Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tkv_01tkv_01 Member Posts: 20
    Finally, I got mine yesterday 38000 OTD for Tech and PTG .
    38K incl 6% MD tax, fees, and PP2( wheel lock, cargo tray, and all season floor mats).
    35500 car + 2130 MD tax + 370 fees
    I guess this is pretty good deal. What do you think?
  • funduguyfunduguy Member Posts: 11
    This is the best deal that I have seen on the board so far. $35500 for Tech + PTG + PP2 is a steal !
  • rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    tkv,

that is a steal...the internet quotes i see for a tech with PTG is $37100. can you tell me what dealership that you got it from in MD?
  • ocreativeocreative Member Posts: 9
    tkv_01,

Did you use their low apr finance with this price?
  • dmac22dmac22 Member Posts: 6
    What's the best price you've been quoted on a new 2008 MDX (not a demo) in the Boston area? ... also what dealer?

thanks
  • ssknight2ssknight2 Member Posts: 7
    Can you send pics to ssknight2@yahoo.com of both MDX, mileage and price ? I am willing to fly down if the price is right. Also, vin #'s. I will be coming from Minneapolis area.
  • aj4321aj4321 Member Posts: 37
    I've talked with all the local South East MI dealers but there is not a lot of inventory available (limited colors) and they are priced over $33,800 plus tax. Anyone getting good prices in Michigan or the surrounding region? I'd like to pay $32k for a black on black base model. Also, I'm considering going to the DC area to get one.
  • ocreativeocreative Member Posts: 9
    I got a quote as 37228 for a 2008 Tech MDX from a dealer in Boston area.
  • tkv_01tkv_01 Member Posts: 20
    I got it from Pohanka in VA. It was cash deal no special ARP.
  • jlim0930jlim0930 Member Posts: 19
    I just finished my dealing and will go in next week for the financing papers and pick up on Monday cant make it in tomorrow or Saturday. Anyways got the BASE for 33k but now the dealer is saying that since they gave me a deal on the car they are not able to give me the 2.9% financing is this normal ?
    jlim, that is correct. its either the financing rate or the dealer cash. can't have both. i'd go with the dealer cash if you plan to put money down.
    tkv, can you please send an email to ralphbalisalisa@hotmail.com with that person's name and contact info if you have it?
  • lovecars4lovecars4 Member Posts: 21
    In spite of my specific request in the above post, one of you printed this post and showed it to the dealer, where I bought it from, and my spoiled my relationship with him (I am assuming one of you that emailed me). I am disgusted by this and am sorry I made this post. Unfortunately this forum doesnt allow me to delete this post otherwise I would have deleted this by now. :mad:

While every detail I posted on this post is accurate and I stand by it I am just disappointed at the turn of events.
    wow, thanks for the person who ruined it for him. the first thing about this forum is to keep it all private, though in actuality it isnt since its the internet. this should be provided as a tool to negotiating the best price. a few might get the lowest price but you can't expect a dealer to match it all the time.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    But, if you want to keep something quiet, then don't post it on the internet..

I'm not sure why your dealer doesn't want it known that they give good deals? That is a reputation that most dealers would crave.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• funduguyfunduguy Member Posts: 11
    I would advise not to give out the name of the dealer. You can give the area, but let people do some work of their own.
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I have no problem with people quoting the deal I got. I negotiated my deal by myself without this. But the fact that they printed this out and handed over to him is what ticked me off. (He called out specific lines from my post. Something I tought was funny at that time I posted is biting me now). You would think people would do atleast some homework, research themselves. Not print out from the Internet blog and ruin someone's relationship inspite of the fact they specifically requested not to. I learned my lesson.

On the same note, I see you are a HOST. If there a way for me to delete the posts I made. It doesnt allow me to?.
    Thanks
  • dmac22dmac22 Member Posts: 6
    Shame on the person who dropped the proverbial turd in the punchbowl and spoil the ability to share information. That's pretty lazy to walk in with a printout like that. Call around, make offers via email and you probably can get pretty close. There are still a lot of 08s out there and they are desperate to get rid of them.

This forum is great... haven't seen anything out there as useful. I hope this doesn't discourage posters too much.
  • vavavoomvavavoom Member Posts: 42
    must have been a rude awakening to the powers of Ctrl-P but all you have to do is read the questions posted. You probably have your reasons for wanting to maintain a relationship with your dealer but if i may say so, dealers are a dime a dozen and such relationships don't really stand the test of time (having bought my first acura 4 years ago from a dealer i thought was a "buddy", wouldn't give me anything less than MSRP when i was looking - it's all about the bottomline).

That being said, if you can't even respect the simple wishes of someone who was trying to help you, you're just a lazy wart. just like the old venerable dishwasher who hates powertailgate said, "must be karma" - he's reminded everytime he smashes his finger closing the door b/c he whimped out on PTG.:P
    Yes, I was considering getting a TL. Not sure anymore. Oh well. Power of internet huh.
    And Like you, love the PTG. I dont have to go there to put/get things for kids. You want it you get it. Less walk for me.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Hey Lovecar4 I too was considering 2008 TL. The deals were too good. The Cali dealers were giving it for 28K

In the end decided on MDX tech + PTG...
    Have driven ~500 miles...love it so far

I love the PTG & Rear Camera...makes life so much easier
    I beleve they should offer it as a stand alone option, if not standard, one base...

Sorry dishwash....
  • rider6rider6 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, anybody knows about the deals on sport with entert. in TX, please help. would like to know what kind of deal they are offering now. thank you
  • boxscoreboxscore Member Posts: 1
    New to this forum...shopping for and 08 MDX. Rec'd a written quote for Sport & Ent Packages. MSRP w/ destination is $48755. Sales price is 41,200 plus tax and license. W/o doing a lot of research I dont know if this is fair or not.... help? This is a purchase. The low finance rates are not included. I was quoted 5.75% with my credit score.
    I found out that the dealers will give you 4000 off of invoice if you are not using there financing, they still make money from dealer hold backs 3% that you can push them as your closing tool if you can get some more from them. but i am trying to find out if anybody got a good deal in Dallas or Houston area or neighbor cities or states.
  • woodlandwoodland Member Posts: 12
    I'm in the Houston area and have been negotiating with surrounding Houston dealerships. The 3% holdback is $1200 plus $4000 rebate so dealer cost is $32,100 for base model. I've gotten a dealer pretty close to the price I'm willing to pay so might be pulling trigger today. I will keep you posted!
  • shastonshaston Member Posts: 3
    Did the $36,703 include the destination charge? I am talking to them as well and wanted to make sure that the only addtional costs will be doc fees and TTL. Thanks
    did you go to the dealership or you are dealing with them on line. i got a deal from one of the dealers, in Houston, but they are not giving me the final price. how did you deal with them, did you get your car?
    whats the going price for the BASE model in Houston ? I got the BASE in Dallas for 33k but they are saying that I will not qualify for the 2.9% financing :(
  • toddpmtoddpm Member Posts: 2
    Anyone????
    Please???

Can I get maybe some of the TTL thrown in or financing too?
    It looks like the good deals are in the DC area. How about you guys...has anyone been able to do better there?

Thanks,

Todd
  • roughyearroughyear Member Posts: 52
    i think at a minimum you'll have to come up with TTL fees if you went with acura's financing... now if you came in with a blank check from a credit union or capital one or some other outfit that pre-approve you for a certain loan amount, then you can possibly roll in the TTL
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I am in Houston also and I am looking to lease a base model. Sterling McCall has several 08 base models on their lot. They also have a few 09 models in the back. I drove thru the lot, but I did not stop to talk with anyone. Keep us posted if u find anything.
    Why wouldn't they give you the D.O. price? That sounds fishy! My husband is a lawyer so we are ready to hold their feet to the fire if they try something sneaky. I'm dealing strictly through email right now. I got a base quote down to $32.5 but haven't purchased yet.
    Are you planning on purchasing in Houston? Hey, we should team up to get the best price. Offering a dealership two MDX sales instead of one will give us more leverage! Our purchase window is flexible so consider the offer and send me an email if interested. (jjazz2007@gmail.com) :)
    My proposition is that any Houston area buyers should unite together to get a better deal! Contrary to what the salesman are trying to convince us of, this is a buyers market. In today's economy and high gas prices, we are looking to buy an SUV with poor gas mileage plus the dealerships still have a lot of 08s in stock plus all the 09s. They want to make the sale!!

If Houston area buyers get together and present the dealership with multiple sales instead of just one then they are much more willing to negotiate on the price. They can take more of a loss on our sales so that they meet the monthly sales goal and get the bonuses. The true cost to dealership for the base MDX is $32,074. (3% holdback + 4,000 rebate subtracted from invoice). Gas is going to cost a nice chunk of change so I want to get the best deal possible!

If anyone is interested in getting together to try and see what deal can be made then please email me. (jjazz2007@gmail.com)
    Opps... the email address is (j.jazz2007@gmail.com)
  • austinpoweraustinpower Member Posts: 11
    I am looking for MDX in houston area as well! I am all for teaming up! HOuston dealers are somehow more expensive than others!!
    will they give you the 2.9% financing with that deal ?
    I didn't inquire about the financing but my theory is... the more buyers, the more buying power!
  • llee44llee44 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Norm,

What is the PP2 include? I think you got a great deal. Probably got your car for only a few hundred over invoice -$4000. Nice job. Hope I can get a deal like that. Can I contact you through email?
    ok I am in! I hope they can deliver to Dallas,

I will email you the details.. my dealings with McDavid Acura fell through..
    can you verify your email address?

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

j-jazz2007@gmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please
    550-5.1.1 try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos
    550-5.1.1 or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
    550 5.1.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 1si1512356agb.20 (state 14).
  • ch1rravuch1rravu Member Posts: 14
    any more MDX purchase experiences ? Thread just got cold after folks tryng to pool with woodland/Jazz ..

Can anybody got deal 32K on bare-bones MDX ? Tech package close to 35K ? hoping for that ballpack figure ..
  • foxyesqfoxyesq Member Posts: 26
    I just tried to negotiate a price for a 2008 MDX with Tech Package, running bds. and roof rack for my parents in South Florida (I am in NY and was negotiating the deal for them). We agreed on $37,500 cash "out the door." MSRP with options about $46,160. I asked for wire instructions and a breakdown. The dealer included a $699 "Dealer Fee." I let my NY temper lose on the guy and walked (hung-up). Has anyone ever heard of a "dealer fee." I am assuming that this was something he just tacked on to make up for selling the car at or near a loss. Is this fee common in Florida? I negotiated the purchase of a Toyota Sequoia for them last fall and did not encounter this. I am still optimistic that we will do the deal at that price, without the dealer fee.
    Is this fee common in Florida?

Definitely... Florida and Georgia seem to be the worst..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ericnewcarericnewcar Member Posts: 8
    I am in NJ, and just got few quotes for Tech+PLG yesterday (all before dest): $36687, 35618 and 36450. One noticeable thing is the color choice is limited. Black is available in all 3, but pearl is available in only one dealer.
  • sxhanxsxhanx Member Posts: 1
    I just got a deal for the 2008 MDX Tech package for 35400 including the destination fee. Is this a good deal? The sales person I am working with is saying that I have to buy before the month ends. Are the incentives going away after September or will there be better bargaining opportunities in October?
    I am so ready to pull the trigger :)
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I purchased my MDX Tech + PTG earlier this month for 35.8K including destination in South CA...(38.8K OTD with tax and $70 dealer/Doc prep fee)

My sales person called me last week to see how my MDX is doing... so chatted with him about the incentives and he said that incentive will most probably stay... but the supply with good colors is dwindling. He didnt have any White, Dark Cherry, OR any color with Parchment interior.

I also asked him that his inventory is showing 70 MDX. His reply his company has 5 dealerships in southern CA and it is the combined inventory.

So its your call...in an effort to save $500.00 you might be left with color that no one wants.
  • kevin34kevin34 Member Posts: 42
    Hi,

I was offered a base model with sport running boards, side molding and roof rack w/cross bars for $34.5k with either 0.9% financing for 36 months or 2.9% for 60 months which I am considering. I may try and get it for a flat $34k but I am not sure about the financing, while the 0.9% is a great rate the monthly payment is steep for our budget.

Any thoughts/comments appreciated! Thanks.
  • ericnewcarericnewcar Member Posts: 8
    Just pickup my MDX this morning. $34.9k (dest included). Last tech in the dealer.
  • kevin34kevin34 Member Posts: 42
    That's a great price! Looks like I have some more negotiating to do on my base model..thanks.