Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I don't think I would. Hondas are reliable cars and you should be fine. But I usually buy genuine Honda Care "just in case" and probably will for the new Accord and the new S2000. I would not pay any money for a 3rd party warranty on a Honda - there are just way too many horror stories about the companies not paying and going out of business to make me trust them with the money.

Dennis
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ..brother to Dennis' #529 guidelines.......

..consider HC EW online...7year/100k for about half my dealer's price.....

..all the best, ez

2005 Accord EX V-6 Coupe 6MT.........odo 945........(superceding - by a sizeable margin - a 2000 Solara V-6 5MT)

:D
  • rtomkinsonrtomkinson Member Posts: 7
    My N. California dealer offered me 7/100/0 Honda Care for ~$1100 on a 2005 Accord Hybrid, or for $1770 the same coverage but with 100% money back. As I understand it, I could cancel:

1) in 60 days for a full refund (as ever)
    2) between 60 days and 7 years for a prorated refund
    or keep it, and get 100% money back after 7 years if unused.

Is this different from the internet deals on Honda Care? Have others heard of this? Do you think this is worth it, especially for the newer, unproven, and potentially costly-to-fix Hybrids?

What would you do?

Thanks for the great advice on these threads,
    R
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Don't be in a rush. You have three years to shop prices before making a purchase decision.
    As far as I know the money back deal would NOT be a Honda Care plan - so I would stay away from it if I were you. Sounds like they just way over charge you up front and hope you will need at least ONE thing (no matter how small) during the warranty period so they keep all your money. Of course, they also hope you might forget 7 years from now to ask for the money back :)

As blane said, you can buy a Honda Care package from a discount Internet dealer any time from now until your car as 42k on it (or is 42 months old) so no rush. If you do buy after 24/24k there is a $60 extra fee which rises to $160 after 36/36k so right at 24/24k seems to be the "best" time to buy.

Unless you are getting a smoking deal on the 05, I would wait for an 06 hybrid. There are coming with a moonroof, new rear design, and a longer warranty. I have not confirmed this, but it was posted by someone in the hybrid forum and they got the info from the 2006 info.

Dennis
    Thanks Dennis. I'll double-check on the coverage again. I am pretty sure it is Honda Care, and that the dealer themselves offers the money back part. As I think it through, I think you're right, it loses it's value when I first get a repair done, effectively making that first repair expensive, or motivating me not to claim under the warranty at all.

As for the 2006's, I have fretted about that for many weeks, and done tons on research here and at http://www.vtec.net/ -- thanks everyone for the awesome resources. In a perfect world, I probably would wait for an '06 - they do look marginally nicer, although I am not bothered about the moonroof, and the performance stats are not out yet. But I have heard the 06 Hybrid won't be out until closer to Dec than Sept, and then might command a significantly higher price than the 2005's on close-out. And above all, my current car is having problems, and for family reasons I cannot wait for the 2006's. So it's an 05 for me this time. The only question is warranty or not.

Thanks
    R
    Gotcha. If you check at the high volume, deep discount dealers (and also fleabay ads) you can see hybrids going for cheap. Often on flebay the auctions were ending without being sold.

So by all means - don't overpay now - I would say close to invoice would be a good price.

The hybrid stuff is covered 8/80k but the rest of the car is just 3/36k. For peace of mind, I would get the HondaCare deal - but wait until just under 24/24k to get it. hondacuraworld.com is selling the 7yr/100k/$0 HondaCare for $900 and there are other online places, but this seems to be the best deal TODAY.

The only other caution - most everyone will not get anywhere close to EPA mileage numbers on the Accord hybrid. You WILL get the quickest Accord sedan that also returns mileage the same or a little better than the I4 Sedan. To me that is a nice combination, but may not be worth the Hybrid premium price for most folks. Now the more sitting you do in traffic the more you save in the hybrid, but for a normal commute it would probably take you 250k miles or more to make back in gas all the extra money the hybrid costs over the I4.

Unless you want/need to finance the warranty I would just wait and get your HondaCare later from a discount dealer. You will get it for less and if your car is stolen, totalled, or traded you will get a good bit more of your purchase price back if you wait.

Dennis
  • jgj2010jgj2010 Member Posts: 2
    Any help appreciated
    jgj2010

Buy the warranty on line. There are many links above to Curry, College Hills, Jayhondacare, Hondaacuraworld, Griffithhondacare, etc. Just don't be in a rush. You can wait up to three years to purchase it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    You can't buy the warranty out of state, if you live in FL..

Sorry for the bad news..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yep, same is true for Honda Care for motorcycles - and all other extended warranties. The Florida legislature made it illegal to discount warranties in the state. I ASSUME this is supposed to somehow protect the massive amount of old folks in FL from fraud, but I don't see how - and it means FL consumers just have to pay more.

Dennis
  • civicgirl05civicgirl05 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my car in Dec and I have over 15,000 miles on the car. My warranty is good for 3yr or 36,000. Wanted to know what is a good deal for extended warranties in Va.

Andrea
  • drc8404drc8404 Member Posts: 4
    Greetings: I just purchased the 05 accord and the dealer is giving me 48hrs to decide whether or not to purchase the extended warranty. His terms are 6 years, or 100,000 miles for $789.00. The plan is called the Millennium automotive protection plan. We usually put at least 100,000 miles on our cars before we trade them in. The 99 accord we traded yesterday had 103,500. The dealer says since we usually keep the car so long this extended warranty is a good deal since this car has so many "electric componets". Are other new accord buyers purchasing exteneded warrantys? Is this a good price, or a rip off? thanks in advance for any advice.
    Drc8404
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    He is "GIVING YOU 48 HOURS" to make up your mind. Tell him to take a hike. I suggest you read the previous 540 posts (it won't take very long) and give yourself an education on the warranties. First of all, only get the factory HONDA warranty for about the same amount of money (as you will find out how and where) if you read the 540 posts!!!!
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ...agree w/(s)nort.......

..you can currently pick up (as I intend to do) a HC EW (Honda Corp's own product) online for about the same price.........6/100,000 50 Deductible.....

...www.jayhondacare.com

..I understand the price will change after 1 September (excuse the mil style)

..all the best, ez.....

• wildfire6299wildfire6299 Member Posts: 2
    I just received an email from Curry Honda in MA about Honda announcing changes to it's Honda Care plans, which will go into effect on September 1st. It says if your Honda has more than 6,000 miles you will be paying more for the same coverage and current deductibles will be increased to $100. Can anyone verify this is true??

Thanks
    I haven't checked into it.... But, I would assume it is so... Curry has a pretty good reputation as being straightforward with their internet warranty program..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

You can look through the message here for links to discount HondaCare dealers like Curry, HondAcuraWord, CollegeHills, etc.

Dennis
    From the Curry page:

Alert!! Honda is revamping all Honda Care plans effective September 1st, 2005.

If your Honda is a 2003 or older or has more than 6,000 miles you may be paying about the same for Honda Care, but you will only qualify for a $100 deductible. $0 and $50 deductible plans will not be available to you.

Vehicles with over 36,000 miles or are over 36 months old will no longer be eligible.

If your Honda is a 2004 or newer and has less than 6,000 miles you can wait until next month to purchase.

Longer term plans may be available to you in September, but eligibility will be limited.

Sounds like non-new (0 mile) Hondas can only get the $100 deductible plan after 9/1. I would assume the cars newer than that could get $0 or $50 still (if available). No news on prices, but they seldom go DOWN - do they....

I normally recommend waiting until just before 24 month or 24k miles, but with this new info I would say unless you are under 6k you should go ahead. The 2006 cars have a longer powertrain warranty and the HondaCare plans will be available up to 8 years for those. I will try to confirm this or get more info from another source.

Dennis
  • spyderredspyderred Member Posts: 138
    I received the same e-mail from Curry Honda. So I called a Honda dealership to verify some of the info listed in the e-mail. Here is what they told me.

If you have a 2004 or 2005 and your car has less than 6,000 miles you will be eligible to buy an extended warranty up to 8 years or 120,000 miles. The price has not been released yet for the 8/120.

This only qualifies for the 2004 and 2005 model years and if the vehicle has less than 6,000 miles.

You heard it (read it) here First. Only on EDMUNDS.

Spyderred.
    Did you very the details for everyone else (that has more than 6k on the clock) ? The Curry e-mail says no more $0 and $50 deductible, you will have to buy a $100 deductible plan. If this is true, then those with more than 6k will probably be better off to buy now and not wait.

Dennis
    A $100 deductable plan will let Honda sell their warranty at significantly lower cost. That's probably a good thing.

Also, if the 2006 vehicles come with 5 year / 60K mile basic powertrain warranty, Honda HAS TO revise the Honda Care terms.
    I thought the rumor was 4 year, 50k mile for the powertrain? If the new HCare goes to 8 years and 120k that is just one more year and 20k miles more than you can buy now, that would seem to mesh with them going from 3yr to 4yr on the powertrain for free.

I had originally heard only the new Accord would have a longer warranty, but now it could be all 2006 Hondas will.

Of course, they COULD offer bumper to bumper for longer than 3/36 and be ahead of the competition, instead of just catching up?

One point - they are selling the Ridgeline as a 2006 and have been for months. If they are adding to the warranty, I wonder what the "early adopters" will think - or perhaps Honda will retroactively increase their warranty to match the new standard?

Dennis
    I think they could phase it in for 2006.. Maybe only the Accords to start.. and see how it goes...

If they went to 4yr/50K, I'd look a lot harder at buying another Honda... The extra powertrain warranty doesn't do a lot for me... If you really have serious problems before 60K, and you bought the car new.. Honda will generally step up and pay, anyway.... Not guaranteed, of course..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I was told over on an S2k forum that it is 36/36k bumper-to-bumper and 48/50k powertrain - and that it would be on all 2006 Hondas.

Of course, I have no idea if the person who said that knows anything or are just saying something THEY heard some place else :)

If it is just power train extension, doesn't that get Honda in line with Mazda, Toyota, and Nissan? No better, but now about the same?

Dennis
    Mazda.. 4/50 Bumper to bumper

Toyota.. 3/36 with 5/60 powertrain..

Nissan.. 3/36.. not sure on powertrain..

Any extra can't hurt, I guess.. I like the Mazda warranty... We put between 45K-50K on a car in three years... 50K B2B warranties are great if you lease 3yr/45K...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    nissan is also 5/60 powertrain

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

This is word-for-word from the bottom of the second of two Specifications & Features pages in the 2006 Honda Accord brochure:

3-Year/36,000-Mile Limited Warranty. 5-Year/60,000-Mile Powertrain Warranty.

The new base warranty will impact the terms of the new Honda Care Extended Warranty. That's why they are repricing and revising the extended warranty to coincide with the September release of the 2006 Accords (and probably 2006 Civics) with the stronger warranties.

If they increased the Honda base warranties any more, they would be reducing the appeal of their own Acura line's 4-Year/48,00-Mile warranty. Of course, that one may also be upgraded for the 2006 Acuras. That's just conjecture on my part.
    To confirm, from this page:

Honda News Page

In addition, all 2006 Honda vehicles, including the Odyssey, will carry a new 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty, extended from the previous 3-years/36,000-miles.

So it is for all 2006 Honda cars and trucks, not just the Accord (or Oddy).

Dennis
    Thanks v much for the great advice.

I got myself comfortable with the Hybrid being a nice combination of the power, luxury, and economy that I am after -- not a money-saving vehicle (unless gas prices keep going up like they are :cry: ).

I am a big fan of eBay for cars, and recently spoke to a woman from Colorado who bought her Honda Hybrid on eBay from a dealer in South Dakota, and saved big $ vs. her local dealers. Openroadhonda also sells on eBay at prices I could not beat, but the shipping and timing made the math not quite work for me.

Love my Hybrid, especially the Nav.

best,
    R
    Can you help this guy out with lease taxes and fees in Tennessee?

Knoxville, TN lease

thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kwennerlkwennerl Member Posts: 1
    Dealer first tried to sell dealer-centered, third-party extended warranty, then started at hugely inflated number for Honda Care for 7 year/ 75,000 mile/ $0 deductible, and finally came down to $1350 for 7/75/50. So I searched online and came up with 7/75/0 for $746 from hondawarrantyinfo.com (Bernardi Honda in Natick, MA). Also quoted 7/75/50 for $681; 7/100/50 for $971; 7/100/0 for $1051. Included 12-month, zero-interest financing. I went for the 7/75/0 on a new vehicle even though some on this site advise waiting to begin the start date for extended warranty. The good price, rumors afoot that Honda Care might change mileage terms in near future, and not wanting to think about extended warranties after today were enough for me. Waiting on the paperwork.
  • cindy4cindy4 Member Posts: 19
    We purchased a Honda Odyssey EX-L last April and considered an extended warranty (7 yr./100,000/0) since we plan on keeping the vehicle for at least that long. Unfortunately, since we live in Florida, a state that doesn’t allow its citizens to purchase these warranties across state lines, we would be forced to pay the full exorbitant price that Florida Honda owners must pay their friendly Honda dealers. I called several dealers over the last couple of days and receive the same exact price; $1880 plus tax so a little over $2,000.

Since the basic warranty is 3yr/36,000 miles, this provides only four additional years or additional 64,000 mile coverage. Yes, there are lemons out there but they generally surface in the first couple of months of operations; ours have performed as expected. Since the Honda is supposed to be well built, we’ll do what the vast majority of car owners do; service the vehicle when required and drive her easy. As such, we have decided against purchasing an extended warranty.

Are there any strong opinions out there either way?
  • rhaeffelerhaeffele Member Posts: 149
    "Are there any strong opinions out there either way?"

Yep - the reality is that extended warranties or supplementary service contracts are a form of legalized gambling. The customer's betting the vehicle will tank. The manufacturer or third party service contract providers're betting it won't. Guess where the smart money goes. That's RIGHT - usually into the pockets of the manufacturer or third party service contract provider as free money for nothing! Of course the company bean counters use more socially acceptable terms for their sucker bet odds-making - "risk management return statistics" or some such. If you don't thrash your ride and adhere to timely servicing, the odds are with you against catastrophic mechanical loss. The picayune niggling issues will always arise with any make - but while annoying, they're usually financially manageable.
  • cyninhicyninhi Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone have any more info on this? I need help deciding. I just purchased a 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES two weeks ago. I was planning on purchased the Honda Care Warranty at about 24 months or before 24,000 miles online for 7/100/0 deductible. If the plan changes should I get it now? I need help as I have never purchased an extended warranty before. I would feel comfortable in getting one as my new van has a lot of stuff that could go wrong, auto doors, DVD player, etc.

Thanks for your help. BTW, I live in Hawaii.

Cyn in HI
    I look at it a different way. They want to make money on the extended warranty, so they look at what it costs them to pay claims and set the prices accordingly. So if on average an Accord I4 will cost them $600 in claims for a 7/100k/$0 plan then they price it over that, say $700, then the dealers mark it up from there. So some Accord owners will cost them less money and some more. That is the gamble you are taking. You pay for the average claim amount plus a mark up. If your car has average or below average claims it "costs" you money, if you have more claim dollars it saves you money.

Don't forget that the plan is pro-rated refundable. So if your Honda is stolen, totaled, or you trade it in you cash out on the un-used portion.

Also, if you decide to sell your Honda the HondaCare can be a great selling tool. I was told that after 9/1/2005 cars with over 36k on them (currently 42k) can not purchase HondaCare. So if you are selling your 4 yr old, 40k mile Honda VS every other one for sale, yours could advertise the transferable warranty to go with it. That should be enough to let you charge a little more for your Honda - and sell it a little quicker.

Dennis
    www.hondawarrantyinfo.com

(this is Bernardi Honda in MA)

is blowing out the prices on HondaCare right now. We know the HC plans undergo changes tomorrow (9/1/2005) - but it might be a great time to score a deal today.

Some examples:

2005 Odyssey

7 years/75,000 miles warranty: ($50 deductible = $681.00) OR ($0 deductible = $746.00)
    7 years/100,000 miles warranty: ($50 deductible = $971.00) OR ($0 deductible = $1,051.00)

2005 CR-V

7 years/75,000 miles warranty: ($50 deductible = $566.00) OR ($0 deductible = $631.00)
    7 years/100,000 miles warranty: ($50 deductible = $741.00) OR ($0 deductible = $806.00)

2005 Accord I4:

7 years/75,000 miles warranty: ($50 deductible = $511.00) OR ($0 deductible = $571.00)
    7 years/100,000 miles warranty: ($50 deductible = $686.00) OR ($0 deductible = $746.00)

2005 S2000:

7 years/75,000 miles warranty: ($50 deductible = $721.00) OR ($0 deductible = $766.00)
    7 years/100,000 miles warranty: ($50 deductible = $1,111.00) OR ($0 deductible = $1,186.00)

When I compared these prices against the other discount online dealers (CollegeHills, HondAcuraWorld, Curry, etc) these seem to be $75-100 cheaper. This dealer claims these prices are $1 over net dealer cost, which does stretch credulity (why would you bother to make $1?) but does seem to be "right" VS the other prices. As an example, back in March of 2003 I purchased a 7/70k/$0 plan for the 2001 I used to own. I paid $825. The current price from Bernardi for the same (well, now has 75k miles) is $766 - which is $59 LESS than I paid 2 1/2 years ago!

If that was not enough, they (HondaCare or is it Bernardi?) as a 0% interest finance deal. They put 10% of the HC plan on your CC, then each month for 12 months they charge 1/12 of the remaining balance to your CC.

I have no connection to Bernardi Honda or any interest if you buy from them or not, but I am now a customer :)

Dennis
  • cindy4cindy4 Member Posts: 19
    Rhaellele - Thanks for your reply and insightful comments.

Shortly after submitted my post, I decided against purchasing an extended warranty. My reasons are stated in the original post but some talk with my co-workers advise against it. Also, I started thinking about my previous vehicle, a 1994 Dodge Caravan, which had a 125K miles on it when sold after we picked up our Odyssey. As previously mentioned, I'm a light driver and generally follow the maintenance schedule; even so, the Dodge did fine other than new batteries, a brake job, and other relatively minor items. For me, I'm comfortable with this decision. Thanks,
    One thing to consider is the place on the life-cycle of the design for the car or truck you own. Just got the new Consumer Reports in the mail yesterday and they were talking about the reliability of cars based on first year, second year, etc of the design. ALL the car makers have first year problems, which get better as the new design gets fixes. BMW is the worst (no surprise, just ask any new 7 or new 5 owner) and Honda is the best - the least first year blues. That said, they had a side-bar about the 99 Ody and how it is a LOT more problematic that the 00 and 01 model years. So if "you" are thinking about a warranty for a end-of-cycle 04 Ody then maybe you could save the money and be OK, but if you are driving a new 05 redesigned Ody then you might think more about getting an extended warranty. Same would be true if "you" had an 05 Civic VS getting the new 06 redo.

So the new designs = more problems now, and down the road too it appears.

Dennis
    The details are up at several of the online sites. What is new:

1) If your Honda has more than 6,000 miles on it then you can ONLY now get the $100 deductible plan. You used to be able to choose between $0 and $50. I think the $100 plan is the same or more than the old $50 plan, but to be honest I didn't note those prices.

2) You can get up to 8yrs and 120k mile plans now, but that last year and extra miles seem to come at a premium price.

3) If your Honda has more than 36k on it or is more than 36 months old, no HondaCare (used to be 42k/42 months).

4) It looks like similar plans now cost more than they did yesterday and the same sites.

Having to pay $100 for every incident would make me think twice about buying HondaCare.

Dennis
  • rbevz67rbevz67 Member Posts: 69
    Has anyone seen better prices for HondaCare than those of College Hills Honda? It would be great if someone could share!

Thanks all - this board is the shizznasty!!
    Um, yes - just back up a couple of messages where we are talking about Bernardi Honda and their blow-out prices. When I checked, they had not updated their web page to reflect the new (9/1/2005) prices and plans - but prior to today they were $75-100 cheaper than any place else I checked.

Dennis
  • rbevz67rbevz67 Member Posts: 69
    Um thanks,

Looking for new plans.

Thanks
  • gmachinedart1gmachinedart1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Im new to this chat room.I just purchased an 05 odyssey EX about two weeks ago,paid 26,800.Im very happy with the vehicle.I also own an accord ex 2dr that has 168k on it.Unfortunately I did not educate myself enough before buying this vehicle.I think Ive learned more in the last two weeks about buying a car just because I felt like I was taken on a lot of things,some of which Im embarrassed to mention right now, and I wanted to learn from my experience. Im not totally bitter though because I really only have myself to blame.I feel the selling price was ok but not great.What Im really worried about and hoping that I can get out of, is the price I paid for the honda ext. wty.I paid 1,600for the 72/75 $50 deductable.From what Ive seen on this forum this is almost double what I should have paid .From what Ive read in the contract agreement I can cancel on or before 60 days with a full refund if I havnt used the service.If this is correct I should be able to cancel and repurchase somewhere for a normal price.Can any one comment on this?

thanx
    Justin
    I paid 1,600for the 72/75 $50 deductible. From what I've seen on this forum this is almost double what I should have paid

Yes, WAY too much. As I posted the other day, Bernardi was selling the 7 year (84 month), 75k $50 plan for $681, so you paid close to a grand too much - and you got 1 less year!

As of 9/1/2005 you can no longer get the $50 deductible plan, but if are still under 6,000 miles then you can get a $0 deductible plan - else you have to get the $100 plan.

CollegeHills Honda is showing a 6yr/80k/$0 for $785 and the 7/80//$0 for $875 and the 8/100/$0 for $1,260 .

It looks like Bernardi is selling at the old price and plan through Monday, the 5th - so you might want to get a quote from them and get it done before Monday.

http://www.hondawarrantyinfo.com/

You can cancel now for a full refund if you have not used the plan. Call HondaCare customer service TODAY (800-999-5901) and tell them you want to cancel. They can fax you the cancel form so you can get it signed and returned right away. If you financed the HC plan along with the van then it gets a little more complex. They will refund the plan cost to the loan bank (no matter if it is Honda Finance or your credit union) and what happens then just "depends". I think AHFC takes it off the back end of the loan, so you pay the same payment now until there is $1,600 owed and then you pay now more. Other banks could re-do the deal so you get a lower payment. If you paid cash or charged the plan then they refund the money to you.

Dennis
    Bernardi is still selling the "old" plans through Monday. Unless you wanted something more than 7 years or 100k miles this would probably be your best bet. For sure if you have more than 6k on your Honda, since you could only get the $100 deductible under the new scheme.

Dennis
  • ddwalkerddwalker Member Posts: 4
    What is the coverage period of the extended warrenty? Does it start from now or does it start from the end of 3rd year? I think it does not matter for the coverage on the car itself, but it matters for things like roadside assistance.
    It starts from the day you buy it. This is good if you need the trip interruption or car rental stuff, otherwise it just means you would get less money back on the pro-rated refund should your Honda get stolen, totaled, or you trade it in :( .

The benefits are shown here, but the REAL benefit does not kick in until the normal warranty is up:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hondacare/warranty_benefits.htm

Dennis
  • scoobydooxpscoobydooxp Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone seen the new HC extended warranty prices? I was planning on buying the wife an Accord LX this weekend but for some reason all Honda dealers in the area are closed on Saturday and Monday. Talk about crazy. Monday would be a great day to sell cars.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060