Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• thanks for the phone number, was valuable info, found out I am the 5th owner they say although I believe after research on carfax I am the 3rd. So looks like I'm out of luck. Will see if the dealer is going to make good on anything before I contact the better business bureau.
  • I am the second owner of a Black 2005 Crossfire Limited. The car only had 5000 miles when I bought it....fantastic is all I can say..Love the way this car handles. I would like to hear from other Crossfire owners in the area. I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Is there a Crossfire car group in the area ? If not, maybe someone should start one. Count me in!! A weekend drive to different places with a group would be fun.
  • Hi, Maggie, I also have a black Limited edition,with the cinnamon red leather interior. I also bought mine used,had 6000 k on it,Mine is a 2004. I have had it for three years now,and I just love this car. I have had corvettes but this car is a much better quality, and handles a lot better,and I just love the coupes so much better then the convertibles,also a lot more trunk space. I have been trying to meet with other crossfire owners,I live in Michigan,and every summer we have the WOODWARD CRUISE,this year we were suppose to get together,but nothing ever materialized. I would not mind traveling out of state, if you look on the crossfire forum.org, you with see a lot of meetings going on down south they always have a big raaly in the sokey mountauns, I am going to log on and see when they are this year. In the meantime have a Merry Christmas, I am retired and can go any time,so let me know when you are ready. crossfire 66 Peter Kruger :)
  • Hi Maggie, I live in Owings Mills, MD - just outside Baltimore and I have a 2008 Coupe LTD that I just bought on Labor Day and I LOVE my car. I got the Aero Blue - that was a switch as I have always been a black/white/silver car owner, but I just loved the way the car looked in this blue. Anyway, we aren't that far from each other and I have been scoping for a nearby club also but after many attempts on several websites, could not come up with anything - maybe we should be the first!
    Feel free to contact me back. You can also reach me at derick4155@aol.com
    Enjoy, have a great holiday and hope to talk to you
    David
  • Hi Peter, Thanks for responding. I have the two tone grey leather interior in mine. Do you ever drive yours in the snow? We haven't had any snow in the past two years. Not that I'd like to take her out in it. The car does great in the rain. Please let me know more about rallys. In the mean time I will check out the crossfire forum.org. You have a Merry Christmas. I look forward to hearing more from you again....Maggie
  • Hi David, I too have searched for a nearby club. A former co-worker bought a 2008 Saturn Sky and found that they have clubs all over the US. So I don't know why we can't get one around here for Crossfires. There are at least 4 other Crossfires just in Easton since I bought mine. I'm sure they might like to get together and go for a drive somewhere. Keep in touch and have a Merry Christmas....Maggie
  • ArgeArge Posts: 3
    HI Maggie

I live in Michigan, so I do drive in the snow. I have found that in an inch or so it drives as well as any front wheel drive, however when it gets to about 5" or more it is better to not drive it.

From what I have read, if you don't have the all weather tires which stock are the Conti's, you won't have as much success.

Bob
  • Hi Bob,
    You sure do get snow up there. We haven't had enough here to worry about YET. I just had all weather tires put on. If we get an accumulation, I think I will just sit back with some hot chocolate and enjoy the scenery. It's not worth the headache of getting out there. The roads will be cleared soon enough. Nice hearing from you.
    Maggie
  • Hi, Maggie, ok here is the scoop there will be a TAIL OF THE DRAGONS Rally,in north carolina on April 3,4,and 5. in the smokey mountains at the Fontana Village Resort.For more information go to www.fontanavillage.com. They have a group discount of 74.25 a night plus tax,I will not know till monday if I am going,those roads have a lot of curves, I was down there about 10 years,can only imagine what fun that would be in a Crossfire. Also go to www.CrossFireForum.org, thats were you can find all the info about this raaly,as of yesterdat Dec.19 33 people have signed up already,and 3 are from Michigan.Hope this info can help,you might want to join the crossfireforum it is free. Peter
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    Thanks for letting us know about the rally -- I hope that those of you who are going will keep us posted.

Claire

HOST

• Hi,

I like to know what's the price for a new '08 roadster with all features including nav.?. Please provide me with the dealer information as well. ...PM me at aryan_76@ymail.com
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    Hi, Chariot,

I see that you found the Prices Paid & Buying Experience Forum and posted there too; have you checked the dealer inventory tool at http://www.edmunds.com/? It's in the "Search New Car Listings" area under "New Cars".

Claire

HOST

• At present most of the dealers are not buzzing. One of the reason is that due to web advt. a lot of folks are inquiring about these cars. Dealers perceives this as a good sign and not negotiating price. I think for us to get a good we need to wait in buying for a month or two, and then price will drop further. No matter what they say, dealers are making a killing in these cars. For instance, even selling '08 Roadster @$15,000 they will make net $3000-$5000.

Patience is the virtue! Economy is tanking and there are barely any buyers for 2 st cars. I will wait before contacting any dealer. In mid '08 dealers were shaving off over $18,000 from MSRP...it will get better.
  • I have two Xfires, so I'm not in the market for another, but I'm not sure your idea is the best. It is my understanding that these cars are no longer manufactured, so the inventory (if there are any left) will only go down. The real buzz on the vehicle was in '07 when it was first announced that they were being cut-out. At that time, there was a ton of interest. The discounts were substantial and there were more bought in 6 months than had been sold in the previous 18. If I wanted a new Crossfire, I would make the best deal I could right now. There are also some very nice, low milage ones on e-bay. I love both tmy standard roadster and SRT-6 coupe. They are a lot of fund for the cost and have been virtually trouble-free for me. Good luck.
  • smogdungsmogdung Posts: 349
    I still can't believe I just paid only $17K for a new 08 auto/nav .....unbefreakinglievable!!
  • zq8zq8 Posts: 82
    It is freakinglievable to me !
  • Hello All,

Would anyone please let me know what supplementary packages I should receive in shipping for a fully loaded '08 Limited Roadster? Is dealer needs to send me luggage, wheel cases, CDs etc. separately? I am asking what other materials I should get from the dealer which is not firmly attached to the car. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Please PM me at aryan_76ymail.com.
  • Hello All,

Would anyone please let me know what supplementary packages I should receive in shipping for a fully loaded '08 Limited Roadster? Is dealer needs to send me luggage, wheel cases, CDs etc. separately? I am asking what other materials I should get from the dealer which is not firmly attached to the car. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Please PM me at aryan_76@ymail.com.
  • I haven't heard of anyone within the past year receiving any luggage. If it was included with your car check for "Touring Gear" listed among the standard features on your window sticker. It is usually shipped to your home in about two weeks. Never heard of anyone receiving any wheel cases. If you have navigation, you should have received the navigation CD's along with the owner's manual from the dealer. If you purchased a Chrysler extended warranty, you will receive a packet of papers in the mail in a couple of weeks.
  • smogdungsmogdung Posts: 349
    Chariot, did you buy one already or still getting ready to buy one?