Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• civictorycivictory Member Posts: 73
    Edmunds has payment calculators for figuring payments. Link: http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/
  • yazyazooyazyazoo Member Posts: 20
    I am looking into the Pilot. We can wait up to 6 months to buy it. I was wondering what are the best times in the next few months to get a 2011 Pilot Touring.

Does Honda have 0% or 0.9% financing when they are trying to clearance out the 2011? What months are they doing the clearance? July or August? Is there a sale going on Memorial Day weekend?

Thanks!
    Yazyazoo,

Unfortunately, I don't really have the answers you're looking for. But since no one else has replied to you yet, I thought I'd throw this out there for you to consider...

There continues to be talk of a supply problem due to the ongoing problems in Japan. While this did not seem to have any effect on my recent buying experience, I would be a little nervous about waiting several months to make a purchase. I think I'd try to do some research on how "real" the supply problem is or is likely to become. Just a thought...

Also, I don't know when the Honda finance rates might drop again. I think they went up around the first of May. (They were still at 0.9/1.9 at the end of April, when we purchased.) I don't know if there is a predictable cycle for finance deals or not.

I think rates currently stand at 1.9/2.9 (for 36/60 months). Depending on how much you actually want to finance, it might not be worth the wait for the lower rates. You could play with a payment calculator to help you decide. On our Pilot, we financed substantially less than the sale price; so a 1% difference in rates would not have made much difference in our monthly payment.
  • motichormotichor Member Posts: 32
    The prices have gone up so much !!!
    I brought my Pilot 2009 4WD EX-L with RES for 32,200 + TTL exactly 2 yrs ago.
  • dclivedclive Member Posts: 35
    Weymouth Honda has the 2011 Pilot EX-L with RES for $32,714. That's an inconsequential increase, particularly given inflation.

How have prices gone up?
    civictory,
    Thanks for the information!

As for Weymouth for price benchmarking. Has anyone in California had them ship it out a Pilot to them and what was the experience?
  • yonweihyonweih Member Posts: 1
    Am I hearing you guys right? Pilot 4WD EX-L w/ RES for 32k range.. The MSRP is $37,975 and invoice $34,465.67.. That is 2k under invoice. Is it feasible? Thanks for your response!
  • ruisijruisij Member Posts: 8
    I recieved a quote for 35693.47 (which he said had raised from April's offer of 35393.47). The finance charge also increased to 2.9% for 60 months. I really wish I had purchased in April. Also, he quoted me the 1421.66 for the running boards and remote start. I was wondering if he charged you labor for these accessories. What was your out the door price? I'm hoping it is somewhere around 39,620. This would include 239 doc fee, 125 for title/reg, and 6% sales tax for connecticut. I'm also working with Justin and he seems very professional. I'm just a little worried about scams. Every dealership in CT says there must be something fishy going on. That's probably b/c they want my sale.

Any advice would be great.
    I'm looking to purchase the touring edition, so i'm not sure on the EX-L price. So far the best price i've recieved in CT has been from Westport Honda. $37,357 sales price plus about 400 in fees. However, I am working with Weymouth Honda in Weymouth Mass and he offered me 35694 for the same vehicle. I may be making a 3 hour trip to Mass to save some money. Good luck!
  • mom2wjmom2wj Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2011 Pilot EX-L 2WD (no res and no navigation). Price was $30,552 + TTL. Added remote start for $675 installed. Dealer also threw in some accessories...hood air deflector, cargo tray, door visors, all season floor mats, and moonroof visor...for no additional money. LOVE the Pilot!!!!
    Is Weymouth able to ship to California or other states for a fee? Even if they charged $500 more I would be coming out cheaper than any dealer.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Of my 2011 Pilot EXL w/ NAV 4WD on Thursday & am very happy with it thus far. Greenwich Honda was very easy to deal with & they gave me what I think is a fair price - $35,577 ($750 over invoice) + 6% tax, DMV fee & $179 doc fee.

We're now officially a 3 car household. All 3 cars are Hondas.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I spoke to Justin at Weymouth and he said they are not in charge of any of the shipping. If you can find a reasonably priced shipper than I would say probably.
    Good Luck!
  • BMATTBMATT Member Posts: 8
    I just got quoted $26793 for a Honda Pilot LX 4WD (Base Model) in Pennsylvania. What do you guys think, is it a good offer?
  • dclivedclive Member Posts: 35
    What's Weymouth Honda's price on that?
  • jmcclenahanjmcclenahan Member Posts: 15
    I'm also talking to Westport Honda about an EX-L w RSE....did you end up getting your Touring w Weymouth? I also contacted them and their prices seem hard to believe...also got the 32,714 quote that someone else here got.
    jmcclenahan, here is the deal. I decided not to purchase from Weymouth, MA only because I didn't want to deal w/ the out of state process and because they couldn't gaurentee me a value on my trade prior to my trip up there. I asked them to match the price I got from carmax (from a certified appraiser) and they wouldn't. So my husband took my car down to Westport monday night and they gave me $500 more than carmax, plus took an extra $500 off the price. The origional best price they would do was $37,373 (for a touring AWD) and w/ the $500 off it came down to 36,873. So I was scheduled to pick up the car tonight, HOWEVER I heard from another honda dealership tonight that from 5/27 to 5/31 they are offering 0.9% financing for 60 months on all honda's. So I called Westport and they said that i'd have to pick up the car tomorrow, but that I could get the 0.9% instead of the 2.9% financing. That saves me another $1500. All in all this was a great deal. If you're gonna get the honda in CT, stick w/ Westport. No one in CT was able to match the price from Weymouth, but this deal was as good as I was going to get and saved me a trip to MA. But make sure you bring all the facts from Weymouth, and keep pushing for the best price. BTW, If you can, this weekend sounds like a great time to purchase. Good luck!
  • piperwarriorpiperwarrior Member Posts: 12
    I had the same information on finance rates as well today from a dealer in PA. 0.9% today through Tuesday (5/31).

Also just as info for the board, i had the following recent quotes, again from PA area:

2011Pilot EX-L, Nav, 4WD: $34,377
    2011Pilot Touring, 4WD: $36,907

I am buying my new 2011 Touring over the weekend!
  • scurvemondscurvemond Member Posts: 1
    Saw your post. Congratulations on the deal! Can I ask in what state you purchased this? Also, how difficult was it to get them down to this price? We're just getting started. Hope to purchase the same vehicle/trim level as you in the next 30 - 90 days, depending on what deals are out there.

Thanks!
  • njguy63njguy63 Member Posts: 11
    I just bought a new 11 Pilot Touring from Main Line Honda in PA for $36,400 include destination but tax, title, registration are extra.
  • ash33ash33 Member Posts: 6
    I would like to know what price you paid for a new Honda Pilot AWD EX-L 2011. I am considering buying one and dont need navigation.
    At what price did you buy a Honda Pilot 2011 EX-L AWD recently in the Redmond/Seattle, WA area? I am looking for one without navigation.
  • geneatalsgeneatals Member Posts: 3
    So I'm no stranger to leasing, just leasing Honda's. My wife and I have a second child on the way and we are looking to get into a Honda Pilot for some extra room. Here's the price quote I got from one dealer for a Taffeta White 2011 Pilot EX-L w/ Rear entertainment pkg

Cap Cost -$34,442 (including running boards + $595 acquisition fee)
    Residual -56% of MSRP - $36,375 = $20,370
    Money Factor - .00142 (assuming tier one credit)
    Drive off cost – $1,161.62 ($577.87 + $45 doc fee + $530 DMV and $8.75 tire fee)

Payment -$533.49 incl tax (Los Angeles County)

Now to me, that cap cost/selling price is high. I'm not a fan of working MSRP down but rather invoice up. From what I've seen and found on the internet, invoice is about 32K. So am I right in thinking this dealer is trying to take advantage of me. Thanx in advance.
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2011
    Is this a good price for a lease 2011 Pilot EX-L 4wd, what else should I be asking the sales person (this is being done over the internet)

MSRP $36,680.00
    Sale Price $31,362.08
    Residual $20,907.60 (57% of MSRP1)
    Financing 3.41% APR (0.00142 money factor)
    Incentive $1,000.00

Depreciation
    Sale Price $31,362.08
    Lease Acquisition Fee +$595.00
    Capitalized Cost $31,957.08
    Capitalized Cost Reduction
    (Down Payment) -$0.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost $31,957.08
    Residual Value -$20,907.60
    Depreciation $11,049.48
    Finance Charge
    Adjusted Cap Cost $31,957.08
    Residual Value $20,907.60
    Average Financed2 $26,432.34
    Financed at 36 mo @ 0.00142 money factor3
    Finance Charge $2,702.52
    Fees Due at Signing
    Down Payment $0.00
    Documentation Fee +$239.00
    Fees Due at Signing $239.00
    First Month's Payment $382.00
    Total Due at Signing $621.00
  • geneatalsgeneatals Member Posts: 3
    funny, both are telling me the price is at invoice..

Lease rate .00142 on approved credit
    Residual 56% 12,000 miles
    MSRP $36,375
    Sell Price $33,342.25
    Net Cap $34,727.23
    Running baords $591.23 installed price
    $1000 down... payment is $523.55 including tax assuming la county taxes

Questions give me a ring programs are good thru end of month or until supplies last...Prices subject to change or vehicles are subject to prior sale..
  • packerjohnpackerjohn Member Posts: 10
    I got a quote on a Pilot that included $139 for splash guards. Looking at the Honda website I don't find them listed as an accessory (plus all the pictures show the guards). Do these come standard with the vehicle and the dealer is trying to hose me?
    I had a salesman tell me all Pilots come with splash guards. However, I also received quotes that listed them as add-ons. So... I'm not sure!

I can tell you that my Pilot came with splash guards and I did not pay extra for them.
  • bostonloubostonlou Member Posts: 11
    has anyone actually bought a pilot/honda from weymouth, ma???

i'm not far from them so I may make the trip... but wanted to know if their prices are real

They seemed legit after much research, but we finally got a CT dealer down to a difference of a $1000. So we decided to stay in state and buy. However I will say this, I have had nothing but problems w/ my new honda pilot touring since I bought it home 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. It's going back to the dealer for the third time to be repaired. I couldn't help but think about what would have happened if I had purchased from Weymouth, which is 3 hours away. Just my opinion, but purchase from somewhere you can deal w/ should something go wrong. The first trip to the dealer for repairs came 3 days after purchase as the back seat wouldn't come up as it was getting jammed, there was a nick in the leather and in the paint on the tail gate. I had just gotten the car back home when we noticed there was a piece completely missing on the roof rack (second trip to the dealer) and now it's on the way in again because the piece on the roof rack, that they said they fixed, came loose again, and when I opened my sunroof a large peice of weather stripping fell into my car. Needless to say I am very very angry w/ this purchase. Make sure you look EVERYTHING over when you purchase. Good luck!
    I'm getting prices of around invoice ($33,298 including shipping) less $1,000 if I finance with Honda on a 2011 4 wheel drive EX-L (no DVD or navi)+ taxes and registration. This is from several dealers in central Illinois, and +/- a couple hundred bucks of each other. Is this what others are seeing?
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    i suggest that we wait until we see the Mr. Opportunity commercial...this will be a good time to but....you can get up to 6k below the sticker price.......

......but if you are really itchy and want to pull the trigger...then go ahead...

The Sticker Price should be the OTD price if you are in the State of California... don't be afraid to walk away....there is a lot of dealership, I'm sure they will chase you once you're about to leave. I used to sell cars....the desk is the Devil in the dealerships.
    If you bought a Honda Pilot EX-L 2011 AWD recently in Seattle, WA area, what was your Out the Door Price inclusive of taxes and all charges?

I am planning to buy a Honda Pilot EX-L AWD with Nav. Most dealers are quoting invoice of $35000 plus $500 add ons plus $500 additional. Costco pricing is mostly $500 over invoice. So net Out the Door price is turning out to be around $39K.

This seems to be high. Given holdback is about $700. And I think Honda is giving dealers $1000 cash back for every card sold.

Is $39k reasonable or is $37K more reasonable for the Out the Door price inclusive of taxes and all charges?
    I am considering buying the demo car from a dealer. It is 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD with a couple thousand miles on it.

What are the risks of buying a demo car from the dealer? And what things one should watch out for while evaluating purchase of such a car?
    I've had several dealers tell me there is $1,000 in cash to the dealer if you finance through Honda Financial. They were willing ot pass the whole $1,000 along.
  • tmstewar2tmstewar2 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Purchase price $35201.00
    Steve Bailey Honda, Oklahoma City
    Excellent to work with.

I went in at the end of May they only had 2 Touring editions on the lot. 1 2wd Silver (asking $35912.) and 1 4wd Black. I knew I wanted Bali Blue. They had been hunting a 2wd Bali Blue down for me over the last few weeks. Called last week saying they could get it for me.

Went in with documentation and everything in writing of what I was willing to pay for the vehicle and what I wanted for my trade in. After 1 round of me telling this is what it will take for me to purchase the vehicle they agreed.

Round 1 Offer:
    Sales Price $35201 (agreed immediately)
    Trade - in $11,000 (2008 Honda Cr-v LX high miles)

Round 2:
    Sales Price: $35201
    Trade-in $13,500 (what I wanted)

I am very happy with the deal I received plus 1.9% financial through Honda.

This forum was a HUGE help in information on what I should pay and resources.
    Any idea when Honda Pilot 2012 will arrive in dealerships? Civic 2012 is already available. I am debating whether to buy 2011 or wait for Pilot 2012.
    Julian

When is 2012 Honda Pilot expected to be in dealerships? Couldnt find any info on the web
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    I paid $33,480 for the above vehicle, MSRP'ed at $38,375. That prices includes freight, but not taxes, fees, etc, because where you live, these cost items are probably different. I thought it was a pretty good deal. If you want to know the name of the dealership, or who I dealt with, email me. Happy Hunting!
    picked up a bali EX-L for $31,342.90 incl destination

got 11k on my 06 ex-l which needed brakes and the check engine and vtm4 light was on

added on honda care 5yr 100k for 1100...

but then saw a quote online for 940 and 900

anyone know if i can cancel and then signup again?
  • explorer1explorer1 Member Posts: 6
    Did you lease for the sale price?
    edited June 2011
    Dealers will generally give invoice less the $1,000 dealer cash if you finace with Honda Financial Services (plus taxes, etc). Bought a black 4WD EX-L at this price. Dealer also threw in set of all weather floor mats.
  • fi5033fi5033 Member Posts: 1
    I went to Joyce Koons Honda Manassas Va on June 24 2011 to get a new Honda Pilot Touring model. There was a nice looking Pilot in the showroom with 47K sticker price tag on it and they offer me the car for 46K. I explained that I don't want Pilot with a body kit but the manager was saying their cost of Touring is all above 40K and walked away telling me our difference is too much and refused to negotiate. Not to mention, I was never offered to test driver any Pilot.
    My target price for a new Pilot was around 37~38K and the final offer I've got is 46K. There is no way that I pay 46K for Honda. What's reasonable price in northern Va area for a Touring?
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    Where were you able to get the Honda Care for that price?

Please share.
  • roadsoda70roadsoda70 Member Posts: 6
    Honda Pilot touring selling price before taxes and ect. $36,600 (NY area). Do yourself a favor and join consumer reports. You can use there site to receive legitimate low price offers from 3 different car dealers in your area. Take the print out and head to dealer to start negotiating. Good luck...
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    I had a similar experience with Koons Honda, although I was looking for a different Pilot. Koons would NOT deal at all, and then they had that silly 499 processing fee and some ungodly accessory mark up that i wasn't falling for. I'm not sure why Koons is this way, but it may have some real or perceived problem with getting inventory out of Japan after the earthquake. With all the research I did, there is NO DOUBT in mind mind that some dealers are playing that card and trying to twist things to their favor. At any rate, I wound up at Honda of Bowie and got what I thought was a really, really good deal, WAY better than Koons', and no BS at any point in the process. I never pursued Koons after my initial inquiry, nor did they call me back more than once. Too bad for them, they lost a chance to sell a car. Oh well.
  • austexaustex Member Posts: 62
    so !21k + TTL after the trade-in?
    bernardi was one ... i forget the other saccucci or curry?
  • austexaustex Member Posts: 62
    Read the unflattering review of the Pilot by edmunds reviewers. Wondering how the owners feel about it? Thoughts/feedback are much appreciated. Want to buy one soon. Either this one or a Highlander .. but the 2nd and 3rd seating on Highlander wasnt inviting.
    We've owned our Pilot for two months (EX-L, 2WD, no RES or NAV). Like you, I was concerned about the negative reviews and low rankings that are out there. Consequently, we kind of forced ourselves to look at other options; but we came back to the Pilot.

Many of the negative reviews I read focused on appearance, both inside and out. (Apparently a lot of people don’t like the grill and front end. Some seem to think portions of the interior look “cheap.”) But I like the Pilot’s appearance. It looks more truck-like to me than many other SUV’s, and that appeals to me.

After two months of ownership, here are some thoughts:

(1) Gas mileage – We’re averaging just over 18 mpg, so far. Some owners have reported improved mileage after the break-in period.
    (2) Variable Cylinder Management – This might be my biggest complaint, although it’s not a big deal. I can often “feel” the cylinders kicking in and out. It’s very subtle and doesn’t bother my wife at all; but it bugs me a little.
    (3) Buttons on dash – There are a LOT of buttons to control the radio, A/C, etc. It’s a little overwhelming and I haven’t adjusted to it yet. I find myself having to “look around” for the right button much of the time.
    (4) Odometer toggle – I like to toggle between the various odometer displays to check gas mileage, etc. The placement of the button makes this awkward. (I’d prefer a button with placement similar to our Civic.)
    (5) Wheels – 17 inches seems too small for this vehicle. I’d prefer at least 18.
    (6) Towing wiring harness – I wish this was standard. (It might be on the Touring.)
    (7) Glove compartment – There is a “shelf” (for lack of a better word) above the glove compartment. I would prefer no shelf and a bigger glove compartment.

As far as positives, there are a lot! I love the way it drives… Road noise is not bad… Love the exterior… Love the interior… Lots of storage… Useful seating/cargo configurations that are easy to use… And, it’s a Honda!

This is my wife’s primary vehicle, and she loves it. We have three young children. There is plenty of room and plenty of latches for car seats. We’re able to put all three car seats in the 2nd row, when needed.

Hope this helps a little. If you have specific questions, let me know. You might also take a look at www.piloteers.org. I haven’t gone as far as signing up yet, but I’ve found lots of useful information there.
  • mrtimothydavmrtimothydav Member Posts: 3
    tt jack at joyce, straight forward and no fooling around