Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hanzerohanzero Member Posts: 13
    Could you tell me which part of Texas you are in? I want exactly the same model with a dvd and my best price so far is still $2,000 (only for RES) more than what you paid.

Thanks.
  • integradriverintegradriver Member Posts: 123
    Dealers will attempt to get you to take something from inventory because a deal isn't a deal until you've rolled over the curb with a Temp Tag. If the time it takes to locate a vehicle goes beyond the end of an incentive, then quotes including that incentive probably won't be honored. Also, there will be costs to the dealer in making a trade with another dealer, trade drivers to be paid, giving up something out of their own inventory etc. So they'll attempt to get you onto a specific vehicle before making their best offer.

However, they could make the same deal for you on a vehicle they'd have to find that they can on one in stock. If it really came down to it, they'll do it.
  • mikevpmikevp Member Posts: 10
    Did you have a trade in? Seems like a GREAT price. I am wondering if they stole your trade in though???
  • GrooveHolmesGrooveHolmes Member Posts: 5
    We are in Austin, but the dealership is in San Antonio. We got that quote using the Costco site, which I read about on a "How to good deal on a car" article. You have to have a Costco number. We were very specific about what car we wanted, but there are also enough Black '09 Pilot EX-L's out there that every dealer has one on the lot. That quote was the first quote from the dealer and there was no haggling involved. All of the other internet quotes were at least $1,000 higher. Some dealers have 50+ on the lot. We also looked at the Pathfinder, but most dealers only had one or two of those, so we weren't able to find the one we were looking for in that car.
    That was the price that was given to us with no mention of trade-in. That was the first quote we got using the Costco site. And yes, we did a lot of research and I was even surprised by the price.
  • mikevpmikevp Member Posts: 10
    What dealer? I am in OC as well and looking for the same thing... Thanks
  • TblueBellsTblueBells Member Posts: 3
    Penske Honda in Ontario. I also got a lower price from Spreen Honda in Loma Linda. It is a bit of a drive but you paid thousands less. I was going to purchase a 2009 EXL AWD for 32,500 OTD but I got laid off. I guess my car will have to wait. For the Touring AWD they wanted 35,400 OTD which was the BEST price I've found. Hope that helps.
  • jwallsjwalls Member Posts: 30
    I got the 4wd touring without RES for 35,023.00 plus tax license. Also had them install the lighted running boards for a total of 35,900.00. This was a month ago.

Jim
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Be careful when go over speed bumps and something like that, may scratch the running board as the ground clearance on Ody isn't as high as SUV.
  • drewindrewin Member Posts: 2
    I just got a 2009 Pilot LX 4wd for 25,102+399 in fees or 25,501. This is before tax here in Colorado which is 6.7%. For 27,000 out the door minus my trade, I believe I got a pretty good deal. I think the local dealerships are hurting since I got this vehicle below invoice with having the dealership pass along the whole 1500 incentive.

I considered a EX model but didn't think the upgrades were worth another 2-3000. Anybody out there get a similar price on a LX 4wd model?
  • NEPatriotNEPatriot Member Posts: 2
    I received a quote in Minnesota of $32,782 (includes dealer cash) for a 2009 Pilot Touring w/RES before taxes and fees. Good price? Lighted running boards are expensive. Received quotes of $900 and $1000 installed.
    The special lease offer at Honda site has LX AWD with MSRP 29,965
    net cap cost (same as sale price) : $24,595

http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx?ModelName=Pilot
    MSRP $29,965.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $24,594.84.....
  • 247HappyHour247HappyHour Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased (1/23) an 09 EX-L w/ RES in Formal Black for 31,001. I had a trade, which they gave me $500 over KBB for. They also beat Capital One Auto Finance interest rates by 0.56%. Total OTD of $32,888, and that wasn't taking from dealer stock - they had to go purchase from another dealer to get Formal Black. I'm happy, especially with an 04 SUV trade-in that the market's not very fond of right now.
  • lithnightslithnights Member Posts: 25
    Thanks integradriver on my earlier question.

Two more quick questions.
    1. From the pics I see, the 09 does not seem to have a spoiler, correct? Is there an aftermarket spoiler one can get it or not? I like the look of the spoiler on the 08s so I'm wondering why they went away from that look.

2. At what point would be the best time to go and try to get a deal for an 09? e.g. Now or over the summer or later than that? I assume that has to do with when do the 2010s start selling? I think the 09s went on sale around June 2008, right? I am leaning toward getting a 2009 right around the July timeframe but didn't want to wait too long and risk not being able to get exactly what I want. The reason I ask is that trying to find an 08 Pilot now (autotrader, cars.com etc.) is near impossible. There's very few out there and I don't want to run into the same thing looking for an 09.

Again, I'm a first time new car buyer so sorry if number 2 is a dumb question.

Thanks all!
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Do you mean EXL RES 4WD? The reason I ask is because the only way to get a Touring with DVD is with Navi as well.

Other wise, the Touring Navi RES has an ivoice of $37071.00 and an MSRP of $40665.00. That would mean you have an offer far better then anyone in the country. However, if the offer is for the EXL RES 4WD I know of two dealers who are closer to $31800.00

:)
  • lithnightslithnights Member Posts: 25
    GrooveHolmes,
    I am curious about the Costco program. Do they simply ask for a number or ask to see the actual card? I am not a member but my parents are and I'm wondering if I can use their number.

If not, it's probably just worth it to join Costco for $80 or so for the year in order to save hundreds if not more on buying a Pilot. Agree?

Thanks!
  • samadam12samadam12 Member Posts: 1
    Can you give dealer's name and location
    They ask for a costco number and address, but I'm not sure if they validate them. costcoauto.com is the site. If they do validate them, it is worth $80, although I'm not sure you will always get as good a quote as we did.
    On the spoiler, lithnights, I can't answer. Wasn't an item we were interested in so never looked into availabilty.

Hard to pin down when the best deal would be, incentives can always get better...or worse. Since those tend to run on a monthly basis, you never can tell. If indeed the 2009 came out around June/July, you'd be really hard pressed to find a leftover by now. Even before the new models come out, dealers are going to cut back on what 2009s they order so getting 'exactly what you want' may prove problematic. Even now, the supply of LX and EX with no Leather in my area appears to be rather limited, so it's really a trade off on getting a potentially better price but not getting what you want (or only having vehicles with too many options to choose from.) By the end of the 2009 model run, you may also encounter vehicles that have been used for lots of test drives and/or had goofy dealer stuff installed that you're not specifically interested in.

On the Costco issue, I would think that if it came down to it, a dealer would give you the price.
  • ch08ch08 Member Posts: 1
    I got the price for new Honda accord 2009 LX-P model for 22,200 dollars Out the door price(includes destination fee, tax,flash guards& new number plates). Can any one of you folks what would be the best price for this vehicle.

Waiting for your response....... :)
  • 247HappyHour247HappyHour Member Posts: 3
    Honda World in Conway, AR
  • NEPatriotNEPatriot Member Posts: 2
    Sorry my mistake. Meant to say 2009 Honda Pilot 4WD 4dr Touring w/Navi for $32,782.
  • muangsurinmuangsurin Member Posts: 1
    Is anybody have an idea how much is the net price should be for The 2WD Pilot 2009 touring with naviagator.
  • monkey_boymonkey_boy Member Posts: 3
    Finally pulled the trigger and got the Pilot Touring w/ NAV and RES for $34,300 (~$37,500 out the door). This is in NoCal. (SF Bay Area).
    Over three months of research, I finally bought one for $32,800 Drive Out. I know it is a good price and some one will get a better deal on the same model. Yet, I am very satisfied with this purchase. Just use this post as a reference point.
    Because sales tax & fees are different in states and dealers, please post sale price (incl dest) before tax, dealer doc fee and TT&L, so they can use yours as reference.
    That's a good point. It was $30,615 inc. destination. Good luck, everybody!
  • jboogie2323jboogie2323 Member Posts: 8
    Im going to purchase a 4wd 2009 Pilot Touring with nav but im curious what kind of interest rates you guys and gals are getting from either the dealer or outside companies..
    4.89% for 48 months. Through the dealer but they did not use Honda Finance since their rates were higher. USAA had 5.74%.
  • cdolan59cdolan59 Member Posts: 15
    hi all,
    I purchased a nimbus gray with beige leather 4 wheel drive EXL today.

$29,800
    $71 cargo tray
    $295 documentation fee
    $126 registration fees (fancy plates)
    $1493, tax 5%, Massachusetts

OTD $31780
    AAA member
    2008-2009 Automobiles
    60 Months
    4.84%
  • carshopper50carshopper50 Member Posts: 2
    drewin, which Colorado dealership did you end up buying from?
  • drewindrewin Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my 2009 Pilot LX 4WD at Markley Motors in Fort Collins, CO... From comparing several dealerships they gave me a well below invoice price and a fair trade in value.

2009 Pilot LX 4WD
    $25,102 - vehicle
    $399 - Document Fees
    $25,501 - Total Cost before sales tax
  • golicgolic Member Posts: 714
    Getting quotes (no trade involved) bottom so far is $30,800 plus TTL.

Anyone find a lower price in Chicago market?
  • jembatanduajembatandua Member Posts: 3
    Excellent deal, which dealer did you get it from ?

2009 Pilot Touring AWD w/ RES (DVD) MSRP=$40,095 INVOICE=$36,306
  • lahequilahequi Member Posts: 2
    cdolan 59 - can you aplease dvise at what dealership you made the purchase at that price?
  • dtvdtv Member Posts: 8
    $2500 off invoice from Oaklawn, which puts it around $30,100.
  • lake44lake44 Member Posts: 1
    which dealership did you buy from?
    Prime honda west roxbury Mass

u can get same deal at SILKO honda, raynham Mass ..nice dealershp

Cambridge Honda

weymouth honda

I think all dealers will match
    I got it at Grace Honda in San Bruno. I got relatively similar quotes from two other dealers in the Bay Area (Stevens Creek Honda and Serramonte Honda.) But the Internet Sales managers at these other dealerships were not as nice and straight forward as Grace Honda. Plus, their quotes were a little more.

I found most dealers would quote invoice. Then when you mention the factory to dealer incentive, they would revise to invoice minus incentive. (Each one would say "I don't know if there is. Let me check." Uh, you don't know your own incentive programs?)
    Ain't they all play dumb to strip your pocket? That's why a nickname : ST-EALERSHIP
    It's their job to try and make as much money as possible. It's yours to make sure they don't.

On the flip side, when I was doing paperwork on our Pilot, I overheard them get an offer of $15000 on a new Odyssey 'because the news says you have to make any deal...'
    The dealer I went to said his (initial) quote would be good for a car on the lot OR for a color that he'd have to trade for. And said that he would not budge on the price if it would be something he'd have to trade.

I took that as there being wiggle room to negotiate (without much pain) for us to take the one off his lot.

If I worked and pushed harder, I probably could have gotten another color (trade from another dealer) for the price I got, too.

So, I agree. They'll want you to buy from their inventory. But, if they really want to make the sale to help their volume numbers or whatever, they'll do it. Even if it means having to swapping with another dealer.
  • Hoop1234Hoop1234 Member Posts: 18
    Received an extremely poor lease offer from Oaklawn. Lisle and Schaumburg were much more upfront. Oaklawn presented a print out of their offer (to me)....money factor was incorrect...questions such as "why are you asking about sales price..your leasing right"?..."Marketing support"? well, 3 offers and 40 minutes later....I left and went to the mall...total game players.
  • chicagojoechicagojoe Member Posts: 14
    I looked at all the Chicago area dealers. By far the best that I worked with was Honda of Joliet. Depending on where you live - it can be a hike to get there - but once you have the vehicle you can service it anywhere. I got lucky and got the best guy in their internet sales department. I got a price 1,000 under the invoice and the 1,500 on top of that - total ended up 2,500 under invoice on an AWD Touring no RES.
  • golicgolic Member Posts: 714
    I did the deal last night at Motor Werks in Barrington. If you want the salesman name shoot me an email.

Price was $30,900 plus TTL and they threw in all season floor mats.

I am sure you can find another $200 - $300 less than this price BUT I worked out the deal with only 2 emails and 2 phone calls. They faxed me the credit application and I made an appointment to come in last night.

When I got there, they were ready for me, we shook hands, reviewed the numbers, showed me the car (already prepped) and then took me right into F&I. I was there for 35 minutes.

There was no B/S, no upsells, no surprises...they did everything they said they were going to do. If you are looking for that type of experience give them a call.
  • nnylfannylfa Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a EX-L AWD with the rear entertainment system for $31,062 today including destination but excluding TTL. MSRP was $37,465.

We almost bought the EXL FWD with the RES for $29,638 but changed our minds after this week's storm.

We were originally looking for an Accord and the dealership had the lowest priced Hondas in our area. We bought a fully loaded Accord 8 years ago for $23,400 and now in 2009 the price is about $23,300 for another fully loaded (without navi though) Accord. Amazing.
  • petrolheadpetrolhead Member Posts: 2
    How realistic is it to offer below invoice price when I go into the dealer in Northern New Jersey?
    I intend to buy a Pilot EX-L within the next 3 weeks. I am also wondering how dealer incentives will change in Feb so any information anyone has would be great.
    i got a EXL 29,800 , in Mass.,with destination, everything else seperate,
  • sp2000sp2000 Member Posts: 19
    Lets see what kind of incentives they offer this month!!!
    Read the Full report