Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• grupo999grupo999 Member Posts: 4
    Received the following email offer last evening:

2009 Honda Pilots
    2008 Honda Accord V6 Sedans
    We just received new incentives for both of these vehicles.

Save up to $2000 on all 2009 Pilots

Chicagoland dealer.

Sorry no other detail. Bought my 2008 Pilot so not in the market any longer.
  • mlt007mlt007 Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for everyones great info- I received an email yesterday- 2009 Honda Pilot EXL with remote starter installed ( 530.00) 29,000. Pretty good? This is without the incentive. I did email the dealer today to ask about it.......... Will keep you posted. I live in Alabama. Also- I am a repeat customer. Maybe that helps?
  • darynmdarynm Member Posts: 8
    Wow, how patience has paid off. I just purchased my new EX-L list price for 34,230 and paid 30,000. This came with the new 2,000 incentive and the 3.9 financing. I was first working on a EX model at another dealer. They didn't have my car in inventory thank GOD! Deal was basically done. Had 2 trades they valued at 7,000. Cars were both in good shape and 10 years old. I was hoping to get at least 8,000 from dealers and 10,000 outright from individuals, but to get rid of two headaches I suppose at the time it seemed worth it. I got a call From Goodson Honda in Houston with one hell of an counter offer that couldn't be beat. In the end, they gave me 9,100 for my trades and the 30k for the Pilot. Woo Hoo! An EX-L for payments less than an Ex just the day before! I would think now is the good time to buy.Oh, and I love my new ride. I don't care what people say about how it looks etc. Great car!
    Good Job! The dealer just told me the color I want will be in October1- I think I will wait one more month- I got the same offer as you- 29,065- so about 30,000 with the options I want. Yea!! Will keep you posted on full price..........
  • 94camrylover94camrylover Member Posts: 3
    Hey, I'm in Alabama too. What dealership are you working with?

Has anyone gotten a good price on an Pilot LX? We're starting to shop around today.
  • bakstge1bakstge1 Member Posts: 24
    All these prices are starting to sound great and happy to see the posts, but I think you all need to specify if it is a 4WD or 2WD. Big difference in pricing.
  • hongkongphooeyhongkongphooey Member Posts: 2
    I know that people had posted that they were getting deals around invoice price prior to the $2000 incentive being offered. Would that mean that with the $2000 incentive we should be seeing quotes $2K below invoice? I just received a price in the southern NE area for a 2009 AWD touring with NAV and RES of $35,500 which includes the destination charge which seemed like a good price to me. Any thoughts from others would be greatly appreciated.

One thing that they did tell me was that the $2000 incentive was a trial deal for Honda and that it was likely to expire after Labor Day weekend and not return for a while.
    I think the deals around invoice were from some good negotiators and after finally dealers realizing that we are on planet earth, not pluto. Which means they had to come off of MSRP to move some product. So I think the $2K incentive is just a simple tool to create the effect of a no haggle sale, such as: I will give you $2K off MSRP right here, right now on this beautiful new 2009 Pilot. GM has been doing this for months on thier TAHOES, they are offering $6K off MSRP, just for walking in the door. Understand? I personally would like to see the specifics, and fine print. Is this across the board on every model Pilot? And can you use the 1.9% as well? I have not seen any info in my email or on the Pilot site.
  • cabbqkingcabbqking Member Posts: 11
    Right now in Southern CA / Orange county, dealers are mostly quoting $500 above invoice before the $2000 rebate...with just a little negotiation, you can get invoice price before the $2000 rebate. This means if you pay more than $2000 under invoice, then you have over paid...go to the larger dealers who must inventory....

Yes, the $2000 rebate can be combined with the special financing Honda announced at beginning of the month
  • cabbqkingcabbqking Member Posts: 11
    No difference on pricing in Southern CA for 4WD or 2WD...I am getting quotes for both...
  • hongkongphooeyhongkongphooey Member Posts: 2
    I would assume it is across the board for every model Pilot although I only got quoted on the AWD Touring w/ NAV and RES. I am also able to get the 3.9% financing so I'm sure the 1.9 is available is you want the 2 or 3 year option.
    Ok cool. Like I said, I paid $31,895 including destination for my 2009 EX-L w/ RES 4WD. I say that is about $2,100 off invoice and about $5,300 off MSRP according to kbb.com. Did this deal before I even heard about the $2K incentive. Either way, I feel golden.
    My quotes are on a EX-L 2WD. (29,065). I live in Alabama and I am dealing with Treadwell Honda. This is my 5 th Honda from them. Being single female it is always hard to buy a car because the salesMEN think you are a:stupid and b:you cannot afford it. Ha Ha! No offence to anyone. I tried to buy another SUV several years ago and the another dealership would not even return my call! I will not buy anything other than HONDA- mainly because they are 100% dependable. I am just trying to gather info so when I go in the transaction can be simple!! Thanks to everyone here for such good information. Since the prices are coming down - I am wondering maybe I should get the Touring???? What type of warranty do we need for this Nav system? I am afraid it will break and my car will not run!!!! Any suggestions?
  • lufacalufaca Member Posts: 31
    I would not consider a NAV system since now you gan get a very nice unit for under $1000 and with the perk of beoing portable. They seem to charge too much for the factory nav systems.
    Thanks- I really do not need it. I can buy a portable one. Thanks again for the input..............
  • iontrapiontrap Member Posts: 139
    My local dealer has a few 08's leftover and I may be interested in an EX-L or EX-L w/RES. What would be a reasonable amount off of MSRP?
  • k203206k203206 Member Posts: 20
    Hi,

I have been negotiating with a Southern Cal. dealer on remaining 08's. I'm interested in the VP model with 4 wheel drive. I was able to get $5k off invoice... It's not the same model you are interested in, but at least you know what other models are going for...Good Luck.
  • fred25fred25 Member Posts: 92
    I suggest that you not spend the extra money on the warranty. I agree that dealer do treat women not as well as men. To combat this I suggest that you become a regular on this site - don't be afraid to ask questions - the best defense you have is being knowlegeable when you are at the dealer - educate yourself on pricing and features and don't let them intimidate you - Let them know that you know your stuff and you will not be bullyed - and if you do not like how you are being treated - Be prepared to walk out the door. Its your money and you TELL them what you expect to get for your dollar.

I know in the NYC area dealers have Pilots sitting on their property not moving. What they don't tell you that it is costing them money when vehicles are not moving. This $2000 off MSRP is just a teaser to promote sales. This is not enough - If you can wait a few more months prices will come down - remember dealers have to sell Pilots because they have quotes to meet.

FRED
  • iontrapiontrap Member Posts: 139
    Thanks for the info, I may offer something crazy like $7k or $8k below invoice and see what happens.
  • confusedman1confusedman1 Member Posts: 34
    Hello
    I am buying 09 Pliot AWD EXL. what is the best price so far for this model.
    I am in Boston Area, and the local Honda dealer quoted me 31385 OTD.

does this sounds good? can it be any lower than this price?

Sale price 29530
    tax 5% 1476
    all fees 379

OTD 31385

please let me know if this is good deal or not.

thanks
    B
  • jc9394jc9394 Member Posts: 39
    Glad my info helped you, did you get it from Herb? Love the Pilot, gives me 18.8mpg for the first 3 tanks.
    That is a very good price, as far as the $2000 incentive, I did not see it anywhere on the web other than here.
    Try here on the accessories. I got the cross bar, advanced cargo net and the cargo divider from them. Their listed price on the web included shipping. :)

http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=H- P
    Thanks , Fred. I will keep lurking and posting. Your information has been very helpful. I do not need a new car right now- I just want the new Pilot. I have learned a great deal of information here- will keep you posted. Michelle
    I disagree on the warranty, unless you are getting a Pilot without NAV and RES. For a 8/120k extended warranty that covers mechanical and electrical parts for 1200, it is worth it. A bad NAV or RES after basic manufacture warranty need to replace will cost you more than 1200.
  • silverplatter1silverplatter1 Member Posts: 14
    Confusedman1, That seems like quite a good price to me. I have been researching and talking with local dealers too, and your sale price is ~$300 lower than the best price I have been offered. for an 09 pilot EXL AWD.

Good luck!
    I am looking at the EXL without NAV and RES- I simply do not need either one. What about the extended warranty on this model??? I had that warranty on the last 3 Accords I had and needless to say- I never used it and it did not do me much good at the dealership. it never paid for anything other than an occasional oil change.
    It all depends, I only got the extended warranty because I have the Touring with RES. My friend's S2000's extended warranty pay for way more than itself. With more electronics in the car these day, I rather buy the warranty for peace of mind. BTW - the parts are getting more expensive on newer cars than older one.
  • pemdocpemdoc Member Posts: 4
    First quote from Mahwah Honda, Mahwah NJ
    EX-L AWD RES 30295 +dest
    Touring Nav + DVD 34560 + Dest

Dealer states $2000 incentive from Honda Included. Edmunds does not have it (2k incentive) listed nor does Honda's Website (too early?). Some on this board have said it's sort of a reality check and basically a "gimme" as the Pilots aren't selling much and have been selling $300-1000 over invoice. I will try to see if they will do the $2k off invoice.

Has anyone seen any service i.e. Costco/BJS/Sam's/AAA cost sheet? It's usually a few hundred to 1k over invoice. Just wanting to know if anyone has.

Andre
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    A 09 FWD Touring normally stickers for $38K. Some here have gotten this same vehicle for $35K. With the new $2K rebate would $36K be out of the question?
    Not at all with the $2000 market support from Honda, you should target for at least $34K.
  • p1cfl01p1cfl01 Member Posts: 14
    Hi bakstge1,

What a deal!!!! I too am looking at the samething in Long Island NY,2009 Pilot EX-L RES, well the same color black/gray. Can you tell me where and who you got it from, the salesman, if you don't mind? My email lam_frankie@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Frankie
    Michelle,

You are very welcomed - that's the power of this important web site - and I am glad to help - I too am in the market for a new 2009 EXL: Pilot. Currently I have a 2005 EXL Pilot and its time to upgrade.

FRED
    Thanks for the information - however, it is important to read the find print of the warranty - many DO NOT COVER RES and/or NAV. Before you sign on the dotted line you should know what is covered in addition understanding the fine print of WHAT'S NOT COVERED. Ask for a full copy of the warranty and read it slowly and carefully. Do not take anyone's word of what is or is not covered. If it is not written is not covered.

Just make sure you know what your paying for and keep in mind the term "BUYER BEWARE".

FRED
    You are correct on the third party extended warranty...on the Honda extended warranty does said it will cover factory NAV and RES.

Examples of Systems covered:

* ENGINE: including the Timing Belt, if due to MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN.
    * FLUIDS/OILS as required for the repair of a covered part.
    * TRANSMISSION: including the Shift Cable.
    * GENUINE HONDA FACTORY INSTALLED NAVIGATIONAL DEVICES
    * FRONT, REAR AND 4WD AXLES
    * COMPUTERS/ELECTRONICS: including Switches, Sensors, SRS Control Unit.
    * CHASIS: Suspension, steering, and Brake Systems
    * FUEL SYSTEM
    * AMERICAN HONDA AUTHORIZED ELECTRONIC/AUDIO ACCESSORIES: including cellular telephones, rear entertainment and DVD systems that are factory installed, or DEALER installed according to AMERICAN HONDA factory specifications.
  • navooshnavoosh Member Posts: 2
    2008 Honda Pilot VP AWD - MSRP-$28,995.00
    Internet Price*-$24,523.48
    After a phone conversation, they got back to me with a price of $22,000 not including sales tax.
    Additional fees would be $250 (documentation), $25.50 Title. Not sure if they would charge the $670 destination fee. They said that this was their lat '08 model left.
    I have no experience with the dealership located in Northeastern Ohio.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thank you !
    JC 9394:

Thank you for the clarification.

FRED
  • jimmycrackcornjimmycrackcorn Member Posts: 1
    :mad: they just don't want people to keep playing games with them
    hi pemdoc,

would it be ok for you to let me know who in Mahwah Honda, Mahwah NJ
    gave you that price EX-L AWD RES 30295 +dest
    , i too is looking to buy this, plz let me know lam_frankie@yahoo.com

thz
    frankie
  • boatcredboatcred Member Posts: 3
    Does the $2k incentive apply to leases as well? I'm looking at a Boch ad for 288 a month, 36 months, 12k a yr no money down aside of the normal fees. The only way I can get anywhere near that number using the payment calculator is them selling the car well below invoice.

I'm glad I found the forum...if the 2k is available on leases we'll probably move up to the touring.

The Pilots are just sitting on the lots up here, they're not moving them even with the new lease rates.
    Picked up the vehicle tonight, very pleased with the entire transaction, sale and dealership in a whole. Simple internet process and they agreed to the number I offered. I worked hard with Toni (the internet sales manager) at Honda City in Levittown. Once again, I walked away with a 2009 Pilot EX-L 4WD w/ RES for $31,895 destination included, no trade. No fees or any bs, just tax, reg & license. Good Luck.

A few posts up I see someone getting an offer out of Jersey for the same vehicle for $30,900. Unsure how much lower these things will get, but I really wanted to stay local to keep up a good relationship for when it comes to service time.
    Thanks bakstge1, i like to keep it local also you basically got the car $100 below dead cost including the $2000. The dead cost to them is $31994. I hope they can get me this deal too, we'll see. thanks frankie
  • breena16breena16 Member Posts: 7
    Hi everyone,
    I was curious....Is there any way to avoid the destination charge? Perhaps purchasing a vehicle from the lot? I bought my 06 Pilot Exl at Bernardi Honda in Mass and got the best deal at that time. Now I want the 09 Pilot and have been getting various internet quotes and so far the best was from Atamian Honda/Volkswagen in Tewksbury Ma:
    *2009 HONDA PILOT TOURING RES/NAV 4WD
    MSRP$40630/Discounted Internet Price $34070 (includes the $2K cash back)
    This does not include the destination charge. Bernardi's quote was $34,870 which did include the destination charges.
    I think this is a super deal. What do you think - could they go any lower??? Could I be so bold as to ask for $500 off (cover the auto starter) ? Thanks!
    What exactly is dead cost? I thought invoice was pretty much the bottom line. If they werent making any money somewhere, I know they wouldnt have sold it to me. So I think invoice pricing is BS and overhyped, just got to pay what you feel comfortable paying. I will say this is one busy dealership, that seems to move product as both time I was there, Dont forget deal with TONI only at Honda City.
    Dead cost usually is the Invoice - holdback - market support + destination charge.

Take Touring with RES for example
    36201 - 724 - 2000 + 670 = 33477
    There is no way to avoid destination charge. From the quote you got, Atamian, basically making 600 only. You can try Boch (don't recommend them, high pressure sales) or Herb Chambers to beat Atamian's price.
  • breena16breena16 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks! I will definitely see if anyone can beat the price. When you talk about Dead Cost, are there any dealers that are willing to sell at Dead Cost? I never heard of this.
    Usually not, but it happens. Please keep in mind the dealer needs to make a small profit. The Honda sign cost them a lot of money and lets be reasonable but not get kill by them.
  • silverplatter1silverplatter1 Member Posts: 14
    Hello. I have been given this quote by a local dealer: $29,400 for a 2009 Pilot AWD EX-L. plus tax, title, and doc fee.

Any feedback on this price? It is the lowest that I've received so far, and I am thinking it's quite a good deal?
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    [29,400 for a 2009 Pilot AWD EX-L. plus tax, title, and doc fee.] It is the lowest that I've received so far, and I am thinking it's quite a good deal?

Didn't you answer your own question?