Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Super Duty

Comments

• stanfordstanford Member Posts: 606
    I'd use 87 octane. A higher octane rating denotes a slower burning fuel which, while it may be a little quieter (unlikely) costs more and gives you slightly less power.
    Measurements of Dodge 3500 4X4 and Ford F350 4X4

Dodge Ford
    Road to bed floor at tailgate: 37.5 38.0
    Bed floor to top of bed rail: 19.0 19.5
    Bed rail to top of cab: 21.0 26.0

These measurements are what I would call pretty damn close, with the exception of the bedrail to cab measurement. I really don't see why all the Ford guys are complaining about lowering blocks, etc, when the Dodge folk aren't. What do those Dodge guys know that we don't?
  • br1br1 Member Posts: 22
    Anyone have any luck with using a K&N filter on a PS? It did some good with my F150 5.0.
    One more question but this one is very important. How high is a F250 superduty PS with towing package with the LT265 A/T tires vs. the all season vs the LT235 A/T tires. I just ordered the 265 LT's and my garage is 6'10" at th lowest point (the door). However, the cab will be through the door while the front tires are about 1" lower on the driveway. Any help with actual heights or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    BR1
  • KEH4x4KEH4x4 Member Posts: 109
    I have used 87 octane (regular unleaded)in mine at every fill up. It runs excellent with no pinging even when towing.
    keh4X4 - Thanks for the response, I'm measuring one (myself) tomorrow first thing. Dealer stated that the truck with A/T's in 6'9" but also included the "approximately" words that worry me a little. With 6'9", I think it'll do.

I agree with the comments on fuel. My cousins V10 van, even when hauling motorcycle, tools etc, didn't exhibit any differences. Alos, I never saw increased power or mileage with higher octanes. I believe all have the same "detergents" now?

CB antenna - as you can guess, I have a WILSON 2000 magnetic for sale because it won't fit between my garage door and truck roof. However, I loved this on my F150 and my father has always used a K40 with excellent results. He has a quality CB and I have a Radioshack special tat works fine.
  • singer4singer4 Member Posts: 43
    The hgt. on 4x4's is critical..for your garage doors as well as towing 5th whls. Top of rail to the ground...57 inches on F250, 4x4. Underside of 5th wheel...60 inches. RV dlrs. want at least 6 inches...math dictates that you have 2 choices..well, actually only one!!At one point, Ford was authorizing removing the 4 inch block, etc....I will find out Friday from Mark Wilson, the eng. guru from Ky. Plt. as to the outcome of Ford's decision as to whether they will approve a kit to lower the 4x4 by only 2 inches. If they do, therein lies your second choice...your 5th whl needs to be flipped on it axles, in order to acquire an additional 4 inches, thus making the space between 5th and truck sides...approx. 8-9 inches...plenty from what I've been told.
    Good luck! JB
  • blightblight Member Posts: 22
    Stanford,

You are wrong on the octane numbers. Pinging is caused from ignition starting from two different points in the cylinder. The spark plug and usually from a hot spot or in the old days from the high compression. When these two flame fronts collide, you have your pinging. The higher octane fuel is a FASTER burning fuel that allows the spark ignited flame front to complete before a second can start.

I have heard for years that the Dodge people have had the same height problems with trailers as the SD's are having now.
  • markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    blight and stanford... here's my take.

pinging - caused by an uneven flamefront that propagates away from the spark plug towards the sides of the cylinder. Using excessively low octane fuel can result in compressive heating in front of the flame front with secondary flame fronts forming and causing the 'ping' noise. 'Low' octane fuel is more likely to burn unevenly when cylinder temperatures and compression is high and has something to do with more reactive sites on their chains of hydrocarbons.
    Detonation is ignition from a hot spot within the cylinder head or piston before the spark plug fires and is very hard on the motor....

Guess these two definitions overlap as I read them.

I am not sure that burning rate is correlated with octane numbers. I have personal experience with reduced power using 100 octane LL aviation gas in 2-stroke motorcycles. Av fuel burns very slowly as it is designed for 2000 rpm air cooled aircraft engines.

I believe that you should run the minimum octane fuel that your engine will tolerate without ping. That fuel will produce the most power, best fuel economy, plus it's less expensive to boot.
    Heck, I live at 7,000 ft and it's hard to get anything to ping up here no matter what the the octane rating. But when I tow in the low desert, I am very careful to run the minimum octane that the engineers at the factory recommend, or go higher if I detect a ping.
    Well, I've done some more looking and I think that we're both equally wrong -- or as I prefer to think about it, equally right. Pinging is indeed caused by the multiple ignitions as you described, but is combatted by using evenly-burning gas rather than faster-burning fuel.

A great source of information is the gasoline FAQ.

A couple of excerpts:

the octane rating of the fuel reflects the
    ability of the unburnt end gases to resist
    spontaneous autoignition under the engine
    test conditions used

Flame speed does not correlate with octane

Doh!
  • texaszachtexaszach Member Posts: 119
    Singer4 - Some posts back it was reported that the factory has responded to the bed height dilemma by mandating the two inch block as a standard production item. Can you get a clarification on this when you speak with the Ky. plant engineer on Friday?
    Here is more of the excerpt

The antiknock ability is related to the "autoignition temperature" of the
    hydrocarbons. Antiknock ability is not substantially related to:
    1. The energy content of fuel, this should be obvious, as oxygenates have lower energy contents, but high octanes.
    2. The flame speed of the conventionally ignited mixture, this should be evident from the similarities of the two reference hydrocarbons.
    Although flame speed does play a minor part, there are many other factors that are far more important. ( such as compression ratio, stoichiometry, combustion chamber shape, chemical structure of the fuel, presence of antiknock additives, number and position of spark plugs, turbulence etc.)
    Flame speed does not correlate with octane.
  • moe7moe7 Member Posts: 24
    O.K. so which should i use in your opinion???

87 or 89? I live in New Hampshire and hate to hear any engine knock! I have been using mobil 89 octane gasoline.

moe7
    Yeah!! I'll be checkin' with Mark W. on Thurs. or Fri. Dlrshp in AZ is waiting on auth. kit for 2in drop...my first step...drop 2inches, then install hitch(Pullrite), then back it up under the 5th...see what the clearance is...if it isn't at least 6 inches...then the RV springs have to be flipped...no alternatives here!
    By the way, just spoke to rep. at Pullrite...strongly suggest going with SuperGlide(400 # unit@ $2200...best price I found)avoids the worry when turning---automatically moves unit back 18 inches, not just 9 in., and no need to get out and move levers!
    Singer
    Just a overall height comment - I stopped and measured an F250 crew cab, 4x4, power stroke, auto, with trailer towing, short bed with LT265 A/T's and the overall height was 6'6". I also checked a F250 super cab diesel and an F350 crew cab V10 they were the same.

Note - someone put in numbers that add to 7' so something doesn't add up. I know this doesn't help with fifth wheel heights but I was concerned for garage entry (I have a std. 7' garage but door hangs approx 1 1/2").

By the way, how do you handle the "wait". I have a long way to go and am chomping at the bit already (just got VIN).
    I wouldn't worry about the door -- do you have a garage door opener? The angled piece that hangs down is what would stop me from putting the truck in a garage if I wanted to.

The official height of my truck was 6'9". If its not exactly that (measured at the back of the cab) its really close.
    I measured the garage door (to the bottom of the width of the garage door) at 6'10". I have a double wide door so the "angled piece" I think you spek of is in the middle (between the wifes car and my truck) and doesn't come into play. The dealer also stated 6'9" but the trucks on the lot are not quite that high. As long as that is a max I'm completely happy. I guess I can nickname myself -"hate scraping swindows".

Thanks for the info.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    br1,

I am the Ram 3500 owner who measured his truck for stanford. My Ram stands exactly what the book says it does - 77.5". Assume that as your suspension settles, you may lose as much as an inch of height.
    I just measured mine to the highest point -- 81", just like in the book. Hmm. I may have mismeasured the bed-to-cab height before, I'm pretty confident about the other ones.
    Oh -- my numbers were for the F350 as well. Looks like you'll just make it.
  • ande157ande157 Member Posts: 23
    Found out today my truck is scheduled for a build date the week of april 5th. Dealer has a VIN on it. Order placed w/ dealer Feb 25th. Friend and I both ordered our trucks together, same day at same dealer. He has a scheduled build during week of March 29th., only difference between trucks is mine's a V10 long box, his is a PSD short box. Dealer had said the V10 might take a little bit longer to get. If everything goes as scheduled, should be about 6 weeks from order to delivery.
    I'm confident it'll fit now. Still wondering what the options could be to make the differences in height (i.e as measured dimensions).

ANDE157: I ordered my F250 CC PSD last Friday. One guy looking while I did ordered two days earlier and has his VIN / date now, hopefully I'll get mine build date soon. Dealer said last 2 PSD (reg and crew cab) came in 7 and 8 weeks. The Supercabs he said are longer because demand is higher than the CC. Makes sense I guess? I prepped for at least 8 weeks. I'll be getting pretty antsy after that (ok, ok I'm already antsy but not tooooo awful bad yet).
  • longhairlonghair Member Posts: 72
    My first SD order was 3/30/98, about a week after my test drive. Dealer actions (kept pushing my 1 back for fleet orders of 10) meant it never actually was scheduled for a build when I cancelled it in 9/98. I spent too much of the downpayment on repairing the old truck in the meantime, plus my company announced they were going out of business, so I had to hold until 2/99 to reorder (from another dealer) He actually had my truck at the top of his priority list when it came back as unbuildable "dirty." (we're working on that now)
    If I cared about resale (I don't - I drive till dead) I'd have to start wondering about the differences between two '99s that were built over a year apart.
    Last summer when we were doing a custom garage door that took so long to arrive, we were joking that they were waiting for my truck to deliver it in. That door's been installed, and repaired once since then.
    I have a picture of a SD over my desk at work. Everybody walks in each morning and says "nice truck" when they see the old one in the parking lot :-)
    Maybe I'll have it in time for my 2001 trip to Alaska? By then I will order the parts from the parts counter and built it myself.
  • sichenzesichenze Member Posts: 8
    I just found this web page so I though I would let you all know that my 250 PS 4X4 is a great truck. I got it the other day in time for the big snow storm that we had in Northern Virginia. I handled the snow and ice climbing over the mountains that I drive over every day in a very matter of fact way. I was impressed and the ride oh well, you will see if you are waiting and know what I a saying if you have yours. i do have one question though, I was reading over the manual and it shows the fuel water separator at the bottom of the engine. I looked but could not find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    1st..note on size...it's prudent to check gar.dr size...doors CAN be adj. to open beyond the opening..do yourself a favor...with the turn of a setscrew, do it..you'll avoid what happened to me..our door didn't quite open by an inch because of a slight jam...now the middle amber light needs to be repl....also, I cut the middle angle bracket to avoid any possible contact!
    With re: to the "kits" from Ky. Plt...latest official word as of 2:30p.m., 3/11/99...Ky. Plt. has NOT issued a TSB authorizing ANY Service Dept. of any Dlrship to lower a 4x4 by taking out the 4" block...because of reported "field" problems that Ford encountered. However, as of today, they were still not able to give a firm date on when the "authorized" kit will be available to drop the F250 by 2". Beyond that, once the "kit" is available, the source stated that much of their "kit" inventory will be allocated to 'production'. Currently, dealerships can't "order" for you, or me, or anyone else, a 2" kit simply because Ford's depot does not have the appropriate parts that make up that kit....if a dlrshp puts it on order, it goes into a backorder status, consequently inflating the need to order additional inventory!! Bottom line...customers like you and I might wait several months to acquire the now infamous "kit."
    For the RV'ers, that's translates into camping season!! Can't wait that long!! Looking for a new F250, 4x4, built after 2/15/99...they supposedly have the 2" spacer on them, right off the line.
    If I hear any more, I'll post!!

Singer4
  • tfm1tfm1 Member Posts: 5
    The height problem with the 99 SD 4x4 is well known. Apparently the height problem with the 99 SD 4x2 has not been recognized.
    My 22 ft Alpenlite fifth wheel is about 57 inches high at the part of the trailer that goes over the bed. The axles have already been mounted under the springs for maximum height. I have tried two different 99 4x2 SD and neither had enough clearance. They both measured about 54 inches ground to top of bed.
    I have measured a couple of other older small fifth wheels and their height runs about the same as mine.
    If you plan on towing a fifth wheel with a 99 SD 4x2 you sure need to check the height before you pay your money.
    I presently tow with a 95 Dodge Ram 1500 4x2 and it measures 50 inches ground to top of bed.
    Has anyone else run into this?
  • tnt2tnt2 Member Posts: 115
    The water/fuel seperator lever is located just behind the fuel filter(12 oclock, looking down). Yellow lever. The drain is located just inside the right fender well.
    singer4.....well done! my F350 is being built this week so it should have the 2" blocks in place. I'll let you know first hand, hopefully in about two weeks.
    The Dodge trucks (one tons for sure, prob. 3/4 tons) have almost exactly the same bed height. Do you know anyone who tows with a Dodge? I've seen plenty around. How do they deal with it?
  • bruce21bruce21 Member Posts: 4
    Puzzle for the day. I have a F250 SD,PSD, ,XCab, LB Lariet somewhere in the "build-a-Ford" world. It, along with six XLTs and one other Lariet (same config) were ordered on 1/25/99 by a BIG Ford dealer in the Denver area, all with the same priority. Delivery was estimated at 8 weeks. As of today, the 6 XLTs have a VIN# and the 2 Lariets don't. An assigned VIN is the best clue yet that something is actually being bolted together. Called Gwen at the assembly plant - she said Lariet orders are being taken, but she had to be prompted as to whether they are actually being built. She said yes. A call to Ford customer service in Detroit, telling the same story, got a different answer. There "seems to be a transportation problem" -
    that's all he could offer. His probabilities were that subcontractor parts weren't getting to the plant for Lariet assembly. Understandably, Ford won't put a vehicle on the assembly line unless all the parts are there, even if it's the Lariet name someone sticks on the outside somewhere. So, add all this up - who knows how many Lariet F250 SDs are waiting for assembly and where do we fit in that mix. By the way, this info was not offered by the dealer, after all they never lie, they just don't tell the complete truth. Gwen said they can't build the Super Dutys fast enough, the demand is huge. My comment then was that when they get to mine, I want it built real slow. With all this in mind, why do I see so many SDs in Ford dealerships? - probably waiting to be sold for over-sticker. Shouldn't a customer order get to the line before the back lot is filled?
    Two different dealers tried to push us into a truck on their lot that wasn't the same. Also, have you guys noticed that TV ads for the SuperDuty are non-existent, and there's no dealer incentives at all, but yet we pay something like 3% to cover marketing and advertising - called a "hold back".
    Also, thanks for the good inputs on the lowering of the bed to accomodate 5th wheels. I plan to ask my dealer to order the 4inch kit in advance - wow what a concept - if I really don't need it, then they'd have one in stock. Wouldn't it be nice to have a business where customers pay $38K for something, sign a deal, and then somehow agree to wait 8 to 16 weeks for delivery and half-truths? Do the Ford people read these messages?
    Dealer called today and stated he has the VIN and schedule. Still antsy! I'm starting to re-arrange my garage this weekend (I know really optimistic) to allow room so my .... ok so I can get it in.,
  • longhairlonghair Member Posts: 72
    Has anyone confirmed that the current builds are really 2" lower in the rear? I won't use a 5th wheel and the old height would be perfect for my 2" receiver. Am I going to need to change my pintle/ball height?
    bruce21.......I talked with a Ford rep at the Tarrant County Auto Show in Ft. Worth, Texas on/about the second weekend in February and was told what you have heard on the Lariats, they are on hold due to parts problems....I then posted that information here, over a month ago....my XLT was ordered Feb 12 and is scheduled for delivery to the dealer during the week of March 22..
  • mjemje Member Posts: 33
    UPDATE: The long nightmare of a wait and bad info from a dealer is about over. Got a call yesterday afternoon that I can pick up my truck on Monday. When I pick it up it will be 29 weeks and 5 days from order. It's almost a year old already. Anyway, I will just be happy it is here. For those of you waiting for a Lariat, I hope your wait is not similar. I kept hearing the same things while waiting for mine. ( There was always a parts holdup) Delivery seemed to be a problem also. The truck was built on Feb. 19 and shipped out on rail on Feb. 22. It took two weeks to get to Chicago and then 5 days to get to Mpls from Chicago. This whole thing has not made me very happy. I switched from a GMC for this, but from what everyone has posted it sounds like I will love the vehicle. Will let everyone know what I think after I pick it up.

PS: gobrownfish man- Haven't heard from you in awhile, drop a line, how is the truck?
  • gobrownfishgobrownfish Member Posts: 44
    MJE,
    Again congrats on the good news of the SD. When
    you actually get the truck we expect a detailed
    description and account of the new baby ( isn't
    that what you call it after a 9 month wait), any-
    ways we will be waiting on your report.
    By the way I received in the mail today a gift from Ford (or my dealaership) which contained a
    bottle of touch up paint and other useful info.
    Not a real big deal but a nice thought, sometimes
    it makes you feel good for someone to just say
    "thanks for your business".
    Another thing, I was talking to my dealership last
    week and was told if you order cab lights on the
    Super Duty then it was considered a commercial
    order and got priority over other orders. Didn't
    sound right with all the info we know about priority numbers and all but a interesting thought.
    To all the "old-timers" of the board, The Brown
    Fish Man" is still reading the board, just don't
    have a lot to say, I guess I'm what the neighbors
    would call a peeping tom or the geeks call a "lurker". Good luck to all especially MJE.....
    I love the power and ride of my V-10 SD Lariat.
    The Brown Fish Man
  • bubba19bubba19 Member Posts: 16
    Hey TEX-LONGHAIR,

I just ordered a F-250 4x4 cb xlt (black over Tan)
    I hate that ford is dropping the truck 2".

Is there a way to get the 4" block out here in the real world or do I need to put a lift kit to regain the 2". To me this is a big lost and the tires I was going to put on new wheels will not fit with is drop. Help if you can.
  • KEH4x4KEH4x4 Member Posts: 109
    If your truck comes with the 2" blocks in the back (check it before you sign the papers)tell them that they changed AFTER you ordered it and you would like them to install a set of the 4" lift blocks that they pull off of someone elses recalled truck. I bet they will do it for free. They can install your old 2" blocks into someones truck that wants it lowered. As for me, I only tow a boat and flat tow a Bronco. If I had a 5th wheel, I would flip the axles.
    I had my truck lifted 5" in front and 2" in the rear and added 36" tall tires. It sits tall and level. Not to toot my own horn, but I go to a lot of automotive gatherings (races, shows, swap meets, etc) and I have had several strangers tell me that it is the best looking Super D they have ever seen, and people say "nice truck" literally almost every day. (Usually as I fill it up with gas at the gas station every day)
  • tnt2tnt2 Member Posts: 115
    bubba19 .... Talk with singer4, he might swap you blocks straight out if he can't get his switched. I have even thought of doing it, since I need about an inch lower drop on my receiver to level out my travel trailer. When you get the truck let us know.

keh4x4 .... Sounds like an awesome truck. If it wasn't for towing our travel trailer, I would problably be heading for the sky myself. Our 4x4 club here in Ohio, D.I.R.T.(Dayton's Illegally Raised Trucks), has had it's share of magazine covers and I think an SD would look great rolling on 36's with crab steering.
  • bubba19bubba19 Member Posts: 16
    Thanks guys,

I should just wait unit the 2000 models come out
    because this is a small dealer and the best
    pri-code is a 50, not good. Does anyone know whats
    in store for the new models for 2000. I have hear ford is going too a 6 speed trany ?. Anyway if the truck is not built for 4 mouths and it takes 4 weeks in transit, by the time the truck get here it will be at years end. Any thoughts on this guys, or should I just wait it out.
    Bubba19 - Ford already has a 6 speed manual transmission in production, I ordered that trans on the truck I am waiting on to arrive. Regarding the timing of your order, I would find another dealer who can get your truck ordred and delivered. While there may be some minor things different on the 2000 models, I would be more concerned with availability. From what I have read, the automotive industry is deeply concerned that it many parts vendors will be able to supply what they need due to shortages arising from Y2K. With Saudi Arabia and Venezula some 2 years behind on Jan. 1, 2000 compliance, the possible fuel shortages could have a domino effect and bring those fears to fruition. Information is power, there is a very interesting article on this in the Feb. 26th edition of the Washington Post, which came out of the U.S. Senate Y2k Committee. Of course its up to you to decide but I say order now.
  • chesakchesak Member Posts: 18
    Help! On 2/1 my dealer entered my order for a '99 F250 4WD Reg Cab V10 Lariat, and as of last Friday, 3/12, the order still hasn't been picked up by Ford! Although the dealer said they're calling Ford daily, they're being told that there is a shortage of V10's and 4WD's. As a result, they've been pulling orders for 2WD V8's in front of mine each week. I know somewhere in old posts there is a number for Ford if you want to contact them direct. Does anyone have that info handy? Is anyone else having problems getting Ford to pull their order? I'm really discouraged, and don't know what to do at this point. Thanks...
  • lemanslemans Member Posts: 43
    Well guys, I am glad to read that all of you are really happy with your trucks.
    My still gets around 13-14 MPG on the highway empty, I have had it back to my dealer 3 times and all he says is to break it in. I went to another dealer 150 miles away for where I boughtmy truck and this dealer said that Ford WILL NOT check a truck for poor fuel mileage. I called the area Ford Rep and he said that there was nothing he cold do since there was not an appearent problem with the truck. I asked him if he would call the engineers at the Ford and ask them what the real fuel mileage expected for a PS like mine would be. He said that he could not do that and basically I was on my own. He confirmed what the Ford Dealer had told me, is that ford will not check a truck for bad fuel mileage. Ford does not have to worry about me being on my own after I can get rid of this piece of junk I now own, yes that is what I am call my New PS Ford. The guys at the plant with he Dodges are rally giving me a hard time about the fuel mileage. If you want another shock take your truck to a Chevy or dodge Dealer and see what the trade in value is for you used truck with only 5000 miles on it.
    If all that say they are getting 18 to 20 miles per gallon are really doing so then I have a lemond. I plan to try to inform everyone here at the plant (1500 workers) that the Ford SD 4 x 4, PS, Long Bed, Crew Cab, with 3:73 gears only gets 13 tof 14 miles per gallon. I have talked to the ART dept dept about making me up a sign with 2 lemonds on it and the wording saying "FORD POWER DIESEl 13-14 MILES PER GALLON AT THE BEST". Plans at the present is to put this in the back window of the shell so everyone can see it while I am driving, unless I can get some results from Ford or a dealer. I would like to keep the truck if it would get at least 17 to 19 MPG which I think is reasonable for a diesel. Everyone I talk too except here on the conference gets around 16 to 17. I do want others to know what the mileag of the Ford PS is before they buy one.
    I know that I am sounding off on this board, but I want others who are reading this board to know that the PS are not peaches and cream as was the impression I got before I got mine. No one every said anything about the fuel mileage being so low or I would have gotten a gas V8 or V10 and would have know that the mileage would have only been 14 to 17 and would have not spent the extra $4500 dollars or so for the diesel with the high maintence cost. So pleas forgive me for sounding off. This is the last Ford product that I will ever own.
    lemans......
  • mikey43mikey43 Member Posts: 74
    chesak - I hate to further dampen your enthusiasm but my order for an F250 V10 Lariat CC 4wd etc., etc. went in on 11/2/98 and it STILL hasn't been picked up. The dealer I went to was pretty up front with me and told me it could be up to 20 weeks before I got it, but I, being the eternal optimist, convinced myself that I'd have it within 3 months. Well, it's now 19 weeks plus and I haven't got a VIN#, build date, delivery date, or anything. Just a lot of reassurances that everybody has to wait. I emailed the dealer two weeks ago asking if they would be able to meet the 20 week estimate and they told me that I was next in line. Nothing since then.

I know what you're going through. I went from excited to discouraged to really pissed off to almost cancelling my order and asking for my $500 deposit back. Now I've just convinced myself that it probably will never be built and if it is not ready before I'm ready to move my household from NV to CA, probably in May, I'm going to tell Ford to shove it because I'd feel awful stupid taking delivery on a 3/4 ton truck that I need to help me move, AFTER I move!!

Even with all that frustration, I still keep thinking how nice it will be to get back into a great pickup after driving around in a Prizm for the last 5 years. Well that's all the venting I have time for today. Hang in there...
  • sd99sd99 Member Posts: 65
    Lemans

The same would hold true if you take your Dodge or Chevy to a Ford dealer to trade it in. If your next truck (or car) gets poor mileage, will it be a piece of junk too?
  • mjemje Member Posts: 33
    At last!!!! Picked up the truck today. What a beast!!! And I mean that in a good way. It was worth the wait, but I hope no one has to wait this long. It was 7 months and 6 days from order. I love it. It is what a truck is suppose to be. It is a week late though for sure. We got a foot of snow last Monday (which is almost gone now) and I would have loved to have tested out the 4WD. Oh well. I sure love the baby; and it took about as long as a baby would. I do have one stupid question. Can anyone tell me how to get the instantaneous mpg on the trip computer? The manual doesn't say other than the truck has to be moving. It isn't that big of a deal, but if it is suppose to work I would like to know how it is done. All I can say to everyone waiting is that, like everyone else has said, it is worth the wait, and I should know. So everyone keep optimistic and you will be rewarded when it finally shows up.
    I'm pretty excited, my build date is Mar 29 and told delivery (based on previous orders) should be around April 16. I have nothing bad to say about Stoner & Wade Ford in Quarryville PA. Plus, you deal directly with the owners, no salesman to deal with.

Note: the discussions about priority on you order. Prior to getting a VIN / schedule, the computer print out has the priority (upper right corner of my copy). My priority was '10'. If this is lower, I would be demanding better. Especially when some people are getting trucks and others are waiting.

My buddy has a Dodge Cummins. Also a great truck. Has anyone heard of the cruise control problems (speed takes off)? He's trying to figure out the problem.

Good truckin'.

MJE, your new truck description's really making me anxious.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 18
    Maybe Ford just got a shipment of V10, and Lariat CC parts in. I just got a build date of 3/22. It should arrive in California on 4/8. I ordered 12/5/98. Or maybe the supplyer of those pesky 4x4 stickers finally got off his butt...
    Doesn't have it, never did.
    Actually, the earlier ones did. My owners manual has errata stickers on that page (or was it a stamp) saying that it wasn't on all units (and certainly isn't on mine).
This discussion has been closed.