Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• klenjklenj Member Posts: 23
    Spoke to friend at Ramsey Acura, North Jersey. He told me inventory is low and production was cut. Not many great deals in near future. I finaly made a smart decision when I purchased on New Years eve even though my lease was not up untill March.
  • qinatusqinatus Member Posts: 3
    Could you please tell which dealer gave you this quote? Sounds good deal and I am also interested. BTW, I am in Bay Area too. :)
  • lucien3lucien3 Member Posts: 3
    With a bit more discussion we closed on and picked up the new MDX Tech w/Roof Rails, BSideMldg, SPort RBrds, Dual Mats incl Dest for $40.3K from Acura of Ramsey, in what was one our most pleasing car buying experiences. Really a top notch set of people over there. :)
  • mar1an1mar1an1 Member Posts: 38
    Hi, can you tell me if they ever give you a quote on the plain MDX Tech? (incl destination charge)
    I wonder what type of prices that they're giving out this day. And if you don't mind letting me know the salesperson (name or initial, I'll look it up).
    What color options do they have left as well as the type of financing that they offer?

Thanks
  • tlgoodstlgoods Member Posts: 5
    Congrats on the new car... I agree that I would rather deal with them, then some of the other local dealers. Was there an issue with getting you colors, or did you have your choice of anything?
    Acura of Ramsey Salesperson is Daniel Schapiro ext 249
  • mim8mim8 Member Posts: 14
    does this price include taxes..
  • lodi12lodi12 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased Tech + Ent in city of Elk Grove CA for $40,500. That included dest. charge. Salesman was very straightforward, helpful, and wanted to beat anyone's price. I was happy with the deal and was the best I could find from Sacramento area to bay area.
  • jephyboy1jephyboy1 Member Posts: 13
    Chevy Chase, MD for a new '09 with tech is 38,6xx (no TTL, no Destination). From the conversation definitely sounds like they will be able to come down a bit, to make up for the destination charge. Any thoughts?
  • futureddsfuturedds Member Posts: 11
    Just left 500$ as a deposit for Tech MDX at paragon NYC, destination and car 39.5k. No one gave me a better price. If any one has any suggestion where i can get a better deal that would be great. Also finance rate i have 4.49 from Bank of America.
    Thanks
  • ktikti Member Posts: 3
    I went to Acura dealer in Atlanta for a MDX. The salesman offered 42K (including destination). Is it a good deal? I read that someone got 40~41K deal recently.
    Any suggestion is welcome!
    Kevin
    About which package are you talking about ?
    It is Tech + Entertainment package for 42K.
    i think it should cost 1600$ for Entertainment so in my case it would be 39.5 + 1.600 = 41.1K including destination
    Thanks futureadds,
    I was told that Entertainment package cost is $2000. so 39.5+2 = 41.5K close to 42K. But I am expecting more discount from them, like 39~40K total.
  • gooniyagooniya Member Posts: 1
    ...2005 MDX Loaded...with abt 48000 miles for 19890 + Tax + Reg.

How is that for a deal?
    When i came to the dealership i wanted to get Tech for 37K. This price was not realistic. You need to look at the invoice price - 2K rebate and that is the best you can do at this point i think. I got Invoice price - 2.184K. I tried hard to get a better deal but they just didn't want to sell it for less. If you can get the car for 40.5K that is a crazy good deal. If i would have more money i would get sport because of the quality of leather.
    I went to KBB website, and chose every single option and trade in value came out to be 18.7K. If your car has all the options possible and running boards, i think thats the price that you should try to get.
  • jsc_usajsc_usa Member Posts: 11
    Other than MDX tech + dest, does this price include anything else (acc, TTL, etc)?

Thanks.
    no the price only includes MDX tech and destination total with NYC tax came out to 43025.
  • ny2104ny2104 Member Posts: 5
    I closed yesterday on an MDX Tech&Entertainment with running boards, roof rails, crossbars, and locks for $41.9K + TTL. Dealer is Lehigh Valley Acura. All negotiated through e-mail, very easy. Picking up on Wednesday :)
  • polarsandpolarsand Member Posts: 23
    Are sales slowing down so much?
  • jsc_usajsc_usa Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone have any clue about the incentive/rebate/low-rate for April?
  • jpneedcarjpneedcar Member Posts: 11
    Hello ny2104, Can you tell us the sales consulant name? Looks like the entertainment package costs roughly about $1600. So, without the entertainment pkg, do you think we can get the MDX + tech with those accessories for $40.3K? Thanks
  • acura2009aacura2009a Member Posts: 1
    Chose Pohanka in Chantilly, VA - my Internet salesperson was excellent - all done over e-mail/phone. I paid $41,895 for the 2009 MDX with Tech/Entertainment which included sport running boards, door edge guard, cargo net, wheel locks, all season mats. The car had 16 miles on it black on black colors. So the car including destination and processing fees cost $40,800 and the accessories cost $1.095. If you want the exact out the door price with Virginia sales tax, registration, etc. the total was $43,285.14.

I contacted 4 dealers near me and all were quick to respond and all were professional - no games from any. My Internet sales rep was quite friendly without an ego. He took a long time to explain all the car features to my wife and I taking approx an hour "after" the sale was made. The other guy I met at the dealership which took the check and sells the add on warranty, etc. was not pushy and very informative. Their service dept lounge was excellent with free Internet access, food, etc. Wish I was allowed to say my reps name (m) on this forum.

Hope this helps everyone.
    Hello Acura2009a,

That is an excellent deal. Do you have an email from the dealer showing that price quote, that way I can show that to the dealer in NJ / NY to match it. Also, can you pass on the agent name you have dealt with and your email address, I would like check few things with you, pls. Thanks
    JPneedcar - The invoice price difference between the Tech & Tech/Ent is $1587, so $40.3K is a fair price for Tech only. I would think it would depend on if what they have in stock meets your color choices. The internet sales woman listed on their site is who we dealt with(sorry, can't list her name here), and she is great!

We were very happy with the entire experience with Lehigh Valley, picking up the car tonight. If you subtract the cost of our installed options $1,700, the cost of the Tech/Ent was $40,200 including delivery fee so we're also happy with the deal we received. Their prices were $800-$1500 lower than 4 other quotes, with some thinking Lehigh made a mistake.

We have excellent credit and was offered a 5.94% APR through their business mgr, but opted for a 4.71% through Capital One. I would suggest you securing financing now(if you're financing) or delay the pick-up of the vehicle like we did so that you are not forced to utilize their rates. We will save $1500 over the term of the loan by going this route.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck!
    CORRECTION: - JPneedcar - The invoice price difference between the Tech & Tech/Ent is $1587, so $40.3K is a fair price for Tech only, including installed accessories - sport running boards, roof rails, cross bars, & wheel locks.......Sorry, didn't want to confuse anyone!
    If interested I got 4.5% financing for 60 months or 5.20 for 72 months from Bank of America 2 weeks ago. I applied online and a recieved a decision in 2 seconds.

By the way, the wood steering wheel upgrade is worth every penny. It gives the car a more luxurious feel and the grip is much thicker. the OEM steering wheel feels way cheap in comparison after experiencing the upgrade.

MDX base, Bali blue/ebony
    Sport running boards
    Backup sensors
    All-weather mats and cargo tray
    Wood steering wheel and shift knob
    Cargo cover
  • lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    I also purchased from Pohanka. Very good sales representatives and a very pleasant experience. There were a number of people on this forum that went in together to get the best price... and I believe we did. I was asked not to post the price by Pohanka and will respect that request. However, if you push hard, you can get a great, and I mean GREAT deal from them.

I purchased the sport version with sport running boards, all weather mats, cargo tray and wheel locks.

I also received 4.59% financing through Honda Financial which the purchase. Find a credit union that has a great rate and simply quote that rate and ask if they can accomodate. Do it while you are in the finance office so that you are either walking away from the car that day, or they will come down and get very close.

If you are interested in our experience buying as a group, my email is available in this forum a few pages back.
  • NoVa_VTECNoVa_VTEC Member Posts: 6
    Purchased 09 Tech+Ent from Pohanka Acura in late Feb.

As a returning customer I was treated pretty well. They matched and beat the best price I was offered from nearby dealers. It was end of Feb, slowest time of the year therefore I got a slightly better price than some of the numbers posted here in March.
    Also got a decent but not great deal on Roof Rails+Cross Bars+Body Side Moldings.

I would recommend Pohanka to anyone for good price and reasonable service.
  • arukaruk Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am planning to buy MDX in 2 weeks in DFW area, Is there any one recently bought from Dallas, DFW area.

I appreciate if you reveal the Best Deal for Tech + Entertainment Package

Thanks
  • xpgincxpginc Member Posts: 3
    Looking to lease 09 MDX Sport w/Ent. Currently have a 2 quotes for 42100 includes destination. Money factor on lease of .00215 with 47% residual at 10000 miles. $1200 down and payments of $738 36mo. Have not seen and MDX's configured this way on this forum. Is this a good price?
    Thanks
    I think the the residual is a bit low for 10K miles/year. I have seen people getting 52% residual value/36 months lease.
    That is what I was thinking, but they said the higher trim lines have poorer residual than the base model. Have you seen and thing from honda finance regarding current residuals?
    I have seen 52% on tech/entertainment but to have it it dropped to 47% on the sport trim seems steep IMHO.
  • microfiltermicrofilter Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from a local dealer in the Chicagoland Area for $38,868 for an 09 MDX Tech (price before destination and ttl), should i jump on it?

Tks
    Hi microfilter,

Do you know how much is the doc fee in your area. I've heard in California it is less than $100. For the same package in NJ, I am getting $39, 500 w/ destination. And with Roof Rails, Sport running board, body Molding and All season Mat for $40, 500K + doc ($185) + TTL.

Thanks
  • nat0nat0 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Can you please email me the price or the offer from the Pohanka dealer, I am trying to get a base MDX in NJ

Can go to VA if good price...

sapconsultant2009@yahoo.com

Appreciate it...

Just in case it is the Tech, let me have that as well, might settle in for that
    email me at so that we can pool together to get good prices, time is running out...only 4 days left. Think we may not get the same deals next month based on my experience on search for 09 RX 350 in lieu, none of the dealers have it and the few who have 1-2 pieces left wanted to sell at a margin.

So if we want it, think taking chances for next month may be a bit risky

• rnh204rnh204 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Just purchased my MDX Tech for $39,500 (including Destination), excluding is $38,740. It came with all weather mats, all weather truck tray, and wheel locks. I purchased from Paragon Acura from Steven Deng (who was relatively honest). I have to say there are quite a few sales men at Paragon there that are very dishonest.

I was originally going to go with another board member to buy and we were promised a deal of $38,740 INCLUDING destination, but as soon as I got there, they told me I must have heard the wrong thing. Plaza Auto Mall tried to entice the other board member to go by saying they could beat the $39.5K from paragon, but as soon as he got there, they said, whoever told you that gave you bad information.
  • xxcarguyxxxxcarguyxx Member Posts: 1
    I am sick of all the people on this site and others like it talking about how little you are paying for these NEW Acuras. You are what's driving dealers out of business in this country. Dealerships have a right to make a profit on the product that they are selling. If they didn't they would all just go under and this country's economy would sink even further into the crapper. I have bought my share of new and used cars and have always been fair when negotiating prices. Fist of all, the "holdback" should NEVER be touched. That money all goes to pay for overhead and should never even be brought up. There are also several people, like the sales person and sales manager, who need to be paid.

When here are dealer incentives, like $2000 in dealer cash, paying invoice or $500 under is a "fair" price.

Think about what you are doing when you are buying a car and remember that Karma's a Bith(.
    Carguy - good point, however knowing all that facts going in help to weed out the underhanded dealers. Knowing the residual and money factor, dealer invoice etc is important. I am happy to see a free flow of information, sites like this have been up for years and it seems we still have plenty of good honest auto dealers out there.
  • jdyahoojdyahoo Member Posts: 5
    xxcarguyxx,

Shut up. The dealer has the right to say "NO" to any offer. Consumers have a right to get the best deal they possibly can.

Best Regards
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Now, now.. everyone is entitled to their opinion..

As misguided as it may be... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chris_kchris_k Member Posts: 4
    Just got an MDX Tech from David McDavid in Plano. It was a wonderful buying experience. The New Car Sales Manager (CS) was very professional and is a man of his word (believe me, I tested him trying to get a better deal at other dealerships). There are 3 other dealers in the Dallas Ft. Worth area and McDavid had the best price. Our sales rep (DJ) did a great job showing us the features of the car and setting my wife up with her customized features and blue tooth.

The price I paid was a very good deal. I don't think any of the DFW dealers are going to get to the $38,400 range as others have talked about in different parts of the country, but you should be able to get a car for the high $39,xxx's.

A couple of words of caution about the MDX supply in DFW. The Acura dealership in Austin just got hit by a massive hailstorm (golf ball sized, smashed in moon roofs, etc...). When we closed on the car today there was a big truck that was loading up to ship Acuras down to the Austin dealership. This will limit the supply a bit. The sales rep at Goodson told me that Honda suspended making MDXs in January in order to keep the prices relatively higher by not having an over supply. The Goodson rep told me that he had very little inventory, and that the list of cars on his website was a virtual list. He said that if there is not a VIN number next to the car on the website then they don't have that car. He seemed to imply that the DFW dealers were pulling from the same inventory. McDavid's website has VINs on their cars so I suspect that they have the cars in stock. I guess this is a long way of me saying that if you want an MDX, then buy it now because the supply is only going to dwindle and there is no guarantee that Acura will keep up the $2k dealer cash.

The Ft. Worth dealer was cheesy and seemed to be playing games like offering a program car with 5000 miles for the same price they said they would give me a new car. The Arlington dealership didn't have a very good price and didn't want to deal.
  • tlgoodstlgoods Member Posts: 5
    I am interested, and would purchase MDX tech this week for the right price... Looking to purchase from Ramsey Acura.
    See Daniel Schapiro at Acura of Ramsey, he is the best car salesman I have dealt with in North Jersey.
  • kd55kd55 Member Posts: 6
    I'm in the DC/MD/VA area and will be shopping for MDX w/ a tech/entertainment pkg. Looking for recent prices w/ area dealers. Also, is the sport package better then the technology?
    Have these prices from dealer in NJ, assume includes destination though not specified. Also noticed that NY has doc fee limitation of $50, whereas NJ dealer sounded like $399

The prices below are pretty much like 15% off MSRP

MDX $41,750
    $35,570

MDX Tech $45,800
    $38,942

MDX Tech w/Ent $47,550
    $40,529

MDX Sport w/Ent $49,650
    $42,434

If 2-3 of us can pool in, I am sure with the month end we can get a great deal here, send me email, contact phone details so that we can coordinate.