Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• zx11zx11 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks m3rcy. This is a great forum for leveling the playing field. Just starting the buying process now. Will likely wait til late August for the best deals as my review of prior year posts on this and other forums indicate that incentives peaked in August. Will keep everyone posted on my experience and price paid.
  • pej7445pej7445 Member Posts: 7
    I have confirmed information from Ron at Jenkins Acura in Ocala, FL (they are the best dealer around) that they extended the $2000 dealer cash for the 09 MDX until September 8th, 2009.

Happy shopping.

PJ
  • jyao888jyao888 Member Posts: 32
    Try Open Road Acura, Wayne, NJ.
    It's the best price I got back in May.
    The purchase experience is great thru internet quote and got into sale floor.
  • 4mdx44mdx4 Member Posts: 7
    What is a fair price to offer for a certified used 2008 MDX with Sport/Ent package? We're looking at several in the Bay Area in excellent condition with 17K to 22K miles and sticker prices around $40K. $40K seems high given new 2009's are $43K range.
  • dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    Bottom Line Prices (start from these figures)
    base tech T&E Sport Sp&Ent
    $34,832 $38,383 $39,917 $40,225 $41,758

$2000 dealer incentive to Spet 8 & $1400 dealer incentive

Hope that helps
  • vegaspetervegaspeter Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone recommend a good dealer in LA area? I'm considering a tech/enter package, and wondering if anyone had a good deal recently from LA area. I'm from Las Vegas, and willing to travel to LA, but not bay area. If you could tell me the price you paid, that'd be helpful as well.

Thank you,
  • hypohypo Member Posts: 2
    Try Weir Canyon Acura...I just bought mine from there...there prices were the best that I saw shopping in LA. They also mentioned that alot of people buy from Vegas
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    mission viejio acura..
    go to the dealer website and send them email from dealers (not acura corporate) website.

I bought mine last sept...they offered best prices...
  • appsajoy16appsajoy16 Member Posts: 5
    Do these prices hold good in CT too?
    Am looking for new 2009 mdx with tech pkg or tech/ent pkg. which dealers are good in CT with the most competitive price?
  • collin2collin2 Member Posts: 5
    I bought my 2008 MDX Tech/Ent in the end of Sept. I paid $38,500 and also got 0.9% finance from Honda.
  • m3rcym3rcy Member Posts: 4
    zx11,

Try Acura in Weschester. Got the best deal and hassle free.

Sport/Ent for 42,958 (includes destination charge). No hidden fees or pushing to get extras.

Thank you all for your help on my purchase. Now I need to find good deals on accessories.
  • zx11zx11 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks m3rcy - will give them a call. That sounds like a good deal since invoice plus destination less the $2K dealer incentive works out to $43,225 for a sport/ent.
  • amjimamjim Member Posts: 3
    I am in Boise, ID. Plan to get a MDX soon. It is very hard get a price even closer to your deals. May you scan your recipe (cover your personal information) , and post on the board, or send to my email gtgtgt@gmail.com. It will be helpful to get a good price.

thanks
    Jim
  • bockleebocklee Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone been successful in dealing with the Denver dealerships? They seem to not want to negotiate very much and they also don't have many in stock.
  • dracoredracore Member Posts: 1
    Hey all, I am being offered a little under $34k for a certified 2007 Sport with less than 30k miles. Is this deal any good? It is missing the side running boards which I would like though...
  • amjimamjim Member Posts: 3
    Did $1400 dealer incentive start from July or has been for a while ?
    I got an offer from dealer that for 09 MDX tech with body side molding and all-season floor mats for 40300+ tax+TTL .
    Not sure if this is a good deal.
    thx
    Jim
    from your post i understand that the dealers are currently giving a $2,000 incentive till Sept 8,your post also has a mention to a dealer incentive of $1,400, do this imply that dealers will be offering $3,400 in incentives after sept 8th? thank you for your reply.
  • dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    There is a dealer incentive from Acura of $2000. They also make $1400 from the same which is the holdback. I have on occasions been quoted below even this price for a honda, so you could start lower and work your way up.

I also found this website useful:
    truecar.com
    Thanks for ur reply.The website was helpful. We are planning to buy an MDX tech. We are given quotes of $39,684-40,000.Is this good or should we wait another month or two for better deals. do you suggest waiting for an '10 MDX due in oct or buying a '09 mdx ?
    Thanks.
  • looking4mdx1looking4mdx1 Member Posts: 12
    40K for tech is on the higher end.. not sure where u r located.
    you shd be able to get tech somewhere around $39,300 - $39,500
    I even had a quote as low as $39100 but this was way back in may.

promotions are the same thru sept. and inventory remains LOW... so i don't think prices will really adjust one way or another.
    2010 is a whole another discussion... personally, my opinion is that going with 2009 with current promotions (cashback and APR) is a better option.
    2010 is priced atleast 2K more than 2009 and you will never see any promotions until 6-8 months after the new model is released.
  • tastycakes55tastycakes55 Member Posts: 35
    I would recommend waiting. If you google for some of the deals people were getting in September - October 2008 for the 2008 MDX models, you'll see (before TTL) prices were about 32.5k for a base and 35-36k for a tech.

Of course, there's the risk you may not have the selection of colors/styles, but I'd argue they will have as difficult or more difficult a time clearing inventory this year as they did last year, so no reason to think the incentives will be any different.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    Wow...here in North Carolina, I've never seen MDX new car inventory be so low. They used to always have 20 to 30 on the lot. Now, its down to 2 cars to choose from. They really did clean out the inventory in preparation for the 2010's.
  • lyonseelyonsee Member Posts: 11
    I think that you made valuable comments.

I purchased a Tech two months ago around $39.5 K.
    I've quoted and contacted with about 6~9 dealers locally and surrounding states before I made my purchase.
    Normally, 6K off MSRP may be the fair market price. 7K off MSRP is good deal. Between 6k and 7K off are acceptable.
    that was last year when market was really low and inventory was high. since then Acura has cut down on production by nearly 35%. things are not the same as last year... like you said, its the risk you take but there is nothing to loose i guess. Promotions are running thru sept 8th anyway.
    dont forget the tax break you will be getting this year on new cars.. any where from $700-$1000.

buying new cars never made so much sense..
    specially with the MDX right now, your first year depr. is all taken care of by the incentives and tax breaks.
  • bogie129bogie129 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new 09 mdx tech /entertainment package for 40,800 + ttl a month ago at a chicagoland delear...
  • jpneedcarjpneedcar Member Posts: 11
    Hello looking4mdx1,

I have purchased MDX Tech in March 09, wondering whether you have more details on what kind of rebates we get on new cars purchased in 09. Is there any website which can give us more info? Thanks.
    here is one link that talks about tax benefits....valid on purchases made between feb 17th o9 - dec 09.

http://www.savingtoinvest.com/2009/02/car-buyer-tax-breaks-in-obama-economic.htm- l

you can also google it and u will find plenty of websites explaining the rebates.
  • andy603andy603 Member Posts: 59
    how do you know if there is a holdback? Don't see it on Edmunds or truecar.com.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The holdback on Acuras is 2%.

There is a listing on Edmunds, but it dates back to 2005, and shows the Acura holdback at 3%, which was accurate as of 2005, but has since been changed.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• andy603andy603 Member Posts: 59
    thanks...so then we should assume that a dealer makes this 2% on every car on top of the $2000 incentive...meaning for instance if I was quoted $43,225 for MDX Sport/Ent which is equal to Invoice minus the $2k incentive, the dealer will still make about 2% of the invoice price (2% of 43225 or $864) in total profit? thx!
  • joebinjoebin Member Posts: 1
    I do have an Acura MDX touring 2006 with 50,000 miles. Still under warranty and in mint condition. If you are still interested in buying one, I would sell mine under $32,000.00. Only problem is I cannot sell it before end of August since I will be back in south Florida by the end of August.
  • an98fan98f Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the process of financing a new acura mdx 2009 with tech package, the cheapest quote I got was for 38,700 which is awesome, also I found this site to be helpful: http://www.realcartips.com/2009-Acura-MDX-Prices
  • rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    why would you reply to a post from 2006...lol :confuse:
    Doesn't matter, it's all under one topic anyway.
    wow.. that's a good deal!
    where did u get this quote from ? city?
  • habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47
    Awesome indeed.Just make sure Destination fee is included.One more thing any trade in?Good Luck And Enjoy your New Ride :shades:
    Best Regards,

habsone
    This is the Paragon Acura in Queens. The destination fee is not included, it's like 820 extra and they do take trade ins but i didn't have one.. I've bought from them used car a while back. I'm happy with this dealership.
  • billx2billx2 Member Posts: 4
    bogie129,

Which chicagoland dealer? Does the price include destination charge?
  • firstacurafirstacura Member Posts: 12
    Did the $39.5K include destination, tax, title etc? I have got a few quotes but none are that low. Also, Edmunds TMV is at 40,673 (i.e. w/o tax and title and presumably dealer fee).

Do you know if the TMV price takes into account the dealer incentive? Currently there is a $2000 dealer incentive. Should the TMV price be lower by $2000?

Thanks.
  • loug35loug35 Member Posts: 15
    I was giving this below - let me know if this is a good deal.

Demo - 5800 miles
    Asking Price - $39,995 tech/ent pkg w/running boards (would not neg off this price)
    Tax- $2799
    MV- $385
    DOC- $246
    Minus $5k down (Financing)
    3.9% financing for 60 months

with all added the car comes out to be $43,622.

Let me know your thoughts on this price and how would you calculate the monthly payments. I assume you would minus 5 k from the $43,622 = $38,622 ? Or would you minus 5k from $39,995 then they would add the remaing cost as mentioned above?

Let me know if buy a new car with some discounts I have seen here for 6-7 k off but then all this other cost would need to be added and that might bring the cost higher...not sure but your help is appreciated.
  • habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47
    IMO it's little higher.This is the way i would look at it.The MSRP for TECH/ ENTER PKG is $ 47600 (Incl.des) The INVOICE is $43321(incl.des.) MINUS $2000 INCENTIVE =$ 41321 than the Dealer Hold back of 2% that's another $ 1000 or so.This car is a DEMO with 5800 miles, If you were to go by my calculation you could purchase the new MDX (with no mileage) for somewhere around $40500 to $41000 that's approx. $ 500 to $ 1000 more than the 5800 miles DEMO.The plus on this suv is Running boards are incl. than again they are 5800 miles old.Bottom line you will be better off even if you have to pay UP to $1500 for NO MILEAGE MDX .Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK.

Best Regards,

hebsone
  • mdxfan3mdxfan3 Member Posts: 17
    Does anyone know the best place to find current car rebate info?

I looked up the rebates on this (Edmunds) site and it shows no cash rebates available on the MDX. I also did a google search and the top two listings showed the same thing, no current cash rebates on the MDX. (These sites showed the same thing on July 3rd, July 11th, and again today.)

Since people are reporting a $2000 cash rebate was in effect last month and has been extended through the month of July, those sites all appear to be inaccurate, unless I'm missing something.

So does anyone know of a website that shows accurate rebate info?

Thanks in advance!
  • sw286sw286 Member Posts: 6
    MDX Base for $36200 plus dest and ttl
  • wldickin311wldickin311 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys. Been trolling for a week gearing up for the purchase. Thanks to everyone for the inside scoop, I can't tell you how much more empowered this site makes you when you sit down at the table.

Chicago Market 09 sport + ent Black on Black $43,500 + ttl no destination. Arlington Acura in Palatine. This was down from their "Floor" price of 43700 + destination. Final result after corresponding with every dealer in the area. I believe stock is fairly low. One of the dealers said 15 day supply. I don't think it's THAT low, but my local dealer didn't have the package and said he could get it in 2 weeks, so there might be some truth.

The 3.9 for 60 is nice.

Thanks again guys.
  • f1fan6f1fan6 Member Posts: 4
    I am currently in negotiations with a dealer who will offer MDX with tech for the "internet only" price of $40445 Sterling Gray, I think (based on this forum and others) that this can still be negotiated further. What should I be countering with? Also, if anyone knows of a good dealer in the Maryland/DC area let me know. Thanks and I welcome any advice or info.
    anything below $39500 is reasonable.. may be counter with $39300
  • jkl99jkl99 Member Posts: 11
    I was asking the same price range - $39,300 to $39,500 to the Acura dealers in SF Bay Area for the 2009 MDX with Technology Pkg, only one dealer said they can do it. But I cannot get the exact price they want to sell until I can pay a visit to their office. I haven't decided whether it is worth the visit them without receive the price they are willing to sell. Most of the quotes I have received is ranged from $39,800 to $40,500. None of these prices were quoted via email but just the phone call.