Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• scrapszscrapsz Member Posts: 4
    Dealer stock is getting very low. I'm unable to find the Sport/Ent I want in Sterling Gray Metallic/Ebony in my area. Local dealer found one in Wisconsin he's able to trade for. They want me to shell out 500 over invoice to have it shipped to Western PA. The 2.9 rate is very good but I am not sure I want to pay 45000 for a 2009 when the 2010 will be out soon.
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    Motorcars Acura in Cleveland has some Sport/Ent, and last week had a Sport/Ent Demo in Gray/Ebony. I worked with a good salesperson there when I got my Tech/Ent....
    Thanks amcdad...I will drop them a line. Not too keen on a Demo, but if the miles are low enough and the deal is right, you never know.
  • raj71raj71 Member Posts: 7
    Its in Dallas not in Houston
  • gorillamonsoongorillamonsoon Member Posts: 24
    I did see on Consumer Reports that for June they have a dealer incentive on the MDX (box says "yes" for dealer incentive). I have not ordered their report but that semi-confirms it
  • csd92614csd92614 Member Posts: 3
    The $2000 incentive has been continued. I just purchased the tech/ent for $40,550 plus tax, title and license fee. Great car at a great price.
    In which city did you get this deal?
  • longfrancelongfrance Member Posts: 19
    Hi everyone. We are about to start a family and really want to get an MDX as our family vehicle. We want to put in an offer on a used 2008 MDX Tech Package w/ 13k miles for 35k... is that reasonable or are we just dreaming?
    I'd say the dealer should take you up on that offer.

Some have posted new '09 Techs being purchased for only a few grand more. If you're financing, I'd suggest you look at the 09 as the current 3.9 rate is likely 2% under the best used car rates. In the end, you may be able to get new for the same or little more each month than the 08.

If your heart is set on the 08, and I can relate...then maybe come in a little lower and see if you cannot negotiate something better.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I think 35K for 08 tech is little too much
    Carsdirect is selling new 2009 for 40K in 92626 zipcode.
    I believe you can knock off another 1000 by negotioting directly.

Couple of folks have bought new base (No option)for 35K from tustin and Acura of Mission Vijio....so 38-39K for new Tech with 3.9% APR might be a better way to go...
    If you want 2008 then try to get it in 32~33K range
  • longfrancelongfrance Member Posts: 19
    Thank you so much for your input! We feel like we're much more armed to go to battle at the dealerships!

Will let everyone know how it goes. I've got research from this forum and a 2-page Notes and Negotiation Tips on Buying a New Car from a negociation/leadership seminar.
  • rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    when i was researching in getting a new mdx last sept, 08 techs were selling for about $38k and had 2.9% for 60 mo. now i think you should be able to talk them down a little bit more. i am assuming the price given is a CPO mdx?
  • zaheerzaheer Member Posts: 23
    You have several options at the end of the lease if you are planning to purchase. I was able to negotiate a one-year extension without any rent payments a couple of years back. All I paid for was depreciation and the Bank agreed to it since they did not want to take the car back. After the year was up, I purchased the car at a much lower residual value.

The price you pay at the end of the lease is fully negotiable. The best time to start the process is when you have about 2 - 3 months left on the lease. Do not inform the Bank / Finance company about how much mileage you have on the car. If you have lower miles than allowed, then the car may be worth more than the residual value. If you have exceeded the miles, it will be worth less but you will have to pay for the miles. As others have said, it also depends a lot on market conditions. If the car is worth more than the residual, the Bank will not negotiate very much. However, if the market is flooded with lease returns and the auction prices are low, you may have some room to negotiate. In any case, make sure you get back the Deposit you have on the lease and wrap up the negotiations before the lease ends.
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    Being offered 43785 incl dest for 2009 Sport/Ent pkg at one dealership (plus some $499 protection package) with the colors I want vs. another local dealership which is offering one for 43000 even incl dest (but not the color I want).

Are these good deals?
  • tarepanda1tarepanda1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm thinking to purchase certified used 2006 Acura MDX and my budget is 20K. When I do my bargain, how low can I go? 25% from offer price? Has anyone purchased one recently? How much did you pay? Any recommendation for car dealers with good customer service around Chicago area? Thanks!
  • microcuts629microcuts629 Member Posts: 2
    Brag: Purchased late May. (Beat: I suck at negotiating.).

I emailed/called a bunch of dealers in the area and asked if they had any in stock. Got quotes ranging from $36,500 to $38,500. One guy gave a quote of $36,000 on the phone but was 40 miles away. Went to dealer closest to me, who claim they are number 1 in sales and service, and asked for $35,500, based on the numbers from this forum. They only went to $36000 (price includes the destination and the $2000 incentive but not TTL). Rest of the time was spent negotiating my trade-in. Took the deal. Not the best deal by any means but not too bad...I think.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    AHF will not negotiate the residual value (too high)on my 06 MDX, which is low mileage. One dealer would sell it back at $200.00 less than the stated residual. A second dealer stated I would have to turn it in and wait until they find out from AHF what their price would be to purchase and sell to me. If anyone else tried to purchase a vehicle off lease via an Acura dealer your feedback is appreciated.
  • frankf2frankf2 Member Posts: 17
    The best I saw in this forum is 42500 last month in NJ. I think between 42500 and 43000 are reasonable, acceptable offer, if the color matches your dream. Why you like sport/ent, not tech/ent? I just try to convince myself to spend 1000 more for a some reasons.
  • cbusireddycbusireddy Member Posts: 33
    I just saw in a website that the current mdx cash rebates are in the range: 1,250-$3,000 and expires 7/6/2009. Can any one confirm? If it is 3K we should be looking at 34K for the base.
    I cannot confirm 3k...however I can say I got 2k. 44k for 09 Sport/Ent w/SRB and BSM
    Can you tell which site did you see 3K off?
    the site name is autobrag.com. I use this site to see the incentives on cars.Go to "Select Your Car & Make An Offer", you will see the rebates listed. :)
  • kdaddykdaddy Member Posts: 2
    Can you please send me the sales person contact info. I live in Nashvill also. I would love get the same deal and hopefully you get some referral bonus.
    Thank you my email is ru4sure@hotmail.com
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    I like the sport seats and rims, mostly. The sport mode is pretty cool too.

I guess i'd be open to a Tech/Ent if they upgraded the rims.
  • gb111gb111 Member Posts: 7
    Hi all -

I've reviewed recent posts on price paid for 2009 MDX with Tech/Ent. The lowest i found was 40,550. Would ~41K be a fair price to offer in the bay area?

Thanks!
  • lookin4newsuvlookin4newsuv Member Posts: 14
    im also looking in the bay area.
    i';m getting $35300 for tech pkg.. you can do the math for tech/ent.
    is 35.3K price for base mdx or Tech pkg. Can you please clarify? This is the lowest price I have heard on this forum for Tech.
  • gb111gb111 Member Posts: 7
    I'm guessing base. MSRP on tech is 45K.
  • cabluecablue Member Posts: 48
    Is it just my imagination, or are the seats in the Sport more comfortable? I know they're perforated, but is the actual seat cushioned differently? Also, trying to decide whether to buy now or wait for the 2010. What factors led some to buy now rather than wait other than, of course, needing a car immediately. I know there are some good deals now, but I'm sure the '09s will be discounted even more at the end of August. Just curious. Thanks! :)
  • spymanspyman Member Posts: 2
    I assume your 35.3k is for the base model. which dealer in bay area gave you this quote?
    I have a quote from stevenscreek Acura in san jose
    they gave me $39600 + 4 year maintaince .
    is that a resonable quote ? they dont have the car yet in stock tho.
    this is weird .. but may be i'm old school.
    many dealers in bay area are selling cars that they don't even have.

atleast 3 dealers that i know are asking to put in a deposit for the cars at EXTREMELY low price and they dont even have the VIN # .
    cars are expected in July and by that time the financing and cash-back rebate offers will be gone.. is this normal ? or shd i go buy from dealer that have the car on lot but selling for higher price .
  • scorcobra76scorcobra76 Member Posts: 9
    Where in the bay area? I'll take off work to jump on that deal. But for reals though, sounds like a base. If it was, can you provide the salesman and the place? I'll jump on it in no time.
    we cud do group buying . he said he will do better on pricing if there are more referrals. Its not base.. its Tech Pkg.
    its @ Pleasonton Acura
    Wow !! that's a great price. Wish I lived in Calif not in NJ. Please let me know the discount breakup if you buy from this dealer. Even if we assume 3000 rebate, he is giving you an extra discount of $1000, which is awesome. I will see if I can get anything close in NJ based on your breakdown....or keep waiting. Thanks in advance. :)
  • indecisionindecision Member Posts: 22
    I love the MDX but a new one is just out of my price range - Ive found 2 certified pre-owned 2007s. One base and one tech/entertainment. Both with low mileage (under 15000). What would be a fair price? I really want the tech/ent package but it still might be too much.
    Thanks for your help.
    If it's the real deal, I'm ON. That price is UNREAL and unheard of on these forums. must me a legend. Let me know when you plan on buying. I'll take it even if it's $37k.
    i think you probably didn't read it right.. its $39,600 not $36,900 :)
    Are you joking or playing around? Everyone on this board know you posted on post #8343 indicated a price of $35,300 at Pleasanton Acura http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0be515.ef0b87c/8342#MSG8342

Quote #8343: im also looking in the bay area.
    i';m getting $35300 for tech pkg.. you can do the math for tech/ent.

Quote #8351: we cud do group buying . he said he will do better on pricing if there are more referrals. Its not base.. its Tech Pkg.
    its Pleasonton Acura

Unless everyone on this board is illiterate, I don't think I misread.
    thanks for correcting.. that must have been a typo.
    its $39300
    i'm pulling the trigger tomorrow afternoon.
    lets see if the prices i got were just low-ball offers or real ones.
    I knew it was too good to be true. Back to waiting for the year end clearance. $39300? I was able to secure it for $38700 without any negotiation whatsoever.
  • nyernyer Member Posts: 32
    Has anyone recently purchased one in the NY area?
    where did u get $38700 ? and when ? i heard prices were down last month but not any more.

what makes you think it will be any cheaper @ year end clearance ?
    Inventory is not going to get any better... and if the $2000 market support it is gone, prices will only go up not down .
  • iampppqqqiampppqqq Member Posts: 1
    Do they have Technology Package w/Entertainment for 1.7k higher? Thanks in advance. I am in San Jose so group buying is doable.
    I know this is a bit Off Topic but then again this forum has the most people on it so i thought i'll ask anyway..

any website recommendations to buy MDX accessories such as weather mats , cargo net etc ? I don't want to get these from the dealer .. they got a real high margin.
    ty
    Has anyone purchased MDX in houston in the past 1 month or so. Pls give the details about the price and dealer info.
    Thanks
  • mgdiazmgdiaz Member Posts: 6
    Try www.acurapartssuperstore.com I bought some accessories from them for my '09 MDX at pretty decent prices.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    hondaacuraworld.com
    weathertech for floor liner/mats
    thanks guys.. responses much appreciated!
    this is a great forum for some one like me who knows so little about car buying and other related subjects.

on another note , are are any websites you guys know that talk about car colors that are low maintaince and hide dirt/scratches well ?
    thanks again.
  • ag2ag2 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a 2009 Tech/Ent in the Atlanta area. What are your thoughts on a fair price? Thanks for any help!