Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Canyon

124»

Comments

• This is TOO CLASSIC :-)

"Poor GM...it seems like everytime they try to get back in the game, someone comes along and makes them eat dirt again. I don't care about how good a Hyundai's gas mileage is, or how amazingly stout a Toyota is. GM is an American icon, and I have owned three of them happily."

Bet one of those three was a Vega, one was a V8 diesel, and the other was a 468 Cadillac... LOL

I've owned 51 vehicles, sold Chevrolets for 3 years, and I'm on Toyota #8 and Honda #2. Just checked NADA.com and tradein value on my 01 Tacoma is $5000 less than I paid for it brand new... and the most that's ever been done to it by the dealer is a new shoulder harness (doesn't retract fast enough).

My last new GM vehicle was a 2002 Envoy with the I6. GM should have put THAT engine in the Colorado/Canyon... better mileage, more horsepower. WOW... just another GM screwup. Maybe if they offered a 10 year 100K warranty, they could entice me again... but it ain't likely!
  • fatboy23fatboy23 Member Posts: 8
    How do you figure better gas mileage, curb weight differences? Envoy I-6 gas mileage is 15/21 for a 4X4, Canyon Crew cab is 17/22 for the I-5. And the I-6 hits max torque at 4800RPM the I-5 hits is at 2800, so that is better for off road use and towing. I wouldn't want the
    I-6 unless they made it into more of a truck motor, with lower RPM. I think the I-6 is a good motor but I have no complaints about the I-5 for what I need, I own a trailblazer and canyon. I also must be one of the few people who have had good luck with GM's, I had full size blazers with 200,000 and a 98 buick commuter with over 120,000 and a Taurus in college with 110,000, all no problems. The big 3 still needs a swift kick in the pants though, I am not blind to that because of my good luck.
  • I could care less about torque. If I wanted torque I'd buy a big truck with a diesel. Having just gone thru that formula, I realize that's what you have to have to pull ANY RV. I'm only concerned about zip and gas mileage... and most important, RESALE VALUE.

If someone paid me a million dollars, I wouldn't drive any of those vehicles a hundred thousand miles. I've owned most all of them (except the Buick) and none of them lasted 30,000 miles in my garage before they started having problems, or I was so bored with them I wouldn't drive them any longer. To be specific, I owned a 93 K5 Blazer, 97 Tahoe Sport, 97 GMC Z71 and 87 Sable.

So how do like listening to the pistons slapping in your Trailblazer and Canyon? Have they had to yank the dash out to fix the HVAC motors yet? How much have you lost in depreciation for owning them so far?

Oh, and I don't own the SuperGlide any more. Got tired of the chrome contest, and being associated with Harley owners. And Harleys are no better than American cars, except for the resale value aspect. I have owned an assortment of 13 motorcycles though, in case you want to discuss the pros and cons of those.
    Trailblazer has no piston slap, yet I guess, almost 50,000 miles and no issues besides the stated recalls. No HVAC issues either, depreciation is bad, but mainly because of the high gas prices and used lots flooded with ALL makes and models SUV's.

If you don't want torque in a truck then buy a station wagon. Torque is also great for 4x4ing, if you are talking 2x4 then like I said get a station wagon(HEMI?). I tow up to the 4000lb limit and low end torque is still better than high end torque, no matter how you cut it.

When I bought the Canyon Zip came after value, size, my idea of good looks, functionality for what I need, ..... and then "zip". If I wanted zip first I would have bought a Boxter S.

Why are you so mad for buying boring cars, that was your fault up front, not GM's?

Too bad about selling the Superglide. I don't play the chrome contest. I ride for myself, I gave up that "look at me game" after high school. A lot of Harley riders are nice people, too bad you stereotype them. I owned Honda's and Ducati's, yet love the Harley the most. If you are talking AMF Harley's then sorry about your luck, the 90's and on have been quality machines, and recently I would say Harley quality is finally approaching the Japanese bikes.
  • bigfurbigfur Member Posts: 649
    Im just wondering if Superglide is mad at GM or just at the American car companies in general or maybe the whole world? If you dont like GM and American vehicals i have the same thing to say to you that i say to immigrants to complain about being here.... GET OUT!
    To everyone else, have a nice day and a happy new year :)
    As for chroming up the bikes... guess what, everyone likes their bike to be personal and look good. deal with it.
  • ocmike3ocmike3 Member Posts: 232
    So, what brings you to this forum? Sounds like you had a bad day and just want to complain....
    Owned a lot of vehicles over the last 30 years; domestic plus Toyota, Subaru and Volvo. I wish I could say any were more reliable and outstanding than the others, but I really can't. I can say we've run most of the vehicles to over 100k miles before giving them away or selling cheap to a needy friend/family member.
    My 2004 Canyon has >24k miles and I've had one problem - resistor on climate control fan board died. No piston slap or other anomalies; starts every time and goes when and where I ask it to.
    If resale is high on your priority list, domestic vehicles aren't the way to go. Mostly hype (and little real data) keeps the values of Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Mercedes, BMW etc... higher.
    Having, many friends and family that have owned Audis, BMW, Volvo, Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Saab, Jaguar,Subaru; few have had any better luck than I have with Pontiac, GMC, or Chevy. Repair and maintenance costs for the "foreign" models we've owned has been higher than the domestics, sometime quite a bit more.
    Your opinion of "just another GM screwup" is just that, another person's opinion is that they are just fine or great for what they need.
  • bigfurbigfur Member Posts: 649
    What kind of mileage are people getting with the I-5 with either tranny? Looking to possibly step down from my Silverado since i dont do alot of heavy towing anymore. Thanks for any input.
    I've got 4WD Crew cab, I-5, auto: Currently running in 2WD(metro area gas is diluted w/10% ethanol in winter) I'm getting 16-18 in mixed driving, 21-22 Hwy. With regular (no ethanol) I typically get 18-19 mixed and push 24mpg hwy. I haven't monitored my 4WD mileage as it is sporadic.
  • flapperendflapperend Member Posts: 2
    I have the five cylinder on my 2004 Canyon extended cab. The engine has a whistling noise intermittently while going down the road, esp with gentle acceleration. My dealer has heard it, tried twice to fix it, and finally produced a GM service bulletin that said, and I kid you not, if the dealer can't fix it, tell the owner the sound is a normal operation condition of that engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Can you imagine any mfgr that cared about its reputation issuing such a bulletin?
  • flapperendflapperend Member Posts: 2
    With the automatic, I am lucky to get what the window sticker said. Around town, 15-16, highway, 20-22. My Lexus 430 gets much better mileage.
    10% Ethanol, 4X4 crew cab, getting about 17-18 city and over 20 on the highway.
  • leadfoot4leadfoot4 Member Posts: 593
    ...my 2005 Z71 SLE, and have only two issues. First, the OEM tires were worse than junk. The dealer said GM was looking at options to fix the problem, but nothing ever came of it. I replaced them initially with Bridgestone Blizzaks for the winter, and upgraded to 16" Firestone Destination LEs for the summer. Tire problems gone.

The second issue is wind noise in the cab. Not an air leak, but turbulance like noise at the rear pillar of the cab. Many have mentioned it on this forum, and some have had cab/bed alignment issues which contributed to it. My cab and bed were "square" to each other, however I recently loosened the bolts and was able to shift the bed about 0.050-.060" closer to the cab, and close up the gap. That helped a LITTLE, however it's still NOISY, and getting really annoying, as I've driven this truck more than originally anticipated. My previous truck, a 97 S-10 was FAR quieter.

On the plus side, the ride is good, the gas mileage decent, and other than a defective dome light switch, it's been trouble free.
  • gsp9gsp9 Member Posts: 3
    I have an 05 Canyon Crew Cab 4x4 with 12,000 miles on it. Has anyone had any luck in GM buying their truck back? I've had mine for 6 months now and it has had several problems both major and minor. As of right now, it is in to have the valvetrain and cylinder head replaced. The third week I owned it the internal clutch and transmission went. Plus I have had electrical problems and the usual tire promlems due to the General tires. All totaled it has been in the shop for about 3 weeks out of 6 months.
  • sarge57sarge57 Member Posts: 1
    greetings all...just found this forum...i have an 04 canyon and have read many of the posts here. the little truck has excellent pickup, but it's had a few snags..like
    a reduced engine power display that occured 4 times....detroit finally had them replace the trottle body and that fixed that...but the gas mileage absolutely SUCKS.
    i want an older-but-hardly used 2003 S10 with four cylinder and 5 speed back....badly.

BTW, has anyone noticed that the body of the canyons aren't exactly centered on the frames? passenger side tires protrude 1 inch to the outside; i have it on decent authority that GM acknowledges this...check it out..YMMV,
    but all i've seen were like this. wonder if this has anything to do with the rough ride?

sarge
  • canyonbluescanyonblues Member Posts: 5
    I have an '04 gmc canyon crew cab sle 4x4 with 38,000 miles. I have had continuous check engine lights come on and the dealer said that they were misfires. After a half dozen or so, they then said that it was a clogged injector and that they cleaned the fuel system. Two say's later it was back in, this time they said they were going to replace the fuel injectors. They drove the vehicle for 250 miles with no light coming on. 75 miles later it was back on. Now they say that they did a leak down test and say that the exhaust valve spings need to be replaced. After reading about the valve train problems and engine replacements, I am printing these problems and showing them to my dealer. Cut your losses and sell, or if your looking at the canyon, don't buy, as you can tell, most of these messages are not good.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I am not a General tire fan, at all. When I bought my 05 in June, I would not buy it until I took it on the interstate and tried driving it at 70 to 80 to see how the tires were balanced. They are perfectly smooth. I expected the worst but they have been good tires. I had had them before on a previous truck and they were horrible. Don't be put off by them. Take it out, however, and push it to interstate speeds; up to 80 and check them out before buying.
  • vegascanyonvegascanyon Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a new 2005 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 2WD with 5 cylinder in March 2005.
    I have had only 2 problems with it so far after 36,200 miles. First problem that appeared after 12,000 miles was from tires that were feathering around the edges, and I took it to the dealer. They incorrectly said that it needed a front end alignment. This did not fix the problem. Later, I took it to my trusted mechanic, and he said that the problem was caused by the tires not being balanced correctly. Second problem appeared after about 6 months and 20,000 miles. It was a squeaking noise that occurred when the fan was spinning. The dealer replaced the fan motor because the bearings were bad. They actually had the part in stock which surprised me since this is not something that is normally stocked which leads me to believe that it is a common problem. Other than these two issues, the truck has ran flawlessly. In fact, I bought a new 2005 Honda Odyssey EX in May 2005, and it has had way more problems than the Canyon which really surprised me. I plan on trading in the Odyssey in 2 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes first. But, I plan on keeping the Canyon until the doors fall off. It is very handy for towing a boat and trips to Lowe's and Costco--for oversized items and bags of mulch. The truck is a little noisy when accelerating briskly but the ride is quiet and refined once it is at freeway speed. The factory General tires suck. They have no traction on wet pavement and corner poorly. Overall, happy medium between hauling/towing and fuel efficiency for a truck--21 to 22 fwy and 17 to 18 city. This is at about 2000 ft above sea level.
  • "I have an 05 Canyon Crew Cab 4x4 with 12,000 miles on it. Has anyone had any luck in GM buying their truck back? I've had mine for 6 months now and it has had several problems both major and minor. As of right now, it is in to have the valvetrain and cylinder head replaced. The third week I owned it the internal clutch and transmission went. Plus I have had electrical problems and the usual tire promlems due to the General tires. All totaled it has been in the shop for about 3 weeks out of 6 months. "

Well I rest my case. Your experience is exactly one of those I read too often on here, and too close to my own experience with American cars the last 20 years. I'm not mad at the world and I'm not gonna "get out" of the US. It wasn't my choice to be borned here. If they'd let me immigrate to NZ or AU I would... but they don't want poor dumb americans :-)

And most of the 52 vehicles I've owned were GM products. I've had 10 Corvettes, 2 GTOs, 2 442s, 5 ElCaminos, 3 Silverados, 2 Tahoes, and I won't bore u with the rest of the list. I even sold Chevrolets from 71-74. It's not like I don't have experience in what I'm saying. Most of what I've owned the last 20 years have been Hondas and Toyotas, but I test the water every so often and buy another american vehicle, only to be disappointed. I don't keep cars 200K miles, because when someone comes out with something new and fun (which is what they do to get you to buy a new car), I'm in line to buy it.

And my 6 cylinder Envoy got 22 MPG consistently at 80 MPH, and one 300 mile trip I got 26 MPG... and one 60 mile trip I got 28 MPG... so why would I want a 5 cylinder? I actually liked the vehicle, but every month GM kept giving another $1000 rebate which just furthered my already bad resale value... and it was approaching the end of the 3 year warranty... and the dash had already been disassembled twice for HVAC problems... and I wasn't gonna own it out of warranty. I had it 30 months and 22K miles, and sold it for $10,000 less than I paid for it (not counting tax, license, etc.) and felt lucky.

My nephew just bought a new (leftover) 2005 Canyon with the I5... couldn't get rid of his 2001 Deville any other way but to trade it in (I won't bore you with the list of problems that made him get rid of it). I haven't taught that kid anything ;)
  • granola1granola1 Member Posts: 1
    GM ups HP and TQ on the 2007 Cols and Cans from 220 to 235 and 225 to 260 respectively....possibly just a revised software...any confirms, as no physical changes to I-5's was mentioned.
    Has anyone had a problem with their GMC Canyon windshield? I have an 05 and I noticed tonight graininess in the windshield. It looks like grains of sand in the windshield. I first thought it was dirty and tried to wash it with the windshield fluid. Then I thought something had been sprayed on it, but not so. It feels smooth to the touch.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Member Posts: 872
    Where'd you read the news about the HP increase for 2007? I'd read before that the Colorado/Canyon was due a redesign in 2009; this HP increase strikes me as stopgap measure to maintain/increase momentum for the vehicles until the 2009s arrive.
  • chinntchinnt Member Posts: 2
    Couldn't wait, so I added a K&N intake and a Magnaflow catback exhaust so far...on order is a 2/3 lowering kit, 18" wheels, and belltech sway bar....

2005 regular cab SLE I-5
    wawawa, I had 53 cars, someone crown me king of the forum. I also got 28MPG out of a trailblazer, down hill with a tail wind, drafting a semi. But who needs those facts when I am spinning my stats.
    Well, my vehicle is still in the shop!!! 10 of the last 11 weeks!!! The shop has replaced the injectors, computer, o2 sensor twice, exhaust valve springs, 2 coils for the #2 and #5 cylinders not knowing each time if that would fix the problem. They are now replacing the head as the valve seats are eroding in the #2 & #5 cyl! GM has put out a service bulletin stating that if there is a p300 misfire code in the #2 and #5 cylinders (vehicle is running lean), it's a good chance that this head replacement should fix the problem, if not, they said that they are going to replace the engine. If that doesn't work, well, they don't have an answer for that...what?! :confuse:
    I would go lemon law on this. It will not be the same after they have done that much to it.
    I can't. I fall within the 2 year part but not the 18,000 mile portion of the lemon law. Hopefully this works or an engine is next! After that, who knows. Either way I will be back on to let this forum know.
  • padfam2padfam2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 04 crewcab canyon Z71 4wd. Does anybody know if they are fixing the a/c on these things? ive got a blk and blk and I bake! The a/c blows cold then warm cycling every couple of minutes Ive been told thats normal at the dealership. My mpg is around 13 I have the (5)cyl.auto)is this normal ? I traded in a envoy, that was a mistake this thing has no power!
  • rocketman67rocketman67 Member Posts: 82
    Not sure where I read that for 2K7 GM is uping the 3.5 to 3.7 to give it more hp and torque.
    The AC system on the Canyon/Colorado was/is a new system that used less than a pound of refrigerant. It has a hard time being efficient enough when the temps go up. I had (just sold) a 2004 crew cab and the AC seemed adequate for the most part(NW), but once it was into the 80's I was running it full. AS far as I know GM has no "fix".
    I never had much trouble with it cycling cold to warm.... mostly it just couldn't put out enough cold air to keep everyone comfortable - back seat passengers did stay warm.
    I got much better mileage than that. Typically 16-19 to and from work and 21-24 on the hwy consistently.
    Alright, I finally got my truck back from the dealer and have driven it for a month with no check engine light. The head replacement seems to have worked.
    For the person with the a/c problem, I have not had that bad of a problem, but it could be colder. The gas mileage is around the 17-18 city and around a solid 20 for the hwy. If the deals start coming for larger trucks, I may lease a Ford Crew for less than my truck. Still don't trust the Canyon.
  • onenonly604onenonly604 Member Posts: 1
    Ive bought it the first year it came out. Since ive gotten it the most major problem ive had is the fuel gage. Its never read properly. When im on low fuel and say put in 15 dollars of fuel it goes down directly down to low fuel. Ive took into the dealer they have replaced the fuel senor twice and still hasnt fixed the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
  • rocketman67rocketman67 Member Posts: 82
    They bored it out from 3.5 to 3.7.
  • billingsleybillingsley Member Posts: 69
    I keep trying to like the GMC/Chevy small trucks, but after reading these forums, I think I will go out and buy either the Frontier or Tacoma truck. Maybe that's one of the reasons GM is having to put money behind these small trucks, to move them.

Thanks

:)
  • sector8sector8 Member Posts: 1
    i have the same problem on my 05 canyon I5 crew 4x4, dealership put some sort of cleaner in it to see if that would fix it, it didnt. have to bring it in next week. any fix for yours??.
  • hainahaina Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2005 4x4 I5 Chevy Colorado and have been experiencing what I thought was the Exhaust valve problem what other trucks have been experiencing for Chevy. But what turns out the BUZZING and lifter knocking sound is #PIP3811 "Rattle Noise form bottom rear of engine at 2000-3000 RPM--Keywords accelerate bellhousing buzz clatter detonation end hot housing idle knock load lower ping shaft spark." Another words on rare occasions, a light detonation/rattle type noise may be experienced around 2000-3000 RPM under light load/acceleration with the engine at operating temperature. I can hear a light buzz sound when the engine is cold and I can hear a light knocking sound, like a lifter knocking at around 2000-3000 RPM only on acceleration in drive. CANNOT duplicate the sound when it is in neutral reving the engine to 2000-3000 RPM . The Dealer is aware of the Service Instruction "PIP3811" and a repair is being developed to address this noise; They have not yet found a cure to fix the problem.
    As for the Service Bulletin #04-06-04-081C Exhaust Valve Springs, they said it only applies to the I4 engine not the I5. Can someone concur with that SB?
    I hope this info can help out with anybody else experiencing this buzzing, vibration problem, Knocking sound, even though mine is a Colorado.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have decided to hold on to their current pickup truck, rather than purchasing a new one. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, August 9, 2006 by 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information and what pickup truck you currently own.
  • calmacncalmacn Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the board but I just bought an 04 crew cab 4x4 with the I5 motor and I too only get 13 mpg in town and about 15-16 on the highway. Not happy at all with gas mileage, It will be for sale soon if this is as good as it gets. AC works good enough for me but it has to run on high when its really hot outside.
  • gmintzgmintz Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the location of the Oil Pressure Sending unit on the 5 cyl engine. Is it perhaps on the left side behind the exhaust manifold. :confuse:

Gary
  • p100p100 Member Posts: 1,116
    You could have a bad gauge, or a problem in the wiring harness between the fuel sender in the fuel tank and the gauge. Bad grounding in the circuit will cause erroneous readings too.
  • p100p100 Member Posts: 1,116
    13 MPG sounds dismal on this truck. Either something is wrong or you are flooring this thing at every opportunity. For comparison, my full size '06 Silverado Z71 crew cab (4WD) gets 15-16 MPG in town, more on the highway when driven CONSERVATIVELY. That's with 5.3 liter V8 and 3.73 gears, with A/C on all the time (I live in Florida).

i would recommend trying higher octane fuel. The computer will advance engine timing more with higher octane before the knock sensor registers pinging, for better mileage. Try 89 for a while, then 93. See if the mileage improves. Avoid jackrabbit starts.

I run my Z71 Silverado on 89 octane brand name gas, such as Mobil or BP. Avoid cheap no brand name gas stations. who knows what additives they use. Too much enthanol in the fuel will lower your gas mileage.
  • gmintzgmintz Member Posts: 3
    Never Mind gents. Upon a more detailed look I found it. The location is right above the oil filter itself.

Gary
  • trucklover1trucklover1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 canyon that has decided not to start. I had to have it towed because we could not even jump it. The dealership is taking days to charge the battery. I do have a pretty extensive stereo system in it. Would it be taking the all the juice from the battery?? I have had the stereo for a year now and no problems before. Or could it be something else? I do not want to pay out of my pocket if this is a problem with these trucks.
  • loose_wireloose_wire Member Posts: 1
    Hey I have the same problem I have a 06 Crew cab 4x4. My gas gauge first started saying i had half tank then it would go to empty then re start and would say empty . Then next day just stayed on empty had half tank in it .Took it in they replaced the fuel pump module and the sensor , they called me and said it was still saying empty. so they are looking into it some more . Let me know if you found out what it was . Thanks
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516

As you may have noticed, we are reorganizing the Forums to allow better focus and easier searching when you have a particular problem or comment about any given vehicle. Many of the large generic discussions (like this one) will be closed to new posts, and we ask that you continue in the more focused discussions that you can find at the Group page for the vehicle, linked below. This discussion will not be deleted, so you can still search for information in it.

We recognize this is going to take some getting used to (for the hosts too!), so please bear with us. If you have any questions, you can always email the host of any discussion - the link is at the top of each page to the host who oversees that discussion.

If you don't see a discussion in the group appropriate to your question or comment, start a new one, or send me an email, and I'll point you in the right direction!

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host

Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon Group
  • the_big_althe_big_al Member Posts: 1,079
    I wouldn't say that GM has "screwn-up" I have been a GM fan for years. I have also driven several other brands of vehicles and family has had several other brands. To date I own an '01 S-10 with 90K on it (no problems except a couple minor things), and an 04 Impala with 15K that we bought new 1 1/2 years ago. Absolutley no problems with that car. Before the Impala had a 94 Taurus (I call it a Tortise it was so under powered and slow) but it was a good car and took it to 100K and only a waterpump replaced. Burned not drop of oil and didn't leak anywhere, even the tranny was still doing great and didn't leak. Also had a 95 S-10 hat had its share of problem (long story short - clutch was put it wrong leading to tranny failure to bad tranny install to pinched ignition wires to you get the picture. Anyway all that was fixed and it was going strong at 100K. No oil burn, all that power that it always had, all components worked and overall in pretty good shape. My parents went through an '85 Plymouth Voyager that they took to over 110K before trading on an Aerostar but turned it over at only 90K because of tranny problems, but had an old boss that is on his second Aerostar - the first had over 200K, although he did replace the tranny. I think he still has it, but not sure of the mileage, but I, guessing it is over 100K. After the Aerostar, my mom got an Astro and took that one to 170K with just a few minor electrical problems. It too was still going good upon replacement. Every vehicle my grandparents have owned from Buicks to Towncars to thier current Crown Vic have all been taken to over 100K and beyond before replacement. Thier current vehicle is like a 97 Crown Vic with 125K on it and no major problems. My grandpa's truck is a 1990 Sierra with over 150K on it (although I understand it doesn't run for some reason). He does have an '00 Dodge Ram, but doesn't particularly care for it he would rather have a Chevy, but is stuck with the Dodge for the time being and it has been an okay vehicle for him. My mom did have a 95 Grand Cherokee but there were several problems with it and she ended up getting rid of it before it broke 100K. She bought a 95 Regal that now has 115K on it. My Dad had an 82 Datsun that had well over 200K on it before he replaced it with an 02 Frontier (as a matter of fact that 82 Datsun was the only truck he ever owned while I was growing up. When I was in High School I went through 3 cars and it was the way I treated them. The only one to stand up to my abuse was an 82 GMC Sierra Classic. I drove that thing into the ground and it still kept going. Even the power windows worked! My sisters shared had a Suziki Samari that had well over 150K before she "upgraded" to a Cavalier (this car is indeed not the best car in the world, but it does go from point A to point B) and the Suziki is still going. I was at my parents house just a few weeks ago and my aunt has it now, but it still goes...

Anyway, my point is that all vehicles no matter what brand, make or country of origin have the ability to last a long time given they are taken care of. As you can tell from my vehicular history, resale value means little as we run our cars to very high mileage before getting rid of them, or passing them on, but I have yet to have a vehicle that is plagued with problems (problems caused by how the vehicle was built) I have had my share of car problems, but those can be attributed to how I drove - I.E. you can't run a motor without oil, or how it was worked on - you can't put a transmission back in without a shift tower gasket hence all the tranny fluid will leak out and cause a tranny to go...

So all I am saying is, I'll bet this Canyon/Colorado given that they are taken care of, given the proper maintenance will give years and miles of good service... And I'll bet the Toyota Tacoma will to. It just depends on how you want to do it.
  • the_big_althe_big_al Member Posts: 1,079
    I think it's interesting that a brand new vehicle has run full blast A/C just to get cold when my 6 year old 100K vehicle that I haven't touched the A/C system since the compressopr replacement 2 or 3 years ago and 70K miles ago will blow air cold enough that even on the hottest days and going down the road it gets cold enough that even on low setting it cools the vehicle... btw the vehicle is a 2001 V6 ex-cab S-10. You would think that a brand new vehicle with all the technology we have would be able to have an A/C system that works even on the hottest of days. My wifes 04 Impala also doesn't get extremely cold. At least not as cold as my S-10. Her car only has 19K miles on it. Haven't had any problems with it. Just that the A?C doesn't get cold
This discussion has been closed.