for 100k miles, but it most definitely needs regularly scheduled maintenance! And, in fact, more so than, say, an ML320 where scheduled maintenance intervals are longer and it is free for four years/50k miles (whichever comes first).

Quite a few engines don't require a tune-up for 100k miles nowadays.

Lots of debate on touring vs. base. Generally, the items in the touring don't individually offset the price increment. That said, the touring has some features that some buyers (some) require, so it's a personal buying decision.
  • wwoertewwoerte Member Posts: 4
    I shopped my local dealer and they had a 1K markup and lots of add-ons on the few they had available. It seemed that they thought they didn't need to deal. So we walked away.

I then faxed about 15 different Acura dealers in the So Calif area telling them I wanted a base model with no add-ons for MSRP. I got a few bites and was just about to put a deposit on one that was due to come in in about a week.

My local dealer(University Acura)called me the same day I was faxing the paperwork to the so cal dealership and offered me a base model w/navigation for msrp. It had just arrived and still had the plastic wrap on it. We got the base w/nav and had a tow pkg and roof rack added for a total of $37980. They even financed us at 5%.
  • kennyinmdkennyinmd Member Posts: 18
    I am new here and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between the 2002 and 2003 MDX. Also how much price difference will it be?
  • rerenov8rrerenov8r Member Posts: 380
    Speculation is that Acura cannot afford much of an increase. Too many competitors nipping at them and too much potential bad press if they escalte prices based on just features & minor details while the Accord is all new with very very small price increase -- a few percentage points.

Changes that are all but certain include more power, new transmission, electonic stability control, new colors & wheel styles. New options have been listed including XM radio, RES, reverse monitor. Much speculation about HIDs.

A week or so and official releases will be posted.
    Bottome line -- it does NOT make sense to pay MSRP for a 2002 with substantial changes due in month or less. Even if you want NAV (which becuase of changes will not be available until Novemeber production) you are better off waiting UNLESS you do not see the value in the Touring pckage which becomes a 'must take' to get Nav in 03...
  • nm2nm2 Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone here purchased/ordered an MDX from the Precision Acura dealership in Princeton?

If so, how much & did you get any deal on the accessories?

Thanks in advance!
  • yungtunyangyungtunyang Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone here purchased/ordered an MDX from the Northern Virginia (DC area) Acura dealership?
    price and experiences?

Thanks!
  • cindilcindil Member Posts: 18
    I just sold my car and I am driving my husbands since he has a company car. I have been test driving for a few months and have narrowed my decision down to the Toyota Sequoia or the Acura MDX. Where I live there are a few 02 SR5's left and I think I can get them at invoice, whereas the MDX, I believe is still going at MSRP here. Does anyone have any helpful tidbits in helping me make this decision? I have never bought a new car before, we normally buy used, however with both being only out since 01 and they want $34K+ for one that has at least 20K miles on it, it is better to buy new.....
  • sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    Any word on what the MSRP will be for the new 2003 MDX? I haven't seen anything yet.
    Acura claims they will "let the world know of things no mortal should comprehend" on September 30.

I'm keeping my finger crossed that they relent sooner.

;)
  • bz48bz48 Member Posts: 3
    I've been using this dealership for 11 years ('91 Legend, '98 TL, '01 TL) and wound up leasing my 2002 MDX HB Tourng/no navi from Ryan's Open Road Acura in East Brunswick.

While Precision's 48 month lease price was the same as Open Road's (both based on MSRP), Open Road actually gave me check for $1,006 to make last two lease payments on my 2000 Toyota 4Runner and delivered the vehicle to my house.

While I like Precision Acura (my wife's 2001 TL is leased through them), my sales rep said that if the Open Road deal was for real, to run to it because he could not touch it.

If you want to speak with a knowledgeable rep at Precsion, ask for Barry Mason. He's always been easy to deal with and has a really good handle on all Acura models. I'm not sure how flexible dealer's will be with 2003 MDX. I consider myself lucky to have gotten $1000+ back. Most recent MDX buyers have had to pay MSRP or MSRP+.

Good luck.
  • nc4nc4 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to buy an MDX next week and the dealer sent an intial quote (no bells or whistles):

Base MSRP including Destination: $35,200.00

DISCOUNTED PRICE: $34,700.00

NC Tax: $1,041.00
    Documentation: $298.00
    Registration/Title: $61.00

Total Value: $36,100.00*

I realize this does not include any accesories, but it seems like a good start. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thx
    $34,700 is the base MSRP...decent deal, but nothing special. Documentation seems high? See if they will throw in wheel locks and mud guards for the MSRP price.
  • nc4nc4 Member Posts: 3
    Dealer offered to include Alloy Wheel Locks, Splash Guards, & Cargo Liner at no extra charge.

Thx for the advice!
  • kai_mingkai_ming Member Posts: 33
    nc4,

Is the price for 02 mdx?
    I would buy the truck. You might be able to find someone willing to give you a slightly better deal, especially as orders for the '03 come in, however, I think that the few hundred you might save is not worth getting it now. Try virtualbank.com...I almost used them, until Acura came back and beat them with a lower rate...it is a good idea to shop your loan around, the better rate will make up for the hundred or so over a 5 year term.
  • will4271will4271 Member Posts: 187
    You can also try peoplefirst.com (see their posts on here...Edmunds.com). They are very competitive.
    (I might use them)

Another site profiling the best loans is:

www.bankrate.com
  • jebivjebiv Member Posts: 7
    Her are some of the differences between the 2002 and 2003 from the Acura website.

Apparently the price is $1000 more for the 2003's

The 2003 MDX dials up the performance, with an additional 20 horsepower, more torque, quicker 0-60 acceleration, and the surer footing of Vehicle Stability Assist. And that's not all. Drawing yet again on the latest technology, the 2003 MDX offers its occupants unprecedented alternatives in entertainment, comfort and safety.

- i.e. optional DVD system
  • jebivjebiv Member Posts: 7
    I saw a post for about $540 per month on a 48 month lease for the touring model.

Any numbers on the 2003's with touring package?

If not, lease prices for 2002 touring models would be helpful. My dealer is telling me abound $600 per month and that seems high.

Thanks.
  • lindsayslindsays Member Posts: 3
    I just ordered my 2003 MDX Touring with Navigation and DVD system. It won't be built until December, to be delivered in Jan. (because of the new navi. system for 2003 with voice activation and rear view camera) In the DC area (Pohanka Acura) I paid $42,500 (exactly MSRP). Won't know exact lease numbers until car gets here and they evaluate my TL-S trade in.
  • wdc888wdc888 Member Posts: 3
    No doubt that lots people think MDX worth the price dealer's asking and are willing to pay sticker price. My rich real estate agent friend paid MSRP and waited 4 months to get his '02 with touring w/nav. He is a gifted negotiator but he knew if he started talking down price, the salesman would simply ignore him then say next please. He bought it from Rosenthal Acura in Rockville, MD.

Find a pre-owned MDX will be you best bet to get a deal. The only problem is that not many are on the market. I searched a 400mi radius on cars.com, found only 77 used '01 and '02 MDX for sale. However if you keep looking luck would strike. I bought a '02 touring w/o nav 15kmi on the odometer for an unbelivable price. After driving it for a few days I understood why so many people want MDX at MSRP. It's a terrific truck. My wife drove the MDX for one day and handed her '00 E320 to me the next day. It just feels so right behind the wheel of MDX.
  • ancutzaancutza Member Posts: 1
    Hi, there.
    I just went by the Acura dealer today and test- drove the MDX. I absolutely love it. Since this would be my first experience with buying directly from a dealer, I would like to know how it works. How much did any other 2003 MDX owner had to really pay in comparison with the MSRP? I would really appreciate some messages back.
    Thank you.
  • ibc1ibc1 Member Posts: 1
    I live in the Washington suburbs also, and I just bought a Pre-Owned MDX also. I would like to know what was your unbelievable price.

Thanks
  • elarsonelarson Member Posts: 2
    I just ordered 03 w/ nav and DVD and running boards for MSRP of $43,325. They marked up the running boards a little to $835. It will come in Dec. My lease rate is $569/mo with $2500 total out of pocket. 36 month came to $649
    Most of the used MDXs I've seen in Illinois have been for CANADIAN registration ONLY --

That can easily be seen in the vin # that 6th number over from the right should be a 5 on US legal MDX's. This is instead a # 0 or 1 on Canadian models. Now its just the opposite with the TL's RL's etc. Canadian MDX's lose all warranties and recalls when sold out of Canada to the USA. Further, you can't even get a Canadian dealer to perform factory compensated warranty work/recalls, as the "limitations
    section" in the Acura warranty specifically states that the owner must be a Canadian resident.

I guess Acura REALLY does not any "grey market" MDXes crossing the ownership (and cost savings) border!
  • wdc888wdc888 Member Posts: 3
    Email me your price and I'll email you mine.
    [email protected]
  • gold49gold49 Member Posts: 23
    Thinking of putting a deposit down in the NJ area on a navi-Dvd '03, to be deliver beginning of new year. However, I've come across many dealerships that currently have in-stock vehicles that they are selling for exactly MSRP. And this is more than just one dealership- three have given me the opportunity to drive off with a Touring edition at MSRP in my color (black) in the past week. Since I've been looking at the MDX for over 6 months, this is the first time more than one dealership has had in-stock cars ready to go at MSRP. Either they were charging a premium, or someone backed off their deposit upon delivery.

So....is the next step a discount off of MSRP? When the XC90 is on the road, the new Lexus, etc., doesn't it stand to reason that supply would catch up to demand? I know the MDX is very reasonably stickered, but any chance to purchase below that number would seem to make this a no-brainer. Any thoughts????
    I would cancel the boards and put them on yourself. They cost me $389 from hondaacuraworld and took only a saturday afternoon to install. I don't know how/if that will effect a lease?
  • bubbarrwbubbarrw Member Posts: 1
    Want to know what others are paying to the Pac NW.
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    MSRP+, if you can find it at sticker, it's a deal.
  • 01r101r1 Member Posts: 280
    Ron Tonkin Acura in Portland, MSRP. They told me I'd have to wait until late December for delivery.
    I just ordered mines from Tim...I should receive it next week sometime.

I'll fill you'll in the installation. From the papers, it doesn't seem that hard. But there are lots of screws.
  • mhenderson1mhenderson1 Member Posts: 164
    I'm about to negotiate for a 2002 MDX-touring w/o navigation. It has 6K miles. What would be a target price to negotiate for ?
  • brwndoggybrwndoggy Member Posts: 41
    02's should be going for 2-3k below msrp by now if any are left...

the 03's are much better cars btw imo. I bought an 03 after passing by on a 02. Thought it wasn't 'tight' enough. The 03 is!
    I got mine with about $500 in options (side panel, mats, pet div). My worst purchase in terms of disount but I'm glad I'll be able to sell it in a few years for a hybrid and reduce my wastefull ways (poor mpg).

:)
    I found it was the most expensive vehicle that I ever brought also. I always had paid only invoice for my Honda, Toyota, others but this one broke my rule.

I hope it lasts as long as it costs in terms of getting your money worth.
  • lewis3lewis3 Member Posts: 25
    I too paid MSRP but I got the cargo cover thrown in for free. To make you all feel better I paid MSRP for my Acura TL in 99 which was about 28,500. I got 17,500 for my trade in and it had 58,000 miles. 61% trade in value after 4 years and 58,000 miles is great. I am hoping for the same when I trade in this MDX.
  • miksmiks Member Posts: 33
    I ordered mine 03 MDX touring w/navi, cargo liner (have dogs so I needed the cloth one not the all weather mat), side steps, body side molding mats, locking lugs (protection package). Total with delivery charges 41446.50. Does this reasonable?
    Has anyone seen the sage brush pearl w/ quartz interior? I am really concerned about how the quartz interior will look since that is what I ordered. Thanks , Miks
  • varadavarada Member Posts: 3
    Just ordered my '03 MDX for MSRP - $300 here at Acuara of Bellevue, WA. Ask for Timothy Leo - he was friendly and also threw a cargo liner for us. Now it is waiting time for the vehicle.
    I'm not sure about your area regarding market price for the MDX. But at $41K, it's should be a great price if you got all those goodies thrown in.

I paid for side steps and installed them myself (very simple but you will need a racket, wrench) for about $400, plus BSM for $112 from Hondaacuraworld.com. But again, I live in a high demand area for MDXs in the SF Bay Area. My dealer had give me that $100 cargo tray and $35 wheel locks (using Hondaacuraworld.com pricing) for free.

I heard some dealers would throw in more gifts and some almost none.
  • mhiggins2000mhiggins2000 Member Posts: 17
    Hey Will-

What dealer in the SF Bay area did you end up purchasing from?

Thanks...
    I went to Serramonte Acura. But don't buy the one on the lot. Look for one coming in. Mark/Manager to look for.
    Am worried now that the Sage brush pearl w/quartz may not be all that. Still haven't seen the quartz interior and am in love with the ebony interior). Feel like I am settling. Why did Acura limit the interiors?. I saw the sage brush on a Honda van. Think it will need chrome wheels to set it off. Most chrome wheels cheapen the looks I think. I will have to look hard for some classy ones. Anyone seen these colors? Am thinking of changing my order to black w/ ebony. HELP soooo undecided. Worried the quartz with wood won't look as good as the ebony. Can't sleep at night. Delivery date has been moved out to late December, early Jan. Heard this might be because of the new navi system. Anyone heard anything? Does anyone have a 03 touring w/navi yet? I have seen a ton of DVD but no navi and no sagebrush/quartz.
    I like the interior. Very sharp, more 'all weather' than ebony, if you ever have to sell in sun belt, much more popular.

The NAVI units are not as abundant as RES, but they are in production NOW.
    I got the Ebony interior and love it. It looks better than the Ebony ones in the picture.

My second choice was the saddle. I thought the quartz was a kind of flat color.
    I read the message from Illinois at work and was on top of the world and excited about seeing the quartz! Then this evening I come home and someone tells me it is flat! AAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!! Now I will not sleep again this night! :-) If you have the Ebony interior, what color is your vehicle? I did not care for the Havasu blue, have a silver vehicle already and the black doesn't seem to make a statement going down the road. I can't believe Acura placed such limits on the colors. One would think you could get the ebony in just about anything. Especially the white. Now the white makes a statement all by itself with tinted windows it screams "Look at ME!" I was not too fond of the saddle. I must admit I liked the Havasu Blue they had on the showroom floor with the special lights. Then I saw it in daylight and it looked completely different. I am afraid I got tired of it entirely too quickly. The sage brush appears to be a nice color so far. I think I have the leather blues. Thanks for your help folks. Flat, what exactly does that mean? Sleepless in Atlanta....