Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    funduguyfunduguy Member Posts: 11
    Financing may not be as lucrative as it sounds. Here are some more practical calculations: For example, today's average 3 year CD rate "Aug. 29, 2008 (Bankrate.com) -- The average yield for a 3-year CD in the United States remained unchanged at 3.92 percent on Friday, according to Bankrate.com's daily Your Best Interest report."

Assume you got 4% CD for 3 years and could keep your $40,000 in the CD. Then Simple Interest you earned over 3 years = $4800.
    But, Tax on this simple interest (at high incremental tax dollars of 30%) = - $1440.
    But, Cost of 0.9% APR loan at Simple Interest for 3 yrs = - $1080
    But, Financing cost= - $450 (charged by loan originator for paperwork)
    But, Forgone cash incentive from dealer due to financing = - $1000

Hence, Total money saved due to financing (over paying by cash) = $4800 - $1440 - $1080 - $450 - $1000
    = $830 !!

$830 is still positive savings, but you would carry a big loan on your credit report and say you go to the market to buy a home, you would get poorer interest rate due to the big loan that you already need to service from your earnings. So in the end, you end up gaining nothing monetarily.

Hence, if you can pay cash, then in today's economy it is better to avoid the debt.
  • Options
    Here's the deal I got:
    Acura MDX Base = $32,640 + Tax + Title. (No financing) ( total is 20.2 % off MSRP)
    Love the car. Was initially in the market for a used Acura or Lexus, but at these prices, its a no-brainer to buy a new car since with all incentives the first year depreciation is already accounted for. Thanks to all the people on the forum. I calculated my numbers using this forum and then negotiated over the phone and email. Ate almost $1100 into the dealer holdback. I doubt if he made more than a hundred dollars on me. Picked up the car from the dealer in one hour. Could not believe that car buying could be so hassle free.
  • Options
    csunflipcsunflip Member Posts: 1
    Just got a deal quote today....

Acura MDX 2008 Sterling Grey/Taupe
    Tech/Entertainment Package

$38,802
    Accessories - running board, side moldings

Total Price Out the Door - $42427.45

Is this a good deal? Located in Southern California.....
  • Options
    soccerandlostsoccerandlost Member Posts: 50
    Funduguy,

You make some critical mistakes in your assumptions:

1. A number of FDIC-insured banks are offering 3-year CDs at 4.7%.
    2. You use simple interest for the CD. However, a 3-year $40,00 CD at 4.7% compounded annually would yield approximately $5,900. (This is conservative -- WaMu is offering 3-year CDs at 4.89% APR, which would yield even more.)
    3. Similarly, you use simple interest for the auto loan. However, assuming the loan is amortized over 36 mos., the purchaser will be paying off principle as well. A fully-amortized $40,000 loan at .9% will incur only $557 in interest payments.

So, now we have:
    Interest Income of $5,900
    - Less Tax at 30% = $1,770
    - Less Interest payments on loan = $557
    - Less Bank fees = $450
    - Less Foregone dealer cash = $1000
    TOTAL SAVINGS =$2,123

I think that's a significant savings, but we can each make our own judgments on that.
  • Options
    tellamittellamit Member Posts: 1
    I got the Acura MDX 08 with Tech no PTG Black/Taupe for 36250 + CA tax + 323 Licence fee + 55 Documentation fee = ~$39250 out the door with 0.9% financing for 3 years (He was ready to give it for 35250 without %0.9). Gave me the free wheel locks. no other accessories.

Probably not the best deal but I think it is good enough. The dealer was Acura Marin CA.
    What do you guys think.
  • Options
    maf1maf1 Member Posts: 17
    I am in Boston, and this is a great deal. What dealer was this? Please let me know. I'd love to buy a car from them. Best price I have is 40325 $
  • Options
    pilotsearcherpilotsearcher Member Posts: 15
    Hello all-

Looking at a 06 MDX touring w/RES. 50k miles, off of lease.
    Dealer asking $29k.

Opinions? What should I offer?

Rumor from dealers on here and dealers in area is that Honda may up financing from 0.9 to 2.9. Would like to take advantage.

Thanks!
  • Options
    fmennelafmennela Member Posts: 3
    I am considering buying a 2008 MDX with Tech and Entertainment packages. A NY area dealer offered $40,400 cash or financing price (0.9% for 36 months) or an Acura lease with about $645/month, for 15k miles per year, 36 months, with same $40,400 cap cost, a 0.0245 money factor and 50% residual. Total upfront cash is one month lease paymnt plus about $230 for fees plus taxes. It seems to me that the cap cost could be lower (dealer says he only makes $500 on deal, but I assume he is excluding holdbacks from this calculations). In addition, residual seems too low (I was expecting at least 54%. I underrstand that tech package residual is lower than on Base car, but still... This gives me pause and I am considering not buying now (deal expires sept. 02) but waiting for new deals after Sept. 02. Dealer says after Sept 02 residuals will go down 3-4% (which seems even more excessive). Any thoughts/suggestions? Should I negotiate a better deal? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    socrates63socrates63 Member Posts: 2
    Tonight, I bought a light silver (taupe interior) 2008 MDX Tech PTG with protection package (splash guard, cargo liner etc.) and complete roof rack (rails, crossbars) for $39500. Adding the towing package and sports running board raised the cost to $41559. $45729 was the out the door price. I took advantage of the 60mos 2.9% financing. No extended warranty.

Yesterday, I visited Acura of Bellevue (Washington state) and they offered a 2008 MDX Tech PTG with partial roof rack (rails only) for $39500, and this price was for cash-out purchase only. Salesman indicated that there was no room for negotiation.

Right after the visit to the Bellevue dealership, I emailed Acura of Seattle and Lynnwood Acura to see if they could better the Bellevue dealer price. The Seattle dealer simply told me to come to the dealership to talk. The Lynnwood dealer called and offered to meet the Bellevue price and throw in the rack crossbars (Bellevue charged more than $300 for the crossbars).

At 7:30pm tonight, I visited the Lynnwood dealer with a friend of mine who purchased a 2007 MDX Tech/Entertainment there a year ago. A sales guy with a British/Scottish accent greeted us and we struck up conversation. I told him that yesterday I had spoken with the Internet sales manager of the dealership and informed him of what I had been offered. I asked him to come down to $39000. He wants me to fill out the loan app while he checked inventory and price. The dealership didn't have the MDX in the color that I wanted, but I told him that waiting a few days for the dealer to get the car was fine with me. He goes inside to some office and I happily fill out the loan app. After a few minutes, the guy comes back and says there's no way they can do $39500 on a financed purchase and gives me an ugly very unwelcoming look that basically told me that he wanted me to leave :confuse: :mad: . He made no counter offer. Whatever conversation we had, if you can call it that, was very brief and rude in tone. I said thanks but no thanks and got up to leave. As I was leaving, I overheard him to remark to his coworker "I rather negotiate with terrorists" (his exact quote). Wow, where did that come from? Never did I even remotely insult the guy in any way, and nor did we even attempt to negotiate. I wanted to confront the guy then and there, but I simply left without saying another word.

My friend and I decided we couldn't end the night like this. We drove down to Acura of Seattle and arrived 8:30pm. A man greeted us (I think the sales manager) and I told him what I wanted: a silver MDX Tech PTG with roof rack for $39500. He runs and gets a salesman who showed me an MDX Tech PTG in the color I wanted. There was no haggling over the price, and the dealership simply accepted my offer. I did try to get the dealer to come down $500 but that failed. I then added the towing package and running board. The buying experience was extremely pleasant and I was out the door with signed papers in hand by 9:30pm. I'm picking up the MDX in the morning once the accessories are installed.

I felt good about the price. Bellevue only offered $39500 for a cash out purchase. Lynnwood refused even to consider the price. Seattle gave me the Bellevue price even with financing and so I figured I saved a $1000 there. In addition, Seattle also gave me the crossbars at no additional charge, so chalk up another $350.

In any case, I was extremely flabbergasted and offended by the sales guy at Lynnwood Acura -- enough so that I registered for an account at edmunds.com to make this rant post. Acura of Seattle, with its bigger lot and more inventory and a courteous sales staff, has definitely secured a repeat customer for future Acura purchases.
  • Options
    lovecars4lovecars4 Member Posts: 21
    First of all, I want to thank all of you guys for your messages, insights here in this board. I used this info handily and gotten a good price from 2 dealers in MA area.

Here is a tip: Please dont mention this board, to any dealer, by name, as it will spoil our game. They dont seem to know about this board yet, so they were baffled when I knew exactly how much the MDXs going for. They wanted to know where I found out from. Like I am going to tell them.

Bought a 2008 MDX Tech Pkg w/PTG (30 miles on it. Steel Blue, Taupe - They had all the color choices I wanted). (Invoice on the car - $40,963, MSRP - $45,005)
    Price of the Car - $36000 ( roughly $5K below invoce, 9K below MSRP)
    Doc Fee - $100
    Reg+Title - $95
    Accessories - $848 (Roof Rack (Rails+CrossBar), Running Boards, Wheel Locks, All Season Floor Mats. - Dealer cost on this accessories is $1254 so about $400 savings on it from dealer cost. Other dealer wanted about $1800 for the same accessories).

Free Items - 2 Free Oil Changes, Pink Acura Hat for my wife (deal closer) :)

MA Sales Tax - $1842.40 (@ 5%)

OTD total Price - $38885.40

Another dealer was lower in Car price @ $35800 but they didnt have the interior, with PTG, I wanted, though they had the color. Their accessories price for the was way higher. So I would have paid more overall about $300 more for the other deal. Overall I could have worked them both to get maybe few hundred dollars more but I ran out of time, and patience.

Couple of things to keep in mind. They make most of their money in accessories. So try to get as less accessories from the dealer as possible. If you do, try to haggle them on it. Not sure what the invoive on them but you can find dealer cost on them. Let me know if you need them. It is worth getting Roof Rack, Running Boards, Body Side Modling, Wheel Locks as they all require some installation. (I am not a big fan for Body Side modling, especially at $400 range, dont think it is worth it). Other things like Cargo Mat, Cargo net and blah and blah, you can find them cheaper in the net.

(If anyone interested I can hook you up wih my sales guy as a thanks though he warned me that he might be off by few hundred dollars off, after the August sales pressue if over. If you are buying today or tomorrow you might get the same deal. BTW you get better prices in this order - Desparate Sales guy with low volume, Internet Sales Manager, Sales Manager with volume, General Manager).

There are other dealers (one called me this morning - Aug 30) try to "sell" me the car for $38,000 with no accessories. When I told him the price I got, he got angry that I worked him. Acura should provide a way to do satisfaction surveys on all the sales guys you dealt with, not just the one you bought it from. The guy I bought it from obviouly was persistent, tenacious, good communication, and very nice to deal with, polite and very respectful. (maybe survey coming up?)

Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    You need to complain to his general manager, Acura dealership and Acura corporation. They take their customer satisfaction seriously. My sales guy told me that if they get anything less than 98% they get dinged so they bend over backwards to make you happy. Granted that is only for customers who bought the car. But you need to let them know how satisfied you were and that they lost a potential customer. You must speak up, I would if I were you.

Also, normally, I would get them in writing before I show up at the dealership. Doesnt have to be a purchase contract itself but even and email with the agreed prices is good enough. You have proof to take it up with someone higher the food chain. Bottom line is they are car salesmen, what do you expect?.
  • Options
    Oh, and a couple of more things to keep in mind while negotiating,
    1. 2008 Acura most common model out there in the lot is Tech Pkg so you will be able to get the best deal on this. Second best would be the base model, you might it for around $32500-$32600 ($4600 below invoice). Ent package has very low inventory so you may not get the best deal on it. This was the reason why I didnt go for it. We have a portable one anyways.
    2. Dont be desparate and pick the color before even you started negotiating on the price. Tell them you are ok with list of choices you like (I am ok with light colors,etc). After YOU WILL USE THIS AS A NEGOTIATION POINT, NOT THEM. After the final price quote, if they didnt have the color/ interios you want then you can say well you need to take off $100 as you dont have my color, blah
    3. Always get it in writing before you show up at the dealership
    4. Try to avoid the first hungry salesmen who jumps on you as soon as you walk to the dealership. Bad idea, if you havent already negotiated the price.
    5. Try to keep your trade away from this. Trade requries you to have 2 legs of negotiation. I know I am not that good so I keep them separate.
  • Options
    car_girlcar_girl Member Posts: 9
    For what it's worth, we purchased our MDX last week with Tech & Ent pkgs, wood grained steering wheel (dealer installed), wood grain shift knob (diy installed), sport running boards (dealer installed), cargo cover, cargo mat, all weather floor mats and locking lug nuts for a monthly pmt of $846.45 (60m). This is the best SUV we've ever had an opportunity to drive. We're planning to keep this vehicle and drive it until the wheels fall off. We've leased and purchased in the past.

Including all factors, if you're not fearful of the mileage constraint, leasing is the way to go at $645/m 15k miles - that seems like a decent deal for what you're getting. 50% residual is still pretty good especially since many OEM companies are stopping their lease programs all together. Banks simply don't want the risk of residual estimates so they're not backing leases. I believe Ford and Chrysler have both stopped their programs and it won't be long before others follow suit.

Our purchase price was $700 below invoice which isn't as good as I probably could have gotten and when we added the accessories listed above, we purchased them at the web site price which Acura dealers have the option of increasing if they sell direct to the customer. I also negotiated the top coverage extended warranty at dealer cost to be purchased at my discretion at any time in the future provided the coverage can be applied based on ownership time and mileage. The quoted price for that was $2440 I believe but I've seen extended warranties for less on a web site this forum has posted which can save over $500. If / when it's time to purchase, I'll review all the fine print.

You won't regret your lease or purchase - even at the $850 ish payment we have, we are delighted by the vehicle all around. That says a lot because we're very particular about features (gadgets, gizmos, quality, ease of use, etc.) Systems are pretty intuitive over all and don't take long to learn. Tutorials that come with the vehicle and are available on the owner's web site are excellent too!

Enjoy your experience!
  • Options
    vavavoomvavavoom Member Posts: 42
    thanks for sharing your experience on the end of lease arrangment. it's little nuggets like these that really add valuable knowledge to the board. You got a fantastic buyout. congrats.
  • Options
    congrats on your new car. i think you set a new benchmark for price here. 5K under invoice is daylight robbery ;) . i think i'll have to ween myself off this forum, i keep having to rationalize the ongoing depreciation in my sport (my most recent rationalization is that my wife is happy and that's priceless).
  • Options
    10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    I am in the same position, even extended my lease with AHF on a month to month basis. Neither of the two Acura stores I have worked with in the past 5 years (own an RL) for sales or service mentioned this type of process and assumed I could only buy direct from AHF at the rediculous stated residual value.

Sure would appreciate the dealers name and location.
  • Options
    yunyayunya Member Posts: 6
    I need some feedback from all of you on a lease offer I've received for a 2008 MDX with Tech.

MSRP: 44100
    Cap Cost: 36200
    Drive off: 960
    Residual: 54% (3yr/30000)
    MF: .00245
    Monthly: $503 ($544 with CA tax of 8.25%)

Is this a good deal or not? I am looking to make a decision by tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    turtlebcbcturtlebcbc Member Posts: 2
    lovecars4, that is an excellent deal you got there. I was in the market for an Acura RDX in Boston but considering the deal you got i might as well jump into the bigger car. Could you let me know which dealership did you go through as well as the other dealer who offfered you 35800.

I was wondering if you were still qualified with their .9% or 2.9% finance.
  • Options
    relinrelin Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,
    First Post, longtime lurker :D. I've been looking for a MDX for quite a while now but haven't come across the right deal yet. I've come across this and was would like to know what everyone thinks about it. A 2007 Black Fully Loaded Acura MDX SPORT Technology/Entertainment Package W/ 59225 Miles. Comes with everything except the towing package. Checked the Carfax report and everything is clean. Asking Price is $28,995 but obviously would haggle for less ($2k-$3k). All opinions, suggestions, tips etc. are greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time
  • Options
    jsb16jsb16 Member Posts: 64
    Just bought the above MDX with 35K miles for $22,900 with 0.9% financing and an extra set of all season mats.. I asked the dealer to include three key fobs and although he gave me four of them, he only set up two and said that only two could be used at a time. I understand that there are only two memory presets but I would use the third fob just to open and close the doors. Three of the fobs say Memory 1 or Memory 2 and give instructions on pushing the lock and unlock buttons to link/unlink the memory seat. The fourth fob says nothing about a memory seat and just says Omron Corporation Japan in this same spot. The two remotes that work are one Memory 1 and the odd fourth remote. Has any one had success linking more than two remotes with a 2005 MDX? Perhaps my fourth remote is a non-touring model remote and I can use this while I program a Memory 2 remote too. The FCC IDs are the same on all four. Just for the data base, I paid an additional $950 over the above price to extend the cerified warranty from 5 years after in-service date to 7 years (AcuraCare) with no deductible. They wanted to sell me a higher priced non-AcuraCare warranty but I told him I would buy a Santucci warranty and they came down to this price.
  • Options
    turtlebcbc
    I am not sure about the other guy, I thought they were playing games plus there overall price (there doc fee was 295 + 86 which made prices equal to mine doc fee 95 + 100). Plus I got the accessories are dealer cost which the other guy was not willing to do. (Technically better than dealer price when I add them up).

We are not allowed to post names in the forum. Give me your email and I will send it to you.

I was in the process to buy either an RDX, or a used MDX (I dont beleive in buying a brand new car and squander $40K only to watch the values depreciate like crazy). This is my first car with less than 100 miles on it (I normally prefer a CPO). With the amount of discounts on the car, I couldnt resist. Beleive me, I was not going to buy it until I heard the offers that came in, after that I couldnt resist. RDX is a fine car as well, but you wont get the same discounts on it, you would be lucky if you got invoice on it. After all said and done 2008 MDX is going for only slightly more than 2008 RDX.
  • Options
    turtlebcbcturtlebcbc Member Posts: 2
    lovecars7,
    Could you send me your dealership information to me? turtlebc@gmail.com

I am really interested in purchasing one today. I was at a local dealership to test drive the RDX yesterday and they won't budge dropping the price.
  • Options
    tmkl1tmkl1 Member Posts: 10
    That sounds like a great deal for the Boston area. Could you post the town where the dealer is where you ultimately purchased?
  • Options
    Like I said,
    You may not be able to get a deal on RDX as they are more fuel efficient SUVs. No manufacturer cash backs either. You would be lucky if you get invoice. I was looking for it, I changed my mind when I heard the deal on MDX.
  • Options
    nopssnopss Member Posts: 2
    Dealer lists at 41K w/ 11K miles,carfax= 01/08 oil change in MD., 06/08 auctioned in IND.,08/08 offered for sale. No running boards or roof rack offered w/ this vehicle. I'm seeking advice on what is an acceptable offer w/o embarassing the dealer or myself. I'm a novice in terms of not having bought a newer vehicle in quite awhile, and feel fortunate in finding this forum. I never new what the term "holdback" was untill yesterday. If the community can offer some insight, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for taking time out to offer a response.
  • Options
    #1. You don't need to tell us you're New ;) all sport mdx's include the tech package.

#2. the fact that you're even considering buying a Used 41K sport (without entertainment) means you still need to read the board b/c 41K is what you can probably get for a new sport without much negotiation.

#3. you can also ask autobrag dot com for recent wholesale prices on the sport.
  • Options
    marinitemarinite Member Posts: 44
    Hmm, looks like a pretty good deal, I'd say. What dealer are you using? I'm in the same area and perhaps we should be aiming for a buy 2, get a better deal tactic. That worked for folks over at the Odyssey board.

You can contact me: 4macraes at gmail dot com.

Cheers,
    Marinite
  • Options
    tiger2093tiger2093 Member Posts: 3
    Hi lovecars4,

I like your car, I am in MA, can you give me the sale guy number? I want to get same deal.

Many thanks
  • Options
    zagorzagor Member Posts: 5
    LoveCar7 - could you please e-mail me name and number of both dealerships and sales people for the deals you got. milorad.protic@gmail.com
    Thank you....
  • Options
    We are not allowed to post the salespersons names on the board, from what I recall. Give me your email if you need further info.
  • Options
    amalpaniamalpani Member Posts: 9
    I have a quote of $38,000 + ttl for a New (no demo) 2008 Acura MDX with Tech. & Ent. Package. MSRP is $46,655 and Invoice is $42,443. Let me know what you guys think about this offer. I want to pay no more than $37,000 + ttl. I believe the dealer price is about $35,000 based on Invoice - Rebate - Holdback. I want the dealer to make money but not too much :) !

Email me at abhmal@gmail.com if you are interested in buying and I shall give you details of the dealer. If I can get 2-3 people to buy with me we can get a even better deal (volume discount) :)

Thanks

AM
  • Options
    chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    We made the mistake of extending our XC90 to a month-to-month basis without taking into consideration the DMV tags expired 8/31. Instead of paying california $300 I started making calls.

Picked up a Grey 08 base for $33024 on a 3 year lease.
    $436/month (pretax) 3 year 12K - $1200 out of pocket ($325 went to cap cost reduction)

Got it at Power Acura in Torrance . Santa Monica offered $433/month on same terms or $455 (including tax) for 10K year lease.

Drove away within one hour.

I started the day pricing Highlander's and09 Pilot EXl;s - Honda was at $412 so we went with the MDX
  • Options
    carlover28carlover28 Member Posts: 1
    From which dealership have you got this deal?
  • Options
    How are you figuring out their cost price is $35,000?. Doesnt seam to add up, or are you just guessing it?
    2008 Acura MDX w/Tech w/Ent
    MSRP - $46655 ($45,895 + Dest charge - $760)
    Invoice - $42460 ($41,700 + Dest charge - $760)
    (Keep in mind they adjusted the Dest charge mid year. It used to be $715 and they increased it to $760 for the vehicles that are delivered after April-May)
    Dealer Holdback: $918 (Honda thumb rule is 3% dealer holdback, even less on luxury cars - close to 2 to 2.5%)
    Dealer Cost - $38042 ($42460 - $3500 (rebate) - $918 (holdback))
    So you are getting a quote exactly at the dealer cost. No wonder they are not interested in dropping the price any more as they will start to lose money.
  • Options
    amalpaniamalpani Member Posts: 9
    I used a 7% holdback for Acura cars. A buddy of mine worked at Honda (8+ years ago) and said Honda dealers get holdback between 2.5% - 4.5% (based on a few variables - volume, relationship, etc.). I assumed Acura would have a higher holdback (@7%). The difference between our estimates is due to the holdback assumption.Based on your estimate, I should take this deal in a heart beat.

I'm waiting to see if Acura increases the rebate currently @ $3,500 (September 3, 2008 incentives reset) and if so I can get a lower price. I'm gambling (since rebates might go away) but have a tough time believing that the rebates will go away in this market for 2008 models. Chicago dealers have approximately 200 (based on website inventory) 2008 Acura MDX in stock apart from 2009 Acura MDX. They are only going to get agressive with 2008 models.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what are the incentives today ? Edmunds is still showing older incentives of $3500.
  • Options
    glenalmondglenalmond Member Posts: 2
    Hello lovecars4

I am close to pulling the trigger on an Acura MDX myself. I have been reading these forums for a long time and have been doing my homework on pricing. Your deal is the best I have seen in the Boston area. I am familiar with the dealers in Mass. If possible could you email me the dealerships you were working with at conradmaher@gmail.com

If I can get a deal close to yours I would hasten the purchase decision

Thanks
  • Options
    miket1000miket1000 Member Posts: 12
    Hey lovecars4...I too praise your excellent work. Can you set me up with your dealer & salesman?

mct100@hotmail.com

Thanks.
  • Options
    natbnatb Member Posts: 1
    Dear lovecars4: I know you've been inundated with requests - and sorry to be a bother - but can I have your sales guys info too? My email is natbrink12@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    am1199am1199 Member Posts: 10
    Got Base MDX for 33.5 +2.9% at Bernardi Acura of Boston, added rails and cross bars for 764$,total 34264$+tax, they have 90 MDX 08 in stock.
  • Options
    bebe15bebe15 Member Posts: 1
    I just got one with roof rail, cross bar, side steps and protection pkg @ 39,200+ttl.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi socrates63. Sorry to hear about your terrible dealer experience. At least you eventually found a good dealer to work with. If you would like to share the details of your recent experiences with even more people, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    layersnjlayersnj Member Posts: 3
    I am noticing today the 2500/3500 rebate and the .9% or 2.9% financing are both GONE from the Acura site and here on Edmunds.

Anyone think they are GONE forever ?
    Or am I just looking duing the update to incentives for Sept?
  • Options
    It seems that the rebates and incentives are all gone !!
  • Options
    Just for the Roof rails and Cross bars they charged $764. That seem a bit high, any other accessory?. But the car price is very good though. You win some you lose some :)
  • Options
    nah, they are just screwing with ya. Do you honestly think if you call them up today and told them that you want to buy it for what they were offering like 2 days ago, they would say no?. They are desperate and willing as long as you set a reasonable goal you can get it done. I got mine for $5k below invoice and got $1k below invoice for the accessories. That is like $6K under invoice plus a few throw ins like oil changes. I didnt push them but they came to me and told me if I take it by friday they will do it. Once you hear a good deal you should know it is good and ready to pull the trigger. Do your home work before hand and be ready with the checkbook when they call. You can make it happen. (Though because the aug month end sales pressure is off I wonder if they are that desparate, maybe they are).
  • Options
    2008 MDS rebate is $4000 now.
    Cheers
  • Options
    Hi lovecars4,

Can you send me your dealer name and number? Thanks

davidcn4us@ureach.com

Many Thanks
  • Options
    whsuwhsu Member Posts: 6
    Lovecars4

Please sent me your dealers name and info as well

wen__hsu@hotmail.com

thanks
  • Options
    gohawks2gohawks2 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, socrates63, sorry to hear that too. We worked with Seattle, Bellevue, and Lynnwood ourselves last fall and found Lynnwood to be the best to work with, by far.

The person you described is definitely NOT the person we dealt with. I guess there is a bad apple in every bunch. Oh, and a co-worker of mine bought from another salesperson than we did a few months ago and had a pleasant experience as well.