Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kevin34kevin34 Member Posts: 42
    You're right, less aerodynamic.
    A happy medium may be to get just the roof rails without the cross bars which I think is the cause of the noise....
  • dmac22dmac22 Member Posts: 6
    I think the rails are a must in terms utility. I'm looking right now at adding either the Acura cross bars myself ($170 online) or going with a Thule or Yakima rack (~ $200) so I can add a ski carrier or cargo box. The aftermarket stuff can be taken on/off more easily and they make a fairing to reduce wind noise.... plus they should be more versatile. Has anybody added a cargo box to the Acura cross bars?... I worry that they might flex too much.
  • ssknight2ssknight2 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the info. I got the same deal.Bought the last one. I went down yesterday, about 500 miles away from where I live. I enjoyed the drive back though in my new MDX, got about 18mph. I added roofrail for $400 for the looks. The transaction was smooth,thanks to you, the saleman is funny and spend more time showing me the features of the MDX. Buying a car should be this painless. This board has been so helpful. I was looking at 09 pilot but I am glad I went with the MDX. thanks.
  • nikshaniksha Member Posts: 3
    Just bought the 2008 from salem oregon . black on black-sports and ent tech package with rails and nice running boards. out of the door at $41650 with 0.9% interest over 36 months.
  • siegel1siegel1 Member Posts: 4
    Wow...I just purchased yesterday in Phoenix, AZ and got black with the tech package OTD for $42,100. This was after negotiating and the dealer not giving in anymore. Did you negotiate a great quite a bit?
  • rthedogrthedog Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for everyones info and advice. I have been going over numbers. Here was the deal I finally took. The price was with knowing I was going to buy the accessories!!

Acura MDX tech/ent: $38,597
    Side Molding + Side rails + Cross bars + Sidestep running boards + Full towing package = $2,934

I have a MDX 2003. CarMax offered $7500. It sounds funny when starting the engine and has a few dents. Had this car since 2002. The dealer offered $9000. With the tax savings equal to around $9500.

Not many tech/ent left in my area (Houston). This was their last one. Don't know if it's a great deal but felt it was very decent and wanted a tech/ent which seemed limited around me. Only 9 miles on the car. Thanks again for all the info everyone.

Out the door including trade-in was $34,841
  • rthedogrthedog Member Posts: 3
    Did that price include taxes and tiltles? If so that's an amazing price.
  • nikshaniksha Member Posts: 3
    I called another dealer in Portland and he said $40600. Quite naturally, when i went there yday they did not have the black on black and they did not know anything about the $40600 but did give me a price of $41650 with the running boards. In Salem they had one black on black left and i told them that the Portland dealer had one at $41650 and faxed it to him showing the running boards but told him that he was gonna throw in the rails.I told him if he wanted to do the same i would buy it . if not i would buy the white one from the Portland dealer-(Yeh Right!!!) .BINGO!! We had a deal))
  • marshadmarshad Member Posts: 1
    Please give me the phone no & name of your dealer. I am really interested in purchasing one.My email is mdudani@gmail.com
  • suv66suv66 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am being offered a Base 2008 MDX for $33,700 +TTL or one with Technology and Power lift gate for $37,500 +TTL. Both can come with the special financing of .9% or 2.9% being offered by Acura.

Are these a good deal or should I try to negoitate. These were quotes right off the Internet sales of dealers without any phone contact. Thanks for the help.
  • tlorchry300ctlorchry300c Member Posts: 3
    This is the second Acura I've purchased from Radley Acura in VA.
    And apparently I just walked into a ridiculous no haggle price.
    I started shopping yesterday for an SUV since I'm a new daddy and after almost
    buying an X5 '06 for 32K all said and done, I got a brand new 08 MDX for 35K all said and done.

It was MSRP at 40,095 or something and BOOM the dealership with incentives gave the price at 32,095. Of course u add in tax/tags/stuff and we get a brand new
    MDX for 35K.

We ended up paying extra for extended warrenties and my wife loves to buy protoection plans for leather so we did pay 1580 extra for those two things.
  • tlorchry300ctlorchry300c Member Posts: 3
    I just bought what seems like a similar deal.
    From Radley Acura in Virginia, they were giving 32,995 and that included destination/freight. This is the second Acura I've bought from them and they said thats why they didn't charge me...

Outta principle I normally would haggle a bit, but the deal just seemed too good.
    They did throw in 2 year free oil change. I think I got a free detailing on my other Acura too. Full tank of gas.
  • kariellenkariellen Member Posts: 2
    I test drove an MDX today in Beaumont, TX. The salesperson told me that they are selling 2008's for 20% off the MSRP. The one I was considering had the TECH/ENT packages and was $46K so that would be $36.8K with the discount. I prefer white and they had none so I would be willing to drive for it. What city were you looking in?

Thanks! :)
  • contaxg2fancontaxg2fan Member Posts: 4
    This is in Fairfax, Virginia
  • mdxrrrrrmdxrrrrr Member Posts: 42
    Should be able to buy an '08 Tech/PTG for $36,000. plus tax and title. If the dealership charges more than $100 for the doc.fee. Just give the dealer a total price you are will to pay including the "doc/adm. fees) Let them write it up how ever they want, just tell them the max you are going to pay. It is ridiculous to pay a dealer $200-$300 even up to $500 for them to take your check, print out an invoice, and cash your check. If you are using their financing and are spending time with their Finance person, I can see paying a another $50-100 for their time, but paying an additional $200-$300 for them to fill out some finance papers??? Also, when you're talking to the salesman, tell them you want the car without any additional dealer options/accessories added. If they say they are already on the car, don't include them in your pricing. The dealers are adding these options to put more profit back into the car. There are some good acura on-line sites you can go to see how inexpensive you can buy most of the accessories for, www.acurapartssuperstore.com. So when your salesman tells you the bodyside molding is $350, you can say "that's odd, I saw where I can buy it on-line for $190 and install it myself" Good Luck.
  • elgatowiggyelgatowiggy Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking to buy either base '08 MDX or w/ tech in the Salt Lake City area. Does anyone have any buyer's experience or prices paid you want to share on any of the two area Acura dealers? Thanks.
  • billyk1billyk1 Member Posts: 16
    I'm looking at two Certified Pre Owned 08 MDX's. The first is maroon w/tan interior and the tech package and 15k miles on it. I figure if new ones in this configuration are going for $36k then I should be looking at an extra 20% off. That would take it to $28800.

The second is 08 Base in black/black with 8800 miles on it. Dealer is asking $34K which is 2k more than I figure you can get a new 08 base for. Using the same formula, 20% off of the more realistic $32K asking price would take it down to $25600. Am I off in thinking that there should be a 20% depreciation based on the cars being used?
    Billyk1, IMHO how much the delaer is willing to come off that price depends on how the history of the car. Did he acquire it from his "loaner fleet" or from an "auction"? Almost all Acura dealers provide free "loaner" cars for service. Once they get 7-9K on them pull them from their loaner fleet, they are detailed, and sold as certified used cars. They really haven't made any revenue with them unless Acura (factory) credits them so much per mile. Which I don't know for sure. From what I have observed the dealer puts on a couple after market accessories and tries to use the additions to bump up the "list price" of the car. The reality is he may have just as much, if not more, into that certified car converted from his "loaner" fleet as he does in a new one.
    On the other hand if he aquired it at an auction (off lease fleets, etc) he may not have as much in the car. If your looking at Carmax, they put about $2,500 profit in each car and they don't move off the prices.
    I tried to buy a '08 with 8500 miles on it and came to the conclusion that MDX was going to be sold to some uneducated consumer. The Acura salesman would make him think he was getting a great deal compared to the list price of a new MDX.
    If you can get it for under 30G I would be surprised. Good Luck.
    mdxrrrrr, I think it is a fleet car. There are only a few Acura dealerships on Long Island. There is a good amount of inventory on new 08s. The 09s are parked right behind them. MDX sales were off 26% in September and are down 14% for the year. I'm positive that October will end up being absolutely brutal for all car makers. Carmax prices seemed out of whack with the current economic times. I don't think they are big in the northeast.

Thanks for your input. I'm going to swing by the dealership tomorrow and get the background on the car. Is there a way to tell how long a car has been at the dealership without asking the dealer?
    Billy, I would just ask them how long they've had it. If they can't be honest with you about that??..then. I think I mentioned the aftermarket options/access. in my earlier post. If they added any of those; all weather mats, molding, running boards, undercoating, body sealer, etc. be sure you disregard those when your calculating your offer. Go to acurapartssuperstore.com and see what you can buy them for on line, the on-line stores are about 25% off list. Make it clear you aren't interested in any of the options, concentrate on the base value of the car. Most of these options take minutes for their technicians to install, far less than the amounts they show as values for them. You can always add their accessories into your offer, but never add more than the prices you can buy them for on-line, and don't be afraid to tell them that.
    If it is a fleet car they moved from their loaner fleet, they should be getting the $4G factory money back on it, that amt. may have increased? If it is 4G, they should be able to go to near 32G for a new base & $36G for Tech/PTG, & $37.5G for Tech/Ent, including their Des. charges. Anything you pay for a car with miles on it should be well under that.
    Also, remember the doc/adm fee dealers are charging is negotiable. Many dealers "preprint" these dealer charges right on their invoices when they quote you....like it is some kind of charge required by law! It is a charge the owner of the dealership tells his sales force he wants to make regardless of the deal. If it is a clean deal, esp. if you pay cash or get your financing elsewhere, they have no business in charging more than $50-100 to take your money and deposit it.
  • jarrettbojarrettbo Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am trying to find a base model 08 MDX in the New York/NJ area for about $32K. Does anyone know of a dealership that is selling for around that price?? I would be willing to drive some if need be also. Thanks!
    The simplest way is to go on-line, find what your looking for. Send the dealership an email and confirm what they have in a Base 08 and color your looking for. If a couple color combinations are acceptable you'll have more bargaining power. Do not talk on the phone with them. Once you know what they have. Give them your offer over the internet. Removes all the sales tactics you have to deal with at the store. When you give them you offer, make sure you tell them your offer included their dealer doc/fees, and destination. You should be able to buy one for 32 (ish) plus your tax and tag.
    mdxrrrr, I think i'm moving towards buying a brand new 08 base mdx. I had one experience buying a demo model (99 volvo xc70) and it was not a good one. Westchester Acura has 56! 08 mdx's in stock and another 35 09s right behind them. Is it possible to get the rear seat entertainment package without having to get the tech/ent package. My subaru outback lease is up in February so i'm in no rush. I wonder if November is going to bring even better deals. I appreciate the helpful advice.
  • jacobmjacobm Member Posts: 15
    do you know the website of the westchester acura that has all that in stock? I am looking for 08 mdx with tech and pt. and having a hard time finding it.
    thanks
    I was on the phone with West. Acura yesterday and was told they have zero '08's in stock (all trims) just two demo models with miles that they won't let go for less than invoice.

Impossible to find an '08 base model in Westchester it seems. I'll wait until mid-november when the incentives start on the '09's.
    Billy, the way these options are tied into packages is frustrating. My wife wanted the PTG so to get that I had to buy the Tech package and so far in my opinion the top end Garmin Nuvi which is about $800 blows away the NAV you get with the Tech package.
    Regarding your question: The only way to the rear entertainment system (DVD) you need to buy both the TECH package and the ENT package to get it. I struggled with this, we had a factory flipdown DVD in our last SUV....Didn't use it much...but nice to have on long trips.
    Our new MDX w/Tech/PTG doesn't have DVD either. One dealership offered to install an aftermarket ceiling mounted flip down for $1000. I think they use an outside source to do install it. Something I am considering is a one of these portable units that comes with a strap so you can strap it around the front seat head rest. Saw a Panansonic unit the other day at Costco for under $200 which included two wireless head phones. Not has clean as the factory flip down, but the portablity gives you multiple uses for it. For as little as we use ours, it is a tempting solution. Good Luck with your negotiations!
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I agree with Billy here..

I ended up buying Tech to get Rear Camera & PTG early sept.

In my mind the PTG is the only useful option for which I shelled out 3K. The rear camera is not that useful...proximity sensor are in my mind a better option.

Other then that NAV is not good...is outdated...
    lots of roads (> two years..not new roads) in my nbhd are not there.
    The car pool lanes near downtown San Diego (Have been around for > 5 years) confuses the systems...

Very happy with the drive and other amenities. Probably the best driving seven seater out there...

however If I have to do it all over again I would buy a base MDX and get aftermarket proximity sensors from hondaacuraworld.com
    According to their web site http://www.acuraofwestchester.com/ and the e-mail I received yesterday, they have plenty of O8s in stock or available. You have to be careful. There is Acura of Westchester which is in Larchmont, and West Chester Acura which is over the border in Pennsylvania. If you type in Westchesteracura.com it will bring you to the Pennsylvania dealer web site.
  • twokids4ustwokids4us Member Posts: 2
    Over here in Sunny CA (NorCal). Looking @ a MDX and I'm split between BASE vs Tech/Ent. The points you mention are very valid regarding pricing. I seem to be getting the run around with pricing so I'm wondering if I should head to SoCal or beyond...Any thoughts?
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    SoCal...specially orange county and south LA (Cerritos) area Acura dealers seems to me very easy and upfront to deal with.

I had a most pleasurable buying experience about a month ago through internet dept of Acura of Mission Vijieo

Cerritos Acura was good too..they were within $100.00

Have you tried carsdirect.com?
    twokids, I have seen other positive posts about the CA dealers. I would recommend you locate a color combination w/the pkg you want and work all your negotiations with their internet salesman. It helps keeps you from making an emotional decision or feeling like they are pressuring you into something. Be firm in your "email" (no phone) negotiations, they will work with you they need to move their '08's.

As far as if you buy from your local dealer, it doesn't matter regarding warranty. Warranty work is a profit center for all car dealers in today's market. The automakers reimburse them at their full shop rates. Any Acura dealer will gladly take care of any warranty work, you will still get the option of the free loaner, etc.

The only thing you may miss out on is any "free" service items (oil changes, etc), offered by distant dealer. But don't kid yourself, those "free" service items are included in your price when you buy from any dealer. Nothing is really "free".
    So if you do start negotiating with a dealer in another neighboring town, and the salesperson starts promoting their "free" services included with every sale to justify his higher price. Remind them you will not be using those services, so they have more reason to accept your lower offer!
  • twokids4ustwokids4us Member Posts: 2
    sanjay & mdxrr - thanks for the intel. I've been peppering a few dealers and it seems like the threshold is mid 30Ks. While I'm not in a rush to get a car, I do want to offload my VW Passat which has been an absolute piece of junk - contrast it with my wife's TL and there is no comparison with maintenance and reliability...

I will keep on it but I'm not desperate. It's interesting about the options - I can get a BASE 08 MDX low 30K quote vs the Tech/Ent package is $36-38K price point. That tells me that the Navi and DVD are marked up on these vehicles by $4-6+K which seems crazy to me.

Talking with my wife, I said I could get a BASE and then go get comparable after market Navi / DVD for a fraction of the cost. She's more about how the after market add-ons will be integrated in the car and she does have a point - I ain't into wires hanging all over the place and the portable DVD while convienent is klunky and can fall at times if you have a hard stop or something.

The prices in Socal are not juicy enough for me to consider given the amount of time I'd have to invest...
  • glenalmondglenalmond Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a brand new 08 MDX

I want to say thanks to everyone who has posted on this forum in the last couple of months it has been very informative and provided me a lot of knowledge before I went in and made my purchase. Now on to the details and lets see if you think I got a good deal.

08 MDX Sport + PTG with 26 miles on the odomoeter no Accessories
    Car + Destination = $38,500
    MA 5% state tax = $1925
    Document & Title fees = $ 295
    MA Plates =$86
    RMV Runs =$75
    Out the door price = $40,881
    Financing 2.9% for 60months

I signed the papers today and will be picking it up next Friday after I get back from a business trip. I pulled thr trigger now since this is the price level I wanted, there were very few left with the interior that I wanted (Ebony) and I had no luck whatsoever getting dealers to come down on price on used MDX's. I eve showed them the deal I was getting on new and how there was marginal difference in pricing between new and used.

So those are the reasons I feel good about the purchase (no buyers remorse) and mostly that is due to the very good info I picked up at this site.

Good luck to all you other potential buyers out there
  • jacobmjacobm Member Posts: 15
    went down to the dealer - promised me a price over the phone but the person I spoke to was not there and they would not honor it. Couldn't get them to go down any lower than 37,086.00 +760 dest +tax, title, and license fees. After all fees and ny tax my total was $41,298.00. Sounded like a really lousy deal to me so I left.

This was for an 08 mdx with tech (no pt).
  • dknepsterdknepster Member Posts: 3
    The original MSRP w/o any of the add-on options was $46,655.00--Tech w/ Rear Entertainment and PTG

My agreed upon price w/o the add-ons was $39,648.00.

With the add-ons of the roof rack, side body moldings, back up sensors, sport running boards and all-season mats...the total was about $42,648.00.

My buyout right now is ~ $45K. I also found out that American Honda does not allow transfer of leases. So I would essentially buy the SUV and take a bit of a hit to sell to someone else.

I would be looking to get $41K for sale. Sales tax would be the buyers responsibility.
    jacobm, if you really want that MDX, I would find their website, send an email to them and restate your offer, some of the sites have a box you can check stating you wish to only communicate via email. Most dealerships have an internet salesperson(s).
    If there are no extras added to that MDX, they should be able to sell just under $36G including dest, esp if it doesn't have PTG. I would give them an offer (give yourself $200 of room if needed) a few hundred over that and say that offer includes all their doc/adm fees,. That way they can work the numbers backward to show the price however they need to to make it work out for them, but your max price of let's say $36,200 plus tax and title doesn't change. Giving an inclusive offer, puts the ball in their court as to how much they are going to charge you for their doc/adm fees which ranges from $50 - over $500 depending on the dealership. With an inclusive offer you don't care you are simply telling them how much you are willing to spend.
    If you have the VIN of the car you were looking at that is even better so you get what you were wanting.
    Via email, you should be able to make your deal, instruct them to have all the paperwork ready, sch. your pickup, etc. Then when you get there you don't have to listen to them try to sell you a bunch of stuff you don't really need and can just sign your papers and be on your way.
    If they reject your offer, what have you lost? If they email you back in a couple days and ask you what they can do to make a deal, you will know you just won, because all you have to say is "you can take my offer". By them calling you back they are saying your offer is good, (or very close), if it wasn't they wouldn't have called you.
  • vavavoomvavavoom Member Posts: 42
    lol. sorry buddy, you drove the car off the lot, you won't be taking a "little" hit.
  • jiggieagentjiggieagent Member Posts: 3
    jacobm,

Smart move, that is a very crappy deal they offered you.
    In early October I picked up a 2008 MDX Tech with PTG for the following breakdown

Price - 35,439
    Dest - 760
    so, 36,199 before accessories and TTL

then the following accessories for a total of 1,056.85: Roof Rail, Sport Running Boards and Body Side Molding

Total before TTL was 37,255.85

I got that detailed quote plus the breakout of applicable NJ fees and taxes from the dealer (Dealer "A") I ultimately purchased from.

Another dealer (Dealer "B") told me they could beat that when I told them the quote over the phone the evening before, so I went down there the morning of my purchase. After a test drive, "B" re-opened negotiations at a much higher number which annoyed me. After a trip into his managers office, the salesman asked what price I wanted to pay, so I took out the detailed email from the other dealer, "A". He went back into the managers office 3 more times and couldn't get within $1,400 of the price with accessories, I had a quote on (1,000 over on car, 400 over on accessories).
    "B" then tried telling me the other dealer "A" would not honor that email, which is exactly what they "B" did by renegging on the over the phone qoute they gave me. I think the salesman thought his manager would come to the number to get the sale, since they had about 10 2008's left still at that point, but the manager wouldn't budge. The tension between the two at "B" became obvious as the salesman knew the sale would be lost after spending 90 minutes with me and the managers EXACT quote when he finally came out from behind that glass was "Even when the other dealer "A" doesn't honor that quote, you will still buy from them since they are closer to your house." TERRIBLE judgement call on his part, flat out wrong, and just POOR business sense.

I politely said thank you to "B", and stated if "A" doesn't honor their quote, I will come right back here to buy, but $1,400 dollars is signifigant enough for me to drive 30 minutes to the other dealer "A" to check it out.

So I get to the other dealer "A", give them my name on arrival and two minutes later they have the full invoice printed up matching to the penny the quote they gave me via email the prior day. 90 minutes later I was driving off the lot.

Thank You to everyone on this board for the information they have shared. I read it for over two months prior to my purchase and I felt I knew every angle of the deal I was looking to make, and I wound up very happy.
    jiggie, that is a great story! Your story also reinforces that is doesn't matter which dealer you buy from in the car business. When it comes to warranty work after the sale, any dealer in the country will gladly take care of you. Warranty work is a profit center for the dealership; paid by the manufacturer to the dealer.
    The only thing you may loose out on are the value-added things a dealer may include with each sale, such as free oil services, tire rotations, etc. But if the price is $1,400 higher I think one can do the math that you can pay for a life time of $29.00 oil changes at your neighborhood car shop.
  • rdriverrdriver Member Posts: 5
    A local dealer is offering $39,500 (including doc fees) for an '08 black MDX Sport + Ent with no options. The car has 300 miles and the dealer obtained the car through an auction. Is this a fair deal?
    Thank you.
    rdriver, a 300 mi MDX on an auction? That sounds a little odd. Wonder what the whole story is with that? There was a post on Oct. 14th of someone getting a New Sport/Ent for $39,900 plus ttl. If your dealer really did get that on auction, I would say he is still too high.
    What is the start of the warranty date? If you have lost most of the year that could be a point of negotiation.
    Are they selling it as a certified used car with extra warranty?
    Not sure if you have any other Acura dealers near you, but I would think you could almost match that price on a brand new sport/ent if there are any '08's left in your area.
    If you ask all the above questions and feel comfortable with the answers and you like the MDX...then...I'd say it is a acceptable.
  • verbearverbear Member Posts: 4
    It looks like the October $4000 incentives end today. Does anyone know what they'll do for November?
    The start date of the warranty is Apr of 2008 and the car is certified. So about 6 months of warranty is lost. With the certified 1 year 12,000 miles in addition to the original manufacture warranty, the total would be 4.5 years/~62,000 miles.

Brand new '08 MDX with sport + ent are difficult to come by and often ask for much higher price.

Here is an excerpt from the Carfax report.

Sold at auction
    in Indiana
    Listed as
    a manufacturer vehicle

Now given all this information, is $39,500 (doc fees included) a fair price?
    I would say with the extra warranty it is pretty fair. Not a great deal, but not a bad deal either. Esp. if it is a color combination you like. That's just my free 2 cents worth. Good Luck.
    The dealer offered $39,000 (including all doc fees) with no certification (selling it as a demo) with 6 months of warranty expired already. Is this a fair price? This is for 08 MDX Sport + Ent with 300 miles on it.
    You sound like you really want this MDX. If he is offering that I would say $39G (including all doc fees) include the certification extended warranty and he has a deal. What have you got to lose in saying that? Be firm.
    After seeing how bad the cars sales are off this past month, dealers are going to be getting very aggressive in trying to move inventory. We will eventually see dealers making deals that are cutting into their holdback money, just to move inventory.
    I think he will take your 39G offer w/the extra warranty.
    One thing I don't understand is how he is going to sell a car he bought on an auction as a "demo". If it was sold on an auction, it is "used", and that is how I would refer to it when you are negotiating to buy it. The warranty transfers either way.
    Maybe it is a "demo" but that adjective has more value than "used". Anytime he calls it a demo, clarify that it is "used". That will help your offer sound more attractive. Good Luck.
    He says the auction was a Honda manufacturer auction that only Honda/Acura dealers have access to. He also says that he doesn't know the exact history of the car, but likely that someone in corporate Honda likely would have driven the car for the first 300 miles.

I don't understand why it differs if the car is sold as a "demo" vs. a "certified (used)". Also, given that the car was never titled, why is it that the warranty has already started six months ago? Can you shed any light on this? You are a tremendous help.
  • speedy33speedy33 Member Posts: 6
    Jig - sounds like you got an excellent deal and also worked with a solid dealer. I'm in the market for an MDX, where is your dealer located? Thanks and enjoy your new ride!
    rdriver, if the car was never titled I am surprised they can't offer new warranty on it. I guess since it was sold, even if it was in the Honda/Acura dealer family, they had to put a start date on the warranty.
    Hey, we both know a car with 300 miles on it is the same as "New". If it has never been wrecked and it spotless, it is the same as a new car. Lucky for you, because of the 300 miles on the odometer and the fact that it is on it's 2nd owner, you can call it "Used".
    All things being equal, if there were 2 cars with 300 miles on them, which one would you think is worth the most? Answer: The dealer "Demo" car.
    Which one would you think is worth the least? Answer: The "Used".
    That is why when you are talking to the dealer about this car, you should refer to it as a "Used" car instead of a "Demo", even if the dealer calls it a "Demo". The dealer will call it "Demo", because the public is trained to think a "Demo" car is closer to "New".
    When you are negotiating your price with the dealer, you mentally devalue the car by referring to it as a Used car. Hope that makes since....It is just a play on words.
    That being said, I would stay firm on getting the Extended warranty included for your 39G price. Let me know how it turns out.