Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1294295296297298300»

Comments

• nb92txnb92tx Member Posts: 1
    We are in the market for a new Pilot EXL FWD. What is a good price in South Central Texas area?
  • zintrazintra Member Posts: 2
    What's your sales tax? I live in Chicago and mine is like $3000. I haven't been able to get OTD below 34862. I'm just trying to compare my situation.
  • zintrazintra Member Posts: 2
    Also-- can anyone explain this to me? If the Pilot I'm looking at says it might qualify for "Up to $1000 down payment assistance", is that money that would come off the total price of the car? I am planning on paying cash, but if signing up for financing would take another $1000 off the price, could I sign up for financing and then just pay it all off the next month? I realize that this assumes there are no penalties, but other than that, does it make sense to do this?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    So long as there are no pre-payment penalties, you should have no problem taking the special financing to reduce the selling price then pay off the loan in the next month or two.

Best of luck - please come back and let us know how it all turned out!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• gumyounggumyoung Member Posts: 11
    I noticed many people here just bought EXL, Anyone got EX deal?
    Thank you
  • atulpatulp Member Posts: 2
    For 2013 black Honda Pilot, 4WD, EX-L (MSRP: $37,450), under 100 miles on the car, I paid $31,500 + TTL + $190 doc fee + $24 fee for electronic filing for immediate license plate (last one is optional - otherwise, one can wait to get license plate in the mail). Dealer: Fox Honda in Grand Rapids. Went through their Internet department. Picked it up yesterday.

Other dealers were within a few hundred dollars, including Germain Honda (Ann Arbor) and Brown Honda (Toledo). But stocks are limited everywhere if you want a specific color. May require a wide search or dealer trades. Fox had the color I wanted in stock and not a demo model, so went with them.

Tamaroff Honda in Southfield was the first to quote that price and I was about to buy from them. But, one new pilot had a scratch and another pilot had several hundred more miles than they stated when taking a deposit. They did refund the deposit. Fox Honda was great. I decided to drive to Fox to pick up the car myself. They sent me photos of it over email and had it all ready. They did offer a $500 supersteel protection package, which I respectfully declined.

No trade-in.
    0.9% Honda financing.
  • atulpatulp Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a 2013 Honda Pilot, EX-L, 4WD (no navigation). I cannot find a radio code or radio ID number in the dash. I am wondering if others can check and report back if they received a radio code from the dealer when purchasing the vehicle? Apparently, there is normally a card in the dash with the radio information.

I called Honda up and they did advise me of a procedure to restart the radio without the code in case the battery is disconnected. Apparently, that works only on 2012 and 2013 Pilots. But, it would be nice to have the code just in case if it is supposed to be there. Thanks.
  • nwh505nwh505 Member Posts: 4
    When that Pilot was PDIed (Checked in off transport) most dealerships should log the radio code. Any decent dealership's service department should be able to get you that code for free.
  • arob1arob1 Member Posts: 67
    Did you check pocket of the folder where the owners' manual and service manual are ? Mine came with a black cloth folder and the code was in the pocket of that black folder.
  • dreamzdecoradreamzdecora Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    honda pilot touring
    $33015 + TTL - $36,000 - is a good deal?
  • happyablehappyable Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    today bought my new 2013 EX-L 2WD with Navi from Anderson Honda which is located in Palo Alto. Invoice price is $30,988 and OTD price is $34,368. Not too bad. Originally I don't want Navi but they don't have the one. feel the price is good by comparing with other deals around, then we're ok to take it. the best record in last 6 months we checked from truecar is $31,238 plus TTL.

The salesman is very nice though not accepting our counter offer at the beginning. he was not too pushing and always smiling. we feel comfortable.... Thanks Henry.

in whole bay area there is no much 2013 left. In Anderson they have only two. I took one, don't who will take the left silver one.

edmunds and truecar are really helpful for my homework. just write this to contribute this forum and thanks
  • bbb99bbb99 Member Posts: 58
    Are there any forums for used Honda Pilot prices? These new prices are out of my league. There is a 10 ex-l with dvd for 21k and 72k miles on it.
  • ilnt01ilnt01 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I live in north sub of Chicago area and look for EXL too. Please tell me which dealer offers you this price. And will you able to find the better price? Thanks,
  • chreesechreese Member Posts: 4
    Just got a new 2013 Pilot EXL 4WD for $33700 OTD. Sales Tax: 9%. Had to do a lot of shopping around. Over the phone was not too helpful. Tough to get them to beat prices over the phone. They want proof of the current offer.

There are not a whole lot of 2013s left w/ 4WD. It seems like there are more 2WD and ones w/ Navi and Touring edition. As 2014 gets closer, I imagine someone could pick up one at a good price. Sounds like they are going to take a loss on the higher end ones. I saw some pretty steep discounts on the trims that had extra stuff like Navi. People probably don't use Navi much w/ GPS phones nowadays.

This is a great forum and I'm wanting to contribute back to it. It helped zone in on the best price. I was looking at this forum while at the dealer negotiating. I walked out when they countered with a way higher price than what I saw here.

You can't believe invoice prices you see as the dealer's true cost. Costco pricing (at least told to me by the dealer) is not that good for the Pilot.
    Just to clarify, we did the Honda finance .9%, so our price includes the $500 incentive.
  • rozenkristalrozenkristal Member Posts: 31
    After stop shopping for the pilot @ June, I back to the market and got a EXL 4WD silver 2013 today. I only negotiated OTD price and .9 financing. Locate in Virginia so our tax is 4.2% and OTD is 32,600. If you do the calculation, Sale price is... uhm, about 31,200 or something included other fees. Feel like I can do better but circumstances got me to sign the deal... I know I can knock off a few hundreds more though... but 2013 stocks are depleting, so not much chance to shop around unless you come to the end of the month.
  • popc0rn67popc0rn67 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am also in Northern CA and trying to buy a Touring 4wd.
    I would appreciate knowing the 4 dealers in the Bay Area you narrowed your search and which dealer did you buy your Pilot from?

Why did you send your emails out to Acura Dealers vs. Honda Dealers?

Thanks for your time and help. I am trying to do this alone and those dealers intiminate me. Diane (popcorn67)
    Hi Diane, I'm not sure why you are replying to a message from Jan 2011 as it may not be relevant anymore, but I can tell you which dealers I looked at in the Bay Area when we bought our Pilot recently. I guess in general for the Bay Area, some dealers will add things to their quote (e.g., extended warranty, third party alarm systems, phantom, running boards, etc.) and some dealers don't do any add ons. I suggest making sure you take those extra add ons into account when comparing quotes.

We bought our car from a sales rep named Murray at San Francisco Honda. Very helpful. They actually got the car from Walnut Creek Honda, so you may want to check there since they may have more supply. It also seemed that Anderson Honda in Palo Alto was competitive.

Use this forum as your negotiation tool. If you read the recent postings for the Bay Area, you should be able to extrapolate a fairly accurate price for your 4WD Touring.

This is the basic process I went through which might work for you:
    1) read this forum to figure out about how much you should pay. if you belong to costco, use their auto program to get a baseline idea.
    2) go to your local dealer and ask for their price on the car you want.
    3) when they hand you the quote, cross-off the final price and write-in your OTD (out the door) price. It is important to negotiate based on OTD because that will get rid of any extra things that they try to sneak in later (e.g. transportation fees, etc.).
    4) if they don't take the price, tell them you know someone bought the car for the same price from this website and walk out. Tell them you are going to that dealer instead.
    5) Hopefully, they will either chase after you or call you in a few minutes to match the price.

Best of luck.
  • lena8lena8 Member Posts: 9
    hi, I Live in north carolina too. Do you mind sharing with dealership you used?
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    I'm wondering this too. Just left one of my local Maryland Honda Dealers and they have four of the 2013 Honda Pilots 2WD Touring. One has add-ons like those runner things that I don't need, so really if this were to work out, it would be one of the other three I would be looking at.

I would prefer to get a 4wd one but if they don't have it, I think I would be ok with a 2WD. Our Maryland winters aren't too bad. I just want the freedom to drive to places we have family like Chicago and Albany without worrying a out weather.

Our first offer numbers they gave were $37,088 ( invoice) + "fees" + title. I will get more details on this later. This wasy first place I visited.
    Alright, I just got a different set of numbers from a dealer in Northern Virginia who has two new 2013 Honda Pilot Touring 2WD in stock.

Yesterday I posted that I met with another dealer in Maryland on Sunday who was willing to give me one of their same 2013 Honda Pilot touring 2WD for 37,088 ( invoice) + "fees" + title. I didn't like that price at the time, but hadn't done any research yet. It seems I was right to.

The new price I've gotten from the NoVA dealer is as follows:
    $32,000 sale price
    MD TAX - 6.2 %
    MD TAGS - 334
    Processing Fee - 485
    Freight - 830
    Appearance Package - 595 ( includes: Mud guards, Wheel locks, Nitrogen filled tires, and Pin Stipes)

That's SIGNIFICANTLY lower than what the other dealer was trying to get me to pay.

I still prefer the AWD version and two locations in Maryland have it but I'm waiting for details. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably look to work with this deal. Any thoughts on how much lower they should be able to go.

I've spent some time going back through these posts to July and it seems $35k + fees is a good price for the Touring AWD. But now that's the true end of the car with the 2014s on the lot, I feel I should be able to push this lower.
    sorry for late reply.... My sale tax is 6%
    Sorry guys. I won't be joining you guys as a Pilot owner this time around.

Quick background: we had bought a 2013 Rdx AWD Tech new last year and were pretty satisfied with it. but we were doing this whole thing because our family is trying to buy a house so we needed to get a loan off one person's name and onto another. We tried a transfer and that didn't work so back up plan was to just trade our 2013 in for a new car (not a fan of used vehicles) and do it in a runaround way. Yes, there would be some loss but at least we'd get a new car out of it.

As far as compact SUVs go, I think Rdx is best option out there for size and pricing. But now having a newborn for almost 3 months, we see how we could use the extra space. The Acura MDX Is too much so that left the Honda Pilot along with some other. But I know Honda well so it seemed pilot would be best option for me. Plus, getting leftover 2013 inventory meant solid savings so timing worked out perfect. The plan was that If this wouldn't work, we'd go with the RDX again. Since new 2013s not around anymore, a 2014 would have to work. A 2014 pilot would too close in price to the 2014 Rdx. For me, the savings were t worth it in that scenario.

I set up the Rdx deal first which was of course easy since I hadn't even bought the car a year ago from the same location and salesman. I asked for a few more days knowing the price I needed on the pilot to make that the better option.

After a lot of emails I was down to just two dealers in the Baltimore/Washington DC area who still had a new 2013 Pilot Touring, but it seemed only two had the AWD one I wanted. One, College Park Honda was being annoying and not giving me inventory details, and the other, Northwestern Honda had the vehicle with 180 miles in a cherry red color. Not the perfect way I wanted the vehicle but it would do. It was priced at $33.5k us fees. I was going to go in and push for $1k off that price, $1k more than what Carmax was offering for my Rdx trade in, and an accessory thrown in ( remote start or running boards). If I got just one of the three I would have taken the deal.

But when I got to Northwestern Honda in Owings mills, it was a god awful experience. Just everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. It was a shock too because they were so helpful on the phone. I can put more details later on it if anyone wants.

On the way home I swallowed my pride and called College Park Honda. Again, They told me earlier they said they had the AWD one but wouldn't give details, kept trying to force me into the dealership. I didn't want to give business to them because of that, but with Northwestern Honda out of picture, they were my last shot.

Well it turns out they didn't have the car. Seems the Internet guy was just lying to get me in. So I just gave up at that point and went to Tischer Achra and bought the 2014 RDX AWD Tech.

If anyone wants a new 2013 2WD Pilot Touring, I believe Landmark Honda in Alexandria has it. Jim Coleman Honda in Clarksville stil might. And also Bill Page Honda may have either the 2WD or 4WD. if anyone is up for dealing with a bad experience , there is a new 2013 Honda pilot touring AWD in Northwester Honda.

Please direct message me or tweet me @shahryar if you want some of those salespeople 's names. Some of them were good and I'd like to help them get business.
  • rolexguy101rolexguy101 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I would like to see what people are getting in southern california for both 2013 and 2014 EXL 2 FWD in blue. I have gotten from Goudy Alhambra 2013 $30,562 price and OTD of 33,800 and Pasadena Honda 2014 EXL 2FWD blue also $31,925 and OTD $35,440. Is this a good deal and has anybody gotten any better than this? How much more room is there to negotiate?
    Thanks in advance for any replies
  • foggybottom222foggybottom222 Member Posts: 16
    Hello,

I am in the market for a 2014 Honda Pilot 4wd Touring lease, 36 months, 12k miles. I live in northern NJ. Any recent pricing data observations/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    My sale price is about 31300.. yours too high.
  • rolexguy101rolexguy101 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys just reporting back on my deal. I appreciate this forum greatly.
    I just got a
    2013 pilot touring 2wd in southern california 9% sales tax.

$33,248 sale price
    $36,620 OTD
    got the 2nd row waterproof seat cover for free also ($264.)

I agree you can get better lena8.
    I got quoted mid 31's when i was shopping EXL's
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for your respond.

What is you paid for your car? In sale price , tax, fees.

My quote is for 2014. Do you think how much different in term of price between 2013 and 2014 with the same option?
  • andyjonesandyjones Member Posts: 1
    My quote is $32,800 including destination fees (taxes additional) -- additional $500 credit if I finance with Honda.

Seems like a good price. I am planning to buy this week.
    What is your state?
  • rtraveler1rtraveler1 Member Posts: 4
    Can you give me the dealership info? I'd like to get a quote from them. thank you.
    landmark honda
    Is this a good price for a 2013 Pilot EX-L, $34,783 OTD. I live in NJ (7% sales tax)

Price $30,977
    Destination fee $830
    Doc Fee $399
    Registration $409
    Sales Tax $2,168
    edited December 2013
    2014 Pilot EX-L w/ 4WD

Two dealers gave me a quote for $36,000 OTD. Is this a good price?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.