Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Colorado

Comments

• lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    25k for a crew cab 4x4? With the employee discount and your GM card earnings, you could get one for $20k out the door. That's $8k below sticker. I'd like to see you find that kind of value in the Frontier. It's funny how just a few years ago a 170 horse V6 was acceptable in the Frontier but a 220 horse engine in the Colorado is considered unbuyable today. When will this constant need for more power ever end?
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I maxed out my GM card in 1998. I bought an S10. The dealer said it was the most they had ever had on a card. I would really think about not buying one. How much is the Nissan worth to you? You are giving up the freebie $3500 and employee discount prices. Go over to the GMC Canyon posts. There is a guy who has an 04 5cylinder and he has been happy with it. Mine is the 4 cylinder, but that is what I wanted. You are right; it has no power. Pure economics would drive me to the GM vehicle. It is just too good of a deal.
  • ronhextallronhextall Member Posts: 37
    I have a 98 Frontier currently, it is an extended cab 4x4 with a little wimpy 4 banger in it. The truck is showing its age but dang does it run, their is not a single rattle in the cab. I know my current Nissan is a cheap cruddy truck but the build quality is awesome, everything is tight and rattle free. In seven years I have put little more then brakes, tires, plugs, and a battery in it. I am not sure an American made vehicle would be able to say that after 7 years and 130,000 miles. I have seen a few Colorado Crew Cabs 4x4's on the lot fairly loaded for 25K after the GM discount, which is about what a Frontier Crew Cab cost with few options. I also like the idea of having a 6 speed manual in the Frontier tied to (I think) the same engine that is in the Maxima. I will probably think about it for a year but if I had to buy today it would be the Nissan. The GM card can always be used for another car down the road. I would also bet the farm that 2 or 3 years from now the Colorado will be offered with a higher performance engine and then all of those 5 cylinder trucks would be worthless. I figured out a long time ago that I am better off getting what I want or getting nothing. Making payments on something that you really didn't want is not good even if they are a little cheaper then what you really wanted. The employee pricing shows how over priced the GM products are, side by side the Nissan is far superior to the GM product and list price might even favor the Nissan(at least very close with quality and performance clearly on the Nissan side) . It takes thousands of dollars in discounts to make the GM attractive, which isn't exaclty a good reason to buy it, is it?

If the Colorado had a V6 with a manual transmission it would be a no brainer. The Big 3 seem to like and put out a new car, get some sales, and then after a couple of years they put the engines in them that everybody wanted in the first place.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    I have a 04 4x4 Crewcab and outside of oil changes hasn't had a bit of trouble. Had a little wanting to go to the right all the time but I contributed that to the change to 17" chrome mags and Goodyear Wrangler tires. Tire dealer had a hard time balancing them due to the different wheels that come on the Colorado. Took it in this past week for 6000mi rotate and he had a new adapter to hook the wheels and tires to the machine to rebalance them and now all is well. There is a very slight rubbing noise that I think is the big wheels causing the disk pads to rub on a slow hard turn sometimes when there is more weight beting put on the front as in going down a hill or something but dis some simple 4 wheeling this past weekend without any rubbing so it's not a real problem. While the tires were off I saw no shinny places where the tires would have hit. The overall size of the tires even though 17" are the same as my 15's were. :shades:
  • gmiller1977gmiller1977 Member Posts: 14
    I say the Z71 is definitely worth it because you get standard traction control and limited slip differential. It would be hard to find this very beneficial option on a Z85. It will make driving in the rain and snow a much less hairy experience without the added weight of 4 wheel drive, particularly when you try to start on an uphill slick surface. You will also have a much lower chance of getting stuck in dirt and mud. I live on a dirt road and have a dirt/pebble driveway that slants down towards the house. My right rear tire has formed a nice hole from loosing traction everytime I try to back up. The limited slip diff and traction control is one option I really wish my truck had.

The stiffer shocks on the Z71 could also be a plus for those who like slightly sportier handling and a firmer ride.

Actually, my Z85 has traction control and the locking diff (it's locking, not limited slip on the 'rado - there is a difference). :)

I'm glad I got it. Especially where I live (Canada) I'm interested in seeing how it will benefit me in the winter. The locking diff and traction control is worth the extra $$$.
  • gmiller1977gmiller1977 Member Posts: 14
    If the Colorado had a V6 with a manual transmission it would be a no brainer. The Big 3 seem to like and put out a new car, get some sales, and then after a couple of years they put the engines in them that everybody wanted in the first place.

I'm confused about these posts.....

First, the inline 5 produces more than enough HP and torque for a small pickup. For only a couple grand more in Canadian $$$ (at least at my dealer) I could have bought a V6 silverado. But, I didn't want one. I wanted the Colorado.

Why does everyone knock these engines? They're fantastic, and produce a lot of horsepower. If you want a V6, buy a silverado. GM is not going to change the engines on these things any time soon.

At least IMHO :)

Last night on my way home from work some punk in a Grand Prix wanted to race (V6). My little i4 smoked him.....
    Figures Chevy would send this nice option to Canada! I live in Florida so I guess they feel no one would be looking for this option down here. I have yet to see one on the lot with it. I also haven't seen any non crew cab models with the optional side airbags.

Thanks for the correction about the locking diff. I'm curious how it works. I know a limited slip would transfer power away from a slipping wheel. Does the locking diff just lock up and transfer an equal amount of power to both rear wheels?
    Why does everyone knock these engines? They're fantastic, and produce a lot of horsepower. If you want a V6, buy a silverado. GM is not going to change the engines on these things any time soon.

I agree. Also if they were going to put a bigger engine in anytime soon you would have seen it on the H3 Hummer which is built on the colorado chassis.
  • jawahijawahi Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2WD 05 Ext cab with the i4 and 5 speed.
    Love it!
    Only problems have been an out of round tire (fixed under warranty) and the parking brake handle broke (fixed under warranty).
    The Z-71 also gives you a real spare.
    Plus I just think it looks much better. :shades:
    I have another posting on here to you. You probably know this but as the charges that contributed to your $3500 become 7 years old; you will lose them. The maximum number of years that you can go is 7 years. Money starts being taken out as the charges that contributed to them become 7 years old. If your money has accumulated for 7 years, you will not be able to use all of this money down the line on another GM vehicle.
  • ronhextallronhextall Member Posts: 37
    Assuming I keep using the card I will just build up what I lost off the back. My card will probably always be at $3,500 until I buy a GM because I use the card all the time. It is not worth buying a 25K+ vehicle just because you might lose $50 dollars in GM points that month.

The employee pricing doesn't worry me at all. GM let the Jennie out of the bottle and once or twice a year GM will continue to offer the discount. I remember in the early 90's the 1.9% / 0% financing stuff came out and it never went away for a long period of time because many people would not purchase without the low interest.
    Good lord, has anyone seen the changes Chevy made to the model lineup? It's 5 times more confusing! Instead of models differentiated by suspension packages and an uplevel LS trim, they now have 2 specific designations and a plethora of option packages. There is no more Z85, ZQ8, Z71, or LS models. The suspensions are still there but now you either buy a YC1 or YC3. It sounds stupid and the multiple option packages on the YC3 is very confusing, particularly on the crew cab. You lose the ability to get a 4 cylinder 5 speed on the crew cab, as well as getting one with no power options. I will give GM credit for managing to lower the price for the base model while adding standard cruise and tilt wheel.
    I just got back from a camping trip. My four banger 5 speed could only muster 18 mpg while going 70 mph and pulling about 1000 pounds (a metal 5x8 trailer and 2 scooters). I was disappointed in this but I think it's the fault of the high 3.73 final drive. The truck was unable to keep its speed on even slight inclines, forcing me to downshift to 4th gear often. Still, the rpms were at 3k at 70 mph, so I didn't expect the mileage to be quite so low. So if you plan on doing any towing with this truck, make sure you get the shorter final drive.

Otherwise, the truck drove great, even with the General tires. It's quiet and the ride is nice and smooth. Still a happy camper here.
    I think you are a little confused. The 3.73 gear is considered low not high. Only other choice is a 4.11. 18 mpg towing a 1000lbs. sounds pretty good to me at 70. I had a 1 ton crewcab that could only get 13 towing nothing. Add my 5th wheel and you were down to 5 or 6. Unless you are towing ALL the time I think you are doing good with the 3.73, which should be a good all around gear. Any lower and you will suffer the other 90% of the time that you aren't towing. One other thing, did you do all the driving in 5th gear? Maybe you should have tried 4th gear as it could be lugging the engine. Most automatics when towing recomend not to tow in overdrive as it overworks the engine and trans. Give that a try next time.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    When it comes to axle ratios, a lower number is indeed a higher gear (allows faster speed per rpm).

kcram - Pickups Host
  • bowtie_guybowtie_guy Member Posts: 5
    well I Bought an 05 in mar with the 4Cyl auto and Im getting at least 26 mpg and when I take it easy I'm getting about 29 1/2 or so mpg. Which is good cause thats the reason I got rid of my gas hog 92 silverado I miss my old truck but man I dont miss the 35 dollars every 2 days now it like around 30 dollars a week now, I cant complain :)
  • thrasherthrasher Member Posts: 2
    I bought mine in late May right before family plan promo.-b@$tards
    I only have 2000 miles on it so far and these are the issues I've had and would like to see if anyone else has had any of the same issues.

Radio-the bass setting always defaulted to a higher setting than centered. When the audio knob is pressed for a few seconds it will center all settings automatically but when you change channels it defaults back to the higher setting. Took me some time to figure this one out so of course I blew a couple of speakers in the process. GM replaced the radio and speakers but I think one is blown again.

Knocking/Popping feeling in steering wheel - When I'm turning left and going slow over speed bumps I hear and more specifically I feel a knocking or popping feeling in the steering wheel. GM thought it was the caliper bolts knocking around in the brakes. GM replaced the left and right caliper bolts but the knocking/popping is still there. GM must not have test drove my truck after spending the hours to replace them. I have another appointment next week for them to check it out again. Will respond if they can figure it out.

Starting vehicle - Sometimes when I start the vehicle(usually the first start of the day) it sounds and acts like it is started but then when I release the key it wants to shut down but then the computer takes over and it re-ignites the engine without me touching the key.
  • bogzbogz Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Colorado, the 4 sp / 5 cyl automatic model. Extended cab. It has about 3000 miles on it. I am noticing an increasing amount of vibration in the gas pedal and brake pedal these days. It seemed to start out happening only when I braked, but now its pretty much all the time. I had the dealer look at it. They said everything looks fine. Some people have suggested having the tires re-balanced. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • larry25larry25 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 05 Z71 4x4 & have a vibration at higway speed.They have replaced all four with an updated Generals ,but still have vibration.Has anybody else had this problem? I like the truck but not the vibration.
    When I bought mine it had 3 miles on it in Mar it is now mid july and I have 7500 miles on it and the problems I have/had is a real bad pull to the right that has been corrected though, it was severely misaligned from the factory.

Now then the problems that are still on-going on is the seat belt D/S is super super sensitive the slightest bump and the damn thing locks up, chokes you to death and wont release fast enough! and we live on old chuck holed up county roads, so it is a real pain! My wives Impala is like it should be, my old 92 silverado was the way it should be

The other problem which is no biggie but it just isn't right if ya know what I mean, is the radio, when you turn the key off it is supposed to stay on until you open the door right? and then it is supposed to shut off right? Occasionally it will shut off then come back on, then off again, then on again, then finally it'll go off it does it real fast so it sounds really awful. Thankfully it doesnt do it often, just when its really embarassing for it to do it!

Other than that I guess I 'm satisfied with it I get great gas mileage. The exterior styling is a little japanese-like but I'm cool with that, its kinda boxy but I like that! Trucks are supposed to be boxy. I have more leg room than my old full size did believe it or not! I know I was suprized :surprise: the dash cluster is full blown Chevy which I like, with the exception of the speedo having the kilo per hour I know they all do but I really hate that. My 71 Pontiac GTO is the way it should be MPH and thats it!

Glad I found this site

John
    I have a Z71 4x4 extended cab & they replaced all four tires with four more General tires & still has the vibration. I think they need to quit General tires . When im by myself the seat will vibrate & the bed will vibrate 54 to 58 mph.
  • motorhead1motorhead1 Member Posts: 110
    I have a 2004 ext. cab 4 wheel drive but I didn`t have any trouble with my tires because I swaped them off just as soon as I bought the truck. My truck is a Z 85 and it had 235/75/15 street tires on it. I needed a tire that would go thru mud so I bought a 29/9.5/15 BF Goodrich tire. I never had any vibration and so far with 16k on this truck it`s doing fine. I did have to have the front end lined up because of tire wear on the inside of the tire but it was done free buy the Chevrolet dealer. With all of the trouble Chevrolet has had with the General tire maybe they will use a different tire on the new model.
  • duncan95duncan95 Member Posts: 6
    HI.
    I'm a Canyon owner that is having that problem. Everyone seems to indicate it's the tires. I found this on another web site :

03-08-2005, 11:03 PM
    Have yor dealer check this out it's a preliminary bulletin give them this number for reference PIT3107D

04-05 Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon Z71 and Z85 Vibration Highway Speed - kw GMT355 wheel tire balance rough shake wobble #PIT3107D - (Nov 2, 2004)
    04 - 05 Chevrolet Colorado GMC Canyon Z71 and Z85 Vibration Highway Speed

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom described in the PI.

Condition/Concern:
    Customers with the Z71 or Z85 suspension package may experience a vibration at highway speeds. This may be caused by the tires flat spotting as a result of tires reaching high temperatures and then cooling while parked.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    Please review bulletin 03-00-91-001B. Engineering is currently testing redesigned tires. At this time the correct procedure is to replace the tires with the same brand and model. No other tires have been TPC rated for this vehicle. In production, Z71 vehicles, equipped with P265/75R 15 tires, built after 5/17/04 have updated tires installed. To obtain a updated tire(s) (P265/75R 15 only) for a service application, inspect the last 4 numbers of the DOT code. Tires manufactured after date code 2504, will be an updated tire. When ordering the tire(s), it is important to order the tire(s) by its article number from the tire manufacture or store. The article number is the manufactures part number. Order article number 1548080 to obtain the 265/75R 15 tire(s) with date code 2504 or higher. Tires ordered by the this article number will assure the correct tire(s) will be received. When replacing and balancing these tires, typical road force variations should be 20lbs or less for the P265 series tire. After this road force is accomplished, test drive to confirm vibration has been eliminated.

Tires for the Z85 equipped vehicles are currently in the validation process. This PI will be updated with a julian date when one is received from engineering. When replacing and balancing these tires, typical road force variations should be 17lbs or less for the P235 series tires. After this road force is accomplished, test drive to confirm vibration has been eliminated. Note: The DOT code is usually long in numbers and resides on the side wall of the tire. The last 4 numbers make up a julian date code. To explain the julian date code of 2504, the 25 equal the week of production and the 04 indicates the year of production. So the above date code consists of tires manufactured in the 25th week of 2004 or later.

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance.

Models:
    (04 - 05 GMC Canyon) and (04 - 05 Chevrolet Colorado)

Also, there are several similar reports on the NHTSA web site.
    Hope this helps. :sick:
    Thanks for the information, they have done this on my truck,but hasnt made it right.I think its tires but also think its in the suspension, ive had a lot of trucks but never had tires that couldnt be balanced. What have they done with your truck? Thanks for posting that Bulletin.They have road force bal the new tires LF1#RF18# LR13#

rr13#
    The key thing in your message is General tires. There is no such thing as updated General tires. They are lousy equipment. GM puts cheap tires on their vehicles. I wonder how much they have saved with General.
    Man, You have not had General tires. They are impossible to balance. The people on here who are getting tire replacements with Generals will keep on havving the same problem.
  • bogzbogz Member Posts: 2
    Well thanks all for replying. I also have the cd player problem. It never shuts off when I turn the truck off. It sometimes won't even shut off if I hit the power button. I can live with that, but this vibration thing is killing me. I have also noticed the rear ABS locks up if you hit some rough bumps. According to the dealer, this is suppose to happen!?! All in all, like others have said, I do love the truck. It is comfortable, and gets great gas mileage. If it only wasn't the vibration in the gas pedal, I would be very happy. Oh well. If I come up with anything I will post.
    If tires are a big problem go to a tire dealer and they will trade tires with you for a small fee and that problem will be fixed. That is what I did and my truck is smooth as glass. As long as you use Generals you will have trouble.
    I agree, I switched to Goodyear Wrangers on 17" rims and they are as smooze as glass, with one finger driving.
  • evile1evile1 Member Posts: 10
    My truck has like 16,000 miles, and I still haven't changed the air filter--every autozone and checker around say they don't have any Colorado parts in!!! I am sure it needs changing right? I hate to pay an arm and a leg at the dealership, but I may have to I guess. When have you all changed yours? I change my Blazer's regularly, so it troubles me that noone has a Colorado air filter!!!
    unless you spend all your time driving on dirt roads the air cleaner should last twice that. Take it out and put a light inside it and see if you can see the light through it. If so it doesn't need changing.
  • leadfoot4leadfoot4 Member Posts: 593
    Duncan95, this is a very interesting and informative post. HOWEVER, my 2005 Canyon obviously would have been built after the 5/17/04 date, and would have had the "updated" tires. They still were JUNK!

Since I bought the truck in the middle of a northeastern winter (Rebates, rebates, rebates), I had snow tires on it within a week. Even though snow tires aren't usually noted for handling, their performance, handling and ride was head and shoulders over the $%##@!! Generals.

I had no intention of ever putting the Generals back on, so I sold them to a local used auto parts/ new and used tire dealer. He said that he knew all about them, but since he gets a customer now and again that isn't fussy, but just wants good tread, he bought them from me. He somewhat reluctantly gave me $125 for all four...they had maybe 275-300 miles on them.

I have 16" Firestone Destination LEs on the truck now, for the summer. They're A-OK.....
    I think the owners manual says to change it every 30k if you don`t drive in alot of dust or pull a trailer.
  • evile1evile1 Member Posts: 10
    Well, I live in Phoenix, so it is quite dusty here generally. Thanks everyone for your responses!
  • pjjbmpjjbm Member Posts: 12
    My 2005 Colorado 2WD LS Ext Cab Z71 has 8,000 miles on it. It has the 2800 I4 engine, 5 speed manual transmission and 3.73 rear axle. The EPA ratings are 21 city and 27 highway. I travel 54 miles daily for work. Eighty to ninety percent of my driving is expressway at 60 to 65 mph. I am only getting 21 miles per gallon. :cry:

I have been back to the dealer and complained about the mileage and the smell of raw gasoline in the oil that I noticed when changing the oil. They replied that "driving habits vary and affects gas mileage". The dealer is also ignoring the gas smell in the oil as long as I do not have any computer codes. On most other vehicles, my gas mileage meets or exceeds the epa ratings. Most other gas mileage postings in this forum state they are getting 25 mpg and higher. Any ideas what is different or wrong with my vehicle?
    The smell of raw gas in your oil in todays engines is not abnormal, in fact its more noticible in todays engines than those of yesteryear. its gonna happen no matter how tight your engine is, however it should not be overwhelming! the gas in the crankcase is usually more profound on your Ford and Dodge products but it it does occur in GM's stuff occasionally! but the mileage issue combined with the gas smell might be an indication of a bigger problem! if the dealer wont address the issue then you might have to take things into your own hands if you have the tools to do it, do a compression leak down test or take it somewhere and have it done you could have an issue with a compression ring or a valve related problem, best of luck to ya !

John
  • pjjbmpjjbm Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the idea of doing a compression check. I pulled the first spark plug tonight and got cold feet. Should I be disabling the ignition, fuel and/or computer before cranking the engine? Remember, this engine has a four second continued cranking even after you release the key if the engine has not started.

There are more issues with this engine I did not report in the first posting. I think I might also have throttle control issues and/or fuel injector issues. Here are the issues:

This engine "thinks it is a Bronco". It has intermittent bucking when accelerating in the lower gears (1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd). The bucking is worse when the engine is partially warmed up. It will also buck sometimes when it is at normal running temperature. When I complained to the dealer, all I get is "these lean burn engines with manual trans do that". I wonder what they tell the Vette drivers.

This engine also "thinks it a donkey". Again intermittently, the engine RPMs will drop off to 500 RPMs while shifting gears (both shifting up or down). Normally, the throttle control holds the RPMs for a second or two before letting the RPMs drop during gear shifts. By the time I let the clutch out after the gear shift, its too late. I have skidding tires because of the low RPMs and it triggers a "Low Traction" message. The dealer response is "I do not know now to drive a manual trans". I have been driving manual trans vehicles for over forty years.

Last item, this engine acts like it is starving for air or gas. Yet it is only getting 21 MPG when it is rated at 27 MPG. When I get the engine RPMs up to 4500, then the starving behavior clears up and then it begins to run like a real engine. I can't be running an engine at 4500 RPMs all the time. The engine won't last and gas mileage will get even worse. On this issue, the dealer tells me, "running as designed".

Wishing I had never sold my 1997 S10. :cry:
  • thrasherthrasher Member Posts: 2
    Chevy as figured out the knocking/popping sound is the Intermediate steering shaft. The vehicle only has 2600 miles on it. Hasn't been repaired yet but I will respond if this corrects the problem.
  • tdt3tdt3 Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone tell me what good storing a code is if GM dosen't know what the code means. I have had my 2005 Colorado I5 in for service 7 time in the last 2000 miles because of the 'check engine' light coming on. Each time code P0172 was stored. The first 6 times they reprogrammed the PCM module, replaced O2 sensors, replaced the fuel regulator, and replaced the air flow sensor. This last time they replaced the fuel injectors after checking with engineers in Detroit. I still don't believe they have the slightest idea of what is wrong.
  • canyonarocanyonaro Member Posts: 2
    The Code P0172 is saying that your fuel bank is running rich. I am 95% sure that if you replace the MAF it will solve that code.
    I know people that replaced everything that you have said was replaced and still getting that code. They replaced the MAF and it solved the problem.

On a different subject, just to let everyone know how much I love mine. I have had my rig for about 2 months and have almost 1000 miles on mine. I took it camping 2 weeks ago in nice uphill 8% grade canyon roads and I still got 23.4mpg! I have the I5 and of course it is a 4x4 automatic. These numbers are better then I expected in the Extended Cab with those kinds of hills loaded with camping gear. :D
    I have an 05 Colorado. Five speed four cylinder. I have 1600 miles on it. I am getting a squeaking noise coming from under the hood or underneath the floor in the front. Has anyone had anything like that and if you did what was the problem?
  • mailman22116mailman22116 Member Posts: 2
    Today my 'check engine' light popped up, I pulled over and I checked all the levels. They were fine. My truck started to buck at intersections and it handled like a brick. Couldn't find any other posts that were like my problems. Fluids fine. Rough idling, Hard steering. I was running the A/C but cutting it off only lessens the bucking. I have a 4 cyl 2.8. And never had any problems with this truck. Thanks
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    I'm not the biggest GM fan, firstly. However, looking for a compact truck for my son, I went - a - shopping. I have owned Rangers before, and thought they were the best small truck out there for a long time. Of course, it's been out there unchanged for a longggggg time. The Tacoma is still uncomfortable and unrefined, though everybody agrees it's a great performer. It's also pricey and the arrogance of Toyota dealerships just galls me. The new Frontier is too large for what I wanted, and so is the Dakota, which is, IMO, a quirky handling truck. Also, too long in the tooth. So, expecting pretty much nothing, I checked out the Colorado. Chevy's small trucks in the past, have been awful, IMO, embarrasingly awful. Other than the big grunty 4.3L engine, they had nothing I wanted.

I was blown away with this little truck! It is possibly the best handling small truck I have ever driven. It's comfortable, for a change, with a good seating position. My only knock on it is the small engine - but hopefully the fuel economy will be a plus.

Result: I bought a black Z-71 4x4. So far, I'm extremely pleased.

We'll see how it holds up, but IMO, Chevy has an accidental winner here. I say accidental, because this truck was designed for the Pacific Rim, and adapted for the States, which is why the engine bay won't accomodate the inline six - so a cylinder was lopped off. If they ever drop a V-6 into this truck, they'll have a real market dominator.

I say, good for the General! About time.
  • orangedoranged Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2005 Colorado LS Reg Cab 4x4 with the inline 2.8l i4 w/ 5spd. Shucked the sub-par General tires that came on it for some Yoko Geolander A/T +II's. I am very happy so far, truck performs much better than my 92 Nissan Pathfinder with a 3.0l v6. Smooth manual tranny and excellent gearing. I'll let you all know if anything changes. :P

Jason
  • fasfas Member Posts: 6
    I just got mine back from the dealer.
    Cause" bracket on frame hitting body near bed area on left side.
    Is what they have on the ticket
    Frank
  • fasfas Member Posts: 6
    I have a '05 Colorado LS crew cab 4x4 I5 automatic with 7400 miles.
    I have a bad hesitation when I back up especially when it is hot. The dealer says it is normal and gave me some document that says dont go from drive to reverse with out being stopped. "like it says in the manual"
    Has anyone else have this problem?
    Frank
    Thank you for the reply. This gives me something to tell the dealer.
  • clevelandgirlyclevelandgirly Member Posts: 1
    I am having problems with my Colorado Z71, truck wouldn't turn over, started violently bucking, took it to the dealer and they told me that a service bulletin has been issued for relay #59 thru 62 which can cause a number of problems from the a/c, to the electrical, engine and so on... I bought it in November 2004 and its been in the shop 6 times for a variety of reasons. I am going to Arbitration with it. I am done with it. Good luck to you and as for me I have a :lemon:
  • bobw1bobw1 Member Posts: 19
    Can anyone give me actual gas mileage on a 2 wheel drive, 4 cylinder Colorado. Thanks....
    In town, I consistently get 21 and 22. This is not driving in heavy traffic as you would in a northeastern city. It is city driving and a lot of stopping and starting.
This discussion has been closed.