Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rthedogrthedog Member Posts: 3
    Are you in Houston? I would buy the car with those accessories at that price. ($39000). Which dealership was it... if you are in Texas?
  • collin2collin2 Member Posts: 5
    No, I am in Wisconsin.
  • ssknight2ssknight2 Member Posts: 7
    which dealership in wiscosin. plz
  • nm_vandinm_vandi Member Posts: 5
    Well I tried to argue myself out of the dest but the dealer wouldn't budge.

Paid 680 for for dest.
  • collin2collin2 Member Posts: 5
    boyland acura in Appleton, WI. Let me know if you can get similar deal. Good luck!
  • nm_vandinm_vandi Member Posts: 5
    Well, I dealt with about 4 dealerships in total, all of them were pricing around this range. But I went with Paragon in Queens because they had the color and interior I wanted.

I wanted the Black ext with Parchment inside (if you ask me that just looks majestic).

If you live in NJ here is what I did. I went online and requested (at the dealership website) via internet for an internet price for the car. Among the multiple quotes, someone will compete and give you a pretty good deal. Then you find out which dealer has the color (interior /exterior) you want. Even if the dealer quoted you a higher price initially if you are serious buyer the dealer will match your lowest offer. (warning : some haggling is involved)

Dealerships in NJ : OpenRoad Acura (E.Brunswick), Acura of Springfield, Paragon in Queens and Plaza Mall in Brooklyn
  • joryanjoryan Member Posts: 15
    If anybody knows any additional info on discounts for 2008 MDX w/Tech and Ent packages, please let me know. I am going to be buying an MDX in Dec. I am going w/the 2008 since they are much less than the 2009 and are the same. The first dealer I emailed quoted me $38,995 configured w/Tech and Ent packages. Invoice is $41,863 according to this website. $1,376.85 is the additonal dealer holdback of 3% that I can take off from the $38,995 if I am not mistaken. This will have the total cost of the car at $37,618.15 according to my math. This is a good drop of $4,244.85 off of invoice. This is good news for me since it seems like a great deal. What does anyone else think? Is there any more room for negotiating lower? Thanks to anyone who can help and give advice or a reference to a site that has the information.
  • bsjak01bsjak01 Member Posts: 3
    I finally pulled the tigger on 08 MDX Sport for $37,550 plus tax and license. Also got the special finance for .9% for 36months. Is this a good deal?
  • jacobmjacobm Member Posts: 15
    That sounds pretty good who was the dealer?
  • 44444444 Member Posts: 1
    Going on fourth set of tires in one year. Has any one had problems such as pulling to left or right while driving at normal speeds? Car has had problems since day one.
  • vavavoomvavavoom Member Posts: 42
    three things that flashed across my forehead, "too much money/just missing that left side or troll".

i guess the answer lies in 4 4 4 and 4.
  • edmundscarsedmundscars Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased '08 Black Tech/Ent, Wheel lock, side moulding for $39000 + TTL.
    I tried to bargain lower and walked out but it was their lowest.
    $4000 off invoice is the deal.
  • leodlion8leodlion8 Member Posts: 6
    Please excuse my not knowing this because I just visited this forum.

What are Tech and Ptg options? I know Ent is entertainment.

Thank you very much.
  • kevin34kevin34 Member Posts: 42
    A dealer is selling this car for $37k, it has only $7k miles, it was a trade-in. It has all the bells and whisles, including satellite radio, roof rack, side molding and running boards (the extra's might be standard on the sport edition)

Do you think at $35k, if I am able to negotiate that price, it's a good deal?

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
  • pilotsearcherpilotsearcher Member Posts: 15
    I am also looking at 2005-2006 MDXs. What are people paying? I've been told the APR incentives will get WORSE after October. Frankly I don't see that happening.

What is a good avg. price to pay for a 40-60k miles 05-06 MDX?
  • bsjak01bsjak01 Member Posts: 3
    Mission Viejo Acura
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to interview owners of a 2007 or 2008 minivan, SUV or crossover that is loaded with two or more high-tech features such as a navigation system, DVD player, heated mirrors, parking sensors, rear view cameras, iPod connectivity, radio data system, Bluetooth, satellite radio, tire pressure monitoring, universal garage door opener, Sync, etc. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com before Friday, October 10, 2008 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your vehicle.
  • eek1eek1 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased '08 MDX base grey w/black for $33,000 + TTL @ 0.9% for 36 months. Great car and hell of a bargain for the money.
    anyone? car man?

The only unfortunate thing may be I wouldn't get the special financing Acura is offering.

Feedback appreciated
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    dont know where you are...but here in LA area new 2008 Sport/ent is going for 40K at carsdirect.com

am sure you can get another 1k off...

so 35 to 37k is not that great deal for used first year model...

my 2cents
    Thanks for your response. I'm in NYC. The dealer offered $35k, I countered with $32k. We'll see, I'll go up as much as $33k, not more. The car is practically new with only 7k miles on it but with the current incentives on the '08 models if this doesn't work out I'll go brand new.
    I personally would be little hesitent in buying a year old car that has been test driven by many folks...
    I'd rather buy a two/three year old lease return vehicle then a test driven/loaner vehicle...

But thats just me...your call
    The car was a trade-in and is being offered for sale by BMW and supposedly only on their lot for the past week. They said they keep it another week and if there are no takers they send if off to a dealer auction. I appreciate your input, thanks.

Actually BMW is offering great financing incentives on certified pre-owned vehicles at the moment, that's an option for me as well. I've extended my lease on my Honda Pilot until the end of the year therfore if I don't buy an '08 MDX or the used '07 I mentioned I hoping there will be lease incentives on the '09's....
  • gistolegistole Member Posts: 2
    Bought my new White MDX 2008 In South Houston, Champion Acura, I45 and Beltway 8. The sale person is pretty decent. MDX 2008 base model is 34,280K + 6.25% tax + TTL + 0.9% Apr. The deal may not be fantastic as compare to the deals listed here in the forum but can be used as a reference for those who lives in Houston.
  • ktt2008ktt2008 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Gistole
    Did you get quotes from other dealers in Houston (Sterling, Eagle, or Gilman) ? I'm also looking for a MDX base and I think the one you got was the last one at the dealership according to their website inventory. I am thinking to buy one at the end of the month and hopefully get a better deal around 32,000. But I was just curious because most people are getting good deals. I guess it all depends on the individual's negotiation skills.
  • gistolegistole Member Posts: 2
    I have got all the quotes available from all the Acura dealers in Houston, inclusive of the few dealers you have mentioned. The lowest I can get from them is 34.5K with 0.9% APR. Although the forum here says that you can negotiate it for 32K. I did not see anyone actually bought it at that price (maybe I really sucks at negotiating) or most of them are either in NJ or California where gas prices are very high.

However, I did try to go around all the dealers through phones, internet and been at Sterling physically to the quotes. I ended up buying from Champion. As for Sterling, there is a black salesman who actually mock at me when I asked for 34K.

As for John Eagle, I think they might be able to lower the price to 34K, depending on how desperate they are.

Good Luck
    The lowest price I found up this point in my area (I'm 35 miles north of NYC) was $34.5k but that included roof rack w-cross bars, sport running boards and side molding, so if you back those out figure $33kish. Price of premium fuel by me is $4 a gallon.
  • austinpoweraustinpower Member Posts: 11
    I bought from Houston area dn I think if you go for tech pkg you easily can get one below 36.8k. Let me know if you are interested to know about the salesperson. quazi_asif@hotmail.com
  • dbmagicdbmagic Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the MDX Tech w/PTG for 36,300 + TTL & Doc. this week in the Chicagoland area. Thought this was a pretty good deal.
  • iceman03iceman03 Member Posts: 10
    Have you seen the resale values lately? My '07 MDX with less than 20k on the odometer and has the tech/res, sport steps, front & rear garnish...is worth about $20,000 less than retail when new.. It's 15 months old.

Of course this is the trade in value, but the retail is not that great either. I just talked to a dealer today, that won't even take SUV's in trade.

I don't want to sound all doom and gloom, but this is probably not the best time to buy an suv.

On the other hand, the MDX has been a great vehicle, and I plan on keeping it now till it dies :(
    I don't want to sound all doom and gloom, but this is probably not the best time to buy an suv.

Actually this is THE time to buyif you need it or foresee that you will need it in next 3 to 4 months

Buy in times of extreme pessimism and when there is blood on street
  • 20thaeguy20thaeguy Member Posts: 12
    Yeah it's definitely not a good time apparantly. I got a price today of tech + ptg for $36,850. How much are you guys getting them for?
  • pop11pop11 Member Posts: 7
    What should I expect to pay for the above Car , the number are all over the place plz help
  • yehyemyesyehyemyes Member Posts: 36
    I got a deal for $36,800 + TTL. Something better than that would be a good deal
    36,400 - 36800 + TTL seems to be the going rate. I really don't think it's a good deal at that price.
  • steelerfan4steelerfan4 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy before the end of the month and just received an internet reply from Flatirons Acura (Boulder, CO): $36895 + tax, + fees($429) and + any dealer installed accessories. In addition, Acura is offering 0.9% for 36/mo or 2.9% for 60/mo on new 2008-09 MDX's.
    Could I get some feedback about this offer and whether I should wait until later this month or next to pull the trigger? Also, do people feel that the tech package is worth the added cost?
    that's the same offer I got. They wouldn't haggle it was that price or no car.
  • steelerfan4steelerfan4 Member Posts: 3
    Did you have any luck at other dealerships?
  • ericnewcarericnewcar Member Posts: 8
    For dealer installed parts, I would suggest you to goto eBay and find the parts you are interested. There are many Acura dealer selling them. Because eBay and live.com are giving 20~30% cash back, you get pretty good price. They are genuine Acura/Honda parts. Then call the service dept for the labor charge on each item. After you get the number, talk to the sales and see how much s/he will sell you with the car. Unless they can give you substantial discount, I found it to be cheaper to do it separately. For example: front/rear garnish they want $800 installed. I can get the parts from eBay for $450 - 20% discount= $360. Service dept want $200 to install, so total come out to be $560. I saved ~$250. Same with body side molding or roof rack.
    Finally purchased our MDX, deciding over the Pilot due to prices being nearly even.

The Honda dealers in our area would not go as low as the Acura dealers in price comparisons.

2005 Acura MDX Touring w/Navi..Silver with Black interior
    + Step Bars
    + Door Bumpers

60,000 miles, looks brand new! Brand new Goodyears and the 60k service by the dealer, with new pads.

Got the wraparound warranty and certified -- paid $20k for everything.

I think we got a pretty good deal, especially with the condition the vehicle is in!
  • tyggertygger Member Posts: 59
    Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. What was their original asking price? Dealers around me don't seem to be negotiating on price by more than a few hundred dollars.
  • siegel1siegel1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the update. I was quoted $38,200 plus fees.
    Were you asked to pay for a Polymer Coating for $349?
    How about a dealer doc fee for $395?
    Theft gaurd for $599?
    Original price was 22,877 w/o wraparound to 100k warranty. They had just gotten that MDX in on trade the week before I stopped in. Talking with dealers, it seems they are being stubborn and just wont move on some prices. In the past year with the SUV prices dropping so much in value, they gave too much money to trade ins and didn't have much room to move. This one I'm guessing they didnt give more than they should have on trade in and so I could get a better deal.

Just watch the dealers like hawks and wait for one to come in!

I live in the midwest, so maybe the coasts are different with prices.
  • rider6rider6 Member Posts: 4
    I got my car sport mdx with enter. for 39900+ttl from austin. that was a very easy deal took me 45 minute to test drive and do the paper work. :)
  • lyongulyongu Member Posts: 4
    Hi tkv,

Would you mind telling me where you bought the car, and the name of the salesperson? I'm in MD too. My email address is lyongu@gmail.com

Thanks!
  • nikshaniksha Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I will be buying a 2008 Acura mdx with the sports and ent package with the luggage rack and running boards as extras by the weekend. can someone suggest a decent price i should end up paying for it and a decent dealer in the Portland Oregon area. I am just SO tired of all the games that the dealers play. From all accounts on here the going price is around $38500-39000 nationally.Thanx.
  • carridogcarridog Member Posts: 8
    Dude you gotta use the the Request a Quote feature on the main edmunds.com site. I did and have absolutely no regrets. I received 2 quotes and an email seeking a callback, all within 4 hours. From the 2 "serious" dealerships (who were within $400 of eachother), I was able to snag a 2008 Nimbus Gray/Ebony Tech for 35998 (WTF, right!?!). All of this via email without any of those irritating come-on-down-and-we'll-see-what-we-can-do-for-ya phone convos. This was probably the most beautiful purchase experience I've ever participated in. Seriously. I'm in the DC metro area, though.

BTW, I'm totally lovin' my MDX. I call it my Stealth Fighter--a term coined by my buddy, Ryan. It looks like a Stealth Fighter, no? Yaaaah man.
    I think they add something to the look of the car, what do you think? My only concern is that they may cause added noise.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    I think you pegged it.. better looks in exchange for more noise..

And.. where there is wind noise, there is probably a small fuel mileage penalty..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vavavoomvavavoom Member Posts: 42
    sounds exactly like the reason ricer boys set up 5 foot spoilers on their $35,000 souped up civics.