Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gobears2gobears2 Member Posts: 23
    For what it is worth below is the response that I got from Edmunds:

Over the course of the model year, manufacturers sometime release updates to prices for their vehicles. We always list the latest information as soon as its available. Acura recently updated pricing on the 2010 Acura MDX and we have updated the invoice to reflect those changes.

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/mdx/2010/index.html
  • rastmrastm Member Posts: 16
    Just put deposit on a 2010 base for 40,900..which is about 2100 below MSRP..also got a decent price for my trade in and considering the favorable financing it worked out very welll..tech package is nice, but the car is for my wife and she found the nav package far too complicated to use, and the main feature we needed, ie reverse cam is standard on the base...so far happy with the negotiations..
  • emdexemdex Member Posts: 1
    I also just paid 40,900 (that's including destination) for a Base.

I hate when people review their cars after owning it for only, like 2 days, so I will refrain...but I do love the look and feel so far.

Got this at First Acura in Seekonk, MA (Providence, RI area). Excellent buying experience; best pick-up experience I've ever had (over an hour of explaining and demonstrating every gadget in the car----cant even imagine it for a Tech or Advanced!)
  • fumdxfumdx Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I went to several Acura dealers and they all have confirmed about the $400 hike on the invoice while maintaining the same MSRP on the models. This means that the dealer needs to make that extra 400 no matter what. I hope this helps.

Thanks
  • 226ra226ra Member Posts: 4
    Could you elaborate on the financing deal you received on this car?
    Check incentives on Edmunds or go to the Acura website. Current financing incentives are shown.
  • samsridesamsride Member Posts: 7
    Any reason Edmunds is showing a $3K reduction for TMV from the MSRP for an MDX with Tech Pkg? I would still have expected the MDX to be going for close to sticker after only being out 4 weeks.
  • soulmamasoulmama Member Posts: 25
    Anyone in the Seattle area leased a 2010 MDX Tech? What was your final cap cost?

Does anyone know the current MF and residual % ?

Thanks.
  • mercury11mercury11 Member Posts: 7
    Just bought 2010 MDX tech for $43400 + TTL, reasonable price I assume. Dealer only had black in the lot so they are going to locate a different color for me. Quick question guys, do the accessories on Acura website includes labor? I think i over paid on the Advance Running Board, dealer charged me $697, the Acura web site has it for $650, I bet the sales guy is going to tell me that doesn't include labor.
  • sascsasc Member Posts: 14
    were did you buy the car?
    NJ
  • pfetayapfetaya Member Posts: 13
    I bought those advance running boards also, really nice. I paid about that much, prices on the Acura web site don't include labor. Either way the dealer is still making money on those.
    o thanks for the info pfetaya
  • xshenxshen Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me which NJ dealer?
    From Ramsey Acura
  • sallieforthsallieforth Member Posts: 2
    acura raised prices due to increased production costs.
  • sallieforthsallieforth Member Posts: 2
    it means the dealer is losing $400 by not passing it on to the customers...
  • smitty1krrsmitty1krr Member Posts: 19
    That's difficult to tell since the invoice price isn't actual dealer cost. That number is rarely published. We would need a dealership source to see the actual cost number.

The $400 bump may be just Honda taking care of the dealers.
    I am now focusing on 2010 Volvo XC90 V8 (with dual DVD monitors and NAV) as its pricing is on top of the Acura MDX tech/ent in Denver.

When I look at the #s and factor in the present value of Volvo's Safe and Sound plan (5 Years/60,000 miles of: Warranty, Complimentary Factory Scheduled Maintenance, Wear & Tear Coverage, Unlimited miles of Roadside Assistance), Costco pricing and even third party loan rates, the cost of the XC90 V8 is on top of a similarly equipped (and under powered) MDX and likely inside of recent pricing that I have received. I also like the dual DVD monitors that are built into the seat headrests and kids can watch different movies....just my thoughts
  • jvettejvette Member Posts: 70
    I still don't see many MDX's on dealer lots. Every one I have seen has sold pretty fast.
    I have been looking for one and they don't seem to care a whole lot if I buy it or not. I have an Acura dealer in my town that I am a pretty good customer of and they have told me I may have to wait 6 months to a year before they start flowing at a rate to get a good discount on one. The best I have done so far is $1000 off sticker. I just may have to take a look at the Volvo myself. I just got caught in this model change and transmission problem. I sold my car in May and have been looking for one since September without much luck.
  • lhhlhh Member Posts: 35
    Just a quick thought on the Volvo XC90 vs Acura MDX. I have a 2000 Volvo XC Wagon and it has been nothing but trouble. From talking with others, it's my sense that Volvos made after 1999 tend to have reliability issues. It is for this reason that I'm thinking of trying an Acura MDX next....
  • mercer08mercer08 Member Posts: 24
    I am also shopping around for an Acura Extended Warranty for the 2010 MDX.

I searched on mdxers.org and found the following recommendation, but I can't seem to get through to anyone via email or phone at this company. Quote from a post in the mdxers.org forum -- "Call Tim at www.hondacuraworld.com (1-888-ray-laks) for options and pricing if you are really interested in buying an extended warranty.".

If you or anyone else has recommendations for getting a fair quote for extended warranty, please reply back.
    Update

I was able to get intouch with Tim at 1-888-ray-laks. He provided me with detailed quotes for several options including 7yr 100k, 8yr 120k all with 0 deductible.

If anyone recommends another place to shop around for extended warranties (aside from local dealerships), please chime in.
    Just got a quote from a northern CA dealer for $43648 (he said that this included the destination fee and advertising cost). TTL and doc fee would be on top of that. The dealer called that "$500 over invoice." He is also willing to give me a very fair price for my trade in....Would you all consider this a fair deal?
  • carrera993carrera993 Member Posts: 26
    If it is for a MDX Tech, then it is $148 above a similar "$500 above invoice" quote that I am sitting on. Bay Area dealer. Maybe the difference is advertising?
    Hi, Carrera993,
    Oops, forgot to say that that price ($43,648) is for a 2010 MDX Tech. I bet the difference in your quote was the $250 advertising fee my dealer is tacking on. So, this might be a stupid question, but here goes: I see on Edmunds.com that the invoice price for a Tech is $42,109 and that the destination fee is $810. So, when folks in this forum say that a price of "$1200 over invoice" would be a good deal in the western region, is that $1200 over $42,109 OR $1200 over $42,919 ($42,109 plus the $810)??
    Also, my quote came from Los Gatos Acura and I'm heading to AutoWest of Stevens Creek tomorrow morning....
    Appreciate your commentary on the Volvo and have heard the same from a couple of people; however, Safe and Sound plan mitigates those concerns IMHO. That being said, I still want the 2010 Acura MDX tech ent. Here is a data point for the group and I know that I can not beat this offer that I just got from Midwest dealer:

I have an offer on a 2010 Acura MDX tech ent for $47k PRE TAX and incl. all fees with the following dealer installed options: Wheel Locks -Running Boards - Body Side Moldings -Roof Rails - All Season Mats - Mask. Clean offer without these options AND WITHOUT FEES is $45k pre tax. I view this as around $400 over invoice.
  • jimsinyjimsiny Member Posts: 5
    Could you please post the quotes you received? Also, are they genuine Acura Extended Warranties or a 3rd party warranty?
    Yeah, the difference must be the advertising.

When I hear "invoice", I'm assuming it includes destination. That is the convention, I think. So in your example, $1200 over invoice is $1200 over $42919. If someone is not including destination in their invoice figure, then they are making a mistake.
    Thank you, carrera993 for the clarification. Makes perfect sense. So, I pulled the trigger this afternoon and bought my MDX Tech. I paid $1700 over invoice. Even though I am in California, I know this would be considered high. However, they threw in 4 years/48 mos of prepaid maintenance services (the service folks told me that this is worth $1100-1200). SO, in my mind, i feel as if I came close to $500-600 over invoice. And I got the color I wanted (they had to bring it from a dealer about 75 miles away) and they gave me a very decent price for my trade in. So, I feel OK about this.
    Also, gobears3, the thing about the Volvo Safe and Sound program is that it only goes for 5yrs--that's when I started having issues with my Volvo....you are smart to go with MDX. Sounds like a great offer you have now....
    Yes, this is a genuine AcuraCare extended warranty (not 3rd party). Not sure if these quotes are specific to each trim, but for the 2010 MDX Adv/Ent package, here are the quotes I recieved. All quotes below come with 0 deductible.

7yr, 70k = $1,005
    7yr, 100k = $1,610
    8yr, 100k = $1,815
    8yr, 120k = $2,080

Not sure if tax is applicable here. If you or someone finds out after speaking with Tim, please reply back. Does anyone have other data points or recommendations for requesting quotes from?
  • alexdocalexdoc Member Posts: 1
    We are planing on getting new MDX 2010 tech package, We live in Illinois. Already checked couple of dillershops . All of them giving a lot of useless info just to prove the point of buying from them/ for example : on my question "What is the price of the vehicle ?" I was getting an explanation how many MDXs they sold for the last week/ So, does anybody bought MDX 2010 tech package risently in Chicago area ,how much did you pay for it ,and at what dillershop? Will really appreciate your suggestions.Thank you in advance.
    Congrats lhh. So did you go for a different car or dealer than you mentioned above...I thought you were working on a deal at invoice plus $500 previously. Just curious/confused. Thanks.
    hi,, carrera993, sorry to be confusing. so yes i did end up buying the car from stevens creek. so at stevens creek, i ended up paying $1700 over invoice. but they threw in $1200 of maintenance, so in my mind that was the same deal as the $500 over invoice price quote i had gotten in los gatos. and i want to use the stevens creek dealership for service, anyway (much closer to my home). i probably SHOULD have gone back to los gatos to do more wheeling and dealing. but i was exhausted after the negotiations at stevens creek and didn't want to go all the way back to los gatos to try for a better deal. hope that helps! i'm still feeling a bit guilty for not doing better on negotiations....
  • igiban1igiban1 Member Posts: 24
    ihh, did the dealer 'throw in' some accessories like protection package, running boards and the likes?
    nope, i'm feeling like a didn't get the best deal now. but what is done is done. part of it for me was the i really wanted a black car with parchment trim and there was pretty much one of those only in northern CA.
    maybe i can ask for some stuff when i pick up the car today(telling them that i feel ripped off ie not a happy camper). what is a protection package?
    also, for those shopping in northern CA now: demand to get the car at invoice price...this is now possible....
    LHH
    Thanks to all on this board. I put a deposit down on 2010 tech/ent with the following accessories for $46.6k pre tax:

Wheel Locks -Running Boards - Body Side Moldings -Roof Rails - All Season Mats - Mask
  • hr2009hr2009 Member Posts: 2
    This is what I paid finally
    44991.00 INCLUDING DESTINATION
    399.00 NJ Motor Vehicle
    399.00 Doc. Fee
    + NJ fuel + Sales tax.

This is for 2010 MDX Tech & Entertaiment+ Black roof rail+All floor mat + tri fold cargo tray
  • dkny2314dkny2314 Member Posts: 8
    Is this a good deal?

2010 MDX Tech - $43,500
    All Season Mats - $150
    Cargo Tray - $138
    Cargo Cover -$142

Thanks and let me know.
    igiban1, thank you for your "suggestions." when i went to pick up my car today, i told them that i felt like i had not gotten a very good deal and was not happy. i asked them to "throw in" all season car mats and the tri fold cargo tray. i know it's not much but it made me feel better! i appreciated your giving me the idea to ask for these things!
    ihh
    is that 43500 including destination?...I just bought a 2010 base for 40900 + TTL...had all mats and trays included plus first oil change..also had a decent value on the trade in...
    Does anyone know if local dealers will install running boards if we bring our own in. Found nice advance boards on ebay and was hoping to have it installed. If they do install them does anyone know what they charge?

Thanks in advance
    Yes 43,500 destination included. They also offered me a great price on my trade in.
    Just $200 over invoice it seems. Cool. Are wheel locks also included (by default)? Did they offer to include those accessories or you have to bargain for it, with the price?
    You are welcome lhh. Glad that dealer made the effort to please customers after deal. They gave you wheel lock already right? So you got the ProPack now! Is your final price (b4 ttl) 42919+1700=44619? I am in Cal too. What's the ttl in No Cal now? 10% of purchase price? BTW, how does the tri fold cargo tray work for you? Can it handle one 3rd row seat down and one up?
  • aneesh1aneesh1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello there,

I want to buy a new MDX 2010 soon and i'd like to get an advance package
    how much i should go over the invoice? i live in Minneapolis, MN
    any ideas? i think in MN destination charge is $500.

Thank you.

Aneesh
    hi, igiban1. so final price was $44,568(that includes destination). tag and registration fee in CA was $569. doc fee was $55. and about $60 other of random fees (smog, tire, battery stuff it says). and then tax, of course. and this dealer gave the first 4 years of maintenance (i did the math and it does add up to $1100-1200). they had not thrown in the wheel locks...i didn't ask for them since i'm not sure what they are! and i got a good price on my trade in. so i feel ok about this, not great. when you are negotiating in CA, i think you can absolutely go for invoice price, as others are finding...i need to try out the tri fold cargo tray and see if can do what you ask...one thing they did sell me as we were closing up was the insurance on the tires and rims. it was about $600 and covers 5 years of tires and rims....this is good for us as we are going to rebuild our house and expect lots of nails in our tires....apparently each tire costs about $400 to replace (ouch)....
    Thanks lhh. Enjoy your new car.
    Didnt have to bargain at all. I feel that accessories could be cheaper but they will not budge due to the good price on the car and trade in.
    Also I did not get the wheel locks. Do you guys seem to think it is necessary?