Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pauliscpaulisc Member Posts: 3
    Looking for a 2010 Touring 4WD as well.

Do you mind posting your location and the dealer?

-much appreciated!
  • golferman1golferman1 Member Posts: 7
    I just purchased a 2010 EXL in northern Illinois for $31,615...$1200 below invoice. This price included invoice.
  • acronymacronym Member Posts: 8
    Dealership name or area if you don't wish to be specific in northern Illinois greatly appreciated.
    Dealer is in Libertyville, IL. I meant to say including destination in previous message.
    I was also curious if you financed through them and/or had a trade-in? Do you think the end of the month had an effect on pricing or was there something else at play here?
    I negotiated with several dealerships in the area via e-mail and when I got one down to invoice I took that to my preferred dealership to beat...they did and then some. I also had outside financing ready to go, but I got them to beat that rate by .5% as well...most people don't know that your interest rate is negotiable too. I don't think the end of the month had anything to do with it. I really believe they just didn't want my business to go to another dealership.
    It's all very useful information. What pricing I receive then likely will depend on what your finance rate and amount actually was. If it was around 5-6% or with a trade-in or both then they got something more there and I will pay more if I just go in with cash or ready to go lower financing than they will offer or with no trade-in. There's only one way to find out I suppose.
    I got 4.29% through Honda Financial and financed $21k. I had no trade in, but put put a decent amount of cash down.
  • marc97marc97 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

Recently received a quote for 36,500 for a Black 2010 Touring 4WD (no DVD) in Westchester. Price includes destination. Dealer claims that other fees will be tax and dmv (no documentation fee). Also have an offer for 3.9% financing for 60 months. What do you guys think? Can I do much better? Willing to travel to CT, NJ (though I here documentation fees can be steep in NJ), upstate NY. Also, thinking about getting running boards -- any room to negotiate with accessories?

Thanks,
    M
  • rag6rag6 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I am in the market for 2010 Honda FWD Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment, What would be good price (before TTL) to buy a vehicle in Memphis TN area. Highly appreciate your inputs.
    It's an excellent deal then. It's about an hours drive for me. I doubt the telephone will get it done. I do think you being a local plays into the pricing a little. As you referred to them previously as your preferred dealership.
  • zixy_triszixy_tris Member Posts: 8
    I got the same car for $35 + 4% financing. Most dealer will dor $300 over invoice on 2010 models with costco program. But it you go with intent to buy they will take off extra 500 easily
  • smiller4smiller4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am in the Westchester area and looking for the same deal. Any chance of sharing the name or location of the dealer. Thank you so much,.
  • ggombosggombos Member Posts: 18
    Did $35K include destination & processing fee? One dealer quoted me $500 below invoice but was charging a $399 processing fee. Seems like they try and make up for it somewhere.
  • AXM23AXM23 Member Posts: 64
    That really is a great price. Was it a demo? Did it have a few thousand miles?

I can't get dealers here in NJ to go below $33,000 on a 2010 EXL.
  • carturocarturo Member Posts: 3
    Is that $33,000 for a FWD for 4WD?
    4WD
    It was not a demo...it had 12 miles on it when I drove off the lot. Invoice on a 2010 4WD EXL is 32,815 including destination. There is a holdback for the dealer so you should have no problem getting under $33k. I had three dealers in norhtern Illinois all down to invoice. I found the best way to negotiate was to request an internet quote through e-mail and go from there. That way you have the offer in writing and take it to different dealers.
  • jwagonjwagon Member Posts: 3
    I have been offered a 2009 Touring w/Res for $39,700 OTD. Is this a good deal? I was thinking it should be lower. They have about 8 2009s sitting on their lot and nothing has moved for a few months now. I think they should be getting desperate to move them.
  • edm111edm111 Member Posts: 11
    I just purchased a 2010 EXL in northern Illinois for $31,615...$1200 below invoice. This price included invoice.

Hi is this a 4WD or 2WD?
    offered me 32,900 including destination & Doc fees except TTL for 2010 Honda Pilot EXL 4WD. I asked for 31,900, they did not accept. Any one in NJ/NY got a better price than this?
    4WD
  • ante71ante71 Member Posts: 7
    After 3 months of being stressful visiting some dealerships and requesting quotes online, I've finally got a best price of $31,300 + tax, tag and fees. Not only that, I was able to lower it down to $31,000 with OTD price of $34,277 then the available colors are Black,Polished Metal and Mocha Metallic. I was about to choose the Polished Metal but then I tried to ask If there's a possibility that a Dark Cherry Red Pearl with Black interior would be available and he said "let me check on that". After checking and showing it to me through his laptop, he said he couldn't find any dealership that carry this color combination throughout Georgia and Florida at this time then told me he has found one with this combo but only in EX-L w/out RES. He suggested that If I really wanted this color, they could install a DVD system in this EX-L and I'm gonna get less $600 from the price since it is originally an EXL. I asked if the warranty will still be the same and if the dvd would be connected to the sound system, he said yes. Since I really wanted this color combination, I decided to get it. So the OTD price went down to $33,677. Do you think guys I did the right decision? Do you think It's still a great deal?

By the way, I was dealing directly to the Owner of this Honda dealer. He was really understanding, helpful and approachable. I've been in 3 Honda dealerships before and I would say he was different. He never forced or asked me for a deposit, trade in, financing or anything. We only talked about the car, the OTD price and that was it, we were done. He would only give you some options and suggestions then he will let you decide on your own. Just like what I've read from all the positive testimonials about him in the internet (which at first I really doubted it because of all my experiences from other dealerships) I would say they were all right. Lowest price, no hidden add-on charges after the price was quoted and he was honest and straightforward.

Anyway my only worry is the decision that I made about the EX-L. What do you think guys. Do you know if there's a big difference between the EXL w/o RES and w/ RES besides the RES of course. Please tell me. Thanks. :confuse:
    Can you please post the dealer name and contact person and phone# so that the other people will benefit too. Is this a 4WD or 2WD?
    Also what is the price before TAX and Title.
  • craigmoorcraigmoor Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have an out the door price in Hartford, CT area? 2009 or 2010
  • sajnmsajnm Member Posts: 2
    I also live in Northern IL. I am looking at the Pilot, could you tell me which car dealer you went to. I have been to Highland Park and Gurnee. I was looking for a Touring in white, I have never bought a new car and would love any comments you can share.
    Am I reading correctly? You were offered a 2010 EXL RES 4WD with no demo miles or damage for $31,000 before tax, tags, and fees?

If so, what is your tax rate and fees that brought the out the door price to $34,277?

Please also advise if your dealer is willing to sell more at this price.
    I got online quotes from Gurnee, Highland Park, and Libertyville. Libertyville ended up giving me the lowest price and had the nicest people.
    He answered this on Sep 27 so you can look back at both the question and the answer.
  • twin22twin22 Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to buy a honda pilot 2010 EX and wanted to know if anyone recommends a good dealer with fair prices. thanks
  • kingfans1kingfans1 Member Posts: 137
    hi i am looking to buy a 2010 pilot 4wd. i don't know if i should get ex or ex-l.. i don't mind spending a few thousands. any ex-l owner happy with their purchased?
  • hondapilotexlhondapilotexl Member Posts: 10
    After researching for a month I bought 2010 Pilot EXL 2WD for $32,700 OTD
    I am in North FL, anyone got better price?
    What should a 2009 4wd touring with RES be going for? It has pretty much every option on it and some dealer added stuff that might be worth $500-$600. I am in Hawaii and I think they are having trouble selling last years inventory so I thought I might get a good deal on one. The sticker is $43k and change and they offered it to me for $37,760, OTD for about $39,700. From the numbers I am seeing on this forum that still seems high to me.
  • marc97marc97 Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    Just an update on my Pilot hunt. I ended up buying the 2010 Touring 4WD (no DVD) in Westchester for 36400 (includes destination). I believe I could have negotiated the price down a couple hundred more or perhaps had some accessories thrown in, but we were in a time crunch and I couldn't afford for negotations to go into another weekend as we have been renting a car and another rental would have cost $200 / week. I did notice that many area dealers did not have the touring and/or the colors we wanted in stock. I also tried the Costco program, but the dealer through the program could not get me a car until end of October. By that time I would have spent ~600 on a rental. At least I beat the average price on the true car website. And I love the Pilot. Good luck!
  • sajnmsajnm Member Posts: 2
    What has anyone paid for a 2010 honda pilot? Sticker is 40,955, what should the bottom line be? This car also includes dvd and nav. Thank you
    Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Touring 4WD No RES for $36K including dest and only excluding tax,tags, title. Like marc97 I think we could have gotten better deal if we waited as stock right now (on touring at least) appears to be somewhat limited and we wanted a specific color combo - polished metal w/black int. Anyway we also added the Honda LED running boards, new front grille, and cross bars (all not included in the $36K price) and I think it turned out pretty good. Thanks to all for the info on this forum and best of luck to all searching!
  • twin22twin22 Member Posts: 8
    you got a good deal what dealer in north florida did you buy?
    thanks
  • tutttutt Member Posts: 11
    That is a good deal to me. What is the tax in your area. Is there any dealer added accessories in this car. I can not make a deal in Dallas area for 2010 EXL w/o DVD around 33300 because dealer always added some useless accessories to make the final OTD price around 34000. The tax in Dallas is 6.25%. Thanks for your reply.
    Lucas Honda of Jacksonville, FL and K e n t is the sales guy.
    Best price around
    My tax rate is 6% statewide in FL and 1% county tax on first $5000. Only couple of things included, wheel locks and cargo tray. This pilot also has sticker liner on the doors (not sure exactly what it's called) included. Some dealers will charge you extra for that.
  • sweetrivrbanessweetrivrbanes Member Posts: 4
    I paid a "fair" price, but it was the color scheme I wanted (black leather with polished metal). I paid 35,900, out the door for 37,000 even. Same car; 2010 touring with RES. This was in Tallahassee, Florida.
    What's included in the difference between paid price and OTD price? $1100 for tax, tags, and title doesn't sound quite right.
  • fib77fib77 Member Posts: 10
    I am also in the DC area. Please let me know the dealership/Sales persons name. thx
  • genocistgenocist Member Posts: 2
    EX-L honda pilot
    2wd
    OTD price for MD

Is that good or bad?
    Is it 2010? Any miles on it?

If it is and not more than 50 miles, then you got a good deal.
    How much is the price of the Car? Did you use their Financing (honda)? If you did, how many % did they give you?

Thanks.
    Paid cash and price is $29,539
  • mms5mms5 Member Posts: 19
    I am wanting the EXL 2WD too and 32,000 out the door sounds like a great deal. Can you say what dealership you went through? The lowest quote I have so far is 31,178 plus tax, tags, and title.

It seems like all the inventory around here is 4WD.

Does anyone know what incentives are coming up if any? When 2011 Pilots will come out?

Thanks!
    Thanks for your reply. Wow, paid it in cash, Is that why they gave you a lower price?
  • lufacalufaca Member Posts: 31
    I just happened to disagree with that because you first negotiate the price of the vehilce and then you decide where to finance the car. To proof you this, go to the dealership with a pre-approved loan fro your bank of choice that way it would be the same as if you had paid cash for the car. The result in the eyes of the dealership is the same: one less car in the parking lot.

My advice: Negotiate first the bottom line price of the car, once you are happy , introduce your trade-in, financing options and other things.
    Good luck
    BTW I got my honda in March 2009 and the price was about 26K + Tx and LIC ( CA) for the EX model.