Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pookie13pookie13 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I got these quotes from some of the dealers in SF Bay area.

One showed me Tech/Ent for 40,700 with running boards.
    Another showed me 41200 with 700 cash back towards accessories.

What do you think of these prices?

They are saying that after 3/2, the price will be more because they are not producing the cars as before with bad economy.

My questions are: Should I wait for the next promotion? or just get it while the price is good?

Thank you for your input! ;)
  • accura_fanaccura_fan Member Posts: 5
    I'm from Seattle area and looking to buy 2009 MDX with Tech package. Did anyone purchase one recently and care to share the details?

I'm also looking at a 2008 Tech package with 16000 miles on it. The dealer has it posted at 37K. What would be the good price for that with that mileage in current economic situation?
  • kgolbykgolby Member Posts: 17
    $37K for an '08 w/ 16,000 miles on it???? That's way overpriced. People are posting they're getting brand new '09 Tech's for around $38-$39K. Why consider a 2 year old car when you can get a brand new one for a $1K or $2K more?
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    30-31K for used MDX with 16K mile
    You can get new one for 37K
  • mar1an1mar1an1 Member Posts: 38
    09 MDX with Tech package for 37k?
    I don't think that's possible.
    But I do agree that 30-31K for used 08MDX with 16k mile may be around the right price though I wouldn't go for it. 2010 models are usually going to come out at the end of the summer, thus the 08 and 09 will be drastically reduced.
    So if you can wait, you may get a better deal.

Just my 2 cents.....
    They're not making more probably because they're not selling more.
    There are few people in the forum, including myself, who're going to wait around. Even if this incentive is going to expire, there is usually another one at the end of the summer. Check out their stocks..... it's going down.
    Marian,

My bad...I would say MDX tech for 39K.
    Basis for 39K...A coworker bought base for 35K from a south LA dealer.
  • msdigitmsdigit Member Posts: 2
    Got several quotes for '09 MDX.
    1. 35,400 base
    2. 36,000 base includes, all-season mats and tire locks
    3. 39,600 MDX tech pkg

All quotes includes destination charges, not sure which is the better offer. Tech package or base? Heard there were differences in the tires between base, tech pkg, sports pkg. Thanks for insight, wisdom, thoughts and comments.
  • accura_fanaccura_fan Member Posts: 5
    Thanks All for the insight and replies. Dealers in Seattle area are very stubborn when it comes to price. I probably will wait for summer for good deal or if I pull the gun on 08 one, I would negotiate down to 30-31K.
    I bought MDX tech last sept.

In retrospect I should have gotten base because:

1) The Nav system is a piece of crap. it has very OLD maps. If you do get NAV make sure you have latest map version. The user interface is bad. Garmin is way better
    2) The upgraded Audio system is good but it requires DVD-Audio disks to really enjoy the music...so all the CD's I have do not take full advantage of upgraded audio.
    3) Backup camera is very deceptive and inaccurate. I am thinking of getting proximity sensors.
    3) Tri-zone climate control is good..but I can live without.
    4) Tech and above have Michelin (base have bridgestone). Your call which is better.

The only good feature is power tailgate and is very handy. but is it worth 3500 (cost of tech package) that you have to decide.
  • am359am359 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Springfield VA and am in the lookout for a new ACURA MDX with TECH package. I got a quote from a local dealer for 39,685 which includes destination charges. Is this a good qoute? Should I wait after 03/02 when supposedly new deals come out? Does anyone know any local dealers in northern VA where good prices are available?
    Thanks
  • mrlddstmrlddst Member Posts: 10
    I sent an email to Pohanka yesterday for a Tech and they called me back with a quote of $38200. I think that was the number anyway, but I believe that was before destination. I also got a call from Rosenthal who offered to beat the lowest deal quoted.
  • NoVa_VTECNoVa_VTEC Member Posts: 6
    you can do better than $39,686. The going rate for 09 MDX Tech best deals seems to be around 38.5k-39.0k, INCLUDING destination, if you had actually read this forum, instead of just coming in here and ask a random question.

Shall one wait after March 2? Tough call. Dealer said MDX's production had been way down so by April there might not be too many MDXs in inventory. If that's the case the rebate will not get better. But, it's all speculation at this point.

Northern VA: would recommend Pohanka. They are a volume dealer and can almost always match competitor's price.
  • pookie13pookie13 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. It is true. It was hard to find the color I like. If I did not care about the color, I would have waited. Well, I am buying tomorrow. It does not matter since I am not financing from the dealer. Hope they will be giving all the great low APR promotion after 3/3! ;)
  • steel72steel72 Member Posts: 1
    Anybody have color on pricing at either Springfield or Montclair? Here is what I have right now and I am looking to so something this w/end ... Springfield (preferred): 40k + TTL and Montclair: 40.6k + TTL. Both throwing in roof side bars (save $350ish). Both seem on the high side (especially with taint of first week of Jan prices when I was just starting the process) and looking for any wisdom as to where I should try to end up. Hearing limited supply from both places.
  • cdrvfcdrvf Member Posts: 12
    My new MDX finally arrived. 09 MDX + tech + ent + running boards. $41,500 OTD

love the car. Put a whole 1/2 mile on it so far. Had a cheaper price of 41,200 but not a color combo i wanted. Good luck to all on your purchases and thank you for all the invaluable info.
  • readyformyrlreadyformyrl Member Posts: 70
    That OTD price includes TTL or not?

Tks.
  • gmax50gmax50 Member Posts: 6
    I just came from Radley Acura in Falls Church, VA. They have several MDXs they are selling for below dealer invoice and dealer holdback. For example, they have a 09 Sport for $39,999, and a 09 Tech for 38150. If you are flexible on colors, you might get a great price. The sale runs through March 2
  • gmax50gmax50 Member Posts: 6
    I just closed the deal on a 09 MDX Tech Dark Cherry/Ebony int. for $38,299.18.
    I added the sport running boards and roof rails installed for $900 more.(They initially wanted $1,047. Could've bought them cheaper on ebay, but I paid for the convenience of the install)
    The particulars:

$38,299.18 09 MDX Tech
    $900 sport running boards & roof rails installed
    $385 Dealer processing fee
    $1187.53 3% VA sales tax
    $67.29 0.17% County tax
    $121 Registration, title, tags
    -----------
    $40,960 total out the door

Purchased at Radley Acura - Falls Church, VA. I wanted the Cherry Pearl w/ Ebony int, or I could have done a little better (see my previous post). Plus I couldn't find this color combo anywhere else around.
    Thanks for all the help I've received on this forum.

ps I financed @ half of it. My rate was 5.99% 48 months. Was hoping to do better.
  • SmartPantsSmartPants Member Posts: 7
    Any word on Acura's March 09 promotions - dont see any on their website yet - so wondering if anyone got any word from any dealers.. :confuse:
    I was about to post the same question ;P
    I guess we just have to wait and see until this weekend. I'm in no rush. Apparently as packed as each dealership during the weekend, many people are holding back. Many dealerships have been calling us non-stop; I just didn't have the time to return calls to entertain any offers yet.
  • mah6mah6 Member Posts: 1
    I just started shopping around for an MDX a few weeks ago and have access to a car buying service through USAA Insurance. The numbers quoted by USAA in February were very close to the figures people were sharing in this forum. I just checked the buying service today and the pricing is about $2,000 more than what was being quoted last month. I wonder if the dealers lost some of their manufacture incentive.
  • SmartPantsSmartPants Member Posts: 7
    I just got confirmation from a dealer that the promotion for March is same as Feb.. unfortunately it hasn't got any better
  • polarsandpolarsand Member Posts: 23
    Hi everyone, I was quoted for the MDX base Bali blue with ebony interior for $35,200 including destination and excluding TTL. I have been looking for this color combination and it seems nobody has it but pohanka Acura in northern VA. I worked many local dealers without stating the color. Pohanka would not budge more on the price and no other has the color combination. What do you guys think about the price?
    At least you know that they're still having that promotion, which means that sale wasn't that great in the month of February. March will mark the end of the first quarter. They will come out with the 2010 model at the end of the second quarter or early third quarter. I will wait out until June :) But that's me... I'm not in a hurry....
    We went to Acura of Ramsey and they seem to have a lot of colors combo available as of last weekend. The harder part would be if you're looking for the Sport package. They only had 1 left in the color combo that we wanted. For the tech package in any colour that we wanted, we were quoted at $39,716 (includes destination but not TTL) which I was told was a bit high by somebody in this forum who have purchased 5 cars from this dealership before. He got a quote for about $38.5K for Tech (includes destination but not TTL) . If memory serves me right (pls check the older messages), the sales manager's name is Stewart.

BTW, they didn't throw us the roof side bars though but the all weather mats (including the cargo mat)+ wheel locks. I tried to ask them to throw in the remote starter. We didn't go back to them at that price as we decided to wait for a better financing and incentive :)
  • klenjklenj Member Posts: 23
    As I mentioned before, I have always recieved the best price from Acura of Ramsey after shopping around other dealers.

On 12/31/08 I purchased 2009 MDX Tech
    Invoice 41,684.
    Dealer Incentive -2,000.
    Dealer holdback -1,320.
    Total cost $38,364

I paid 38,400 incl dest. +TTL with 2.9 finance.
    They also matched the lowest Internet price I could find for accesories. Salesman is Daniel and asst sales manager is Stew
  • chi5chi5 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the Chicago area and am looking for a Certified Pre-owned 2008 MDX Tech with < 10000 miles. Can't seem to find one for < $37K. Anyone buy one of these recently?`
  • hello1061hello1061 Member Posts: 7
    Hi -
    I am from St. Louis and bought a 2009 MDX Tech for roughly $35,250 with 3500 miles. As I read these posts, I realize how good of a deal I got. I traded in a 2000 minivan that was worth roughly $3000 so it's hard to give an exact figure. See my previous post #7840 and #7857.

Good luck!
  • enforcerenforcer Member Posts: 40
    I don't think that's a good deal, you essentially got a used car for <10% discount. It loses quite a bit more than $3k once you drive it off the lot, more like 20%. The only benefit is if you get a certified used deal which extends the warranty another year and for more miles, which is worth something.
  • mrlddstmrlddst Member Posts: 10
    I purchased an '09 Tech/Ent used (It was the dealer loaner) for 38,100 before TTL. It included one accessories (wouldn't budge on one more :cry: ) and a 3M invisible bra and invisible door guards. If you consider I was $2000 over my trade car, then the car was $36,100 before the trade-in. I called around to all the dealers with 200 miles and no one could beat it, not even Pohanka. Judging by the board, it wasn't the best deal, but I'm happy. I had posted earlier regarding this MDX, they originally wouldn't go below 41500 before TTL but after a few days of letting it marinate, they came down.
  • hello1061hello1061 Member Posts: 7
    I was a deal certified car and other than the 3500 miles (which really doesn't matter to me because I'll add plenty of my own) it's basically brand new. It's in excellent shape. I think I did pretty well. Take care!
  • msdigitmsdigit Member Posts: 2
    :D Thank you!
  • bwedotnetbwedotnet Member Posts: 48
    Just bought an 2009 MDX Base for $35,511. Sterling Gray/Ebony. Anaheim, CA. Very satisfied with the price and the dealer.
    Yes, I remember your posting. It's a very good price and good deal on the 2.9 APR. The salesperson we're dealing with at Acura of Ramsey hesitated to match the price (need to have it in writing and show it to his manager, I believe the same manager Stew), and we're really not in a hury as I don't know what kind of APR they're offering.
    So we'll wait :)
  • mannynmannyn Member Posts: 7
    i also live NJ & interested in buying new mdx with tech, we can combine our purchase, if Ramsay Acura is ready to give at 38K @ 2,9%..

Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Manny
  • mim8mim8 Member Posts: 14
    I am looking to buy an MDX in Northern Virginia...anyone interested in joining me....
    Just purchased a 2009 MDX Tech for $37922 +TTL in Chicagoland.
  • jpneedcarjpneedcar Member Posts: 11
    Hello,

I also live in NJ and planning to buy 2009 MDX Tech. I'm ready to combine purchase with both of you if that gets us better deal, say around $37K with 2.9%. Thanks.
  • jpneedcarjpneedcar Member Posts: 11
    mim8..hi, what is the price quote you are getting?
  • ecole2ecole2 Member Posts: 3
    What dealer did you purchase your MDX tech from in Chicagoland? Was it a good experience?
  • mim8mim8 Member Posts: 14
    I told them that I saw a posting for 38,300 that included destination and they said they would come to satisfactory terms with me...we did not sit down and talk final price....I do want roof railsand all weather mats and they know I want to negotiate that separately...I have gotten prices from hondaacura world that are really good...
    are you interested in buying...
    We purchased the MDX at Acura of Libertyville. The experience was great! They didn't seem to play any games and were very straightforward with us. We had a very poor experience at McGrath of Westmont. They were dishonest and downright rude.
  • krb2525krb2525 Member Posts: 6
    Hi all, I purchased a 09 MDX Tech/Ent for $41,200 (incl dest) in NYC at the end of Feb. I am curious as to if this was a great deal or just a good deal or even a bad deal. Let me know please.

Also, I got the roof rails and sport running boards for $1,295 installed (they were only willing to throw in the cargo net for free). I do feel as if I was taken to the cleaners on these options :mad: . Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help
    Hi guys,
    I don't know if Acura of Ramsey is going to come down that low. The folk who got it around $37.9, got that numbers somewhere in Chicago. The best quote so far by Acura of Ramsey is the one that klenj provided. He got it back in December though.
    I've been holding to see if they have better incentives this month as well as financing. From what I read in this forum, the February deal is still in effect (manufacturer's rebate). It may get better closer to the end of the month as they're trying to close the first quarter of '09.
    Are you guys in a rush to get the car or you're all flexible with timing?

Let's keep in touch.
    Well, I think it's kinda too late to think about the pricing now that you have purchased the car.

The 09 MDX Tech's best price in NY tristate area is around $38-38.5 (this is not what I was quoted for though, somebody else in this forum got this type of deal). I was told that the Entertainment package is about $1600. When you add them up, you're looking at around $40.1 (include destination) at the best case scenario.

The running board is a bit too expensive too. I think I was quoted for about $750 for the running board, but I can't remember for sure. It's just that your number at $1295 seems to be excessive.

Sorry....
  • krb2525krb2525 Member Posts: 6
    I got curious about pricing just for my piece of mind only. after looking at some of the other posts it appears that the price for the car was just an okay deal.

As for the options, the $1295 was for the roof rails AND the sport running boards incl labor (can't reallly count the cargo net included free as it retails for only $40); Upon further investigation with other tristate dealers is not a great deal but def not a bad deal.

Thanks for the help!
  • trendyshoppertrendyshopper Member Posts: 2
    also looking to get an MDX in northern Virginia. Currently speaking with a rep with Pohanka, but.... Did u get a good deal? I'm interested in joining you...
  • jephyboy1jephyboy1 Member Posts: 13
    I'd also be interested in see what prices people get in the Capitol area. Also spoke with someone at Pohanka, but he was of no help what so ever. I'll let it simmer in for a couple of weeks and try again.
  • mdx4wife1mdx4wife1 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for an 08 or 09 with Tech and Ent in SF Bay area. I don&#146;t see any incentives out there for Acura. If that&#146;s correct, it seems a bit strange that Acura wouldn&#146;t be putting out some sort of incentive at the moment. Sales tax goes up 1% in CA on Apr 1st so looking to buy before then.
    Have a quote from USAA buyer service for $41,171 for an 09. Can I do better than that in this area? thanks