Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jerrsnbrgjerrsnbrg Member Posts: 6
    I paid 42,800 for sport+dvd + dealer fees in atlanta in july. I got this price through online pricing. I bought running boards and roof rails from bernardi and installed myself. very easy.
  • ironjeffironjeff Member Posts: 20
    Do you know if the cross bars from Bernardi will fit in the roof rails installed by the dealer?
  • dealmaker3dealmaker3 Member Posts: 2
    Used this new website (www.swaggitsearch.com) - linked up with another guy that wanted an Acura. The dealer made a deal for 2. Bottom line, 2009 MDX with tech out the door for $38,500.

BTW, he got a good deal too on a TL! :)
  • amit4112amit4112 Member Posts: 6
    Could you please tell me which area are you from? and which dealership you bought it from?
  • amit4112amit4112 Member Posts: 6
    Hey ironjeff, Did you buy yours yet? If yes do you mind giving me details on the price you paid and the dealership from where you bought it? I am in San Jose area and interested in buying 2009MDX with tech package.
    Thanks
  • scraponscrapon Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2009 MDX Bali blue / taupe Tech package at McGrath Westmont Chicago area for $41,600 + doc $151 + tx
    Hey Amit,

Yup I bought a couple days ago, contact me at ironjeffasaurus@hotmail.com and I'll give you more info!

Thanks,
    -Jeff
  • 4mdx44mdx4 Member Posts: 7
    I'm also trying to get a MDX/Tech this week and would appreciate any details on your purchase.
    I received enough emails that I figured I might as well just share it here.

I'm in the Bay Area and I emailed everyone and called a ton of dealerships. The best thing I found was by going to the acura site and going through the "build an MDX" and then "Request Quote" and then sending my info to each dealer. This at least put me in touch with the internet sales managers who have by far the best deals.

Anyway, after a bunch of research I found that Oakland Acura, Sunnyvale Acura, and Stevens Creek Acura had the best prices. I also went to test drive at Sunnyvale and Stevens Creek and I think the Stevens Creek folks are more knowledgeable about the car and features compared to the Sunnyvale ones, though I'm sure it depends on what sales person you get.

After going back and forth with Sunnyvale and Stevens Creek I was able to get $40,185 (includes destination fee, but not TTL which was close to 10.5% because of CA) from Stevens Creek which includes a 4 year service plan for A1 and B1 services (oil changes, tire rotations etc...) which is about $500 more expensive than if you read the posts from September, and about $800 more expensive than if you read the posts on this forum from July. So I can't explain why the prices have been steadily increasing since April, but they seem to have been.

I think I could've squeezed a couple hundred more out of them, or at least gotten some free all weather mats thrown in, but a new Black/Black Tech had just come in to both so I was able to get one with only 4 miles.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Also I was originally planning on getting the roof rails and cross bars installed at the dealer, then realized that Bernardi Acura parts sells the OEM Acura parts online for way cheaper:
    http://acura.bernardiparts.com/ (thanks to whoever posted it a couple posts ago)
    And it comes with all the instructions, the rails being the most complicated but not too bad really. If you are planning on getting any accessories I'd definitely get them online instead.

By the way you might notice that I was posting a lot in the Toyota Highlander forums before this since I was considering that, but a Loaded Sport 4x4 was about 35,000 at my best price, and the $5k difference between that and the MDX is easily made up, assuming you can get a price close to mine.
    Also one more thing:
    While buying it, the finance guy offered me an 8 year extended warranty that also made the factory warranty better for almost $3k. I declined, and he said he had a 7 year one, but also expensive, so I declined, then he asked if I was a costco member, and I showed my costco executive card and it dropped to like $1700. I realized later that you can get a warranty from Bernardi I think, so that might be something to look into.
  • brianplowmanbrianplowman Member Posts: 10
    Thank you ironjeff! ;)
  • sfbayalamedasfbayalameda Member Posts: 5
    Just FYI - the bernardi warranty is not valid [sold] in California [nor Florida]. I also passed on the warranty when offered on my 2009 MDX Tech/Ent in California...but, for 2K...I would have considered it!

I also believe that come November 1, no dealer is allowed to sell warranties online. I think I read that somewhere else in these listings.
  • awanawan Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    The lowest drive out price i am getting in Houston is 43,289, i think there is still room for negotiation, surprisingly out of the 4 dealerships i walked out from only 2 have bothered to contact me. Anyone on this forum have any recent experience with dealerships here they would like share, would appreciate any guidance.
    Thanks,
    D
  • sidster1sidster1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got MDX 09 with tech package for 39,500 (including Destination) + TTL. Got bought in $500 exterior-interior protection on top. So 40K + TTL.

Please confirm if I got ripped off. (Chicago, IL)
    What was the drive out price and what kind of taxes do you have in chicago? I personally don't think you got ripped off.
    Hi Raj,
    Have you bought your mdx yet? I am in the market for a mdx w/tech in Houston, would appreciate it if you could share your experience, my email is diploe@gmail.com.
    Thx
    D
  • 89vt89vt Member Posts: 1
    2009 MDX Base with Sport Running Boards and Towing Package for $37,900 +TTL.

Decent deal?
    That's right. New policy goes in to effect as of Nov. 1st regarding on line warranty sales.
    Looks like a very good deal, based on the current MDX market and limited availibility.
  • valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    After 25,000 miles on my '08 MDX Sport/Ent I though posting my opinion on this vehicle would be on interest to some.

Overall, the '08 MDX gets a "A" but there are issues.

1. The dealership service experience is bad. I give it a "C-". When I took delivery the dealer scratched the roof when installing the roof rails. They nicked the window glass as well. Plus, they did a poor job of installing the sport boards. When I called them and spoke to all the managers they refused to do anything. They considered the nicked glass and scratches "minor" but offered me rubber mats and cargo tray for my trouble. When getting regular service I tried another Acura dealership. They replaced some trim under warranty and did basic service work (oil change, tire rotation, all wheel drive fluid, etc.) The service work at this OTHER dealership was poor as well. I had to finish installing the trim pieces (just snapped them in) myself as the tech did a poor job. Now, I avoid all Acura dealerships as the work is both expensive and poor. I stick with Honda and my local independent mechanic (the cost is HALF and better quality).

2. Interior materials/trim- "B-" The trim could be better put together especially around the NAV. Screen area. Lexus is definitely superior in this area.

3. Handling- "A"

4. Tranny- "B" it could use better gearing both at the low end and the top end for mileage. Hopefully the new 6 speed tranny in the 2010 model will address these concerns.

5. Engine- "A" Wish it got better highway mileage

6. Reliability- "A" I have spent $300 total on service and have 25,000 miles

7. Seats- BEST driver's seat I have ever owned. "A"

8. Electronics- "B" I have had issues with the side view mirror not coming back up after placing the vehicle in reverse. Plus, my steering wheel has a gremlin which causes it to not return to the programmed setting 5% of the time. Of Course, the dealership can never find the problem so I just turned this feature off.

9. Ride- "A" It is a great blend between luxury and sport. I have the Sport model and highly recommend it to those seeking a sporty vehicle.

10. Steering wheel remains slightly off center to the left by 3 degrees despite paying for an alignment. I plan on trying an Independent shop as Acura dealership service is less than stellar.

Overall- "A"

May purchase another one in 3-6 months as my wife wants the '08. But, HATE the dealership experience particularly the SERVICE department.
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    FWIW: Just purchased a new 09 MDX Tech in Virginia for just under $41000, got it out the door for $41,100 which included wheel locks.
    Richard,
    Congrats on your purchase, can you send me the details of your purchase on my email diploe@gmail.com, i am getting ridiculous prices here in houston and if i can get a similar price as yours will travel to virginia.
    Thanks
    D
  • nyernyer Member Posts: 32
    $41,000 before taxes, tags etc. in New York area on 2009 Tech with roof rack and rails. Any idea what the cost is for new license plates?
  • brichiebrichie Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Here in DFW area, the best quote I got till now is 42k+accessories+TTL for a new 2009 MDX with Tech & Ent. I know they can do better, I am asking for 41k+accessories+TTL but they are not budging. Anyone shopping/shopped in DFW area?
  • legend23legend23 Member Posts: 1
    I can not get my local dealer below 38,513 (TTL ~900) MDX Base with sport running boards, body side moldings and roof rack/cross bars/bike rack...I know it is a bit high but should I bite the bullet?

thanks
  • nah_1009nah_1009 Member Posts: 5
    brichie,
    Am in the same situation in DFW for the same car/options. Please email me at nah_1009@yahoo.com.
  • gurucoolgurucool Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I bought 2009 MDX base model with
    The price is 37,450 with THE following inclusive in the price
    -cargo mats
    -wheel locks
    -TTL charges+taxes
    -cargo tray
    portland oregon

invoice price 37,250 USD
  • leginlegin Member Posts: 1
    Hi gurucool,

I'm wondering if I can get some details on your purchase. Which dealership did you purchase the MDX from and was it recent? At what price did they start at and what was your first offer? I'm in PDX also and I'm interested in an MDX and I would appreciate any insight you have on getting a good deal. Thanks!
  • xmoustcxmoustc Member Posts: 12
    I am looking to buy a 2009 MDX soon (in a month or so). I notice that there's $2000 marketing support from Acura and 1.9%/2.9% APR going on. It looks like this $2000 incentive has been going on for a while (since earlier this year?). I am wondering anyone has any info about incentives in November. I am tempting to hold on to next month and wait for bigger incentives before pulling the trigger. On the other hand, the dealer inventory is running low quickly.

So far the quote I got for a MDX base is $36,300 + TTL. (maryland). ]

Any info? Thanks!!!
  • snapdasnapda Member Posts: 11
    Anyone bought recently around here and what did you pay? I am also looking at the demo/loaner version with 10k Miles (with Tech Package) - a)is it ok to buy a loaner car? b)what should I ask for - $37K+TTL?

any pointers appreciated.

thanks
  • brichiebrichie Member Posts: 2
    nah_1009,

I sent you an email, can you check?

thanks
    brichie
    where do you see the info about $2000 marketing support?

thanks
    Hi, can you email me your sales person name to shgoli@hotmail.com

thx
  • sam159sam159 Member Posts: 13
    Go to acura.com. It will end on Nov 2nd.
    I talked to an Acura sales person today. He said that most likely the $2000 would still be available in Nov. He wasn't sure if there would be any increase in cashbacks/market support in Dec as the 2010 MDX kicks in.
  • funk74funk74 Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to give an update. First off, thanks for all the posts. it helps to know how other people are fairing at the dealerships.

Here is what I got in Houston at Sterling McCall.
    Dealer Price: $46375 with additions
    Selling price $40383
    Drive Out with TTL: $43280
    got it with wheel locks, all season mats, and body side mouldings.
    Car just got in today has 1 mile on it.

with 1.9% financing.

Didn't really have to negotiate too much. Told him what I wanted to pay. No pressure sales. easy to work with.

Once again thanks for all of your posts.

email if you have any questions.
  • weakestlinkweakestlink Member Posts: 42
    I had read about the $2000 incentive on 09 MDXs. Yesterday, I found out there is an additional $2000...not sure if it is packaged as a consumer or dealer incentive. Either way, it's available.

I bought a base MDX for $34,099 including the dealer processing fee.

Hope this info helps.
    wow, I am ready to pull the trigger tomorrow for a MDX base for $34,831 sale price (including freight).

Now I am not sure...

Where did you find out about this additional $2k incentives?
    I was negotiating my trade in (08 MDX base) and the sales manager tells me that with the $4k total incentive on new ones, they could sell me a base for $34k. Thus, he couldn't give me what I wanted for the trade.

He offered $34k on a new one so I accepted.

I also did the 2.9% for 60 months. I did agree to pay $700 for the rear parking sensors, which was probably $100-$200 more than I should have. (found other Acura dealers selling parts for $440 and I would estimate about $120 in labor).
    Is $34k the sale price (including destination but without tax, title etc)?

Still heck of a deal though.

If it's 34K OTD, that would be an insanity deal for me.
    Including destination but not including taxes, title, tags.
    Which area/dealer?

Wonder if this is national thing. I'll call them up to verify. Thanks!
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    That incentive must be regional. When I go to acura.com and put in my zip code (Virginia) the only incentives are the lease offer and the 1.9/2.9 financing. What part of the country are you located?
    I don't know if it is regional or national but the dealer is in Virginia.

If it is a dealer incentive, it wouldn't show up on acura.com as they likely only show consumer incentives.
    Hi weakestlink,
    Can you tell me which dealership in VA got you this deal? I am in Maryland. It may worth a drive down there. Thanks!!!
    Email me at askterry@gmail.com.

Thanks.
    Thank!!!
  • he46570he46570 Member Posts: 1
    $39,643 + TTL. Very few in stock in the Bay area (purchased at Los Gatos Acura).

Got the 1.9% financing also. Note that the dealers get a $300 kickback for any financing over $30k, so all together the dealer took home just over $400 in gross profit from the transaction.
  • cricketmancricketman Member Posts: 7
    weakestlink or xmoustc can u also tell me which dealer is offering 4k? i am ready to buy. thanks
    I am looking for that info as well...thank you and appreciate.