Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 335xi_m_sport335xi_m_sport Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I am looking at a 2010 335 xi m sport and have been given the following. (Nav, cold weather, premium package, ipod, comfort access, automatic). MSRP 54,800 "$500 over invoice" offer at $51,350.

I do see that there is now an offer of $2,500 cash back with 4.9% financing which is not included in the above price. Does this look like a good deal?
    Thanks!
  • tripod1tripod1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello-
    I was looking to see if this lease is competitively priced or if I should push for more. Alpine White, value package with moon roof. basically stripped down. MSRP 39,325 dealer is offering 37250 not including 1500 lease cash offered by BMW.

10k per year lease 36 month, money factor of .0028 and residual of 62%. With 0 down I am looking at roughly $450 without tax. Any help would be greatly appreciated on if this is fair or if I should do better.
    Thanks
  • mikerockmikerock Member Posts: 9
    I guess I have missed the 3500+1260 last month, now the dealer only have 1260+ 1500 holiday rebate. Anyone bought one recently?
  • dxldxl Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a 2010 328i in Oct and it will arrive in 1 or 2 weeks. I was going to pay cash but now want to take advantage of the rebate. Can I still get the rebate by financing through BMWFS although this was not available when I signed the order?
    Is there a bank fee associated with financing (18.37 per 1000?)? What is the minimun dollar amount of financing to qualify for the $1500 rebate? I heard there is no pre-payoff penalty but one needs to make at least 2 payments. Could an expert confirm this?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
  • susannehsusanneh Member Posts: 3
    I think the dealer is trying to take advantage of me. Buying first BMW, and they're trying to tell me that the MSRP is practically non-negotiable ("it's simple: we're pretty much told by "corporate" how much we can move on the price." They're projecting a very take-it-or-leave-it attitude.) I've always researched and discovered invoice and offered an amount over invoice, but nowhere near MSRP. I know there is 8.7 percent markup from base to MSRP on this model. With what I'd like to buy (as far as packages go), they'll have to build one for me. I'm interested in a new 2010 335i with premium, cold weather, metallic, auto transmission, iPod and satellite. Retail w/destination is $47,550 with base MSRP at $40,300. What's a reasonable offer? Do they also discount options/packages or just the base? Paying cash w/no trade-in. Isn't the economy still bad enough that I should be getting something more in this negotiation than $130 floormats and $1500 holiday rebate? I'm happy to drive to another dealership to do business if this one won't deal. But before I go back and name MY price, I need advice on what that should be. PLEASE help?
  • hollandoghollandog Member Posts: 36
    I was negotiating a 2010 fully loaded 328xi with a bunch of dealers. One of my local dealers agreed to my invoice + $300 offer not including the $1500 rebate over the email.

When I got to the dealership the dealer added a few hidden charges to the cap cost.
    Which includes

-$180 Training Fee (WTF?)
    -$300 Marketing + Advertisement Fee (seriously?)
    -$600 Labor charges (car wash labor, transportation labor..etc, right.)

The dealer said BMW bills them for these charges and they are internal fees that don't show up on the internet invoices. Can I call that BS?

The MSRP is $42990 and supposed with an invoice of $39595.
    He gave me $40975 as "their" invoice + $300.

I gave time for him to explain the hidden fees then I walked away.

He also told me that New York has a cap of $745 for max MSD.
    So you basically can't put 7 MSD to reduce the MF in New York according to him.
    Is it true?
  • howiefromsocalhowiefromsocal Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I am looking at an '09 328i sedan with automatic, premium pkg, heated seats and ipod/usb. MSRP is $40,000, invoice $36,865. Carsdirect can get me for $35,340 in so cal with 2.9% BMWFS financing. Is this a good deal? People seem to have been posting better deals in October?!? Where can I get a better deal? I went to one BMW dealer and told him I wanted below $35,340 and he told me to go with carsdirect. He said he wouldn't beat them on price. Any help appreciated. thanks!
    Last month dealer has 3500+1260 to give, this month only 1500+1260.
    Some dealer are trying to get me a 2009 328i with less than 10k miles on it. Anyone has experience with those cars, they do have maintenance and warranty for another three years though.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Try carsdirect dot com or Costco/BJ buying service. Or pay a male friend $100~$200 to get you a good deal via sending email quotes to multiple dealers to their Internet Sales Mgr, which would be $1,500 above invoice minus incentives.
    Thanks so much. I have successfully negotiated to a purchase at about $1500 over invoice, which seems to be fair. BTW, I don't think it'd have to be a MALE friend who could get quotes from internet sales managers, since they don't seem to be as biased (and sometimes can't even tell that the emailer is female) as the in-person sales force at auto dealers. I did, in fact, get quotes online (doing it myself, but I like your idea of getting help if time is short) and that is what aided my negotiation. I went in armed with the data (invoice v. MSRP, competitive quotes, etc.), and that's what got us to the point where I'd buy the car. I don't know to what extent my negotiation with the dealer was influenced by my gender, or how much of it is just the "you're lucky to even be in our dealership" attitude of a luxury car dealer.
  • sanfrannewbiesanfrannewbie Member Posts: 3
    You should press for invoice, not a dollar more. I live in the Bay Area and took several days and e-mails but eventually got quotes for invoice -- plus floor mats thrown in -- when I ordered a 335 in late Sept. Be firm and ready to walk out/hang up/go elsewhere. We're still in a recession with 10% unemployment and $50,000 cars are simply not necessary, for Pete's sake. Good luck!
  • bmwleaser1bmwleaser1 Member Posts: 5
    I am trying to understand the advertised lease for a 2010 BMW 328i X-Drive Sedan that is listed on BMW's website. It states that the lease is $369/mo (no tax or title) based on a MSRP of $39,650, $1500 cap reduction, $3500 down, and $24,583 residual. In trying to figure out what the money factor is to produce this deal, I come up with something between .0014 and .0015. Does that sound right, or am I missing something? I have tried to contact BMW finance to ask, but they will not tell me (stating that one must speak with a dealer).

Assuming my calculation is right, has anyone obtained this rate from a dealer?
    The MF should be 0.00240 for 36mos/15k miles for november
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You can't reverse engineer the money factor, unless you know all other variables. You are missing the selling price/cap cost that the lease is based on.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, kyfdx! I really appreciate your help. But I think that I have the cap cost. It's $39,650 minus $1500 holiday credit, minus $3500 down payment to equal $34,650. Right? That's what the advertisement says. If there's some other amount provided to the dealers as an incentive that is necessary to recreate BMW's deal, they should tell me that, shouldn't they?

It's a tad frustrating because lease calculation isn't rocket science. It doesn't have to be so obscure.
    Thanks, holandog! I really appreciate your help. But it still doesn't make sense to me. There's no way to plug in .00240 into any web-based lease calculator and get the deal BMW advertises on its website (excluding taxes and title, of course).

Also, BMW's lease deal is set through January 1st. How can you have a set advertised monthly payment if you're basing it on a money factor that changes every month. It just seems that there has to be a money factor linked with this deal. That has been my experience in leasing from other companies.
    This should be the exact deal that BMWUSA website is offering.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ar4t5IoMxTytdF9UMW1MT3NDSTJxOTNndVhkbDR- - TN0E&hl=en

MSRP $39,650.00
    Cap Cost $36,400.00 ($1500 Holiday Cash + $1750 Dealer Contribution)
    MF 0.00240
    RV 62%
    36 months
    10,000 miles
    Security Deposite $400
    Bank Fee $725
    Down payment $3500

Monthly Payment $368.99 excluding local sales tax.

The invoice of the car is $36,555 and the selling price is $37,900.
    You're getting a $1,345 over invoice deal which is not a good deal at all for a 328 at this time.

If you do some negotiation with the dealers, $300 over invoice isn't much of a problem now for a 2010. (Not including the $1500 holiday cash)
    Wow -- that's amazing! Thanks, hollandog!
  • socalwoosocalwoo Member Posts: 2
    I'd like to know this also.. can you negotiate the marketing support into the price, in addition to the 2500 joy? marketing support is pretty significant at $2500 on some models..
  • esqtesqt Member Posts: 1
    Due to the econ. is it reasonable to ask for $3,000-5000 below invoice on a new 2010 BMW 328i sedan model? Sports package (nothing fancy)
  • calbinocalbino Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase my first BMW...have driven Camry's for 20 years or so.

Configured a 2010 328i jet black with Steptronic trans, Power front seats w/driver memory, Nav system, and Premium hi-fi system (Logic 7). The price came to $38,970 and the sales guy knocked $1000 off right away, so base price is now $37,970.

The add on doc fee of $499, DMV fee of $170 (need new plates), Sales tax of 6% ($2,308). They are applying the $1500 holiday rebate and offering 3.9% on financing.

If I put down $4000 I will be financing $35,447 at 3.9% for 60 months.

Are there any areas I should push back on, or between the holiday rebate and the sales guy knocking of another $1000 is about the best I can hope for?

Thanks for any advice!

C
  • hemanthhhemanthh Member Posts: 40
    Never hurts to ask. Prices for the same car vary by dealership. Plus towards the end of the year, dealers are desperate to make a sale. I'd shop around, negotiate every where and get their lowest prices and then go back to the place where you found the best car, and ask them to match the lowest price.
  • raja6raja6 Member Posts: 7
    I wonder whether we have VIN Etching and splashguards are available . I couldn't see it any where in bmw site.

One dealer mentioned some difference between All season Rubber mats and All Season floor mats.Is it any ?

Does value package contains heated steering whel or we should treat that as separate cost?

How much price (below MSRP) is the best price in NJ .I want to know that whether i am getting good deal or ok deal. I am loking for 328xi Sedan with Premium and Automatic and value package.

Thank for any adivce for my 1st BMW.

Thanks
    Raj
    Any idea what is the Reasonable price for Wheel and Tire protection package being offerd from BMW for 5 years. I am seeing rates in this forum from 300-1400 and i was being offered at 1700 from 1900 MSRP.

Can i take this option after the vehicle delivery or do i need to decide on delivery day itself?

Thanks
    Raj
  • foreveruiforeverui Member Posts: 4
    Just want to buy a 2009 328XI Coupe and also want to get a good price.

MSRP: 45050
    Invoice: 41515
    Rebate and Incentive: $1500+$1840+$Marketing Support $1500
    TMV Price: $42478

I read some of messages in the forum and understand that the price varies large for differernt dealer. I want negotiate from TMV Price and if I can get it, the final price will be 42500-1500-1840-1500 = $37660. Is this a good deal?

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Ray
  • newbee11newbee11 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Folks:

I am new here. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I am thinking about purchasing a 2006 330 xi with about 47,000 miles, cold weather, nav, premium pkge, and xenon headlamps. It would be my 1st BMW.

Could you please tell me what would be a fair price for this 06 and should i go newer? Looking for sound advice and a fair deal. Thank you in advance!
  • goatee9goatee9 Member Posts: 6
    Please let me know which dealer did you get from? My email is uyenvy99@yahoo.com
    Thanks,
    You should be dealing from the invoice up or down, not from the MSRP down.

Basically you want to get an invoice -(minus) all the incentives deal.
    Some people can get couple hundreds lower than that and some can get a little higher depend on situation.
    Figure out invoice and what you're willing to pay above that. I can't imagine anyone going below invoice, unless there's something I'm missing. You may mean $3k-5k below MSRP? What I did was to go in with the numbers (invoice and MSRP and competitive prices from 2 other dealerships) on the car I wanted, then offered $1500 over invoice. They then came back with the late addition of info that, by the way, they also add $ for advertising coop and training, so I told them they'd need to take that out of the $1500, thereby not increasing my offer. I could've done the deal for a few hundred less at a dealership 100 miles away (internet request for price), but decided to stay local since they'd done the work with me up to that point and my time and 2 trips to another state did count for something to me.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    I paid $600 or $650 back in 2006 for 4 yr / 50k miles.
    It paid for a cracked wheel.
  • izzydogizzydog Member Posts: 9
    Anyone know of new financing incentives on 09 3 series (335 convertible)?
    Can anyone suggest me any BMW Dealers in NJ to get 16" wheel and Tire Protection package for 5 years with reasonable rate.

I am taking my vehicle from my dealer today and my dealer is not interested to reduce earlier mentioned amount.

Thanks
    Raj
    I am thinking to take Lo Jack and not sure how it is really beneficial and thinking to take it if it comes reasaonable rate .

I wonder what are the reasonable price range for this. I offered lo jack for $800 in NJ but before going for it i want expert's opinion on going for it and at what cost.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Raj
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Unless your insurance will drop by $250 a year with lojack and you're keeping the car for 4+ years, what's the point? So if someone steals your car you might get it back? You don't want a stolen vehicle returned to you.
  • rajm2rajm2 Member Posts: 2
    Was anyone able to get a discount on an BMW extended warranty from the dealer. I do not want to purchase an aftermarket warranty but rather an original BMW warranty. If so could you please let me know the amount of the discount and the dealer and contact.

Thanks for your help.
  • anowlananowlan Member Posts: 48
    If the car is recently purchased/leased and new, consider putting off this purchase. It's no more expensive at 3y, 11mo with 49,500 miles on the odo than it is when you buy the car. Plus your needs and wants may change or the car may be totalled before then, and you can't recoup that money. I don't know who, but there are dealers mentioned over at e90post.com who will sell you this product at a discount. Also, know that there are 2 separate BMW products. One is an extended warranty, and there is a separate product that covers maintenance costs to 6y/100k, like BMW covers you for the first 4y/50k. I hope this helps.
  • rajm2rajm2 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help. It is a 2006 and I can extend the warranty until December 09. e90post.com is an amazing site as well. I will post a message on it as well.

Thanks
  • bmwjli777bmwjli777 Member Posts: 3
    I checked invoice price on Edmunds, there is $1260 automatic transmission credit for 2010 328i, however, dealer told me it only applies to 2009 3 series, is it true?
    Thanks!
  • plasmoplasmo Member Posts: 16
    Got a quote from my dealer and wanted to check to see if this was a good deal:

New 2010 328xi Automatic transmission
    Black Sapphire metallic
    Sport package
    Steptronic
    NAV
    Anti-theft alarm

MSRP is $41,800.
    Dealer offered -$2500 plus the -$1500 Holiday credit + floor mats

:confuse: What do people think? Thanks! :confuse:
    That's right .Automatic Transmission rebate is not available for 2010 3 series. There is only 1500 Holiday offer on 2010 3 series if we go for BMW Financing/Leasing.
  • highlhighl Member Posts: 32
    Hi,
    I have been given quote for $1000 under invoice before $1500 holiday offer for this in the bay area (CA). Is it a good offer or there is room for further bargain?

tia
  • mycrvmycrv Member Posts: 3
    Hi highl,
    Can you pass me the dealership information ? I am planning to close the deal by the end of this month.

Thanks
  • jnelson12jnelson12 Member Posts: 4
    Hey everyone,
    Looking for help on my situation PLEASE. Please give me your input on which, if any, is the better deal.

06 325i Sedan (not CPO) 47,000 miles, Black exterior, Tan Interior, Premium and Cold Weather Package, Navigation. Asking $23,491. Won't budge on price but will assume the last 4 months of my Toyota Thundra lease.

09 328i Sedan 33 miles, Black exterior, black interior, pretty much stock except for the 17' V spoke rims. Asking $32,745. Will not do anything for my lease.

The 06 scares me because the warranty will be out soon and the 09 scares me because I believe I can get a better price once 2010 hits. Are both of these prices fair asking prices in this market and economy? Thanks for your help!
    The 06 will require a warranty and extended maintenance to provide some measure of the cost-free motoring the 09 will provide over the next 4 years. Even then, when 2011 rolls around it will probably be totally out of warranty.

The 09's have $1500 holiday credit right now- could that cover your 4 lease payments? A good price for a BMW is $500 over invoice, then subtract any holiday credit. Use edmunds to calculate invoice, and add $500. Then subtract the holiday credit. That's a reasonable deal. $32745 for a stripped model sounds high, and are they really going to have success moving that car?

Why not wait 4 months, till your Tundra lease is up, or order a 2010 optioned how you like it next month- by the time the car arrives from Germany your lease will be up and the car will be how you like it. 09's are probably pretty "picked over" at this point. The 2010s are here. I have one. Hope this helps. Neither deal sounds compelling to me.
    Those were my thoughts exactly!! I know that the dealer does not want an 09 on their lot at this point. They actually have 2 on their lot! They are unwilling to help out with my lease or lower the price of the car. If neither dealership is willing to deal now, I'm sure they will in the next few weeks. So i'll move off of both of these deals and search elsewhere.

Another question? Why is BMW so big on their 09 models that include this Balloon type financing. I think that this is a horrible deal for the consumer. Just wondering about everyones thoughts on this. Thanks.
    Are you referring to leasing? Or BMW Select, which is a balloon financing instrument? If leasing, it's a big part of their business model. If BMWSelect, they do that sometimes to make their higher-end models more affordable, like the M-cars. Some people think that they can afford the M3 with BMWS, whereas they would struggle to afford the payments if it was conventionally financed.
    I understand leasing. I'm talking about the BMWSelect. This was what was pushed on me first with the 09 3 series. So you end up paying 9 years for a $32k vehicle!! I just don't know who in their right mind would go for something like that!! I'm sure there are a lot of folks that fall for that though.
  • wonderfullwonderfull Member Posts: 15
    Can you email me the dealership info as well?
    Thx.
    Girish
    girishbhat@yahoo.com
  • highlhighl Member Posts: 32
    I have not pulled the trigger yet on my BMW deal. I am still deciding between g37 and BMW 328i. I think $1000 off invoice ( before $1500 holiday cash) is easy to get. Can anybody comment if this is a good deal and i should take as is.