Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Future Models

Comments

• dkrilldkrill Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone heard when one of the major auto mags may do a review and/or test drive on the Sienna? They have started producing them, so I imagine that 2-3 weeks after the start of production, we may see a review. Anyone?
    BTW, most of the information, if not all of it, that was discussed in the previous post about Consumer Reports can also be found in Kelly Blue Book Online (http://www.kbb.com/). They also discuss dealer hold-back, etc., and explain it all.
  • deepandeepan Member Posts: 342
    is 3500lbs. I cant find the link but it was mentioned before.
  • nofeernofeer Member Posts: 381
    mitocorp has an ingenius "suspension theater" can handle up to 10" screen, combo holder, carrying case and support bought one from simplycheap.com after a google seach for 80$ delivered. my wife loves it and we can take it on a plane or hotel.
  • wardewarde Member Posts: 26
    You know I am starting to wonder about Hondas. We have been to our local Honda dealer and they are terrible. The meanist sales people that you could imagine and the repair service was even worse. Then rainbow24 comes on and says some pretty strange and stupid things that are the same scare tactics that our local dealer uses. Does Honda teach these practices? Is it a requirement to work of Honda?

All seriousness here question for nofeer. Have you used the suspension theater on curvey roads or stop and go traffic? If so, does it sway and rock much making it hard to focus on it? Thanks
    To those of you who have sat in the new Sienna:

Is the front passenger seat comfortable? Can you relate a comparison of it to, say, the Ody or MPV, or the Camry, or even an Explorer? That is one of my major concerns, since the others I have tried are terribly uncomfortable, with too few adjustments, such as on the Ody & MPV. My Explorer seats are excellent, comfortable for longer trips, and fully adjustable.
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    Living and working in Buffalo currently and growing up in next-door Rochester, I have been in many situations where AWD would be helpful. I will say that for most consumers, getting a good set of snow tires on their FWD vehicle will be more than sufficient. However, in the areas around the great-lakes, there are many times that even with the admittadely good plowing here, we have more than a few inches of snow on the roads for an exntended period of time and when the air temperatures drop, the slush that was there turns to slushy ice. Especially in the areas south of Buffalo and Rochester where it is VERY hilly, the benefits of AWD or 4wd WITH GOOD TIRES is almost a necessity.

So I'll say this again, for most people, FWD with a good set of tires will be more than adequate. For some people, whether for their own comfort or or by necessity, AWD is the best option for them. At least now Toyota has given them the option to choose.

Ken
  • bargamonbargamon Member Posts: 302
    IMHO, it is natural for sales organizations to get a little lax about certain things when the product is so good.

Nice thing about failure is you get to try new things, and many domestic brands have had to refresh the product line and reorganize the sales tactics.

Each dealer has its own culture, so it may not be Honda across the country, but a particular dealer.

Best experience I had was about 12 years ago when infiniti just got launched. We picked the G20 over the Maxima and were treated just great.

A buying tip, try to identify the top sales person in the dealership. Generally work on higher sales and will accept better margins. Volumn speaks loud. Armed with facts and figures, you can negotiate from strength.

Edmonds has great articles on these topics.

I do find the last few days of the month do work.

Obviously trade in's really hurt negotiating posture. Its all net-net anyway. Very important, leave a deal on the table and if you don't like it, walk. but if you really really want a model, color, and equipment, better to pay a little more than you would like and get what you want, then a little less and be unhappy.

It is uncertain how the demand for this van will be after the first few weeks, but if its high, expect to pay market price. In the end, we all lose on cars and trucks, so why not enjoy the ownership. Good luck
  • sequoiasaurussequoiasaurus Member Posts: 240
    I just got two of my monthly's today for the month of March and neither one of them had articles in it. I bet the April issues that will come in 30 days will have them though.

dkrill- As far as I know no one has sat in the new Sienna other than the media and Toyota. None of us "civilians" have had that luxury yet.

Jack
    Bowellville Garage
    Toyota Minisite
  • kevinvakevinva Member Posts: 4
    Talked to a Toyota dealer today in the 6-state mid-atlantic region. Got the February order numbers for the region for 2004 Sienna LE models only (sorry, forgot to ask about the other models).

February Order for Region:
    LE 8-Pass AM 23
                    BW 31
                    BY 4
    LE 7-Pass AM 103
                    BW 141
                    BY 12
    LE AWD 7-Pass BI 8
    CE+XLE forgot to ask

So it looks like those who are looking for AWD will have to wait awhile for availability.

Other bits of information:
    - Did not know when any vehicles other than the one on March 14th would be arriving
    - Thinks that Toyota will wait to clear out 2003 Sienna inventory before announcing pricing on the 2004
    - His particular dealership does not charge a premium over MSRP for high demand vehicles
    - One person has already put down a deposit to buy the first LE that the dealership gets (of course, take this info with a grain of salt since it comes from a salesman)

- Kevin
  • etniesetnies Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone know if the DVD Entertainment System Sound in the new Sienna is just controlled through wireless headphones or can come through one of the ten speakers in the van? In the Windstar, I heard you can hear it all over the van, through the sliding doors. I hope that you can have it either way.
    Thank you,
             Etnies
    Well after reading about mid-atlantic region, I was curious about my region. I talked to the Toyota dealership in our town and he said that the Northwest region has not issued number allocations yet, but from rumors the AWD will be hard to come by since the usage for it is minimal here. He also said that our region has typically on "High Demand" vehicles, which this will be called, will mark up MSRP + 1500 - 2000 for the first few months. But also rumor is that Toyota has cut the price accross the board by about 1000 to combat that for the first year and then the 2005 will have a slight price increase to average that out. I was not sure what to think, so I called some of the other dealers in Portland, Oregon. Their answer was about the same, with minor differences. So, what do others think about that answer? In a way it makes since in other ways I think, they don't know what they are talking about and are just saying what comes to their mind so not to sound stupid and uninformed.
  • hexnhexn Member Posts: 16
    From the option list on Jack's website, looks like you can only get 115v power outlets if you have DVD as an option....

Just wondering if you can get it as a stand alone option. For me, I care about these conveninece features more than the big ticket items like AWD.
    It makes a difference when you want to heat up a bottle of milk on the road or plug in the ps2 for the kids.

Thanks for any info.
  • dyh555dyh555 Member Posts: 30
    buy the invertor from costco to convert cigrette lighter output to 115 V. I bought it for 36 + 6% tax from a costco in PA
  • dyh555dyh555 Member Posts: 30
    I put a deposit on Le 8 + BW at a local dealership in PA. I was the first one to put deposit at this dealership. Sticker + 3.9 financing for 48 months(after they ran credit report) + threw in 3 oil and filter changes + 10% off all servicing for life.

color: I am open to color.. estimated delivery date is Apr 4th.
  • rainbow24rainbow24 Member Posts: 26
    Go to Circuit City and get them to install a power inverter for your Dvd or Gaming system, cost is like $55.
  • lachancslachancs Member Posts: 16
    Jack: I've been following your posts for a month now and enjoy logging in daily to hear the latest news from you and Ken. Funny this has turned into my hobbie now, as it appears to be with several others as well.

From listening to your posts I feel like I'm in the same predicament as you when it comes to purchasing a new Sienna. I also want(need) DVD and NAV on my XLE (or limited if pricing isn't crazy), but not sure I want to wait until late summer to get it.

I'm planning the family trip from VA to FL in June and really wanted to enjoy the NAV and DVD on the way. Given this predicament what would you recommend, continue the wait, or look closer at an Odyssey?

Did you say you were/are considering an Odyssey? Also, what will you do if Honda announces specs on the '04 Odyssey in June or July?

. . .And thanks again for all the great posts! I'm enjoying my evenings getting to know decent folks like you participating in this town-hall discussion.
    To be quit frank, "hell" would have to freeze over before I bought ANY Honda from any of the 3 dealers in my area. They (he) are the biggest crooks! He is still charging a $1500 premium at his Nissan dealership for the Altima! Unbelievable. The sad thing is people pay it!

Otherwise, I still would probably go for the Toyota b/c I like the looks better, Im very pleased with my Sequoia quality and ride and resale value. I paid $41,000+ for my Sequoia about 27 months ago and its selling for $32,000-35,000 in this market in the newspaper and dealer lots when you can find it. I think the Odyssey is very plain and boring looking. Its never attracted my attention other than to say how awful it looked.

So in the end, I will wait for an XLE Limited with DVD/Navi system. FWD/AWD has not been decided b/c I want to see what kind of allotments come this way.

Jack
    Bowellville Garage
    Toyota Minisite
  • windstarloserwindstarloser Member Posts: 11
    Hey folks, got a question about both systems. (You'll have to pardon my naivete.) What is so great (and I don't mean that sarcastically) about the NAV? I've never had it, obviously, and wonder about the advantages. Is it mainly for people who travel a LOT? Or would a stiff like me (we take two week-longs every summer) benefit?

Also, I've seen the portable (mobile) DVD players, and they seem to make more sense than craning your neck to look at the roof of the vehicle for the stock item. Is there a distinct advantage to ordering it from the factory?

Thanks for any input you can share!
    NAv is a great toy. IMHO some cost up to 2k, and if the sienna has rear camera, it might be that costly, So I will not opt for it. I also would consider the dvd for under 1k, but not above. Put my money in stereo and awd.
    Again, this is before any pricing information has been released yet. However, the NAV option on most Toyota's is about $1,700. The positives of it are: In the sienna, it will have the back-up camera linked to it. Touch screen controls. I have had quite a few customers who looked into an aftermarket NAV system that mounts in the factory stereo position with the benefit that they will let you watch DVD movies which most Toyota's will not let you do with the exception of the Landcruiser at this point. I don't know of the DVD NAV system on the Sienna will let you do this at this point either. However, all of the aftermarket systems that my customers have found have either remote controls or buttons under the screen to navigate the audio, Entertainment and NAV systems. After trying the touch-screen that Toyota has on their NAV systems, they have preferred it about 80% of the time. Most of the relatively comparible systems price between $1,500 - $2,000 installed, so are comparible price wise as well.

So there are alternatives out there, the only question is what style do you like better and what features do you think are worth it.

Hope this helps.

Ken
    Be forewarned, however, that having a screen in-dash is illegal (at least in NY state) and can result in a nice little ticket from your friendly neighborhood police officer. That is why all the DVD screens you see are not visible from the front seats. If you put a screen in the dash, better conceal it some way.
    i have used it two ways. behind one seat and between two seats. when using two seats the 4 straps and that it rests on the center/ or next to center consule doen't sway at all. behind the one seat, i wrap the two lower straps at the seat base and litte motion. Very slick, they will sell bunches. also many sites that sell the portable players now list the suspension theater to purchase. it's a lot better than those heavy and cumbursome "video in a bag" messes. this is a very elegant solution and its the carrlying case as well. very impressed. I tell everyone about it. It is so nice that my wife says withthe changes to dvd players, larger cheaper etc., why spend big bucks when this can be moved easlily from car to car. and if we wanted a newer better unit we could without hassle. Securitty, we take it with us, just undo the strap hooks, very nice.
    We both love our nav in my ls430 my wife doen't have to get out the map, it gives me a bireds eye view of sidesteets, less hassle when you are entering an unknown region....all our cars will have nav and one more thing. rear parking sensors, wow my wife has it on her a6 quattro and at first thought it wasn't necessary but now it's a godsend for parking around town and inner city. Now the entertainment system she will have to see. our baby can't use headphones so this portable works out great she also likes the idea that she can remove it so the kiddy doen't get addited to dvd all the time.
  • jandk98jandk98 Member Posts: 20
    Rainbow24,
    Please provide the link to the medical journal article that discusses the connection between motion sickness and video system placement in a vehicle.
    Rainbow, I would suggest that you check out the Camry boards and re-post your question there as it is more appropriate. I'll be happy to answer your qustion about the engine specs on the Camry there.

As for the navigation system on the camry, I'll give you a brief description although the system on the Sienna may be slightly different as it is different on every vehicle that Toyota has it as an option for.

Each of Toyota's navigation systems feature voice and map guidance, the ability to choose multiple routes to one destination and route tailoring that allows the user to avoid freeways, toll roads and ferries if desired. The Toyota systems include hundreds of thousands of addresses for restaurants, gas stations, hotels, ATM's, and other points of interest. Owners can also add 100 points of interest of their own. In addition, the Emergency feature provides guidance to the closest police station, hospital, or Toyota dealership.

When inputting a destination, you can input an address using the keypad that comes up on the touch screen. If you're parked in a driveway or parking lot, the voice guidance will direct you to "please procede to the highlighted route". If you're already on a street, the voice guidance will prompt "Route guidance will start now." As you drive, the system will show your position on the street, while the voice prompts for upcoming turns. When you arrive at a destination, the voice prompt will announce that assistance is over.

Hope this gives a better description of how the systems work for Toyota vehicles.

Ken
    Jack, aka Sequoiasaurus, check out this post:
    <#891 Auto Show Experience by rpram1> which states that they tumbled every seat and sat in every seat. So I am interested to hear what rpram1 has to say about the seats.

rainbow24: Any "doctor" who tells you that you get less sick if it is above shoulder height (with no proof) is selling you snake-oil also. Any sailor knows that if you are seasick you are to keep your eyes on the horizon, which is at or below shoulder level. I don't think that the console in front of the second row of seats is near ground-level, probably at waist or mid-torso level, especially on young kids, so I don't think that it should be a problem.

If they do feel sick, open the window (with the new roll-down window in the sliding door) and get them some fresh air in the back. That should do the trick. (I should know, having left my mark on every state between Ohio and Florida back in the 70's traveling with my folks, in the back of a Olds 98, no car seat, no seat belt, just a mattress for my sister and me!)

And thanks to everyone for all the good information. Thanks for the info on the latest monthly's, too.
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    Dkrill;

"Be forewarned, however, that having a screen in-dash is illegal (at least in NY state) and can result in a nice little ticket from your friendly neighborhood police officer. That is why all the DVD screens you see are not visible from the front seats. If you put a screen in the dash, better conceal it some way."

Just to let you know, some newer cars, (2003 Cadillac Deville, for instance) have an in-dash NAV system which can play DVD movies while shift is in park. Once you shift out, it returns to NAV system. Hope you don't get a ticket for that from your friendly police...
  • zorax2zorax2 Member Posts: 12
    I am curious as to whether anyone on the board knows whether it is likely that Toyota dealers will keep a van on hand to allow potential buyers to drive or sit in? Given what appear to be an initial limited shipment of vans, we also are curious as to whether we will be able to look at a various trim lines for comparison at dealerships.

We are most interested in the XLE and Limited and are also considering whether to purchase an AWD model as we live in Minnesota. I think we would prefer the Limited model however it appears that a Moon Roof is standard which cuts down on headroom and I am 6&#146;2&#148;. It has always bothered me that luxury packages from many manufacturers insist on a Moon Roof in these packages which makes it difficult for tall people. The Limited trim line appears to be the only way we can get the HID headlamps, Radar Cruise Control and Parking Sonar. It&#146;s really too bad you can&#146;t get these options with the XLE package without a having to get a Moon Roof as well.

When my wife and I first began shopping for a van last year, we found that none of the Honda dealerships had a new Odyssey (nor in most cases even a used Odyssey) to look at. The salespeople were a bit too smug for my taste saying that the Odyssey was so good people just bought them without trying them. Of course that didn&#146;t sit well with us. Nonetheless, we had a friend with an Odyssey who was kind enough to let us look at their van. We decided to hold off on purchasing knowing the new Sienna was coming out and heard rumors about a new Odyssey as well. By the way, has anyone heard whether Honda will actually release a newly redesigned Odyssey this fall?

Another question I have for those with greater familiarity with transmissions is how well do you believe the AWD system will hold up pulling a boat assuming it will be near the 3500-pound maximum trailer weight limit? We typically go 25 to 100 miles each way when towing our boat. We are somewhat hoping we can get rid of our Chevy Tahoe if it doesn&#146;t appear that this would be too hard on the vehicle. We&#146;ve heard the Chrysler Town & Country has had a lot of transmission problems particularly for those who tow boats. So, transmission experts, what do you think?

Thank you for your comments!
    First, let me say that I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you on this topic. I'm holding a pair of wireless headphones here that were ordered from my parts department. They look like they should fit children from about the age of 5 up to adult with the adjustments they have. They run on 2 AAA batteries that go into the left earpiece. That same side has the push-button on/off button. On the right earpiece is the volume control and power indicator. There is no auto on/of actuator that I can tell looking at it. You do need to make sure that the rear seat audio/entertainment system is on before they will work, however.

As for towing, at least on Toyota vehicles that I have seen, the Transmission is the strongest part of the whole vehicle next to the engine. The weakest link I've found is the suspension. So as long as you're within the limits, and from the amount of towing that you're talking about, it should not be a big problem for you.

As for the likelihood of the dealers keeping one or more in stock, that is each dealer's decision. Some will likely do so, while others very well may not. At least initially, it is highly unlikely that they will have multiple trim levels to look at just because of the limited allocations going to dealers and expecially the limited number of some trim levels being produced.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Since there is an interest in what Honda may/may not be planning for the Odyssey, I have created a discussion specifically for that topic.

Honda Odyssey Owners: Future Models

Please go there to offer comments/observations about Odyssey's future.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program....
  • wholiganwholigan Member Posts: 148
    I had to have an appendectomy Sunday and I missed 132 posts! Ya think folks are gettin' a little giddy?

But I digress - we are all in the same "hurry up and wait" mode. Remember the simple facts:
    &#149; Only the BASE PRICE OF THE BASE MODEL has been released
    &#149; What is in the brochures can be changed at any time
    &#149; Sequoiasaurus and Toyotaken are the best!

Relax and wait... BTW - I have gotten a call back from a Honda dealer that wants to talk about an Ody LX?!?! I wish I looked forward to buying a car like I look forward to football season!
    2003 Honda Odyssey EX-LRES - Midnight Blue Pearl
    2004 Honda Accord EX-L Graphite Pearl
    2007 Honda Civic EX - Atomic Blue
    2013 Honda Civic LX - Crimson Pearl
  • johninkc1johninkc1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know the size of the factory installed dvd screen? I am trying to decide getting a factory installed dvd system vs an after market dvd entertainment system.
  • toocajun4utoocajun4u Member Posts: 26
    FYI, and FWIW: The headphones that were in my van at time of purchase did have auto on/off actuators built in to one earpiece. One pair was broken on delivery, and the replacement from the parts dept has no actuator. The actuator doesn't work so well on little heads - another reason we often end up listening to Aladdin on the JBL 47 times in an 800 mile trip. Ever so slight exaggeration, but you parents of 3 and 4 year-olds understand :-)

Larry R
    2002 Sienna XLE
    Thanks for the note about #891. I realize now that I must have missed about 10 posts that day and didn't catch that one.

Busy now but will return later on that subject.

Thanks

Jack
    Bowellville Garage
    Toyota Minisite
  • kevinvakevinva Member Posts: 4
    Talked to a dealer in the mid-atlantic region today. He said that they received their 2004 Sienna allocation list today for March and it
    consisted of several LE models and XLE models. I don't know how reliable this information is.

- Kevin
  • plsbcheep04plsbcheep04 Member Posts: 3
    Could anyone explain the tray vs. console in between the 2 front seats? It seems like the CE, LE and XLE Limited have the tray that folds down while the XLE has a console. Not sure but something like that, but it did not make a lot of sense. I like the idea of the drop down tray like the older models and Kia have for easy access to the back seats. I also thought about putting the video on it if I do not get the built in.

I am still hopeful that Toyota does not take lessons from Honda on the mark up from MSRP. I understand Supply/Demand very well. However that is why many of us could not swallow the Oddusee last year. Out of 5 Honda dealers I would only consider buying from one. On the other hand I bought a Tundra in 2002 and there was only one dealer that made my skin crawl. The Honda dealer who told me the EX was "safer" because the alloy wheel had a "lip" that kept the tire from coming off with a flat....is still calling me. What about "no way" does he not understand?

It has been a long time since I have waited for any vehicle to hit the market with this much anticipation. Maybe never! I just hope it is now "a good value". Toyota is usually true.

Please Be Cheep!
    The centre tray was basically an idea introduced by Honda (CR-v and odyssey) and is on the lower end models. It gives you the convenience of having it upright or folding it down to allow for passage to the rear.

On higher end models the tray is repalced by a console which probably has more space to store stuff without it being exposed. This console can be removed and installed between the second row seats as well.

The last month or so has seen some incredible amount of info being posted and shared. nearly 9 months ago i had the honour of posting the first message and what we knew back then is more or less bang on. This is also message # 1000. wow. Keep up the great work especially Jack & Ken
  • kssodkssod Member Posts: 37
    does anyone know if the AWD versions will have traction control and stability control or are these available only on the front wheel drive versions. My x-type has AWD and the difference on hard pack snow and ice is huge with the traction control/stability control on versus off
    Okay I know that this is completely off the subject, just find is amusing. I have been checking the other boards on future mini vans to see what is new. I know that the sienna is close to making its appearance, but the other vans that have announced redesign have 11 or 15 posts. It is interesting how no one is interested in them, not even to post what they want. I did find it funny though that Ford is renamming the Windstar to start with a F. They are trying to rename all their vehicles to start with F's except the Mustang and the Thunderbird. Silly I thought.

Okay back on subject. As to one of the earlier posts, I think the mark up will depend on the dealers and your area. A few people have posted that their dealer said that they would not mark up. I live in the Northwest and our dealer said you bet it will be marked up, a long with all the others around here. But the mark up will only last a few months until they get a stock in, then they will deal. What can you expect, you have 1 van and 10 people who want it. Our local dealer said that they have 12 people on a list to view the first one that comes in.
    I noticed yesterday that we were fast approacing #1000. I took the time to see who actually made that first post and noticed it was you. What's ironic is the post is almost dead on with what we now know about the 04 Sienna. Good Job and Congrats on being 1000 and hanging around.

Table/Console- deepan is right with what he said also note that the XLE Limited has the option of having either or and the table version is wood. That should be interesting to see. Course I believe I would prefer the console for extra storage.

Jack
    Bowellville Garage
    Toyota Minisite
    In all fairness, the other pending release of new mini vans are not until the fall.

From what I am reading the ford and Mercury will be a step-up in trim levels.

The sienna is the first of this generation.

I would expect that Honda's next version will be excellent. If trim levels are not there, then look for an Acura. While the high line divisions have yet to introduce a model, if the demographic are correct, then Lincoln, Caddy, Acrua, Lexus etc. will follow suite. I have not read anything to this effect as of yet. As I said, this would be based on success of the new vans and demand for such additions.

The largest segment has been on the lower end. But empty nesters whom in the past have taken to the highways in LTD's, are finding minivans comfortable, spacious and good MPG. They might demand more luxury. Could high peformance be far behind?
    Working here at my desk I just realized that I had a dream last night that I got my March issue of Car and Driver and in it was a 6 page test drive of the 04 Sienna. My first reaction was to get it posted here! Wow! Now I'm starting to dream of this place!

I gotta get a way. lol NEVER!

Jack
    Bowellville Garage
    Toyota Minisite
    Does anyone know the model years of the current generation Sienna (YYYY - 2003)?

What about he Previa? What model years were they produced?

Thanks

Jack
    Bowellville Garage
    Toyota Minisite
  • dplachtadplachta Member Posts: 109
    Previa '91-'97
    Sienna '98-'03
    Does anyone know the model years of the current generation Sienna (YYYY - 2003)?

What about he Previa? What model years were they produced?

Thanks

Jack
    Bowellville Garage
    Toyota Minisite
  • jctobinjctobin Member Posts: 25
    The new Sienna will be a total disappointment, and will tank bigtime in the marketplace. Ford, Nissan, and GM vans will be the hot ticket. Spread the word far and wide, say nothing good about the new Sienna. Every unsubstantiated rumor, every scare tactic, quick, post them on every bulletin board. AWD is totally unnecessary, who cares about split folding seats, etc. etc.

Especially, everyone please trash the LE AWD w/ BI package in Stratosphere Mica! Who wants ugly dark blue anyway? Then, as chaos takes over the marketplace and the Siennas start collecting in dealer lots, I will walk in on the last day of the month, my fear-inspiring folder of net-collected data in hand, and the salespeople will bow down before my awesome negotiating skills and I will get a Sienna below invoice...

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Yeah, right.

There are few comments being posted on the other van boards because the new Quest is ugly, and because the current Ford and GM products are uninspiring and don't generate a lot of brand loyalty. If anything concrete were known about the new Ody, OTOH, I'm sure that board would be active as well.
    Jack thanks for the compliment.

This was probably the first crack by toyota for the NA market
    http://tinyurl.com/5dz2

i still see them in decent shape running around
  • leknlekn Member Posts: 78
    kssod wrote:
    > does anyone know if the AWD versions will have traction control and stability control

Yes. In fact, you cannot order AWD without them. Sienna's AWD system depends on the traction control system to make it work. And the VSC is standard on the AWD as well.