Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fastbavarianfastbavarian Member Posts: 8
    he has 15K , i have 10K mile
    he has full premium pack and navigation, i have partial.

I believe he can still get some discount. like giving 2000 down plus fees, and get monthly 380.

Update me what did you get final offer.

Thanks.
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    What do you guys think about the maintenance cost after the 4 year 50K is up? Is it a good idea to buy the extended service package if I plan on keeping the car 6 years? We drive no more than 10-12K per year, plus I'm thinking short of a major type problem, most repairs up to 70K miles should less than what their asking. Thoughts are appreciated. I did purchase the rim / tire protection plan for 5 years....reason...run flats and low profile tires w pure aluminum (soft) rims.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------
    335i, jet black/saddle brown, premium, sport, nav, steptronic auto trans, sport wheel w paddles, anti theft, comfort access, heated front seats, satellite w 1 yr, HD radio, ipod & usb:

MSRP: $51,845
    SALES PRICE: $46,500
    State and Local Taxes 6.25%: $2,906.25
    Dealers Inventory Tax: $117.41
    Title, Reg Fee & Inspection: $59.75
    License, License Transfer: $70.80
    Doc Fee: $50.00
    Drive Out Total: $49,704.21

Financed with 1.9% APR....No money down, first payment due Sep 15th.

Love the car!! Unbelievable power!!
  • lvdrumnlvdrumn Member Posts: 5
    Appreciate all your input.

The down I was quoted ($3500) did not include drive-off fees, which I'm unsure of how much that is.

I'm asking two additional dealers today to quote me based on what I submitted for my first quote, so I will keep you posted.

Regarding the features, it seems that most 328 coupes with Nav come with Premium and Sport.

Thanks again...Stephan
  • samuel17samuel17 Member Posts: 9
    Any experience and opinions on the BMW Select option to get into a 3 series? It will allow me to get in my comfort level of monthly cost, as it is about $75 a month less than leasing the same car, with the caveat being I am obligated to purchase at the end of term whereas with a lease I can walk away. I am thinking though that if the final agreed upon baloon payment is based on 15K miles per year, and I never drive over 12K, that the danger of me being under water on the vehicle at the end is slim? I am satified that the selling price of the car that the agreement is based on is very fair, so that is not an issue .Any other downsides to be pointed out are appreciated
  • jjpcatjjpcat Member Posts: 124
    What's the good price for this base model, especially in bay area? Is it easy to find one with power seats option (but without the premium package)? Thanks.
  • rodiddyrodiddy Member Posts: 8
    Does this sound like a good deal? We are about to push the button...
    The offer is 2009 328i coupe
    6-Speed STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission
    Sports Steering Wheel
    Heated Front Seats
    iPod and USB Adapter
    Sport Package
    Leatherete
    for $37900

MSRP $41000
  • cwsjmmcwsjmm Member Posts: 6
    Ok...Tons of great offers on new cars and Cash for clunkers deals, so not sure how smart it is to buy used, at this point, but it sounds like you all are zeroing in on what is a fair price these days for CPO -- any ideas on this one?

2008 335i Convertible, 9,500 mi, Premium & Cold Weather pkgs, Comfort ACcess & Satellite radio.
    Offered @ $49,995

What should I expect as my best deal?
  • bestpriceplsbestpricepls Member Posts: 4
    Hi- I'm interested in hearing thoughts on the following:

I may buy a used 2009 335i w/ X Drive Sedan with the below features:

Sports, Prem, and Cold weather packages
    18in wheels
    PDC
    Sat Radio
    Ipod/USB

The car has 11K miles on it. Dealer is asking $39,800.

Any feedback on what I should really pay for the car is much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    That car brand new (assuming it has an automatic) has a sticker price of over $56,000. $49.995 is an extremely high asking price. All they had to do to this car was buy the CPO warranty & shine the tires.

you didn;t mention where in the US you are.

An '08 is almost 2 (model) years old. The way the economy is, the demand for $50k+ used Twin Turbocharged convertibles is nothing like it was a few years ago. I'll bet you they own that car for $36-$37K. Offer $39K plus tax & see if they'll let you walk out with it for $40,500 + tax. Don't let the low mileage make you think the car is worth THAT much more than the same car with 25K miles. Convertible season is pretty much over. They don't want that car on their lot come the end of September/beginning of October.

Good luck & let us know what happens!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

This is a car that has a sticker price a little north of $51K. With 11,000 miles the dealer had to shine up the rubber & buy the CPO warranty.

$39,800 is their starting price. Offer them $36K + tax and see if they flinch.

Keep us posted!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• axion123axion123 Member Posts: 1
    Hello guys I am buying a 2010 e92 335i with options:

M SPORT PKG
    PREMIUM PKG
    NAV
    LOGIC7 SOUND SYSTEM
    STEPTRONIC
    COMFORT ACCESS SYSTEM
    ANTI-THEFT ALARM SYSTEM
    IPOD & USB ADAPTER

I have checked out True Cars and the invoice/local great/good price to buy are 50,650 / 50,735 / 51,616...but the dealer I had contacted with said that he can offer 1,000 over invoice...which is the BEST offer as he claimed. how do you think? is the price okay to buy?
  • stunyccpastunyccpa Member Posts: 48
    Received a quote

328i Alpine white, Black Dakota Leather

Premium Package
    Steptronic Auto Trans
    17" Inch Wheels w/ All Season Tires
    Heated Seats
    Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    Xenon Highlamps
    Adaptive Light Control
    iPod & USB Adapter
    Variable Light Decoding

3,000 off MSRP

$2,500 down + tax, tags, etc.

36 month lease @ 10k mi/yr

462.58/Month

Thoughts?
  • bestpriceplsbestpricepls Member Posts: 4
    Unfortunately not too much success. Dealer was pretty firm around the $39K area. Also, they lowballed me on my trade in. They've had the car for >100 days so they are having a hard time moving it - it has a manual transmission which doesn't appeal to many these days. I'll be patient and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.
  • ckrelingckreling Member Posts: 23
    SF Bay Area - Concord BMW

328i Coupe
    Black/Black
    Started at Invoice prior to incentives
    2400 Below Invoice (2000 lease cash applied to cap cost, and gave me 400 for being patient during a very busy day)
    MF .0015 (no markup)
    Acq 725 (no markup)
    Resid 61% (10K Miles)

Auto Trans
    Premium
    Nav
    Heated Seats
    Ipod USB Adapter

I am sure part of it is that this is my 2nd car from this dealership.
    I had to pull the trigger at that deal !
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ......the siren song of the 3 series with the 6M transmission - - - - -

The allure is certainly very much in evidence. Great clutch, transmission synchros, and brakes. Alas - for me at any rate - circa $40k is a little too self-indulgent for this sailor.

(But the test drive really impressed me)

best, ez....
    What do you guys think about the maintenance cost after the 4 year 50K is up? Is it a good idea to buy the extended service package if I plan on keeping the car 6 years? We drive no more than 10-12K per year, plus I'm thinking short of a major type problem, most repairs up to 70K miles should less than what their asking. Thoughts are appreciated. I did purchase the rim / tire protection plan for 5 years....reason...run flats and low profile tires w pure aluminum (soft) rims.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - -------------------------------------
    335i, jet black/saddle brown, premium, sport, nav, steptronic auto trans, sport wheel w paddles, anti theft, comfort access, heated front seats, satellite w 1 yr, HD radio, ipod & usb:

MSRP: $51,845
    SALES PRICE: $46,500
    State and Local Taxes 6.25%: $2,906.25
    Dealers Inventory Tax: $117.41
    Title, Reg Fee & Inspection: $59.75
    License, License Transfer: $70.80
    Doc Fee: $50.00
    Drive Out Total: $49,704.21

Financed with 1.9% APR....No money down, first payment due Sep 15th.

Love the car!! Unbelievable power!!
    Does this sound like a good deal? We are about to push the button...
    The offer is 2009 328i coupe
    6-Speed STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission
    Sports Steering Wheel
    Heated Front Seats
    iPod and USB Adapter
    Sport Package
    Leatherete
    for $37900

MSRP $41000
    Not bad, but you might be able to do a little better. I bought mine (post right above yours) at 10.4% below MSRP. It is a gauge to work off of. Especially on a 328i, most dealers have way more 28's than 35's. Plus it's end of year. Good luck.
    Extended maintenance WILL NOT COVER REPAIRS. It is just an extended maintenance plan. You're telling me you'll have the car for 6 years/60K (maybe 72K) miles. Past the 4 year/50K free maintenance, your BMW will require an Inspection II (major service), and maybe an oil change. Hopefully you'll have chewed through a set of pads/rotors by then and you won't have to worry about brakes. Save your money.

I tend to agree. I will most likely not do the plan and instead set that money aside just in case and hopefully I come out ahead and only need to spend around $1,000 or so. I was told the level II inspection runs around $400.

The first option is....Maintenance to 6 yr/100, 000 miles for $2,795. It says factory maintenance at authorized dealer. No deductable. starts from original in-service date. The other option is....Service Contract to 6yr/100,000 miles for $3,425 BMW 2op extended protection only to original owners. BMW original parts.
  • uncmo96uncmo96 Member Posts: 6
    I went to my local BMW dealership to buy a 335xi sedan. I'm looking for a 2009 for the good financing and f2d incentive on the AWD. There were one or two "dealbreaker" options that I had to have. As per the dealer there were only a handful of cars optioned the way I want in the area. My dealer gave me a good price and took a deposit on a car that was at another dealership in the next state over. Unfortunately, he was unable to "swap" a car with that dealer to get my car and the other dealer ended up selling the car that was to be mine. I'm waiting to hear back from my local dealer about what other options are available.

I'm a little annoyed at all this since, I basically ignored my other dealer contacts since I figured once I made the deposit the deal was done. Also, I could have driven to the next state over and bought the car there if I had known this would be an issue. I'm trying to give my local guy the benefit of the doubt since it seems (at least from his emails back and forth with me) that he tried to make a swap even involving a 3rd dealer.

Does this kind of thing happen frequently?
  • ckrelingckreling Member Posts: 23
    My 328i Coupe lease deal above represents a 12% discount from MSRP.
  • raspoidraspoid Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Is this a good deal? 2009 328i

Black Sapphire/Saddle Brown
    6 Speed Steptronic
    Premium package
    Navigation
    iPod USB adapter
    Xenon Headlights
    HD Radio
    Sirius satellite radio
    Heated Seats

MSRP $44,145. Dealer price offered $39,995 incl Destination Charge.

Thanks!
  • parkaveslackerparkaveslacker Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a new BMW 335d with no options except heated seats and paid $37,000... not looking for opinions as much as contributing to the discussions here to give others guidance. It seems all the dealers want $500 over invoice as the bottom. I bought mine from a relatively rural California dealership.

I'm based in the SF Bay Area.
  • jenscarjenscar Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    This is my first time leasing a car on my own, so any advice or input is greatly appreciated!

I am interested in the 328 wagon, went to a dealership (in CA) today and was shown a 2009 328xi a wagon that was a loaner car and has a little over 11,000 miles on it. Salesman said MSRP was $49,720, it is fully loaded, but is now being discounted to $39,900. 36 month lease, 10k per year $539/mo + tax. minimum drive off is $1683.73 (since license is already paid). Ideally I would like to get the payments down to high $300 or low $400, is that reasonable? What is the best way to negotiate lower price.

Thanks!
    Got the car today for 37,190 + 200 doc fee, not including TT and Reg. So far so good!
  • bean_counterbean_counter Member Posts: 1
    I have been enjoying reading all the comments on this site and I am looking for everyone's expertise ! Is the following a good deal:

Tasman Green
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    ipod adapter
    Automatic
    CPO warranty till Oct 2014
    Demo with 12,000 miles
    Floor Mats

This deal also qualifies for the 1.9% financing.

Negotiated a price of $34,500 + tax, with a dealer in CT.

I would be interested in your thoughts around how much value I should attribute to the CPO.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    $37,000 is $789 below invoice...
  • 2007coupe2007coupe Member Posts: 3
    hi i put down 600 too and owe 26,000 and the dealers are trying to sell it to me for 29,000 -how didi you get it so low from the dealer- please give me the dealers name and number- i'll buy my thru him thanks
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    Sounds like a good deal so what was the selling price, residual and monthly payment?
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    Car Man / Others,

Has anyone had an experience with BMW dealers adding an advertising co-op charge and a training service fee to the invoice price of the car? My dealer is trying to add $225 for co-op and $180 for a training service fee.

Please help!

Thanks
  • wethead4wethead4 Member Posts: 5
    do you guys $1340 under invoice is a good deal for a brand new 2009 328xi? basically, as long as its available i can get the car for this price at select dealers (probably anyone can but don't know if its a great deal). the 1340 includes the $1840 incentive, so essentially the dealer is giving me 500 over invoice before the incentive is factored in. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    If you are negotiating an invoice plus deal, you have to expect to pay their invoice.. those charges are on it..

Actually, $225 is pretty low for MACO.. In my area, it's closer to $400...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• akshaygakshayg Member Posts: 4
    I want to buy a 328i, manual base model? what would be a good price to start negotiating with the dealers?
    thank you.
    I got a great deal on a 09 335xi sedan, premimum, nav, ipod, cold weather, metallic paint, logic7 sound system, auto trans. MSRP $52,025. My price $46,950 w/o haggling. (Basically i told the dealer via email, these are the other prices I've recieved via my amex price search service, this is the true car "great price", what's your price?). Truecar has dealer cost 46530, 48370 for invoice. There were some issues with getting the car from another dealer (see prior post), but in the end we got it.

Truecar.com is the way to go for car buying IMO.
    Start negotiating at 15% off MSRP. It's the model year end and they're tring to move them. Our local dealership ran $5,000 off all remaining 2008 5 series back in the spring. Good luck.
    You did great. I'm fairly certain that's the bottom. I purchased the 335i last month, jet black w saddle brown leather, nav, hard loaded with MSRP of $51,845 for $46,500 with 1.9% financing. First payment not due until 9-15. I used the other dealer competitive situation deal to get them down. Finance guy said they rarely ever sell any 335i car for less than $48,995. After it was over, I bought my salesman a nice lunch and wrote a personal letter to him and his boss thanking him for his professionalism.
  • bimmerissuesbimmerissues Member Posts: 1
    Mine came from Rick Hendricks BMW in Charleston, SC, they sold me a damaged, wrecked car as new.
    So who has a BMW E90 E93 335 convertible that leaks ?

Search youtube for "bmw waterfall" for the video of it leaking
    Thanks. One thing loved was that the guy came right out with the best price (well on 2nd attempt). First he quoted me 49000 (this was on my first test drive). I told him I wasn't ready to deal and that I'd get back to him after looking over the numbers. So then i look everything up and told him and he just called me back with that price. (He's like oops I forgot the f2d incentive! Sorry!) Usually I'm one to haggle, but I'm like the guy put himself out there (he left the price as a voicemail on phone). In theory I could have played the phone message for another dealer to try and get more off, but I figured if the guy was straight up and respected my pricing info I might as well buy from him.
  • pacdecimalpacdecimal Member Posts: 39
    Was inquiring about purchasing the car (18,551 miles, automatic only option), but the dealers would not budge off the residual (21,430). Went to turn in the vehicle and the dealer representative offered me a 1K off before I turn in the keys. I said no, and asked about if the car was going to detailed and sold at the dealer lot, and he stated "bmw was going to pick it up tomorrow and will go into auction as they have enough on their lot."

Manheim at Hayward, CA has 357 lot the 16th of September. I wonder if it's where this 325i will wound up?
  • brujaybrujay Member Posts: 3
    Great deal. Is that with Bluetooth as well? I'd love to get the dealer name.
  • runningdocrunningdoc Member Posts: 32
    A quick question - I will be picking up a 335i in the next day in the southeastern US. When I pick it up, the dealer offers two aftermarket warranty packages:

1) A multishield protection package - 5 year coverage of tire and wheel damage, Door Ding repair, Windsheild repair, and emergency roadside assistance. It seems that the last feature is useless on the car, but given the trouble people are reporting with the run flats, I wondered thoughts of the tire and wheel damage feature. It costs about $900.

2) A Nanotechology (from paradigm automotive) covering paint (an exterior protection plan), glass, and interior stains, including rips, etc. Again, about another $900. Again, a 5 year plan.

Any thoughts on either of these, or has anyone had experience with same?

Thanks!
  • texassuntexassun Member Posts: 13
    Hi guys,

It is a demo, msrp is 36,000 I told them 30,000 with tax

Is it good deal??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    $1800? I'd rather have that money in the bank.. The only thing even remotely worth having would be the tire/wheel damage... but, not at those prices..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    Definitely, the 2nd package is garbage.

The first? Hmmm... well, that could depend on where you live and what your experience has been. $900 is not worth for the tire alone, but door dings and windshields, too? Heck, one replacement windshield, one door ding, and one tire in 5 years is all you would need to more than make up the money. I'd want to know all the details, though. I mean, just how much of a door ding will they cover? If you get a chip in your windshield, do they repair or replace? Does the tire coverage only apply to road hazzard? They aren't covering wear, correct?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• runningdocrunningdoc Member Posts: 32
    Tire & Wheel guarantee: includes cost of tire repair/replacement, mounting, valve stems, sales taxes, and labor.

Door Ding: Removal of dents and door dings.

Windshield repair: Repair, not replacement.

Roadside assistance: as expected.

The only one that seems of value might be the first with the run flats and the various issues associated with same. Windshield repair is often covered under glass coverage with insurance, and roadside assistance is already provided by BMW... it just seems that the price is steep for the benefit...

Thoughts?
  • hoinoyhoinoy Member Posts: 10
    The tire and wheel package is definitely worth it if you live in a place with lots of potholes. I have had my car for only 1 yr, I am on my 4th front tire due to the RFT being damaged by potholes and losing pressure. More than paid for itself after 6 months.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    Tire & Wheel guarantee: includes cost of tire repair/replacement, mounting, valve stems, sales taxes, and labor.
    Door Ding: Removal of dents and door dings.
    Windshield repair: Repair, not replacement.
    Roadside assistance: as expected.

Still kind of open-ended. So the tire wheel guarantee is just road hazard, I'm sure. How far will they take the door ding thing? Will it only cover what can be fixed with a dent puller? What if paintwork is needed? covered or not? So you have windshield protection, but only if its repairable? Most windshield incidents are NOT repairable. So sounds like that's useless.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• orsinus1orsinus1 Member Posts: 2
    I was offered the wheel and tire only warranty for $1100.00 when I purchased my 328i this week. I passed. I was offered several other warranties as well.

I am strongly considering replacing the OEM RFT's (run flat tires) based on all the complaints I have read and the road noise. (compared the OEM Bridgestone Turanza EL42's with other tires at Tirerack.com) I have read about others doing this and being happier. But people are not posting the brands and models of tires of the new tires they chose. Seems that most if not all are GFT's however. (get flat tires)

Has anyone done this and what tires did you replace the RFT's with? I am thinking about the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.

Thanks.
    you're in the southeast, so you don't have to worry about potholes.

Your BMW comes standard with roadside assistance for 4 years/50K miles. After that, just join AAA & you'll be golden.

This tire & wheel warranty seems like the lastest rage. My problem with it is that it will only cover the cost of replacing the damaged tire. I always replace tires at least in pairs. You'll still be on the hook for a new tire.

Not worth it. Just say NO THANK-YOU!