Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hoop1234Hoop1234 Member Posts: 18
    If you can't get the 09 AWD EX-L for less than $28,000 not including TTL, then move on. There will be large incentives for the sales reps to move these vehicles within the next 60 days. Is 2010 the last year for the Pilot and Suby Tribeca?
  • carsalesman2carsalesman2 Member Posts: 22
    50 Pilots for Performance is not a lot. And its never gonna be $25,000. Sorry.
  • nate25nate25 Member Posts: 11
    Caresalesman2,

If you would check the link they don't have 50... Performance has 77. Just curious but what do you call a lot when the 2010s are out and you still have 77 2009 Pilots left and you only move a couple a month...? Do they need to have 200 Pilots on the lot to get your attention?

I don't understand why people on here slam the guys giving out solid information... Like telling Kellysim to get a life. That is hiliarous. People on this site are looking for that type of info that Kellysim provides. Anyone calling him out is either a dealer or has some serious life issues if they are looking for a car and refuse to listen to information like that. You guys are the ones that need to get a life.

The bottom line is... the longer you wait the better deal you are going to get. Simple as that, the deal is not going to get worse. Especially with the price of oil going up.
  • carbcarb Member Posts: 14
    What do you think caresalesman2 does for a living? duh? Of course he is gonna say that inventory is slim and that you should go out and buy right away. I remember last year around September during the Honda Clearance Event, they were discounting the 08 Pilots by $8k-9k off sticker. For those who can wait, I suggest patience!
  • zozahzozah Member Posts: 3
    just bought a Pilot Touring AWD Nav and RES for 32071.00 + 299 Doc fees + TAX
    Got it Silver with gray interior, what do you guys think.

They tried to get me on the service contract, but called the next day and cancelled. I'll buy online later.
  • azelizabethazelizabeth Member Posts: 11
    WOW... that is a great deal. If I could get that in AZ I would buy today.

Elizabeth
  • zojirushizojirushi Member Posts: 10
    DITTO! 4WD Touring with NAV & RES for $32K?! Quotes I've recently received from dealers here have been for mid $36K (which doesn't interest me). I'd jump at $32K without hesitation. *Wishing I lived in Boston*
    The best I could find in AZ for a touring with no RES is 35,339... not time to buy quite yet. The sales guy told me the 10's will be here in Sept and if I wait another month there won't be any 09's left.

Amusing.
    Elizabeth
  • eka1eka1 Member Posts: 41
    Listen there pal....Honda is NOT going to give $3-4000 incentives on these Pilots. Did you check out there sales Numbers last month? In a month or 2 the 2009's will be all gone. So first know what you are talking about then talk
  • indigo123indigo123 Member Posts: 3
    Hi

This is better than what i have been quoted in the area ($33450 out of the door), I am in NH so no sales tax. Did you have a trade in? Was it a demo model? Do you mind sharing the dealer name.

Thanks!
    No trade in.
    they started at 33571 then down to 33071 then finally they said if you close the deal today they will do 32071 and that's including destination charge. The car was not a demo only 90 miles.

I got it from Boch honda in Norwood. Not the nicest people but defenetly good price. start with their internet chat and that will start you at 33xxx. be prepared if you go there the pressure is on :-)

If you buy from Mass i don't think you will have to pay taxes if you will register in NH.

Good luck
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    It is really a great deal for 09 Touring w/Res and Navi including destination charge.

Did you take delivery yet?
  • indigo123indigo123 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the update, i tried the same deal today. Darnell at Boch told me that he doesnt know about this deal (as expected) and they are losing $1100 on that deal if it happened. Who was your sales man and whats the color combo you got?
    The sales said if I can give him the VIN No. / Stock No. and they can located and verify the deal whether legitimate.
  • ed111ed111 Member Posts: 22
    That deal sounds like it's at least $1,500 lower than the best pricing seen by others!

How was that possible?
  • j_dubsj_dubs Member Posts: 1
    That is a very good price. I have been shopping for 4-weeks now here in the Chicagoland area and the best price I have received is $33,500 +TTL. I am looking at around $36k OTD.
    zozah

Please post your VIN No. or your transaction number so that I can ask Boch internet sales manager to verify your deal in order to honor same good deal to us...
    apparently there must be a big mistake in this price, please double check and since Boch now said it is impossible they would have given such deal.
  • lowheadlowhead Member Posts: 1
    What is a good price for a 2009 Pilot 4wd LX or EX. Do dealers sell them for invoice or less?
    OK, just picked up my Pilot. Very nice ride Home.
    I spoke to my sales guy, he said if you guys contacted him, he will match the deal.
    His Name is Steve Winnett, number is 781-619-6827 and his cell is 617-320-3767 Tell him you want the same deal as the Silver touring was picked up Saturday at 11. 32071 out the door. They also matched the price for the honda care as Bernardi online. 8yrs 100k for $1135 after they tried to charge me 2200.
    Hopefully i will not lose my access to this site after i posted names and phone numbers. Only trying to help you guys out.

Good luck
    Is your silver Touring with Res and Navi and AWD MSRP $40,665?

How many miles in the Odom. in delivery?

To avoid you post sales name and info that's why I asked VIN# / transaction numer instead.

Checked its inventory re above only beige leather interior available, ext colors are Nimbus Gray, Mocha, and 1 white should with gray int.. No more silver, sterling gray or black
  • shileishilei Member Posts: 11
    Thank you. No need for the vin. l want the contact info. so I can work a good deal. I like Honda and I want to save as much money as I can. Looked at a audi suv and toyota hylander. Thank you all for the info.
  • jbahlman75jbahlman75 Member Posts: 2
    Will there be any incentives for the 2010 or do they wait until the 2009 models are gone? I can't find any dealers in the DC area that have 4WD Touring with Res. I had a quote for 35500, but they could not trade for any and now the dealers are saying 39K for 2010.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    I wouldn't post my VIN number in a forum..

Plus, so what? Either the dealer will give you the same deal, or he won't. Our previous poster may have gotten the deal of the century... Maybe that salesperson needed the deal to hit a bonus... maybe the dealership was trying to achieve a certain volume for a manufacturer spiff, etc, etc, etc..

It sure helps to know how low a price a dealership might sell for... That's no guarantee that you can get it, as well...

Telling the dealership that you want the same deal as some other customer posted on Edmunds is a poor way to negotiate... You've already set the lowest possible price that you can get it for.... The only direction the price can go from there is higher.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• travelguytravelguy Member Posts: 12
    I am looking for a 09 Pilot Touring 4WD in Chicago area.
    So far the best I got was $34,500 plus TTL.
    Where did you get the 33,500 price - I could go for that.
  • malashmalash Member Posts: 5
    That's a great deal. I got multiple email quotes for 4WD EXLw/RES for more than 32K a few weeks ago!!! I was told by the dealer that the $2200 warranty was totally refundable if you don't use it during the duration. Is the $1135 Bernardi warranty totally refundable if you don't need to use it? Is there any benefit of purchasing it now or wait a few months prior to the 3yr or 36k expiration? If something goes wrong in the first year does the Bernardi warranty cover this or does the standard warranty cover it? Just curious since I just purchased a Pilot a few weeks back and did not purchase an extended warranty thinking I can do it prior to the 3yr or 36k running out.
  • cb35cb35 Member Posts: 27
    I believe you can rule out a bonus from the manufacturer since its the first week in June - maybe there is some bizarre dealership only incentive.

More likely - is that a smart salesperson is now generating potential sales leads to call his office. "we can't beat that deal but..............."
  • motichormotichor Member Posts: 32
    "Listen there pal....Honda is NOT going to give $3-4000 incentives on these Pilots. Did you check out there sales Numbers last month? In a month or 2 the 2009's will be all gone. So first know what you are talking about then talk "

Yeah right !!!
    You can dream of 2009s going away in a month or two ... perhaps you meant "year" or two ... I will excuse you for the "typo" mistake.

The sales reps are trying their best to sell these 2009s without any luck. I am talking abt actual figures here. Go and check the inventory of the dealers in the DFW area and maybe your eyes will open up.
    Anybody has purchased a 2010 pilot yet?
    My salesman called me today to tell me that he has them in stock as of today.
    I am going on Monday to buy the same.
  • ssmith2009ssmith2009 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone got a 2009 EX-L FWD with no other options for under $28k? Now that the 2010 are showing up at the dealers, I'm wondering if they're more motivated to get rid of the 2009 models.
    I was quoted 30188 for the EX-L with RES.
    I am assuming that the EX-L without RES should be abt 28000.
    What price r u being quoted?
  • inthistogetherinthistogether Member Posts: 9
    dealers aren't worried right now. let's see them change their tune when the 2010s hit the lots (this week) and the month is coming to an end. July should be the time to deal. Also, there is no way an EX-L w/out nav or res should be more than $29000. The dealers in the philly area all are quoting around $30,500 not including ttr.

the lowest interest rate for 60month i've seen is 5.24%. anyone have a lead on better financing?

thanks,
    m
    I'm working with a salesman and he's not giving me a firm number till I sit down and ready to sign, typical high pressure tactic, but I'm not ready to play his games. I'll be sending out quote requests and just want to see what people are getting.
    This issue for me which doesn't put time on my side is I want a touring.. the best I can get for a touring with RES is 34K. My first choice is a touring w/o RES, but I can't find one in the colors I like. I can't imagine an 09 touring being around on June 30th? Thoughts?
    for 2010 model I think one has to prepare to pay prem. (between MSRP and invocie) and no incentive will kick in that fast.
  • 02odytw02odytw Member Posts: 6
    We bought our pilot touring on May 30 with an interest rate of 4.35% (4.60% advertised rate) through Bank of America. Checked today and the advertised rate is 4.40%.
  • 02odytw02odytw Member Posts: 6
    Our dealer told us intially they would be selling 2010 at MSRP which is a good reason why we bought an 2009 last week.
  • mabbmabb Member Posts: 5
    I am quoted $29,900 for 2009 FWD Pilot EXL with RES (dark cherry color with beige leather interior). This is in North CA.

Try out Penfed.org (Credit Union); they are offering 3.99% for 60 months on new autos. Might be tough to qualify, but worth trying.

I got auto loan approved from Valley Credit Union for 3.49% for 36 months.
    I just checked online with BofA for an Auto loan on a new car.
    I got approved for the following:
    $30,000.00 New 72 months 4.77%
    $30,000.00 New 60 months 4.17%
    This quote is valid for 30 days and it says the following:
    "This rate might not include all additional discounts for which you may be eligible. Additional discounts will be applied to your loan prior to the closing."

Any idea what other discounts I may be eligible for?
  • kellysimkellysim Member Posts: 26
    Expect to pay $500 - $1000 over invoice on a 2010 in about 1-2 months.

Even at $1000 over, the 2010 is a better deal than an '09 at $3000 under. The depreciation on the Pilot is more than $4k/year. Of course if you are going to hold the car for a long time or if you are leasing, the '09 may be a better deal, but $3k under on the '09 is probably not enough given the huge inventory levels (EXL).

To the people who bothered to respond to the saleman who said that the '09 EXLs will be "sold out" in a "month or two" - many car salesmen lie. In the age of the Internet it doesn't make sense to lie, but they do it anyway. Why? The good salesmen are all gone, because there is no longer any money in selling cars. What's left is a largely unprofessional and untrained group. How can you tell? Because they believe that their potential clients are dumb and so they treat their prosects like they are dumb ("The EXLs will be gone in two months!"). This is the reason that the model for selling cars must change.

Be well and good luck to all.
  • shreeankitshreeankit Member Posts: 7
    HI,

Last year at around August, one of the dealer in NC quoted me $28,200 (out of door south carolina) for honda pilot EX-L.

Thanks
    I have a 33K price for a Pilot Touring 2wd with No RES. Does this seem like a good deal? Have you heard of anything better?

AZElizabeth
    I've been considering the new redesigned 2009 pilot and wondering if the transmission issue with Honda has been addressed. It's too new for failure so obviously there's not much complains. I tried to find technical data on the new transmission design and how it relates to the old design, there's not much info. On the old design, heat is the culprit, see NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 04V176000. Honda recalled 600,000 vehicle in 2004 and 1.2 million vehicle a couple years prior. The 2003 pilots are starting to show failures.
  • traderjosetraderjose Member Posts: 3
    Need help!!! Best quote I have gotten for a 2009 Honda Pilot lease is $484 + tax ($515) with first payment and tag down for a EXL RES Nimbus Gray with Beige Interior. I live in South Florida. I got the quote from a dealer in central florida. Is this good?

Thanks.
  • mabbmabb Member Posts: 5
    Today I bought 2009 Pilot 4WD EXL with DVD (RES), dark cherry exterior / beige leather interior from Concord Honda (CA). Paid $30,990 for it.

Very good experience @ the concord dealership; would like to recommend them in northern california region.
  • victor214victor214 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know of a good dealership in New Jersey that would work with pricing on the 2009 Honda Pilots? I am looking to buy a 4WD EXL with or without RES.
    I am trying to get an out the door figure. Seems that all the dealerships that I have contacted don't want to give much figures. one gave me this deal (EXL $30,318.76, and on the EXL with RES is 31,764.58 They all want me to come into the dealership and waste my time.
    Should I wait til July to buy? Looking for the best deal possible.

thank you....
  • donovan846donovan846 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Victor,

I too am in NJ and looking for an EXL with no RES. Would you mind telling me what dealer quoted you the $30,318.76? I haven't ventured into a dealer yet but the quotes I've been getting are in the range of $30,600 to $31,700. One dealer quoted me $29,700 but when I went in, insisted that I also had to purchase a "Millenium Package" for an additional $600 for me to get that price. I didn't appreciate the gimmick, so I left. The $30,300 is at least a better starting point than anything I've gotten, so I would appreciate the information. I will also keep you posted if I see any decent quotes in our area.
  • victor214victor214 Member Posts: 5
    The dealer that quoted me that was the Route 22 Honda in Hillside.
    Def keep me posted if you find any other quotes that look good.
    Do you think going together to a dealership might get us a lower price? Hey they could knock out 2 sales!
  • mike1112mike1112 Member Posts: 9
    $29,990 including fees and TTL or base price?
  • meerutmeerut Member Posts: 3
    I have an offer from a dealer for 2010 2 WD touring with RES $34,443 . I have to pay my own Tax title and license etc. Is it a good deal knowing no 2009 tourings to be found easily.
  • jbahlman75jbahlman75 Member Posts: 2
    Where are you located? What dealer gave you this quote. I was given a quote for 39k for 4wd Touring with RES.