Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• finleydogfinleydog Member Posts: 13
    so far the deals going thru Costco and USAA haven't been that great, $33,376 which includes destination. Thats $2,000 above recent deals on here. Definitely some haggeling that needs to take place.
  • cardeals123cardeals123 Member Posts: 5
    to zeh3406: where did you get this quote ? I got quoted on an ex 2wd out the door price 31968 includes tax destination everything.

can anyone tell me if that seems like a good deal on a honda pilot EX 2WD
    please confirm the actual vehicle EX 2WD. I would say that you shouldn't pay more then $28,000 plus tax and tags. I would even go lower.
    Actually I got a quote for lesser at 31760 on a honda pilot ex... this price included tax,title,destination fee and all standard fees. If anyone needs a referral please contact me =)
    was this vehicle 4wd?
  • imanusaimanusa Member Posts: 2
    Was this 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive? In any case looks like a dealer I would like to talk to. Please send me referral. Thanks
  • acesteracester Member Posts: 8
    Any suggestions on extended warranty companies for a new Honda.
  • kimmyhkimmyh Member Posts: 1
    Got a OTD price for Pilot 2011 EX 2WD Mocha of $31,000 from Fort Worth dealer, including destination, tax (6.25%), tin windows, floor mat, pin stripped. Add $558 for black side step
    Is it a good deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi are you in Houston this dealership was in Houston I will be happy to send a referral I did my research until my hair turned white. And they are absolutely the best and EASIEST ones to deal with. We emailed the negotiations, and when we got this price my husband came in and just did the paperwork. I went through possibly all HONDA dealers here and even considered out of state if the price was right. I cant send you his name but can you email me ? So that I can give you all the info? I cannot tell you how happy I was with this person who helped. I walked out with the price negotiated. No other stings attached oh and Limited lifetime warranty. I have learnt it does matter which sales rep you speak with. I cant give his name on the forum but can you email me I can send you his email and contact. Got the car yesterday and LOVE IT!
    Are dealer hold back % the same across the board for a makes or due they vary. What is the dealer hold back for the Pilot. I read 3% but consumer reports shows a 2%. Can anyone clarify. Thanks
  • pkrzrlpkrzrl Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I'm having a difficult time finding one in Dark Cherry at a dealership that will match Sams club pricing. Found a dealership nearby that will sell it to me for $37357 (+$125 doc fee & TTL). Owner of the dealership has been driving it, has 600 miles on it. They'll also match the price on the polished metal with no miles on it. I really prefer the Dark Cherry - they'll add 6 mo./6000 mile warranty. I'm trying to get them to throw in side steps for that price ($531.23 installed). Should I be worried about the 600 miles someone else has put on it???
  • toyhontoyhon Member Posts: 1
    From Schaller Honda New Britain CT:

Internet price 36461 + 329 Dealer conveyance fee + 6% sales tax +Reg. Title fees.

OTD price of $39,165.

No extras.
  • ingot1971ingot1971 Member Posts: 4
    $36995 +TTL
    2011 4WD Touring Edition
    5000 miles (Sales Manager Demo)

Sound fair?
  • lwilson429lwilson429 Member Posts: 3
    I think you should be able to do better. I emailed a dealer several months ago just to inquire about the interior color of a 2011 4WD Touring Edition Pilot and they responded with an offer of $36,600 (brand new.)

Good Luck!!
  • basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

I'm looking for a 2011 Pilot 4WD EX-L. So far the best deal I've found was from AMEX Auto buy program for $500 below invoice at David Hobbs Honda, but I've read here that some have been getting as much as $1,500 below invoice.

Anyone out there in the Milwaukee/Chicago/Madison area that can recommend a dealer for excellent Pilot pricing?
  • tigerslsutigerslsu Member Posts: 1
    I live in south Louisiana. Have a quote for $31,674 for the EX-L without navi and $33,481 for navi.

Do these sound like fair quotes?

Do you think the navi/bluetooth is worth the extra $1,800?

Thanks.
  • imanusaimanusa Member Posts: 2
    Cardeals123: Thanks for replying to my post. I am new to this board and don't how to email you directly.
    I live in the northwest Houston /CyFair area but am willing to go all the way to Clear Lake for a good deal and dealers who are reasonable to deal with. We have looked at just one dealership so far that's off US290 but have not done any serious negotiations yet - still researching before I start any real negotiation. You can't really negotiate until you what your bottom line is.
    Your help in this is highly appreciated.
  • blopez08blopez08 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Cardeals123,

Would you please send me your referral info along with the model and price you negotiated to?

I'm not sure how to send you a private message with my email address.

Thank you!
    To blopez08:
    Sorry I am new to this forum too. But you can email me at couponcrazyme@gmail.com (my coupon collecting email addy) And I will be sure to watch out for your email and send you all his details. I am not permitted to the sales rep's name according to the rules I see above writing this post. This sales guy was the best and I dealt with so many. I do think I got a great deal.I am happy to pass on any business to him as I was THAT happy. So you can feel free to email me. If you are in the Houston area I hope it helps. Thanks.
    Sorry I am new to this forum too. But you can email me at couponcrazymegmail.com (my coupon collecting email addy) And I will be sure to watch out for your email and send you all his details. I am not permitted to the sales rep's name according to the rules I see above writing this post. This sales guy was the best and I dealt with so many. I do think I got a great deal.I am happy to pass on any business to him as I was THAT happy. So you can feel free to email me. If you are in the Houston area I hope it helps. Thanks.

P.S If anyone else sees this post and needs a referral you can email me. Hope to help some people save some money!! Thanks
  • suvlooking1suvlooking1 Member Posts: 2
    Was this a 2wd or 4wd. I am in Cincinnati and just got a quote for a EXL with Navigaion 4wd for $35,252. Doesn't sound like a good quotel to me. The quote for an EXL 4wd without Navi was $33,422. Any ideas on how to get a better deal let me know. I went through Sam's club
  • kingfans1kingfans1 Member Posts: 137
    I paid $34,643 plus tax, fee for the 2010 pilot ex-l 4wd in november 2009. plus extended warranty... $2000.. I don't know if i overpaid...
  • guugosguugos Member Posts: 10
    I have a deal at 37,200 for 4WD Touring with running boards.
  • pilotseeker1pilotseeker1 Member Posts: 6
    I recently purchased a 2011 4WD EXL without Resi or Navi in central IL for $31920. which included the destination fee. Sales tax, title, and documentary fee were extra.OTD was 34315
  • guugosguugos Member Posts: 10
    No doubt, Brilliance Honda in Crystal Lake. I just picked up my 2011 Pilot 4WD Touring this morning. Best price and sales service i have experienced these last 2 weeks trying to find a good deal.
  • kingfans1kingfans1 Member Posts: 137
    that is a great deal. I paid $34,643 plus, fee, tax for 2010 pilot ex-l 4wd.
    $2000 for extended warranty. $165 for theft program. $185 for bra.. ( all of them I didn't need it )...

I am sure i didn't get a good deal...

oh well it is too late now.. the only ways i can save money in the future is do the oil change and fluid, etc somewhere else...
  • amymitamymit Member Posts: 2
    I am super interested in talking to you! I am in the Houston area and I am going to look for my new Pilot tomorrow. I am interested in knowing who you dealt with and where. I am pretty sure of the Dealership based on the lifetime warranty offered. I sent an email to you, but I am not sure if it was correct as there is no @ in the address!!
  • bretambretam Member Posts: 12
    Goodson Honda West Houston is where I bought my car. I bought the exact Honda you are looking at OTD (out the door) with wheel locks, cargo tray, tinted windows, door guards etc. for $35,400. Apparently they put this extra stuff on at the dealership and then try to get you to pay a bunch extra. My goal was to get OTD at $35,000. The economy is tough right now and it is a buyers market. If you can hold out till the end of the month you can probably do better. We are very happy with our Honda. It is a nice vehicle that should last for years. If you want to drop a direct e-mail to r.cardner@att.net I'll let you know who sold me my Honda. The sales process was relatively painless but the sales guy had to try the back and forth stuff a few times. Always keep it civil and let them know you are a serious buyer and be ready to walk if you have to. They don't want you walking out that's for sure. Hope this helps...Good Luck!
  • amymitamymit Member Posts: 2
    Hello there...I went into today and left with nothing. I have been dealing with someone at Goodson North. They are offering me an EX-L for about 30,999 plus TTL...I got a quote through USAA for less than that at Goodson West so I am thinking about going there in the morning. I am just ready for this to be done and get into something new!!! It has been way too long! I will let you know the outcome!
  • rdysonrdyson Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase in Houston. I have been looking for almost 2 months. Can you send me your email? Would like to hear who you went with...
  • basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    what dealership?
  • zeh3406zeh3406 Member Posts: 4
    Just wanted to let y'all know that I got a 2011 EX-L with RES for 32,550 + TTL at Sterling McCall Honda in Kingwood. They were excellent to deal with and would recommend them to anyone!
    what was your OTD?
    Roughly $34,500. I don't have the paperwork in front of me.
    is that vehicle 4WD?
    No it is not.
  • pilotdawgpilotdawg Member Posts: 2
    This site was helpful for me while researching price, so I'm contributing back!

2011 2WD EX-L w/ RES, purchased over the weekend in Atlanta metro. $31,546 + $780 destination + $587 doc fee + Taxes + Title. Added in roof cross bars, towing kit/hitch ball, cargo net, and towing wire harness installed. OTD was just under $36k.

8yr/100k HondaCare extended warranty for $1,290. I told the dealer I didn't want any BS on the warranty cost, and he came out straight away with $1,290. Could have got it about $100 less online, but I appreciated their honest offer and took it.
  • zxedzxed Member Posts: 18
    Any one pick one of these up in CA? what did you pay?
    I cant seem to find another dealer that will do $500 below invoice... Riverside Honda is the only one willing to play
  • lennygmanlennygman Member Posts: 5
    I am getting great quotes in NJ but the issue is that Touring inventory for whatever reason is VERY low right now. Can't figure out what is going on. Most dealers in NJ do not have touring in stock. I am guessing it is supply/demand thing and the variable at play is supply (not demand). Dealers were not ordering top line Touring as they did not expect much demand in the summer so only now they tell me they putting in orders. Most are expecting to get them by Nov where SUVs are typically go up in price.

A great price for Touring 4WD is between 36100 and 36600 Including Destination. I got 4 quotes. Only issue they don't have the colors I want or cars still in transit.
  • zxedzxed Member Posts: 18
    Honda actually went with the way economy was moving and reduced and even halted some production. the past few weeks.... in CA they have increased delivery of new models and have increased production.

The above info is from an inside source, not sales.

here is what i have as far as #'s
    Dealer cost 36577
    Holdback 808
    Regional Ad fee 404
    Dest fee 780
    total dealer cost 36953

Some would argue that dealer cost is not true cost., It would be great if I could get it for 36100, black on black... but that might not happen :)
  • sibykp4sibykp4 Member Posts: 2
    what is the best OTD price for this model in nj area 07052 ,Help,thanks
  • sibykp4sibykp4 Member Posts: 2
    what is the best OTD price for this model in nj area 07052 ,Help,thanks-( 2011 model)
  • superman12superman12 Member Posts: 22
    The best way to get deal from goodson honda is get a internet price from all dealer, show the printout, they beat the deal 100%..this is my experience...pls pass email id if interested..i can send more info
  • lennygmanlennygman Member Posts: 5
    Yeah but you not accounting for kickback based on volume sales. that cold be upto 3% of MSRP I hear. And I am sure there are other things going on that we will never know about. Even the sales guys don't know. Only the showroom manager has true cost.
  • esemesem Member Posts: 11
    Got 2 quotes from dealers in So. Cal for a 2011 Pilot EX-L

1. Costco - $31881 + Dest + Taxes + Registration
    2. AMEX - $31614 + Dest + Taxes + Registration

Based on other deals some have claimed on this message board in So. California these don't seem that great. But according to "TrueCar Price Rating" they both would be great deals.

Waiting to hear back from what the AAA recommended dealer will quote. Not expecting anything far from what I've already received.
  • patellapatella Member Posts: 4
    Just closed the deal on the 2011 4wd pilot EXL with navi and here is the details

33,800 (includes destination) + TTL

thanks for all the other posts who helped me close this deal!
    The Dealership is Bianchi Honda in Erie PA and dealt with the sales manager directly. They are a great dealership with great people. If you are looking for the deal tell them anish sent you.
    you can email me with any questions
    anishpatelpa@hotmail.com

good luck
    Anish :)
  • npmommynpmommy Member Posts: 3
    Just got back from purchasing a 2011 EX-L but with no navi or DVD. We have a child, but we don't ever even purchase DVD's anymore...heck, Blockbuster is about to go bust. We have a 200.00 Itouch and can download and rent any movie from the app store. Great screen, portable, etc. The DVD on the Pilot seems kind of rinky dink...very small screen or do they have a bigger screen than the one on the demo at the dealership ?

We figured we will just purchase a navigation system for <300.00 and can use it in any of our vehicles. Has anyone else opted to do this?
  • suvlooking1suvlooking1 Member Posts: 2
    was this a 2wd or 4wd?
  • esemesem Member Posts: 11
    I will be :-)

Talked to a friend of mine who has 2 kids about how much he uses his DVD on his SUV. Guess what... He said when they first got it in 2005 the kids used it but now they mostly stick with their IPhone & ITouch.

Heck even a IPad (couple of them) would be a cheaper alternative to the factory installed entertainment system.