Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Are new Subarus really as bad as I am hearing?

13»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    How much is that, I'm curious.

maybe it's not a big deal if not too expensive.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Than any other hood. It's the price you pay for a sports car @ $23.5K.

-mike
  • subaru_teamsubaru_team Member Posts: 1,676
    complaints (if any) on the aluminum hood. The reception has been so good that it has been incorporated into the 2K3 Forester. Weight, heat displacement, etc.

Thanks!

Patti
  • fleetwoodsimcafleetwoodsimca Member Posts: 1,518
    I haven't been appointed as the disciplinarian for this thread, but I might suggest that your rude commentary will lead to the demise of an otherwise pleasurable little exchange.
  • armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    you see my comment as being rude. I did not use the term "ignorant" as a pejorative, rather in it's literal means of "lacking knowledge". There is no shame in lacking knowledge. I do not make repeated or extended comments about GM products, for example, simply because I lack a meaningful knowledge base. Lacking the knowledge, I keep my opinions to myself.

Ross
  • rexaroorexaroo Member Posts: 174
    My feeling is he has a lot of experience with cars of a more expensive nature (Beemers, Alphas, etc.) and is maybe a little skeptical that Subies can be as well-built as the more "upscale" kind.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    My guess is that that they would be more expensive to replace, since aluminum is more expensive than steel.

Bob
    If you don't wish to believe aluminum panels on a car are softer than steel that is certainly your privilege but it isn't your privilege to be rude on this board. Subaru Team gave us some good feedback data to listen to and evaluate ......which, is, of course, the whole idea of discourse.

The host's suggestion is that if you want to start another Sabaru cheering section there are plenty around. This board was started by someone who wants to know the bad things if any or if what he is hearing is true or not.

So this topic includes all Subaru dirty laundry, to be aired and criticially examined for accuracy.

If you don't want to hear about possible Subaru defects, please feel free and welcome to join topics that don't discuss them. If you want to help people with misconceptions, give them good solid data to work with.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    the AL hoods are only on a minute amount of the vehicles. And Mr. Shiftright, we all know that the scoops aren't gonna get ripped off the hood, that is a pretty mis-informed statement if I ever heard one.

-mike
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I have no problem airing Subaru's dirty laundry. There are many such topics for other brands like that scattered throughout the Edmunds forms. There are titled: " Problems."

The "wording" of this title of this thread "suggests," that Subarus are cars with LOTS of problems, which is not the case. The title of this thread is sensationalistic, if not downright irresponsible. That I object to.

Bob
  • stoner420stoner420 Member Posts: 165
    I traded in a 2000 Honda Accord last month for a WRX, 25 miles short of 1000 now, and so far I do not regret the transaction at all (and that was one of my key concerns "will I regret this?")... save for a few minor issues (what perfect car exists that has NO minor issues?) this car feels as solidly and smoothly built as my honda (and paint quality is no worse than honda's, unless you hate honda in which case that's not much of a comparison ;-) plus it drives a heck of a lot better too! Ah, there's nothing like soaking wet I-95 with AWD!

If you want to learn about all potential issues, follow these boards, follow the i-club or other subaru-oriented boards, and you will see all the dirty laundry and then some that possibly exists anywhere with Subarus. I am not seeing complaints of anywhere near a frequency (especially not related to obvious driver abuse) that would concern me about my car's quality.
  • rexaroorexaroo Member Posts: 174
    if the founder of this discussion would explain a little more fully what model(s) Subaru these three unhappy owners were talking about, and what exactly was the nature of their "major mechanical problems."
    So far in over 100 posts, we've only seen mention of a few minor problems like hesitation and stalling, nothing about major failures on important components like drivetrain and engine.
    Okay, since nobody's getting the point and everyone only wants to argue, let's just wrap this up.

Burd, if you would like to start the topic up again, please feel free to do so and we'll try to keep the topic on a fact-finding basis and/or not allow certain posters to partcipate in that particular topic.

thank you

MrShiftright
    Host
This discussion has been closed.