Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Coupe

Comments

• boomn29boomn29 Member Posts: 189
    First of all, STOP USEING CAPS LOCK. That is so annyoying.

When I was shopping around last year, I looked breifly at the Accord (no manual) and the Prelude and all 3 sales guys were the same - like bowke. Annoying and thought they could get top dollar when I was never going to pay it.

Oh, I didn't buy a Honda...
  • revdrluvrevdrluv Member Posts: 417
    Funny, I went to look at a prelude right after they said they were stopping production and the sales guy seemed completely apathetic about the car and the prospect of selling it. It was strange to go for a test drive with some sales person in the car in complete silence.
  • obiwankenobi1obiwankenobi1 Member Posts: 290
    I'll stick with my 02 Maxima SE for now. I was hoping the new Accord would really sell me (it didn't, although I'd love to have its IRS!) and get me back in the Honda family, but I guess not yet.

Oh well. By the way, I gave it to my fiancee to drive for the weekend and she took a hit on the windshield on the freeway! Man! I don't know how bad it is. I'll have to see when I get home after work! :(

Obi
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    bowke, Get a Grip! Turn off the caps key.
  • bowkebowke Member Posts: 169
    sorry about the caps thing, folks...i forget sometimes.

obiwankenobi1...how can you say the '03 accord didnt sell you since you not only have never driven one, but you've never even seen one in person?
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    bowke: The similar can be said with regards to your statements. How come you are soo sold on the '03 Accord despite driving one or even seeing one in person?
  • revdrluvrevdrluv Member Posts: 417
    Because he sells them, it's his job to think they are the greatest cars on the planet.
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Member Posts: 1,982
    It's his job to make OTHERS think they are the greatest cars on the planet.

Funny, the SM and F&I at a local Honda store both use '60s Plymouth muscle as their daily drivers.

You don't have to love the product to sell it. You just have to love to sell...
    And I can be a pretty good judge by looking at pictures. I have seen the new Accord from most every angle, and it doesn't do anything for me.

I might take one for a test drive, but it would REALLY have to woo me to make me switch from my Maxima. I know most people think the 00-03 Maxima's are ugly, but in my opinion, it looks pretty cool. What really sold me was how solid that car is built. After 17,100 miles, not a rattle in it.

My 99 3.0 CL sure had a lot of rattles!

Obi
    yes, its my job to get others excited about my products, however, im also a car guy...i love cars...period. since i deal with honda products on a day-to-day basis, any improvment over and above what we have now is sure to be a jaw-dropping vehicle, as its already the best product on the market for the money.
    but thats just my opinion...i only deal with the things every day.
  • bodydoublebodydouble Member Posts: 801
    Wouldn't you think that it would be possible that the '03 Accord will stir your juices despite its looks in much the same way you love your Max despite its uglines, as you have stated?
    good point!
    That is why I said that!

I love my 02 Maxima, but it could look better. I just love the engine, the soldidness and all the other great attributes of the car.

But yes, if I drive an Accord Coupe and it woos me, I might just change brands.

Obi
    "if I drive an Accord Coupe and it woos me, I might just change brands."

I'd bet it will, and you will.
  • verozahlverozahl Member Posts: 574
    that Nissna doesn't have a decent coupe in its lineup, even though the 350Z and G35 are coming... sometime... maybe...
  • silverk21silverk21 Member Posts: 65
    Here are some links to a few pics of the new coupe I got from TOV. Interesting color?

http://www.geocities.com/ilr418/AV6-01.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/ilr418/AV6-02.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/ilr418/AV6-03.jpg

• hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    I saw the new 2003 Accord on the rode yesterday. Man, the rear end is butt ugly!! What the heck happened?
    ...ugly butt?!?! coming from an impala owner?!?! wow...even the ford taurus has more imagination behind its styling.
    Are you refering to the coupe or sedan? Must be the sedan, since the coupes are not out yet.
  • waydewayde Member Posts: 198
    and the release date for the coupe is today. Last monday the site was updated first thing with the sedan info.... oh well. I'll check periodically throughout the day.
    Curious to see what the foglights and spoiler are going to look like. Those cutouts for the fogs in the front bumper are pretty large.
    btw - did you see the sedan foglights? looks like they actually cut out a section of the lower from air dam to put them in.
  • kpvenkpven Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning to buy a '03 Accord. I'm living in Cleveland, Ohio. Can i get discount below the MSRP. Does anyone who bought a '03 Accord coupe in Ohio?How much can i negotiate.. I would appreciate if you share your experience with me.

Thanks.
    venkat
    Check out collegehillshonda.com for MSRP and invoice prices. The coupes are supposed to be out today but Honda has not updated its web site as previously mentioned. Went to a dealer today and they said they will not have any coupes until October. Anyone out there seen one at a dealer?
  • acmeroadrunnracmeroadrunnr Member Posts: 81
    Dudes! face it, this is one ugly car. Honda should that design engineer back to Saturn or uranus or wherever he came from.
  • mustangdrewmustangdrew Member Posts: 38
    As of 11:55 AM EST, Honda has the 2003 coupe on their webpage. As of 3 AM this morning it wasn't up yet.
    No butt talk here, OK? :)
    Interesting that you can buy 17" wheels as an option on the V6 automatic. No info yet though on the 6-speed coupe.
  • alindaalinda Member Posts: 67
    that might be because honda is limiting each dealership to one 6 speed v6 during the 03 model year.
  • diploiddiploid Member Posts: 2,286
  • sphinx99sphinx99 Member Posts: 776
    I saw an '03 Accord sedan commercial on TV...
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    I think 17" wheel is an available option for all Accords with 16" rims (EX, LXV6, EXV6), and 16" wheel is an option for DX and LX trims.
    yes, one. ONE 2003 ACCORD COUPE V6 6 SPEED FOR THE ENTIRE MODEL YEAR. (That was me yelling out of frustration at Honda. They know they've got a huge hit/high demand car on their hands with this one and look at what they are doing. Even S2000s had a larger production in the first year. GRRRRR.) huge volume stores might get two. there go our store's 9 deposits, 3 by salespeople.

so much for my sapphire blue.
    I think I know what the people at Honda want: customers beating each other with crow bars in order to buy the one V6 6spd that's sitting on the dealer's lots. Yes, that's what they want. Sadistic mofos (*spits on the floor*)
    Anyone know what the deal is with the optional rims - such as are you stuck with the originals or do they take them in on trade?
    Accord V6 with Manual Transmission Sport Sound
    "The V6 engine in the Accord Coupe fitted with the 6-speed manual transmission features exclusive revisions to the air intake system and a modified single-chamber resonator. This provides the "Ultimate Sport Accord" with a more aggressive intake sound during acceleration, yet retains the sophisticated character of other Accord models under normal cruising conditions."
  • mustangdrewmustangdrew Member Posts: 38
    So how many Ex V6 auto coupes will they be getting?
    with all due respect, you are wrong...smaller dealers will get about 1 per month, as they do S2000's, and larger dealers will get 4-5 per month. we have allocation for january of 4, and february of 5. i dont know what your dealers volume is, but the top 10% of dealers will get the same as we will.

the 17" rims are standard on the 6-speed, and a DIA on the auto. v6.
    I doubt supply will be limited to 1 V6/MT per dealer. Like Bowke mentioned, it could depend on any dealership's performance (as has been the case with S2000 allocation... correct me if I'm wrong here). Some dealers might get one, but there will be others that will get more. And more, if the demand catches up.
    I hope I'm wrong. I'm just relaying the memo we got from Honda, as verified by management, regarding the V6 6 speed coupes.
    Do the listed prices for the optional (larger) wheels include tires?
    i think you guys may have a typo on your memo...honda does its allocation by month...never by year, so it may have said you are getting 1 PER MONTH. unless you are a dealer with less than 50 unit per month volume...
    the 17" wheels are not optional. they are standard on the v6-6-speed. you can probably get the 17's on an auto, if thats what you are asking. in that case, each dealer will determine if they include tires in their price, but the website only lists the wheels unless you specifically ask for the tires as well.
    Thanks for trying to correct me so many times. Maybe I didn't understand that you were telling me I'm wrong the first time? Lay off.
    LOL
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    I agree with Alinda, lay off! Everyone makes mistakes, and even you have made a few yourself, so don't try to be such a know-it-all.
  • juzubokajuzuboka Member Posts: 5
    Just wondering how the coup looks like with the front kit and a rear spoiler (wing)?
    anyone seen pics on the net?
  • fozzyfoefozzyfoe Member Posts: 19
    I currently have a 01' EX Coupe (Auto). I have gained roughly 38 HP with upgrades which made the car much more responsive. Does anyone know about any upgrade options or recommendations for the new coupe? Also, are any super-chargers in the makes for the 03' 6MT coupe? I heard that the new MT coupe was testing 0-60 speeds of 5.7!!! Does anyone know if this is correct? Let me know. Thanks.
  • zgrabillzgrabill Member Posts: 15
    At the risk of incurring Bowke's wrath, I was also told that the dealership was only getting 1 accord v6 six-speed for 2003. Then they told me that Honda was only making 2500 of them for the whole year. I cannot confirm or deny these allocations and allegations, Sir. I am merely relaying the message.

I also find it odd that Honda is not selling the V6 coupe until January. But, alas, I am not a party to Honda's marketing strategy and people a lot smarter and more familiar with the product than I have made this decision.

However, if the market allocation news is correct, your MSRP argument goes out the window, cause dealers like Bowke's are going to sell them OVER MSRP. If that's the case, go get yourself a Acura CL Type S.
    thanks, zgrabill. I knew I wasn't smoking something when I relayed the message my dealership got from Honda. As I said earlier, I hope my information is wrong, but it appears we aint gettin much 6 speeders. This means a total mess on our (dealership's) hands, and I've not spoken to a salesperson or sales manager yet who is happy with the allocation situation. Honda has alienated me, for crying out loud, and I <~> (i think that means love) Honda. Minimal allocations of s2000s are somewhat understandable -- it is a 33k roadster that costs a lot more than msrp to make -- but this limited production of an Accord just seems self-indulgent. Yes, boys and girls, my hide is chapped.
    Alinda
    oh, and I think the reason the 6 speed is not available until Jan. is because the plants are not making the engine, etc, until they get enough of the "mainstream" Accords produced. The 6 speed is kind of a specialty item, as they say.
  • s852s852 Member Posts: 1,051
    I don't think the 6-speed would sell that well, but since dealers are only getting one per year, they don't have to sell well. They might as well not even bothered to build them at all if they are going to sell so few.
    So dealers will plan to mark up the car they get with ADP and overpriced pre-installed accessories. This will push the car well over $30,000.
    There are better cars available for over $30,000.