Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• silverplatter1silverplatter1 Member Posts: 14
    mplshondadlr, Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough. I am looking for feedback on this price from others who are participating in this thread. Even though it's the lowest offer I've received, and even though I think it's a good deal, others may have input that I want to hear.
  • pemdocpemdoc Member Posts: 4
    It was one of the internet guys, he goes by H.P.

FYI
    "* Prices do not include tax, title, or license fees. Prices include all applicable rebates. Subject to prior sale. Expires 7 days after quote or by month's end."
  • confusedman1confusedman1 Member Posts: 34
    hello, may I ask which dealer you are getting this quote from. the lowest OTd price that i have got is 30950.
    i think thats the greatest price, i would make sure the dealer will stick to its committed price.

print the email or ask them to write in the formal letter with that price.

good luck.
  • bbolivarbbolivar Member Posts: 4
    Hello, since this forum was so helpful, I just wanted to share our info. We just picked up a black Touring from Goudy Honda in LA.

Price was 36,201 (invoice) - 2,000 (rebate) + 670 D/H + 180 (BS fee) = $35,051 (plus tax, docs, etc). We also opted for a 7 year/80K miles extended warranty for 875 (originally offered at 1225).

So far so good! Thanks for evryone's info, it was absolutely helpful.

bb
  • pemdocpemdoc Member Posts: 4
    The math doesn't add up. I think this is what you mean.

36201 - 724 - 2000 = 33477+ 670

Question for the community. Should that $670 be considered part of the dead cost since it's passed directly to the purchaser?

"Dead cost usually is the Invoice - holdback - market support + destination charge.

Take Touring with RES for example
    36201 - 724 - 2000 + 670 = 33477"
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    For reference: The invoice on a 2009 Honda Pilot EXL 4WD is $32299.00. Minus the $2000.00 DEALER CASH, that adjust to $30299.00. Minus the holdback of $1055.00 equals $29244.00. $156.00 over actual dealer cost is a fantastic deal.

"Even though it's the lowest offer I've received, and even though I think it's a good deal, others may have input that I want to hear."
    mplshondadlr, thanks for your quick reply. where do you get your number for the invoice price? likewise for the holdback number?
  • bakstge1bakstge1 Member Posts: 24
    You people are going to drive yourselves crazy. Its like trying to re-price after you have already bought, which is a big no no. There is alot of great info in this thread as to who is paying what and where. I suggest really taking the time and dissecting the info on the last 3 or 4 pages alone. Lastly, the price you pay, is the price you should be comfortable with, after doing your homework. You also need to be realistic in what you offer the dealer. Like I said, armed with the info in this thread, you should be able to cut a very good deal (not overpay or underpay) on your new Pilot. JMO
  • p1cfl01p1cfl01 Member Posts: 14
    Not really a good price but kinda fair. I like to pay less.

Stocked EX-L RES Black/Gray, no other extra add on.

$32194.21 + Lic/Fee + Tax

1.9 and 3.9 finance along with this.

I am still waiting on Mahwah, NJ and Honda City, Levittown both lower priced in this forum but not sure if they'll deliver.

Will post once I hear from any of them.
  • pilotsearcherpilotsearcher Member Posts: 15
    Hi all-

I've been looking at Honda Pilots for some time and would like to get a certified pre-owned (like the 2008 better than 2009 model, and the 0.9% apr). Found the following, how low would you offer?

http://lutherbrookdalehonda.lutherauto.com/Default.aspx?inventoryid=25143793&pag- e=preowned-inventory

2008 Pilot EXL
    Aberdeen Green Metallic
    Internet Price: $27,695
    Mileage 22705

Only 22000 miles 0.9 apr oac, on Certified Pilots thru labor day, ask sales for details, leather heated seats, power moon roof, Factory Warranty! 7yr 100k. Honda Certified Warranty, also has Factory tow pkg. running boards, and roof cross bars.

VIN: 5FNYF18518B004367

I want to make a good decision and you guys all seem very smart!
  • jc9394jc9394 Member Posts: 39
    Totally agree, you should never ask the dealer to go below the dead cost. They do need to make money to pay commission to the sales, yes, they do make a killing on service where about 60% profit from them but that has nothing to do with the sale folks. Do you think it is fair for them to spent a whole day of work just to make 100 in commission?
    bakstge1, thanks for your post. I am not sure if I was one of the "you people" that you were replying to. If I was, I just wanted to clear up that I have not yet purchased a 2009 Pilot. I was simply asking for feedback on the "best" quote that I've received so far.
    A question: do any of you think that the '09 pilot will come down in price even further as the year-end approaches? My bro in law got a great deal in Dec 07 on an 07 Odyssey because of some good incentives that were offered at year end, and I am wondering if something similar will happen this year... especially since the Pilots are not moving much off the dealer lots? we are not in a rush to buy so waiting until Nov or Dec, esp for the prospect of a possibly better deal, is appealling.
    Thoughts?
    YOU PEOPLE was a reference to all the procrastinators unsure if the deal is good enough for them. Your questions above are exactly what I am somewhat talking about though. You are asking questions, where nobody really knows the answer. Right now the deal is pretty sweet with a $2K incentive and 1.9 or 3.9 financing as this is a big step from where we were a month ago. Again, nobody knows where we will go from here. My point is, if you are serious about a 2009 Pilot now, get out there and make your offer (basing it on what you have read here) If you are in no rush, you are going to drive yourself crazy watching this forum and or pricing till the time you decide to buy. Keep this in mind... There will be ALWAYS someone who will get a better deal than you, after you buy. FACT! BUY at the price you are comfortable with and enjoy the vehicle, dont second guess your purchase.
    I'm a honda dealer in Minneapolis hence the name: mplshondadlr :)
    I just did a VIN search on Hondas internal site and found that car was a Honda Factory car. Which means it was driven by a Honda employee since last August.

The thing to keep in mind is that if Brookdale has a brand-new 08 with no miles on it you could snap it up for about the same price.

My suggestion (and thats all it is) is to offer $25000.00 plus TT&L. They'll ask how you came up with that figure and tell them that you can buy a brand-new zero mile one for the same price so you feel a used doesn't have the same value.
  • mgc407mgc407 Member Posts: 20
    I got the car last night, i paid 35865+tax+doc fees+lic+3.9%Apr. I came home only to get an internet quote from a previous dealer for 34760 but no 3.9 or 1.9 APR financing. This must be the new 2000 incentive. I got it from herb.I could have done better but i am ok as far they had the specific spec i wanted. There are only in boston.Ithought they were supposed to help with programming the cellphone. i am looking for where to buy GAP insurance, i felt the $700 was too much my insurance company and credit union do not offer this, any suggestions will be most appreciated?
    Congrats! on your new PILOT! You will love it. You say you took the 3.9% financing. I assume this was through Honda Financial Services? If it was, Honda offers at no cost, the GAP insurance included FREE with thier financing. I know because I did the 1.9% through Honda and signed the paper stating this, at no additional cost.
    congrats on the Pilot, you will love it. As far as program the phone, I can help you. i programmed both my phone and my wife's iphone and it is pretty simple.
    Were you referencing this pilot at Luther Brookdale?

VIN: 5FNYF18558B040384

I couldn't see any others.

My local dealer in Omaha, NE called and said he had a "demo" pilot 2008 EXL coming back at the end of the month with 6k on it.
    ODaniel Honda, Omaha NE

What would they ask for something like that?

Is 24k impossible on the previous one I described?
    I've been reading these sale prices posted and thought I could get lower than 25k.
    http://www.opencarprice.com/auto/page/3/Honda_Pilot

How long does the 0.9% APR Certified on Pilots last?

Thanks!
    bakstge1, thanks for your reply. I don't feel that I am driving myself crazy - I am actually enjoying this process of learning and hearing the experiences that other buyers and prospective buyers are having. I agree that someone else will def get a better deal than me, and I am fully comfortable with that.

I know that some of my questions were probably on the vague side, but in forums like these you never know who might pop up with some information worth considering?!

We have extensively researched and are comfortable to move forward with an 09 Pilot Purchase. But, as I wrote earlier, we are not in a rush. While we wait, we continue to read and learn whatever we can without getting stressed about it.

thanks again.
    mplshondadlr, thanks. What can you tell me about the discount pricing available for Sam's Club members? This particular dealer that I am working with is offering me this price (~$29,400), and I found this dealer through samsclub.com.
  • breena16breena16 Member Posts: 7
    I'm a bit of a dinosaur with this stuff I'm afraid, can someone please give a more in-depth explanation about this technology? I've Googled to no avail. Thank you.
    Sam's Club doesn't set pricing as much as they suggest pricing. Each dealer set thier own pricing for the program.
    What specific you need to know about this combo? I have my iPhone linked to my Pilot via bluetooth.
  • breena16breena16 Member Posts: 7
    I guess I don't even really know the full capability of the navigation with its various options as well as the blue tooth/iphone stuff, voice activated option. Basically, what things I could do with it etc. Like I said, total fossil !! : ) We've always bought used, no-frills cars. In 06 we bought our first new vehicle together - the Pilot EXL. We love it and want to upgrade to the 09 with all the goodies. So I'm learning. Thanks for any feed back you have.
    Here is the link to the NAV menu and check out page 136 for all voice commands.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/AOM385/AOM38571.pdf

In a nutshell, I can make and receive calls via the stereo via blue tooth. The are voice commands to make adjustment on the temp, radio, nav...
    Backstage
    I was told to sign a decline form because they were charging me $700 extra, please can you give me specific information. I used the honda financing and i will be mad to learn this people were trying to extract more from me. I will try to confirm fom them.
    GAP is only included in leasing or vehicle purchase in NY.

http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/global/glossary.asp

Gap assurance (Total Loss Protection)
    Although you may intend to keep a vehicle for the full term of a lease, an accident or theft could cause early termination. Most auto insurance policies pay the average market value of the car, which may be considerably less than the remaining lease obligation. Leases from Honda Financial Services include "gap" protection to cover this difference in the event of such a loss. This is a very desirable feature to look for in your lease. If you are purchasing a vehicle outside New York, you may be able to purchase gap assurance coverage from your dealer.

Note: A retail installment contract from Honda Financial Services includes gap assurance only if the vehicle is purchased in the state of New York.
    Thanks
    I live in Mass and the GAP insurance is extra as confirmed by honda. I am left with no option but to go and cough out the money.I will still have a day to source for it. This board is very resourceful because of guys like you
    I live in Mass too, check with your insurance agent, my insurance will replace the vehicle with one year newer model if the accident is total loss or stolen.
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    Although our lease is set to end in a few months, when we got our 06 Odyssey van, we were told at the time gap coverage was included. :confuse: I see where it says it's only offered in New York, so I have to wonder now if that really isn't the case and I need to double check since I recently leased an 08 Accord.
    We're looking at the 09 Pilot, as well as a host of other vehicles, and thought the inclusion of gap coverage gave Honda a leg up over other manufacturers, which do charge for gap coverage.
    BTW, we live in Florida.
    From Honda financial website

Leases from Honda Financial Services include "gap" protection to cover this difference in the event of such a loss.
  • rasu57rasu57 Member Posts: 14
    I am planning to buy 2009 EXL with RES 4WD by this week. What is the best OTD anyone bought so far? Any information will help in negotating the price. FYI, I live in Jersey.
    I suggested 24500k for the 2008 EX-L and spoke of the higher miles and used as lowering the value and thus price.
    The internet dealer came back with the more equipment that comes with it. Though his comparison model didnt have roof rails and step bars, it had a DVD player.

Ideas?
    Thank you for clarification. I was unaware this was only available in New York State. I am sorry for any confusion I caused.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Mmm ... let me think ... if I can tell you correctly of what Honda will do refer to Pilot's incentive in Dec then I think I can probably predict what the Dow Jones index will be in Dec as well.

So don't even think of believing 49.9% if I really post.
  • ritcarritcar Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased my 08 Pilot and only received 1 master key and valet key. I was supposed to get 2 master keys, right? Just making sure before I complain to the dealer. Thanks.
  • k203206k203206 Member Posts: 20
    I wanted to thank the message board members for all the information I was able to gather prior to purchasing my wife's 08 Pilot. Vehicle price of $22,154 with the out the door price (Tax, Title, license) of $24k and some change. I purchased the vehicle at Riverside Honda and was one of the best purchasing experiences I've had. Took 2 hours for everything. For the above post, they did give me 2 master keys and 2 valet keys. Thanks again for everyone sharing thier stories... :)
    You should get two master and one valet.
    bigdadi118, thanks! I'll be sure to look you up when I want Dow Jones predictions! :-)
  • auto33botauto33bot Member Posts: 6
    I lived in NC and i just received an offer of $29,180.68 OTD for Honda Pilot EX AWD'09. Is it a good deal or can it still be lowered? I hope to get a feedback and thanks in advanced.
    OTD, Including Destination, Tax, Reg & Any Fees? Sounds good to me. A breakdown post would be better as I do no9t know your tax rate.
    based on the research and pricing that I have done, that seems like a very good price.
  • auto33botauto33bot Member Posts: 6
    When he (internet mgr.) offered me a quote of $27864.77. I e-mailed him back about destination charge, $2K incentives, document fees, tag and tax prices. But all i get for a response was $29180.60 OTD no breakdown of anything like fees and etc. Do you think i should go for it? Thanks a lot for feedbacks.
    auto33bot, that OTD price that he quoted you almost certainly includes the $2K dealer cash back. To me, it seems like a good deal. As has already been written here, someone will always get a better deal than you or me. Based on all numbers for that model, it does seems like quite a good price. If you feel the same way, and you are ready to buy NOW, then go for it!
  • mark000mark000 Member Posts: 6
    I got an offer, 2009 4WD Touring/Nav, $32,995 including destination. I think it's a good deal.
    I am going to take it.
  • p1cfl01p1cfl01 Member Posts: 14
    Wow, that's a great price! I am still struggling with the dealer on $31200 09 AWD EX-L RES, they keeping saying this is too low and I need to come up. I think the max I'll offer them is $31500 +tax+ttl.

Where is this qoute from?

Good Luck........
  • mlt007mlt007 Member Posts: 16
    I just got a quote- 2009 Pilot Touring model- no DVD, AWD- 31,900.00 + tax, title, etc. Unfortunately, they just sold the color I want. I will keep waiting......I live in Alabama. With this price , I may find another color!!
  • bruzer56bruzer56 Member Posts: 10
    Will they let you pick it up from the Alabama factory? :)

I was worried when I got an internet quote for the same vehicle for $31,425. I thought maybe they were quoting me for the 2WD, but seeing your quote makes me think that dealers are becoming more desperate to sell these. I'm wondering if they would take an even $31K?
  • mlt007mlt007 Member Posts: 16
    I bet they would take 31k, also - I was quoted $532.00 for the remote starter- that includes installation! I dont know about picking up in Lincoln, AL- it worth a try. Its not that far from me- I am in Mobile, AL. I really want the sterling gray with gray leather. They are going to get one in the first week of October. My birthday month. Happy birthday to me! I cannot think of a better present. I hope the prices remain this good. Since sales are down 47% , I do not expect them to start blowing out the door. ( Unless, of course, we get another hurricane!!!) which is all the more reason I want the AWD model.