Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• e120711e120711 Member Posts: 4
    2011 EX-L 4WD BASIC (NO NAV, NO RES, nothing extra, so just basic model) 31,890 no trade involved.

Fellow consumer, remember lease/financing is your personal business with Honda Financial Services not a factor to be considered by dealer in negotiation of the final price. So negotiate as you would pay cash, and only THEN explore financing options. Although do not forget to add fees associated with purchases/financing (see below)

I PERSONALLY was considering two options
    December Option 1. 1.9% for 60 months
    December Option 2. Lease (12k, 36months, RV-57%, MF-0.00139%)

Things to remember: documentation fee: varies but usually in range of 99-270 in midwest; acquisition fee 595 (Honda financial set fee)

Personal Experience: Nebraska and Iowa dealers are looking for "that one gold sale" which will bring a lots of cash, so no luck on negotiation a good deal here. Try more populated areas like MO and KS.

Good luck to everyone, Pilot is a great car!
  • cosmic_duckcosmic_duck Member Posts: 1
    I have learned quite a bit watching this forum, so I thought I'd add my own experiences to the mix. I just drove home, 80 miles, in a new 2011 4wd Pilot touring. Got a 3 year lease with 5k down, for 36 months and 12k per year. Monthly payments are $423.

Here is what I did. I researched the heck out of all models and trims and test drove everything I thought I could possibly like (and afford). Then I used the web , including Edmunds and other sites to send out requests for offers. I also called lease brokers and a guy who will not permit me to mention his name, who always finds things falling off trucks.

I explained what I wanted and kept pressing until I began to see the lowest price around. In the above deal, it was initially around $480 per month.

Then I heard from Spreen Honda in Loma Linda. In truth, the deal seemed too good to be true. I made them email me the agreed upon terms. Then I took the printout to my local dealer, Airport Marina Honda. I even went in with a cashier's check in the amount of the down payment. They told me Spreen was nuts, that Spreen had made a mistake. They said the number obviously did not include tax. So while I was at Airport/Marina Honda. Spreen said that of course the deal included tax in the monthly quote. They sent me an email right away.

Taking the Spreen quotes and the check, my sales person went to his manager and they declined the deal. First time I ever walked out of a dealership with a check in hand. In fairness, I was told I would be welcomed back after I returned without the deal I wanted from Spreen.

Two lease brokers I knew were also so certain the deal I had been offered was bogus. Their messages were hardly the sort to foster confidence in my perception of reality or my ability to negotiate a deal. Where did you get the $434 number? This is not a real number, you must just me making up numbers and hoping you get lucky. You should get the EX-L with nav, it will better fit your budget."

Well, everyone needs to make a buck.

I took the family and drove out to Spreen, and I must say, a deal is only as good as the email you send out after you have arrived home in the car.

In this case, Spreen had the car waiting (a Christmas gift for my wife). No monkey business with the numbers. Sure, they mentioned the rustproofing, leather stain resistant, all security extras, but I just said "no thanks" and that was that.

Financing also provided no surprises except that it provided no surprises.

I got the deal, at $11 per month less than I'd been quoted. Couldn't have been easier.

Now I admit this is an anecdotal experience. Mine only. I did my research, printed out proof of the prices offered and talked like I knew what I wanted. But this worked for me. Perhaps it will work for you.

I could not be happier with the deal.

Merry Christmas.
  • njpaindocnjpaindoc Member Posts: 5
    This is my first post, Just picked up a Touring 2011 @ 36,500 inclusive of destination - Northern NJ, appreciate feedback
  • carpadm1carpadm1 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a new 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD today for $32,400 inclusive of destination. The only additional costs were TTL. I had 1 other dealership that would match this price and one that would beat it by $40. I traded a 2006 Pilot EX-L RES 4WD and received above KBB trade-in. My trade was in excellent condition. I purchased at Schaumburg Honda in Schaumburg, Illinois. I was extremely pleased with the transaction. I discussed pricing ahead of my visit with the Internet manager. I brought everything necessary to drive off in the new Pilot and that is what happened. I showed up with my trade on my 1st visit and left with the new Pilot.
  • prdpprdp Member Posts: 1
    What is the best price for honda pilot EXL AWD 2011 at this time? Is there any year end special pricing ? What if i pay cash?
  • magilla2magilla2 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD today for $32,500. Played the Honda dealer with the Mazda (CX-9) dealer. I would have been happy with either car. Got the best price for the CX-9 then went to the Honda dealer and compared notes. In an effort to defend their price, Honda "droned" on about the five year re-sale value of the Pilot. Make a long story short, I created a document comparing the two vehicles on a five year cost of ownership. Obtained all the info I need from cars.com and the honda.com. Bottom-line, the five year total cost was $8,000 ($2,000 was due to Mazda offering a higher dollar amount for my trade-in.) higher on the Pilot compared to the CX-9. Went to the Honda dealership with information and whammo, received the price I wanted and the trade-in value I wanted.

The key to this transaction was I wanted the Pilot, but I was prepared to walk out and buy the CX-9.
  • boatingboating Member Posts: 17
  • aacosta1aacosta1 Member Posts: 3
    That was a good buy!!!!I also want to buy one can you pls. e mail me where did you buy and the sales person, my email add is aacosta_sr@hotmail.com

I appreciate it very much!!

Armando Acosta
  • toyotasearchertoyotasearcher Member Posts: 4
    what options were included?
  • dynapakdynapak Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Do you mind sharing the dealership name? My e-mail address is sfdurrani@gmail.com. I have checked out 4 dealerships in NJ and even the price excluding destination is 1000$ more than this. I am in NY. What was your OTD price excluding accessories?
    Thanks
  • carpadm1carpadm1 Member Posts: 2
    There were no additional options included. 2011 EX-L 4wd, polished metal metallic with black interior.
  • doglover4everdoglover4ever Member Posts: 19
    I am in NC and have been looking for a blue Touring with 4WD for many, many months. Still can't seem to find one. The dealer will locate one and then tell me they want a $1000 down just to get it to NC and that it will be several months. The price I have been quoted is almost $38,000.
  • boatingboating Member Posts: 17
    Took delivery yesterday of a 2011 Pilot EXL 4WD. Price $32,274 included delivery and trailer wiring harness (to complete tow package). State sales tax and registration were extra. Researched Pilot here on Edmunds and Tru-car and contacted four Honda dealers with quotes on color I wanted. Traded 05 Pilot EXL with 101,500 miles in excellant condition. Rhode Island area dealer. Purchased on 12-30-10. Dealer was very busy with customers. Know what other customers are paying and what your trade is worth before contacting dealers for price quotes. Process was easy also received 1.9% financing through Honda.
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    Sounds like a good deal.
  • brutuzbrutuz Member Posts: 1
    I just got my Pilot LX 4WD

$500 less the invoice price
    1.9% APR

no addons..

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a place to buy accessories for pilot?
  • talen316talen316 Member Posts: 32
    Checkout www.piloteers.org. Plenty of good info on where to buy accessories over the net.
  • kaliguy20002kaliguy20002 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Hi

I live in Orange County, Southern California.

I've been visiting the Honda dealers in my area and they gave me a very surprise price on the Pilot EXL 2WD, no Nav or RES price: $29,700. I still have two last payment (total of $520) on my leased Honda accord but they didn't want to cover it. Or they will cover it if I want to return early but the price will be $30,250 even.

today is Jan-8-2011, hopefully they will give me a call tomorrow and give me a little more. :-)
    :)
  • mehta27mehta27 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I am interested as well. Can you tell me which dealer is offering that rate. I may buy it this coming weekend.
  • samir1010samir1010 Member Posts: 13
    Hey I'm also in the market for an LX, do you mind providing some further pricing details? Thanks.

Samir
  • terry634terry634 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2010 Accord EX V6 with just under 16000 miles bought last June. I would like to trade for a 2010 or 2011 Pilot 2WD EX-L. Any idea of the kind of deal I could get trading it in?
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2011
    A better trade would be to get the all new 2011 Ford Explorer.
    The Explorer is a superior CUV with respect to safety, gas mileage and cabin ergonomics.
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I picked up the vehicle from Route 23 Honda in Wayne NJ, it was a fully loaded Touring model, I got running boards installed for a little over $600/-. (http://www.route23honda.com/index.htm) Hope this helps.
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    Excellent post and excellent work getting an excellent price. I did just about what you did here in Disneyland, er, California.

I sent out emails to all of the Acura dealers in No. Cal. Bay Area and down the central valley. Sorted out the exagerated prices and settled on four in Bay Area.

I was able to get a discount in late Feb. of about 18 % off sticker price. I.e. my RL sticker was 52k and I paid 42,500 out the door. I will be purchasing an MDX for my wife of 46 years for our anniversary this August. And I will use the same m.o. to find a deal.

This board is excellent and I hope it stays as excellent as it is now.

Good luck to all and stay safe .

jensad
  • BrianC15BrianC15 Member Posts: 16
    Greetings,

I know this post is from last year, but I was wondering if you could let me know a few things about your deal:

What was the MSRP, selling price, money factor and residual for your lease, if you don't mind sharing the info.

Thanks. :)
  • pchamelpchamel Member Posts: 3
    What are people paying for 2011 4WD Touring model in the MA, NH area? Just looking for the otd price with no taxes, extras etc.
  • chris218chris218 Member Posts: 8
    I have a quote of $450/month for a 36 month, 12K/year lease. All fees (MV, Doc, NJ taxes, etc) are in this payment. The only thing I pay at signing is $450 , the first month's payment.

I would like opinions on if this is a good deal. if not, what should I pay?

Thanks.
  • imdidiotimdidiot Member Posts: 8
    Dec. 24th 2010!!!

Congrats!!!

I think you have the bestessssssttttt!!! deal thus far. I got ~$1400 in options and put down $10k for "purchase" and still my "monthlies" are more than yours!!! Merry Christmas indeed!!!! I have looked back a couple of years in my research in numerous sites but, you.. you.... you.... did good, very good...
    2011 4wd touring for $36,500 in NJ (North East) is a fantastic price considering current posts. Share the knowledge brother doc!!!

MA, CT, NY, NJ, and others are "pain" ~$1500 more!!! You...., You... You... you did good...
    Congrats! $31,890 for 2011 Pilot EX-L 4wd is a very, very good price!!!

To all please note todate $31,890 is a great price and to no surprise it happens to be in the midwest. There seems to be movement every where else so if you have time do not give dealers those extra $300 dollars!!! and let them know this model should not command $32.2-ish anymore...
    Thanks jensad... I'm glad you appreciate how cheap I am!!! My wife and co-workers always complains it takes me 2 years of research to decide and buy "toothpaste"

I know I'm on borrowed time here being that my purchase "is so yesterday" (Nov 4) but, I do think I got a fair deal; and since my post others continue to report comparable prices. The important thing always is that we all benefit from the "collective" and that we push dealers to a bottom price. I have notice that prices in NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, NH are coming way down to IL, WI, and other midwest states' levels.

Specifically, 2011 tourings 4wd are in the low $36k. Prices for the 2011 EX-L 4 wd are in the upper $31k. Prices for same trims without the 4wd should be ~$2k less. to ALL out there I personally, I think getting a 4wd is the way to go as far as resale prices go. Remember that you will get rid of this vehicle eventually, and a 4wd vs a 2wd will win most times. For my wife and I upgrades for technological reasons seem to come at 8 years and 100k miles. Please, Please do your research before you buy!!! and then after you buy Please, Please, Please provide as much info as possible. Write so that others don't have to reply to YOU for more details. Note also that now a days all it takes is to use let's say "Edmunds" and do the mass email thing to get dealers to circle around you. No need for fancy faxes, or phone calls. Just add as many dealers as YOU can to an email and wait 1/2 hour.

Jensad, the MDX is a phenomenal vehicle and had it not been for that 8 passenger capacity of the Pilot we would have gone that route. Congrats also on a 18%!!! below sticker. That is sick!!! and tough to beat.

Hasta la vista all...
  • janechen23janechen23 Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me which dealer you were using??
  • kennerdriverkennerdriver Member Posts: 12
    The price of the 4WDs in the South is really high. Most of the dealers don't carry them in stock, and the ones that come by are far and between. Hence, the prices are higher. I had to walk out of Royal Honda in Metairie, Louisiana after they refused $32,950 before TTL for an EX-L 4WD that they had in stock. They wanted to sell me the towing hitch for $550 or something like that with the package and I just refused.

Overall, walked out with a bitter feeling in my mouth because the way the manager and sales personnel treated/spoke with us. If Honda is reading, please take note and straighten out your dealer in Metairie.
  • janechen23janechen23 Member Posts: 2
    Just try to get a good price for ex-l 2wd!
    the deals all not want give me the price for 30100 something+TTD
    But one the them give me the offer for "29989" yesterday ,I almost leaving the home (80miles away)
    And I just ask what is the otd price? he said I need to calculate! I said it should be basic items
    right? after a while, I think I better get on road now! So I call back try to tell him I am leaving now!
    Guess what
    the otd price is 34,854.11! **** you! that is all I want to say! Sorry
    Route23Honda in Wayne NJ, Internet price agreed upon by email after going through Edmunds, the 36.5K included destination charge, I paid for tax, and title, otd price was about $40.3k (I paid $620 for premium running boards) - Internet Manger - Mike Hadley. Have been extremely satisfied with the whole deal. Hope this helps.
  • kalidaskalidas Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    Planning to buy 2011 PILOT EX-L 4WD ( NO RES, NO NAV). Maryland has 6% ST. The best quote I got was 33,985 on the road with free life time oil change. Please let me know if it is a good deal.
    Thanks
    I sounds good. The TMV is around $33k and if you are getting it at $34k incl. TT&L, then it is a great deal for EX-Lw/4wd.
    Thanks for the prompt response.
  • jackomojackomo Member Posts: 11
    Just bought my 2011 Pilot last night. I purchased a 2011 EX-L with 4WD. Have been negotiating with dealers for the past 3-4 weeks. Based on research I felt $32, 300.00 would be a good price. After much back and forth, I finally found a dealer who (Poway Honda) accepted the deal. There was a little bit of bait and switch at first, however after bringing this to their attention, there was no more of that. I paid with 25% cash and then financed with Honda for 36 months at 0.9%.
  • sbj4sbj4 Member Posts: 2
    OTD 32,300? What's the tax rate? Thanks
    Taking some guess here.... Poway Honda in CA. State tax is 10.75%. I doubt that it is OTD price. Can you please confirm? It would be really helpful. Thanks
  • lskilolskilo Member Posts: 1
    JUST BOUGHT A NEW 2011 LX PILOT LAST WEEK AND PAID $25,500 FOR IT (NOT INCLUDING TAXES AND LICENSE FEES, WHICH BUMPED UP THE PRICE ANOTHER $3,000). i WANNA KNOW IF I GOT A GOOD DEAL ON IT???I SHOPPED AROUND FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS, BUT JUST NERVOUS IF I JUMPED THE GUN? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK??/i LIVE IN LOS ANGELES
    Base Price of 2011 Pilot LX 2WD is $25,417. Add to it about $1100 for destination and regional ad fees. That brings the dealer's invoice to $26,500 approx. The hold back is approx. $550~$600. So, anything below $25,900 is a great deal as you are buying below dealer's cost and he is sharing his volume discount with you.

Note that the numbers used are for the New Orleans area, but it should be pretty close for most pricing purposes.

Anyway, it is too late now that you got the car, so why get riled with your buyer's remorse? Congratulations on a great price and enjoy!
  • wapilot2wapilot2 Member Posts: 2
    Good luck with the pulling to right issue. I have had mine for almost a year, took it back 3 times in the beginning, and it is a little better, still not happy so at my 1st oil change I had a different Honda dealer look at it.....no luck there...they told me to come back after I take off my snow tires...It sucks, they give me all the lame excuses in the book. Like I tell them, none of my 10 other Honda's or any other vehicles we have had ever pulled. Honda needs to check this problem out.
    WAPILOT2
  • dmack4dmack4 Member Posts: 3
    $37,129 with cargo mat and destination included + 199 doc fee
  • kittyncrymkittyncrym Member Posts: 1
    I paid $40,000 out the door with extended warranty, anti-theft, roof crossbars, ski attachment, snowboard attachment, surf attachment. What do you guys think? San Diego, CA
  • mlalmlal Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Kalidas,
    Would you be so kind to provide the dealership name? I'm about to make a purchase, but can't get close to your quote.
    I have no problem buying from the dealer you purchased your Pilot from, I'll even give you the referral so you can get some $$.

Thanks!!
    mlal
  • broomballmanbroomballman Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2011
    2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD bought today

32,119 plus 140 doc fee, 15 license transfer fee, 15 elec filing fee, 1.25 tire fee. 34266 out the door after tax.

Penske Honda Indianapolis. Internet salesman was great to deal with.
  • pdx2002pdx2002 Member Posts: 4
    Do you guys think if it is a good price for a 2011 Pilot LX 4WD at $27,3000?
    Thanks!
  • mlalmlal Member Posts: 2
    Great job! I would say that deal's in the top percentile. What was the MSRP?

Thanks,
    M
  • pdx2002pdx2002 Member Posts: 4
    The MSRP is $30425