Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest 2004+

Comments

• hondakidhondakid Member Posts: 17
    Hello Samnoe.. I actually purchased this vehicle a few days ago. To give everyone an idea of what I think, here is a c/paste of a review I posted the other day on a different site. Enjoy.

If there are any comments or questions, feel free to ask (that applies to everyone **wink**):

Does It Do Justice .. 2007 Quest 3.5s

Pros:
    Ride, fit and finish, interior space, ease of rear bench stowing, car like drive, comfort, decent gas mileage for it's class, largest interior volume in it's class, wide opening sliding doors (widest in this class), 3.5L engine

Cons:
    Blindspot, foot peddles too close, rear bench uncomfortable, rear bench does not have 60/40 split, 2nd row seats fold flat but don't stow

Review:

Right off the bat, let me say this: I'm very glad I got the 07 over the 06!!!
    So far, I'm very impressed.

If you recall, the 04 to 06 models were dogged by mechanical issues (specifically the 04 brakes). Also, they were "dissed" for it's hideous "innards". If you ask owners, I'm sure Some would also talk about power sliding door issues, rear power hatch etc..

Another problem with Nissan has been the Fit And Finnish. Tons of consumers disliked the cheapnessISH feeling of the interior (whether it be the previous Q or something else)... from simple things like the knobs - to you name it. Rattles were always an issue too.

Personally, if there was even a "whooooooosh" sound, whether inside or out, I'd notice it! All this could make a potential buyer somewhat apprehensive (am I right?)!

So. now that I have the 07, let me say this:

NISSAN FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!

This is one impressive van.

It's great to see that Nissan's kept the "wonderful" aspects of the previous model and totally inialated the negative qualities. This achievement could be a turning point for Nissan.

Lets hope (fingers crossed) that the 2007 Quest makes a mark with dubious consumers.

Now Nissan needs to promote it with the ingenuity it deserves. I for one, will be doing my best ... !

Justice has finally been served!

The details below shows the scores given to each element, by the reviewer, for this model (out of 5 Stars).

Esthetics (95%)
    Exterior: 5
    Interior: 5
    Exterior Finish: 5
    Interior Finish 4

Accessories (88%)
    Commodities and Equipment: 3
    Instrumentation and Controls: 5
    General Ergonomics: 5
    Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning: 5
    Audio System: 4

Space and Access (96%)
    Front Room and Access: 5
    Rear Room and Access: 5
    Trunk Size and Access: 5
    Storage Capacity: 5
    Access to the mechanical components: 4

Comfort (90%)
    Seats: 5
    Driving Position: 5
    Suspension: 4
    Sound Level: 4

Road Handling (86%)
    Steering: 4
    Road Handling: 4
    Braking: 5

Engine and Transmission (96%)
    Overall Performance: 5
    Acceleration: 4
    Kick Down: 5
    Shifter Knob: 5
    Changing Gears: 5

Security (80%)
    Air Bags: 4
    Traction Control / Stability Control: 4
    Mirrors: 5
    Visibility: 3

Vehicle Over-All Score: 90%

HONDAKid
  • sopecreeksopecreek Member Posts: 203
    Did Nissan redesigned brakes for the 2007?
  • hondakidhondakid Member Posts: 17
    I don't believe there was any redesign on brakes for 07. However, if you are referring to brake woes the 04's had, those were corrected.

As far as I know, 05/06 brakes have not been an issue.

HONDAKid
  • bperkbperk Member Posts: 38
    Folks, the only issue with the 04 brakes (which I had) was the poor quality of the rotors. I replaced all my rotors with cryogenics, www.frozenrotors.com and all the warping issues dissapeared. Yes, it sucks that I had to replace them on my own for hundreds of $ but they would have to be replaced anyway at some point, I was just one step ahead of the warranty.
  • carolanddavidcarolanddavid Member Posts: 6
    Got an 07SE couple days ago, black/gray. So far I like it a lot over my 04SE (and my wife's 04SL). Sometimes there aren't many differences in a model in 3 yrs, but this time they are manhy and significant.

CONs
    Fit/finish definitely improved, but as much as I like Nissan - they need to give the guy who designed the front storage asthetics a different job. Here's what some might dislike about it as I do:
    -The driver-side storage area on top of the dash and the open storage areas at knee level on both driver/passenger sides are gone. I miss that; we were very used to having several things conveniently in reach in those nooks. Worse yet, the few drawers they do have don't hold as much. In their place are: * a small one at driver's left knee good for large sunglasses (oh yeah, overhead sunglasses compartment is gone, too), * two opposing drawers at ankle level middle (opposing as in, only one can be open at a time), and * the center box. This box is nicely large. It has a removable CD storage box within it, which lets you take advantage of still more room otherwise completely hidden beneath the inner box. However, that space is forward, up under the center console. In otherwords, if you fill this box it will be like a huge purse you're forever digging through to find something.
    -A stow-away center section. For us and our 3 little ones, it was incredibly convenient (especially in bad weather or during kid-emergencies) and rather easy to swing your legs around into the rear area from the front seat. This was a rarity among minivans. The new console makes it a precarious climb-over for nimble parents and probably near-impossible for the not-so-agile.
    - Another nitpick is they swapped the position of the cruisecontrol OFF button with the COAST button. I keep turning it off instead of coasting lol.

PROs
    If those are the worst problems I have, I can live with it! KUDOs go to them for these feature improvements:

- The integrated voiceresponse cellphone system. So far it's worked terrific and I only had to read the manual once. Well twice counting that if you're not a techie wiz, you might have to go online like I did to get specific instructions for pairing your cell phone to the van. Those instructions were well put together.
    - Having a stereo system input jack right in the middle front (on CD player face). Now we can forget about burning CDs and just plug in our MP3 players. This has worked well, too. Too bad most automakers are so behind in technology like this.
    - Getting the DVD player off the floor and in an accessible location. This is part of why all our favorite storage areas were changed, I realize, but hey I want cake and to eat it too!
    - The computer screen has been helpful by being easy to see & read day or night.
    - AC controls are easier to use. Specific flow-choice buttons replaced the single, press it repeatedly button.
    - Backup camera seems great so far; the distance grid it super-imposes over the video helps you better understand where your back end is (or where other objects are).
    - The driving wheel and turn feels more responsive, or maybe I'm just giddy to be out of my beat-up 04.

miscellaneous:
    -unless i'm just overlooking it, there is no change drawer. there's one about the right size which is not at all easy to use without slots.
    - a set of heavy duty mats should be standard in a minivan
    - crossbars should be included with a roofrack.

This is pretty early on to review a complex vehicle I got a couple days ago, so feel free to ask questions and I'll help if I can.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    I'm not sure it is the "poor" quality of rotors but the rear rotors are definitley undersized. I think they corrected this for 05/06. The other issue is the van uses electronic brake distribution. IN hard braking all four brakes provide equal braking as opposed to the front brakes doing most of the work.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Member Posts: 160
    Hope this don't sound morbid, but, is interesting. Was surfing Factiva, an online database of news, for Nissan Quest articles for the past 3 months. In all the articles I found in which there was a 2004+ Quest involved, the occupants were not injured.

Just reassuring info for us proud Quest owners....
    :)

Mark
    2004 Quest SE
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    I think the Quest is the highest rated mini-van (safety wise)…or was in 05 when we bought ours.

Still would prefer not to find out though…which is why we went for the SE with the stability control.
    Guess I should have been more clear...ha

I should have said:

In all the articles I found in which there was a 2004+ Quest involved in an accident, the occupants were not injured.
    :shades:
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    I've decided to change the oil/filter twice a year (Fall and spring) with Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-30. I use Fram ToughGuard oil filter for better protection. Maybe I'll switch to Fram Extended life next time. We drive about 12K miles a year. Is there anyone out there that's doing a similar routine? How has it worked for you?
  • benduprebendupre Member Posts: 121
    I just got my quest in June and it's getting it's first oil change this week. I will be using a full synthetic, but I haven't picked which one yet.

I talked to the service manager at my dealer about synthetic oil and he said Nissan doesn't have a position on synthetic oil. Then I asked him about extended drains and warranty. He said I needed to change the oil at least every 7500 miles. He also suggested I change the filter at 3750 even if I don't change the oil.

Car oil filters are full-flow filters meaning all the oil has to go through the filter before going to the engine. Because of that design, the filters can't be too efficient because a highly efficient filter would restrict flow. Even the higher end filters aren't very efficient nor are they made for extended use.

So what my plan is to go to the dealer with my oil, get the change done and take an extra filter with me which I will change myself after 3750 miles. I want to get on a 7500 mile schedule so I can get the oil changed and tires rotated at the same time.

On a side note:

There are aftermarket kits that use a strategy called "partial-flow filtration." This strategy is used a lot in hydraulic propel applications for off-highway vehicles. Hydrostatic transmissions use oil to transmit power to the wheels and they require VERRY CLEAN fluid. Basically, a portion of the oil is sent through a super-efficient filter and back to the reservoir. It is not in-line with the oil delivery to the oil galleys in the engine. This filter will clean the entire volume of oil in some periood of time, and will remove almost all particulates.

Someone using a partial-flow filter and a top-of-the-line full synthetic could go 25,000 miles or more between drains. Synthetic oil just doesn't break down like petroleum oil does. It doesn't contain parrafins, the molecules are smaller and more uniform in size. It doesn't require pour-point depressants or viscosity improvers. It's the additives in oil that wear out necessitating frequent changes. Deal with the contaminants and you've got lubrication that will last and last. In fact, contamination build-up will be the only reason you'd have to change it at all.

So, if you want to extend drains, I recommend changing the filter at regular intervals anyway. That is, unless you want to go with an expensive partial-flow mod, but then you might be able to go two years on changes instead of six months.

Ben
  • garandmangarandman Member Posts: 524
    I've decided to change the oil/filter twice a year (Fall and spring) with Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-30. I use Fram ToughGuard oil filter for better protection. Maybe I'll switch to Fram Extended life next time. We drive about 12K miles a year. Is there anyone out there that's doing a similar routine? How has it worked for you?

Our 05 Quest has 34,000 miles on it. We have been using Mobil 1 since the first change at 7,500 miles. We change every 7,500 miles. In the past we have performed oil analysis on several vehicles and determined the oil is doing its job after 7,500 miles - even conventional oils on cargo vans used for towing. We bought four new company vehicles since 05 and put them all on Mobil I from the first change to see how they do. All are changed at the factory recommended 7500 miles.

We try to use either the Mobil I or Purolator Pure I filters as they have synthetic filter elements that are a little more uniform. I don't know who makes the Nissan filters, but most OEM filters are decent or better.

After reading http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html
    I would never use a Fram filter. We don't want to take any chances on that terrific Nissan motor!
    That's very educational. Thanks. Where can I find a "partial-flow filtration" oil filter?
    A few years ago I read from a similar site that rated the Fram Tough Guard fairly good. Of course that site thought the regular Fram was junk too. Every since then I have been using the Fram ToughGuard, seemingly with no problem. But I'm more than willing to give others a try.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Based on all the studies and improvements in motor oil, it seems like the 3month/3000 miles maintenance needs to be reexamined as an industry. If you only drive your vehicle 10k miles a year, change the oil every 6 months. Or if you are over 15k miles, change it every 7500 miles. Or soomething like that.

Another way to weed our oil "habit"
    Just checked the mpg for the last 5900 miles (up to 34,000).

Average was 21.9. Low was 17.8 and highwas 29.5, but both those were partial tanks.
    The standard 16" rim on the Quest is 6.5" wide and has a 40 mm offset. The standard rims on most Maximas and Altimas seem to be 17", 7" wide with a 35 or 40 mm offset.

We bought some 2004 Maxima take-offs. They are 7" wide and have 35mm offset. This moves the contact patch 1mm in and 11mm out. We weren't concerned because the rolling diameter is the same or less and folks are using 235 width tires that are at least 10mm wider in each direction.

We will use the 16" rims for snow tires.

• benduprebendupre Member Posts: 121
    Do a google search on "Bypass oil filter" and you will find lots of information. It's commonly used on heavy equipment and diesel trucks. It might be alittle harder to find an automotive sized kit, but they're out there. I also suggest reading The Motor Oil bible. There's great info there about synthetics and filtration.

Ben
    Nissan to shift 2 cars out of U.S.

Associated Press

TOKYO -- Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. plans to move production of two vehicles to Japan from the United States to save costs on automobiles produced in smaller quantities, according to a news report Sunday.

Nissan will move production of the Quest minivan and the Infiniti QX56 sport utility vehicle from the company's plant in Canton, Miss., over 2008-09, Japan's Nihon Keizai business daily said. The paper did not identify its sources.

Nissan said it sold 40,000 Quests and 15,000 QX56s in North America in 2005.

The Mississippi plant's pickup truck production would increase.
    Why was this thread closed anyway? Sometimes I have hard time keeping up with all the changes in Edmunds...
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, sopecreek,

You can read more about the recent changes in our Forums Software -- Your Questions Answered discussion, but the most important thing is that the main Quest topic is up and running again. Welcome back :-)

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

I agree, at least they've reopened some of the basic forums, such as this one. I too didn't think it made sense. Now I just hope more members/owners come back....
  • exploder750exploder750 Member Posts: 159
    In an attempt to change format to smaller & more diverse discussions, you went "read only" on "Nissan Quest 2004+ Problems & Solutions." Since then, with the exception of a few tire posts, it seems as though virtually all 2004+ Problems & Solutions discussion has disappeared. For a short time, you removed "read only" from the original 2004+ Problems & Solutions thread, then you locked it again. My point is that 2004+ Quest is substantially different from all previous Quests, and the original thread is an excellent place to share & track problems. Can you please unlock it again? Thanks.
  • rbudn83510rbudn83510 Member Posts: 23
    Hello, just purchased a 2005 quest base model with 3000 miles. I need the rear seat headrests in beige cloth!!! If anybody knows where i can get them used please let me know..i have been searching everywhere! Thank you!
    email me at robertnj63@aol.com if you have any ideas!
  • exploder750exploder750 Member Posts: 159
    Ebay or a dealer are probably your best bets. Not many junk yards will have 2004+ Quests on hand for parting out.
    To get this board back to life, here's an update on our van. We bought it in June 05 and it now has 18K trouble free miles. We get about 21 mpg in mixed driving. The van is a stylish and comfortable family hauler. Couldn't ask for much more.
    I'll continue.

Or 05 SE bought in June 05 has 20K miles. We get 17-18 mpg in mixed driving...which bothered me until I looked at the average speed (reset at each fill up). An average speed of 20 mph is not going to give good mileage.

Passenger sliding door is making strange noises...like squishing Styrofoam...have to check to make sure nothing is jammed in there.

A few of the squeaks bother me...but is usually masked by the other noises of child seats, loose change, DVD floating around, etc.

Even though this van originally can out in 04, we still (5-6 times a year) get comments from strangers on how “awesome” it.

On a side note...I've finally discovered how to drive it “smooth”. The van would shift hard during normal driving. What I found was that driving manual for approx 20 years has trained my right foot to lift slightly just before the [non-permissible content removed] would occur. In order to drive it smoothly I have to apply a constant throttle position...and keep myself from glancing at the tach. If only they placed a 6 speed manual in the thing :)
  • harvejeharveje Member Posts: 6
    Our 05' was bought 11-28-04, has 26K miles gets sucky mileage due to waiting in car lines to pick kids up, letting it idle in parking lots while kids watch TV and stay warm or cool while wife shops, etc... no major problems just the squeeks and noises, basket dings, bumps, scraps, dents, added a hitch to haul a jet ski, added DVD with 4 headrest monitors, gps says it will run at least 120 mph hehe. Looking for more upgrades, wheels, better monitors, etc.
  • offset_98offset_98 Member Posts: 31
    Anyone notice the HP ratings on the Quest went DOWN for 2007? There's no mention anywhere of it...anyone know why?
    new ratings...the engine makes the same amount of power as before.

There was a Detroit article that mentioned a large number of Japanese manufacturers had their numbers go down while the domestics remained the same or went up slightly.

numbers are just numbers...as long as it performs the same...
  • offset_98offset_98 Member Posts: 31
    Makes sense...I saw that article, I just didn't put two and two together. Thanks.
    There were two ratings previously - one for Premium and one for Regular. I don't know if that's still the case.
  • kcdewittkcdewitt Member Posts: 1
    I have just purchased a "used" 2006 Quest with 21k miles on it, and the car is to say the least, an awesome vehicle. I have a question for you out there though about some squeaks and groans that I am hearing...are these normal? I have never had a car that made these kinds of noises. The driver's rear door shakes and rattles during normal driving, and there is something in the very back that seems to squeak as well. Any help out there? :confuse:
  • cirrusscirruss Member Posts: 87
    The 04 Quest did have a lot of door rattles, and Nissan put out a fix to address all the problems. The 05 and 06 shouldn't have any door rattles. Since your van should still be under warranty, I would definitely use that to its fullest and take it to a dealer and have them address ALL your concerns. That's what the warranty is for.

I recently complained to the dealer about my 04 Quest with the clock being too fast. It added about 3-4 minutes a month. Everybody thought I was crazy, but it was a real inconvenience for me. The dealer finally agreed to replace the LCD module (the clock is inside), and voila - it's fixed.
  • cableguy06cableguy06 Member Posts: 299
    I had an 04 Quest SE loaded with every available option. Stickered at over $39K. My wife and I loved the looks of the van and the massive amount of interior space. My big issue is that this van was a bundle of rattles and squeeks and always sounded like it was falling apart. Took it to numerous dealers and they stated the problem is inherent in all 04 Quest's and that Nissan is addressing the quality concerns. Actually read an article about this several months later which confirmed Nissan sent over 200 engineers from Japan to the US to help resolve the massive quality concerns. I wish I knew this before purchasing but could not find anything negative at the time. Purchased around April of 2004.

Since then, I have traded it in on an 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring loaded with NAV and DVD and couldn't be happier. What I find fascinating is that Nissan sent me numerous letters apologizing for the many issues with the 2004 Quest and encouraged me, with heavy financial incentives, to trade up but I was unwilling to take that risk. The Quest had under 8K miles and was in MINT condition and I took a bath. Paid about $35K and got $25K. I just couldn't come to grips with the constant door rattles and everyone's inavility to solve the problem.

No more Nissan vans for me! My 2004 Murano though is one SWEET vehicle that I would highly recommend to everyone.
    The posts about audio equipment have been moved here:

Nissan Quest Audio System Questions

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• sudsy81sudsy81 Member Posts: 2
    just purchased a new 2007 quest 3.5S with the power package!!!
  • cleelandcleeland Member Posts: 18
    I also had an '04, though in SL trim, that was an absolutely horrible experience. In many states it would have automatically qualified for lemon-law buyback, but not in Missouri, whose laws are heavily slanted towards the manufacturers (since Missouri used to have much of its economy dependent upon automakers). Mine was an extremely early build, with a build date in the first week of June 2003.

Unlike cableguy06, I decided to give the incentives a try and picked up an '06 SE in July of '06 just when the '07s were starting to roll out. Thus far we've had exactly one problem with the '06--a failure of one of the tire pressure monitors. The experience is completely unlike that of our '04.

Nissan was still a monumentally horrible company to deal with for customer service issues, and the original dealer from which I bought the vehicle was reprehensibly useless. Certainly the incentives were the only reason I considered another Nissan product, but I found another dealer that was actually decent, too.

For those out there who think I might be a troll, you're quite wrong. Look at the now-closed original "problems/questions board" and you'll find my name dating nearly all the way back to the beginning. The '04s had problems--lots of them. From my own experience, it appears they may have actually resolved most of them, which is a good thing.
  • marylander1marylander1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been a Quest SE owner since Jul, 2004 (paid over $38K for a loaded SE). I have had so many problems with this car, you will not believe (SOUNDING LIKE IT IS FALLING APART: squeeks, rattles, doors shakes, sounds of metal hitting metal, rear seats sounds, steering wheel, wheel alignment and many more). A quick online search made me realize I am not alone with having these problems and many others. The sad thing is Nissan does not care and will not do anything about it, except offering you a huge loss in a trade in value and selling you another Quest. Do they really think people are that stupid?
    Now you would imagine that their customer service should be so good to relief some of the burden of their clients, won't you? Well that is not the case. Here is a quick synopsis of what happened lately: I was surprised to discover that my Credit Score dropped substantially due to NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. - the financial side of Nissan USA) claim that my April 2005 payment had not been made – a claim that I disputed with the Credit Bureau in question. I called NMAC 3 times to rectify what is an incorrect claim. Each of the 3 calls involved at least half an hour or so of explaining and holding the phone and resulted in the line going dead from their end without any response from NMAC. I submitted a written certified request to NMAC management, for clarification which remains unanswered for more than a month now. NMAC are now claiming that the April 05 payment is made on time but a couple of payments were late in 2006 (this claim went to the Credit Bureau mind you, complete and utter neglect to their client).
    I must question Nissan's Customer service and record keeping, not mentioning how Nissan treat their loyal customers, by reporting them to Credit Bureaus even for false reporting.
    Although I am quite certain these incorrect claims could be cleared up if I could get anyone from NMAC to respond to me, I have had to transfer this issue to my lawyer to take the necessary action to rectify the situation and claim for damages.
    ANYONE CONSIDERING DOING BUSINESS WITH NISSAN OR NISSAN MOTOR ACCEPTANCE CORP. IS WELL ADVISED NOT TO BOTHER!
  • pokerchips69pokerchips69 Member Posts: 2
    After the seemingly endless re-calls, I'm sucking it up and trading our 2004 Quest (and the remainder of our payments) for a 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. I'd rather have no payments and deal with the Wagoneer problems as they arise.
    Can't say I've been too happy with the Quest...MPG, rattles, re-calls, customer service.
    Interesting…today I received a letter from a local Nissan dealer about a “buy back” program they are offering. This letter states that they are looking to increase their inventory of used quality vehicles.

I’m not sure if the amount they would offer would pay our outstanding balance…but my wife said she doesn’t want anything else (other than a BMW :) ).

We’ve only had one recall (05 SE)…the second row releases…what other ones have you had? MPG…not so great (or not as good as I hoped), rattles…a couple…mostly from the front DVD, and now passenger side sliding door…customer service – yes, very bad.

Not sure if we’d buy another Quest, but all the Odyssey owners I know (ok…only 4) have had their trannies replaced (some a couple times). Don’t know any Sienna owners (not a Toyota fan…would go Kia first).
    the problems you guys are experiencing with your Quests. Our 05 Quest is still happily chugging along with just over 20K miles. The mileage has noticably improved over the past year, from 20 mpg to ~22 mpg with the same kind of driving. No problem to report as of yet. We still love our Quest. Hope you guys will eventually have the issues resolved soon.
    Hi, Gary,

Since we have a discussion for brake issues, I've moved your post and its responses there: Nissan Quest Brake Issues

I've moved the posts about doors freezing and squeaking to our existing Nissan Quest Door and Window Issues discussion, so that members looking for info about these issues will be able to find them easily.

I don't understand why Edmunds feels such need for sub-groups. One for the door, one for the brakes, where does this end? Why don't we get rid of this forum? What's left to discuss here? Yeah, go ahead and delete my post.
    I tried to find a sub-group titled "Satisfied with no problems after 36k miles" but didn't exist. ;)

Our just turned 45k miles, 2004 Quest SE, and we still love it!
    :shades:
    Maybe you should create one...No! :)

Our 05 just passed the 20K mile mark. Still runs like new.
  • tjshantjshan Member Posts: 28
    I used this forum extensively befor buying our 06 SE in May of 2006 and found it very helpful. that was befor the administrator went and chopped up the threads and efectively killed the interest and zeal of the posters.

Now, just a few months later, there are hardly any new posts...It is unfortunate.

Administrator...please take note
    Just passed 31 K, 05 SL runs better than new (except a squeak from driver side sliding door area.) I had an accident at the end of last year due to my fault, about $5K damage to the front covered by insurance. Two days ago, almost had another one with left-turning car that just froze in my lane when she realized she would not make it. With 6 adults in the van, somehow my Quest stopped with literally inches left to the other car. The ABS worked perfectly and my friends were impressed. It was even more impressive since the brake pads (original) must have been pretty worn with this mileage. Still original tires, but will need to change them around 35K, I expect.
    Check it out at Tirerack.com. You can now choose Yokohama tires for your Quest with 16" original. Great reviews you can find on the Avid TRZ. You don't need to buy the Goodyear anymore. And it's about $40 cheaper per tire.

Yokohama AVID TRZ
    (Standard Touring All-Season)

Size: 225/65HR16
    Serv. Desc: 99H
    UTQG: 700 A B Price: $92.00 (each)
    Estimated Availability: In Stock