Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• cknappcknapp Member Posts: 3
    Lexie, what makes you say that their Customer Service sucks? Anything beside what you've written in another message about getting your service refund check?
  • lexielexie Member Posts: 45
    I am assume you work for them. Getting in touch with the finance manager to cancel the EW was a pain in the rear. I faxed the request and got a call back. I mailed the cancellation form in and followed up after two weeks with an email. No response. I left a voice mail, no response. Prior to the first follow up, I sent an email asking her about the discrepancy (7/100K vs 7/75K), no response. I got fed up and called Honda Care. They told me that the warranty has been canceled and the check (credit) has been mailed back to the dealership because the loan has been paid off. If it has, it was not paid off by me. I also asked about the 7/75K miles on the contract and Honda Care told me that that was what the dealership provided to them. On the contract I signed w/ Burt, it has the 7/100,000 miles. I called the finance manager and she said 'maybe American Honda made a mistake' - this is the same person who told me that once I cancel, I cannot buy another policy for the same car, the same person who told me that I had to buy it then otherwise I could not get it later. Not convincing even if Honda did make a mistake. I asked why my loan was circled 'paid off' and she uttered something...like she didn't know and gave me someone else's phone # to call. To sum it up, it was a BIG hassle...not getting a response back was a huge frustration! I told a former co worker where I got my car and she said "... they actually helped you???". That says a lot.
  • kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    Looking for the best price to buy the Honda care 7 Years,100,000 Miles Plan A70 or B70 Warranty. What is the most reasonable pricing any of you have paid and where. My dealer offered it to me for too much money and I passed on it. What is reasonable? $50.00 to 100.00 over dealer cost. Any idea's on where to buy it.

Also are the warranties transferable to the next owner.

Thanks,

First time Honda owner.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Search is your friend :-)

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hondacare/warranty.htm

http://www.jayhondacare.com

http://www.curryhondacare.com

http://www.griffithhondacare.com/HondaCareMain/HondaCare_Start.cfm

Yes, it can be transferred one time to a new owner for a $50 service charge. It is also pro-rated refunded should your car be stolen or totalled or should you trade it in.

Because of the pro-rated refund I always advise folks to wait until just before 24 months/24k miles to buy - the price is the same and you will get back more of your money if you ever do cancel.

Dennis
  • anu_shrianu_shri Member Posts: 13
    Please do yourself a favour.call "pohanka of salisbury" they give the same warranty 7yr/100k 0 deductible for $1069.
    i asked her to send the quote, took the printout to my dealer and he matched it. if your dealer dont match, dont worry you can take it from the pohanka and it will be valid everywhere...
    anu_shri
    I apprecate you listing and linking the dealers for me... :)
    I apprecate you listing and linking the dealers for me... :)
  • sicily2sicily2 Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a 2005 Honda Odyssey. We were offered the opportunity to buy a package that involves special treatment of the interior and exterior. It was
    described as an "environmental" package. We keep our vehicles a long time, so
    believe this sounds like a good opportunity to help keep the Odyssey clean and like new for quite a while.

Is anyone familiar with this? Thanks.

New Honda Odyssey owner
    It is waste of money - extra profit for the dealer, so stay away.

If you have cloth interior you can Scotch Guard it yourself (or pay a small shop to do it) for a fraction of the cost. If you got leather, just get some Lexol cleaner and conditioner to keep the leather clean and "healthy".

For the exterior frequent hand washings and a hand wax a couple of times a year and you will be fine. Even if you pay a detailer to do the wax it is not that expensive. A guy comes to our office and does the cars right on the lot - $25-30 for cleaning inside and out and $60-80 for a cleaning and wax.

Dennis
    If your Honda (or Acura) is stolen, totaled or traded you can get a pro-rated refund on the purchase price of your HondaCare warranty.

I was told at one time that this is based on the date YOU PURCHASE the warranty and not the date you purchase the CAR. If you call HC customer service most of the folks will tell you that it is when the car was purchased. This is just not correct. They plug your info into their computer and it gives them back a quote - what you paid, the percentage you get back, and a dollar figure which is (what you paid * percentage you get back) - $25 cancel fee.

Since I traded a car in this weekend I called to cancel my HC warranty. Even though the C/S rep didn't UNDERSTAND how it worked nor could she EXPLAIN the numbers - they work out to what I have been telling everyone: buy late, get more back.

In my case the in-service date of the car was 03/26/2001, on 03/18/2003 I purchased a 7yr/75k/$0 HC warranty for $825 - this warranty would run through 03/26/2008. My cancel date was 06/26/2005.

The warranty was to run 2,557 days - if purchased on the day the car went into service. There are 1,553 days between in-service and cancel dates. So by what the C/S rep SAID:

1,553 / 2,557 * 100.0 = 60.7% of the warranty used or a 39.3% refund.

$825 * 0.393 - $25 = $299.25 refunded

If you figure the number of days between the end date of the warranty (03/26/2008) and the purchase date (03/18/2003) you get 1,835 days. Now figure the number of days I "used" the HC warranty (03/18/2003 to 06/26/2005) = 832.

831 / 1,835 * 100.0 = 45.3% of the warranty used or a 54.7% refund.

No matter what the C/S rep SAID - her computer told her to tell me my refund was 54.7% of the purchase price of $825 less the $25 fee = $426 due back to me.

So I always THOUGHT it worked this way and know I KNOW it works this way - the computer at HC exactly matches what I figured for myself.

Please note that these are based on TIME or MILES which ever nets you the LEAST refund. So if I had driven 50,000 miles of the 75,000 allowed I would not have gotten back 54.7%. I think the miles pro-rate works the same way - they take the miles at purchase from the total miles, then take the miles you drove from purchase to cancellation and get the percentage of use. They compare the days used VS miles used percentages and use the larger percentage of use to figure the refund.

Example on miles:

0 miles when new, 20,000 miles at warranty purchase of a 100,000 mile warranty. Cancel at 70,000. Miles "allowed" in this case is 80,000 and you used 50,000 so:

50,000 / 80,000 * 100.0 = 62.5% used or a 37.5% refund.

Does that make sense? If not - just remember if you don't need the few (very few) benefits of having HC overlap the Honda warranty then wait until just under 24 months or 24,000 miles to purchase with no extra fee. Or you can wait until just under 36/36k and pay a $60 extra fee.

Note that in MY case if I had waited another year (to 36/36k) to purchase MY HondaCare I would have had to pay $60 more (plus any price increases from Honda) but I would have gotten back $563 rather than the $426 they are going to return - even if the price did not go up! So had I waited I would have been better off.

Dennis
  • lbj52lbj52 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone had any experience with Automotive Warranty Service, Inc. out of Chicago? I told a friend what I had read on this forum about people unknowingly buying non HC extended warranties from their dealers. She checked hers and discovered it was from AWC, Inc. :( She is in her warranty period now, so it is too late to make a change. She said the dealer never said it was a third party supplier. Would appreciate any info another forum reader might have.
  • desseekingcardesseekingcar Member Posts: 30
    This taken directly from curryhonda.com
    Things not covered!

Parts other than genuine HONDA or AMERICAN HONDA authorized parts; wiper blades; battery (except for the nickelmetal hydride battery in hybrid VEHICLES); cables; steering wheel; belts; radiator hoses; heater hoses and vacuum hoses; spark plugs; plug wires; distributor cap and rotor; timing belt replacement when performed as routine maintenance: exhaust system, head pipes, tailpipes, catalytic converter; mufflers; hangars; heat shields; gaskets (except for the manifold block gaskand related fastening hardware); fuel system; fuel tank straps; fuel hoses; brake system wear items such as drums/rotors, shoes/pads; clutch disc, clutch pressure plate; throw out bearing, external shift linkages; pilot bearing/bushing; glass, mirror glass, body structure (except for hood hinges, trunk hinges, door hinges and sliding door rollers), hood fenders, doors, rear hatch, trunk lid, grille, panels; bright metal; sheet metal; paint (except for covered hinges painted to match the original VEHICLE color only); bumpers; moldings; lenses; bezels; bulbs (except for instrument panel illumination bulbs); HiIntensity Discharge (HID.) headlamps; sealed beams; fuses; body seals; weather-strips (except for window sash and windowrun channels); outside ornamentation; emblems; tires; valve stems; wheels; wheel covers/ornaments; rims; trim rings; caps; wheel studs; lug nuts; wheel locks; fastening/securing hardware for non-covered components; stripped or cross threaded fasteners (e.g., nuts, bolts, studs, screws, etc.); body seals; squeaks, rattles; buttons; carpet; dash pad; console; window handles; knobs; boots; pedals; pads; rearview mirror (except for electronic failure of the auto-dimming mirror); interior trim; upholstey; floor mats; electronic/audio accessories and cellular telephones other than AMERICAN HONDA AUTHORIZED ELECTRONIC/AUDIO ACCESSORIES/NAVIGATIONAL, DVD ENTERTAINMENT AND SECURITY SYSTEMS; Safety Restraint System fastening hardware; seat belts and airbag(s) deployed due to collision. If YOU believe there is a defect in these parts, please contact YOUR DEALER immediately.

To me this sounds like a list of some of the most likely things needing replacement during the so-called "warrenty" time. I'm still thinking that the EW is not worth it at all or waiting until the "just under 24/24" time frame and reassessing the need for EW!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,945
    maybe i'm missing something, but it sounds just like the standard factory bumper-to-bumper warranty to me.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• desseekingcardesseekingcar Member Posts: 30
    Exactly....you are a wise one!

HondaCare covers/doesn't cover almost exactly what the "bumper-to-bumper" warrenty does/does not..

You do the math...how much for this EW....you almost have to hope for something major to go wrong, but not to major...because your never going to have full coverage...there will always be something you end up paying for out of pocket...kinda like going to the doctor for a cold....they end up telling you they've found 4 million other things wrong that your going to have to pay for.... :P
    It is just insurance, and all the major and costly things are covered.

With Hondas coming with a short warranty and having a reasonable, factory backed extended warranty it seems a good deal to me. Also, you do get a pro-rated refund if your car is stolen, totalled or traded. It can also net you larger money if you sell your car later with a "Honda 100k mile warranty" - maybe even more than the plan cost you, since once past 42/42k you can't buy a HC warranty for a car.

Dennis
  • beer4704beer4704 Member Posts: 46
    I would think the CAT would be covered. Is that just Honda or all manufacturers? I am considering getting 5/100/0 when I approach 24K which will be about one year old. I drive a lot of miles every year. The mechanical part of the Pilot doesn't scare me too much, but, the electronic side does. I mean, who is going to fix their Nav system at the kitchen table like you could an old carb from your '64 Chevy! I have been quoted $795 plus tax for the aforementioned HC warranty. I think I will go back and get it at some point.
    $795 sounds like a nice price for a 5/100/0 HC for a pilot. Is this your local dealer? I don't know that I have seen a discount online HC dealer with a price that low.

I will likely get the HC plan for my wife's Accord right before 24/24k and for sure will on my S2000 (I KNOW I am keeping my car for a long time, and she thinks she wants to keep the Accord).

Let us know how you make out on price, and if that dealer wants to sell more HC plans at a deep discount :-)

Dennis
  • beer4704beer4704 Member Posts: 46
    That figure is just a match on another web based HC offer that is listed on this thread (hondaacuraworld?). Yes, the verbal deal I have is from the local Dealer here in NJ, Willis Honda. They only came across when I went online with their computer to show them what was available on the web. I might be proved wrong in the end but I still think I will get it just before 24K or perhaps 36k.
  • jchiujchiu Member Posts: 10
    I own a 04 Pilot and the best deal I found for my extended warranty is from Dick Brooks Honda in SC. I paid $745.00 for 5 years and 100,000 miles with no deductible. I was told that it is only $35.00 above their cost.
  • risa00risa00 Member Posts: 17
    Where do you pick up a cancellation form at? I'm glad I discovered this thread because I will save myself hundreds of dollars. Boy the dealership really screwed me over. That's what I get for being a first time car buyer. :(
    You can get it from the dealer, or just call the HondaCare customer service number (I posted this a couple of times in the forum or it should be on your paperwork) and ask them to fax you a form.

I posted the number a while back, so I searched it up for you:

Honda Care Customer service: (800) 999-5901

Dennis
    Actually, des, I was pointing out that BECAUSE it covers the same as the bumper-to-bumper, but for MUCH longer, it IS a good deal, IMHO.

Now, this depends on the car, in my opinion, as well. Frankly, if I had a 4-cylinder manual transmission accord or civic, I probably wouldn't opt for the plan. But that's me.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• wildfire6299wildfire6299 Member Posts: 2
    Has anybody actually purchased the Honda Care Extended Warranty from College Hills Honda? They definitely have the lowest price, but they are not a member of the Better Business Bureau. Just wanted some past experiences. Also, when I purchased my 2005 Honda CRV the dealer first offered me a quote of $1900. After I told him about College Hills Honda, he gave me a quote of $1300. He also told me to beware of buying this warranty from the internet - especially from Ohio. I was told I had to buy from him.

Thanks for any help.
    I have not purchased from College Hills, but I am sure someone on the
    forum has.

You can purchase from any Honda dealer - if they are licensed to sell
    Honda cars they can sell you a HC policy, they are all the same.

I used the dealer locator on the Honda web page and they came right up. Just search using their ZIP (44691) on the main page at www.hondacars.com .

Pay with a credit card and inspect the contract carefully when you get it (right deductible, right mile and year limits) and you should be just fine.

I got the HC for my S2000 from Balise Honda in CT over the Internet - no problems. This is just "Free money" for these dealers - they are willing to price these for a little over cost and all it costs them is the web page and a few minutes to fill out the paperwork.

I always recommend you wait until just before 24k or 24 months on your Honda before you purchase, however.

Dennis
  • lexielexie Member Posts: 45
    I was told the same thing so I got it from the dealer and later had to cancel as I was paying over $400 more. I was also told that once I cancel, I cannot get another warranty for the same car - not true according to American Honda. It has been two months since I attempted to cancel and the refund still has not gone back to American Honda. I was told the check was mailed last week. It has been one frustrating experience :sick: I am also interested to know about College Hill Honda. I am looking to purchasing again once this transaction has been completed.
  • aec1aec1 Member Posts: 21
    You may get a good price at Ray Laks Honda in Western New York.
  • andysly5andysly5 Member Posts: 5
    I bought a Pilot last week - unfortunately without reading through this thread first. I bought HC 5yr/100k/$0ded plan for $1595. Then I read all the great info here so I went to the dealer to ask for a price match. I was armed with printouts of the College Hills page and the Hondacuraworld page and showed them to the finance guy. First he says the price is IMPOSSIBLE. There MUST be some hidden charges because his cost is way higher than the $795 Hondacuraworld is charging. I keep telling him it would be worth my effort to cancel the warranty and call Hondacuraworld to find out.

He says that maybe Honda is running a "special" and asks me to give him until Monday to find out what he can do on the price.

So I'll wait to see what he says on Monday. If he can match or come pretty close then I'll take it. If not, then hello cancellation form!!!

I'll report back next week.
    I wonder if HondaAcuraWorld just has old prices up? They show Prelude and Passport prices - and those are no longer made. I checked their price on a 7/75k/$0 S2000 warranty and their current price is about what I paid more than 2 years ago.

You can always cancel and get the full refund, but I think I would call HondaAcuraWorld and confirm the price before cancelling. If they give you a higher price then make the dealer match that price or the one from Curry/CollegeHills/etc.

Dennis
  • andysly5andysly5 Member Posts: 5
    Unfortunately, Honda Care will not provide you with a cancellation form. I just tried calling the 800# and was told I have to get it from the dealer.
    They just faxed me one the other day. I needed to get the dealer to sign it and I got my HC from a dealer in MA (I am in TN) so they told me to just fax it back and they would take care of getting the dealer to sign it.

If the dealer is local, I can see why they would want you to get it from them - since they have to sign the form. If you purchased from an online dealer, they seem to be willing to work with you (or me, as is the case) to take care of it. if your dealer is local and will not cooperate, then I would call HC HQ back and tell them the story and they should fax you over a form and help you as well.

Dennis
  • sportymonksportymonk Member Posts: 258
    Just bought my first Honda (Pilot EX-L) and when tghe finance manager offered the warranty (and the polyglycoat, etc) I said no thanks, I could do better than that. He asked if it was HondaCare. I said yes. HE asked how much. I showed him my figures from Coolege Hills and Hondacuraworld (hondacuraworld was better price slightly). He said that was $100 less than he could do. I bought the 6 year / 100,000 miles / 0 ded for $960. The savings on the $50 ded wasn't worth it as two claims and you will be lossing money.

I also bought my cargo cover, splash guards, crossbars, and crago liner from Hondacuraworld at considerable savings over retail.
  • smittyokcsmittyokc Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 7yr 75Kmi HondaCare warranty online from Jay Honda in Ohio www.jayhondacare.com. I checked pricing and they were a little cheaper than College Hills Honda. I paid $895 for the 0 deductible for my new Odyssey. It's amazing the difference in pricing quoted for these things, even comparing online pricing. Online pricing was from $895 to $1100 for the same contract. My local dealer tried to sell me a 3rd party agreement for $1450 w/$50 deductible.
  • etimojubaetimojuba Member Posts: 1
    why wait for 24months or 24k?
    why wait for 24months or 24k?

There is no additional fee (unless the price goes up) if you buy before your car is 24 months old or has 24,000 miles on it.

The warranty has a pro-rated refund should your car be stolen, totaled, or you trade it in. The later you wait to buy the policy the more you will get back. I have posted examples of the calculations here in the past to show just how much (it is a good amount) more you would get back.

There are very few benefits the HC policy until the 3/36k runs out, so no reason to buy now and extra money back if you wait.

I recently traded my 2001 S2000 for a 2005 S2000 and cancelled my HC - since I waited until right at 24 months I got a nice bit back (over 1/2 of what I paid).

I can point you to the other postings if you want to crunch the numbers.

Dennis
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    I have a Honda Care Extended Warranty, and my vehicle needs an A/C compressor. I have been waiting two weeks for the part, (AC compressor). As of today, I am now entering the third week. Honda DOES NOT HAVE A "parts support system" for this program! ------ If I am already waiting two weeks for an A/C compressor, how long would I wait for a transmission? What kind of service could I expect while on a road trip? The Honda Care Extended Warranty Program is a joke! It covers everything "on paper", but covers NOTHING in reality! Honda doesn't understand that you cannot repair vehicles, (under the terms and conditions of a warranty program), without a supply of replacement parts. An AC compressor should be an "off the shelf item" at a Honda dealer. If I am waiting two weeks for an AC compressor, would I also wait two weeks for an alternator or starter? This "parts issue" is a way to control money flow out of the program. The customer who needs the vehicle, will forget the warranty, and take it to an independent shop and get it repaired. As soon as the 2006 vehicles hit the market, this Honda Accord Lemon is history. I will look at GM vehicles, such as, Chevrolet Impala and Buick Park Ave.. But while I am still driving this vehicle, (without AC), I have put a sign in the driver's read door window. It states: ---"Honda Care Extended Warranty is a fraud! ---No parts available for repairs! ---Ask me!--- Honda Lemon! --- Don't purchase a Honda!" You see, I like to share the Honda Experience with everyone. ------Best regards. Dwayne
    LOL! Hope folks remember that sign when you try to sell it.

So... have you had other issues aside from the one A/C repair?

I don't see what in the world this has to do with a Honda Care warranty. It is a shame that Honda does not have any compressors to repair the car, but that is the issue.

What I would do is rather than spending your time posting these messages all over the place is use your time calling around to see if INDEED you can find a compressor to fit your car someplace. Perhaps the dealer you are using has some other agenda, but if you call around to other dealers and the online Honda parts place and act like you want to BUY a compressor and see what they say. If you find one (and you confirm it is the right part) then confront your dealer with the part and ask that they obtain it and install it. If you can't find one yourself, then THAT is the problem - not the HondaCare warranty. Be sure you have the right part number and make sure what you find is a Honda part - then you will know for sure where the problem is.

Dennis
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    djm2:

Your problem is with one particular dealer's service department. It has nothing to do with Honda's vehicles or Honda's warranty.

Your dealer is trying to brush you off. Go to another shop.
  • cudohocudoho Member Posts: 15
    Dennis and everyone
    you are one heck of a well informed consumer and thank you for the research and knowledge. I just got a new 05 pilot yesterday and will wait until 24m/24K to buy HC
    My questions:
    If I wait until 24M/24K to buyHC, am I also taking a risk that the HC program will increase in price significantly?
    When you buy HC thru internet dealer, can they set up so that you can pay the HC amount monthly with HC fin. proggram using a credit card?

thank you
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    .....let me echo cud's appreciation on the 24k aspect of HC..........

I'm sked to pick-up an '05 Accord this PM; plan to deflect all dealer assaults on HC (armed with the perception/insight gained via these helpful threads...........

all the best.....ez :)
    There IS a risk that Honda could raise the price between now and 24 months or whenever you hit 24k miles. What are the chances, I could not say - but I would not expect it to be any HUGE increase in price if it does go up.

I think all the online dealers will just take a credit card for the purchase. I don't think they would be able to add this to your monthly payment or anything like the local dealer can. Of course, if your local dealer would sell you the HC plan for what the online dealers can do then there would be a little less incentive to wait for 24/24 to buy.

Unless you need the (very limited) benefits you get now with the coverage, I would just wait. You never know if down the road you will want to trade your truck, or it gets totalled or stolen and you will want the max amount back. BTW, I just got the refund check for my 2001 S2000 HC cancellation in the mail yesterday - how sweet it is!

Dennis
  • tollhaustollhaus Member Posts: 10
    I'm picking up a 2001 Accord with 76,000 miles next week. Is it worth getting an EW for it? The few links I followed all seemed to say that the car can't be older than 42 months/42,000 miles for a HC warranty.
    What about third party options? Does anyone know of any good options for me, or should I just go w/out?
  • paglapagla Member Posts: 11
    Bought Hondacare 7/100K with 0 ded with my new Pilot EX-L - paid $1100. It took my dealer only five minutes to comedown from initial quote of 2000 to 1100. I know I could have reduced it another $50 ... but by then I was tired.

I was surprized to find that it was cheaper from the dealer than web...
    I think I would just do without. The HC is the one to have and you can't get it. I don't trust 3rd party warranty companies (just ask all the folks you had "Warranty Gold" coverage) so I would not buy one of those. You could call the HC assistance line and see if there is a HC warranty on this car, if so and you could track down the owner that purchased it you can transfer it to your name for $50 (and whatever you have to pay the purchased to let you do it).

Does this car have a timing belt that should have been changed at 60k? If so, make sure it was done or pay to have it done.

Dennis
  • cableguycableguy Member Posts: 1
    Dennis

thanks for all the good information- you saved me money as well- dealer wanted me to buy w/in 30 days or "I could never ever get the extended warranty "! This led me to Edmunds/your advice.

Surprised me- as this is a very reputable dealer, however, finance manager is new/transferred from another dealership-

greatly appreciate your advice..
  • dgsxrrdgsxrr Member Posts: 20
    I just purchased a 2002 Accord Ex. V6 coupe with 99,000 mi. ($12,000.). I really wanted the car and it's in excellent shape. The Honda Dealership told me the only poss. extended warranty option for me was-24,000 mi./24 mo. for $1,500. I took it knowing I can cancel within 30 days for a total refund going to the loan. I'm late in my research on EW options. It seems that most of the EW are for cars with < 24,000 mi. What are your thoughts? Thanks for the help! :shades:

I drive 90 mi. /day.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    dgsxrr,

Were you quoted all that money for a Honda-branded warranty, or is it with a third party company? What are the details of the coverage? What are the exclusions? You have to read the small print to see if the purchase makes sense to you.

I would ask for a copy to take home and read.
  • dgsxrrdgsxrr Member Posts: 20
    The warranty is through Honda and if I didn't buy it at that time I wasn't going to be able to purchase it at a later date; but I could cancel at anytime for a full refund.

My real prob. right now is I hit a fully ins. driver whom pulled out in front of me and was ticketed for failure to yield. I have been talking/arguing with her ins. co. since, mine tells me to call them back if I need any help. I was demanding new parts/not used ones anyway. Today the ins. co. told me to call my ins. co. and have my car towed to whom ever I want to fix my car, because his co. wasn't going to work anymore with me on fixing my car and when he told the Honda dealer ( which is where I had just bought my car), that I was to picky and they no longer wanted to
    work with me either. I went straight to the dealer after work. They said to take what ever parts because they would make it look good, and that they would call the agent (whim they feel is a great guy) and explain that I' a good guy too.

I'm cx. the ins.
    I got an offer when I picked up the car for 3 years/36,000 for $1300. It's a 3rd party named Wynn or something. It doesn't seem to be worth it, and I've only got a couple of days to decide.
    Anyone have Wynn experience?
    To finish the post above (it was a reply to my own question) by this original subject header.

I picked up a 2001 Accord EX (standard) with 76000 miles this week. What kind of EW (if any) should I get?