Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• laxcarslaxcars Member Posts: 20
    Sorry maybe I should be more specific... I am looking for a 2011 328i sedan and interested in getting a 36 month lease for the lowest possible amount. What are the current numbers for the residual and money factor for the car on a 36 mo lease for 10k/yr or 12k/yr?

Do you think that waiting until mid-November at least will help with these as they might be more aggressive with the end of the year and the holidays coming up?

Thanks!
  • mpmkmpmk Member Posts: 1
    The current incentives (as listed on the BMW site):
    http://goo.gl/NqUEj

$3,500 ECO Credit
    $1,500 Allowance

TOTAL is $5k off MSRP
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    What are the current lease numbers for a 2012 335i convertible? I am looking at a 36 month lease with 12k miles per year? Thanks so much. Also, are the numbers considerably better or worse if I were to lease a 2011? There seem to be more of these around than the 2012s at the moment. Also, if anybody has a Los Angeles dealer that is willing to go lower than $500 above invoice, I would love their info. Thanks so much!
  • hegs910hegs910 Member Posts: 4
    2011 Sedan 335xi:
    MSRP: 52565
    Selling: 46805
    Black/black
    AWD
    Premium pkg
    Sports pkg
    Paddle shifters
    Heated seats, wheel
    NAV
    Ipod/usb
    Sat Radio

36 month/10K miles
    They are paying my last Audi payment of $516
    (They are changing me an extra $15 a month for this, can I have them eat the payment easily?)

Bank fee+1smt month pymt+taxes/titles/fees= $3471 (down)
    0 cap cost

Total monthly pymt= $569

I don't think I got the $1500 allowance either...

Please let me know what you guys think, anything would be appreciated.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with someone who has bought a car, or intends to buy one in November 2011. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 18, 2011 and include your contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• algreen345algreen345 Member Posts: 2
    What do you think about this price?

2011 335d
    Saphire Black/Black Leather
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Navigation
    Ipod/USB
    Satellite

MSRP: $52,225

Negotiated Price: $42,825

Anyone think its worth waiting a few more weeks more off than this? Lots of 335d's in the area...

Is it right that the current lease money factor is .0018 and the residual on 10k miles is 60%?

Feedback would be appreciated.
  • dale2009dale2009 Member Posts: 10
    It is so nice of you, and very thanks for the link. I am interested in purchasing a model of 335d. For this special offer, it also includes a 0.9% APR for 24 months. What does the $42.09 per $1000 mean?
    Thanks.
    Dale
  • dale2009dale2009 Member Posts: 10
    Check thismodel from www.bmwus.com, there is a special offer for 2011 335d
    $3500 ECO credit
    $1500 allowance

You should be able to get it at a lower price.

What does the "current lease money factor is .0018 and the residual on 10k miles is 60%" mean?

Thanks.

Dale
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    For this special offer, it also includes a 0.9% APR for 24 months. What does the $42.09 per $1000 mean?

If you borrow $40K at 0.9% for 24 months, the payment will be 40 X $42.09

(or, $1683.60 per month for 24 months)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• eppisgoodeppisgood Member Posts: 3
    How much if a discount off the list price could you expect on a CPO 2008 335i?
  • eppisgoodeppisgood Member Posts: 3
    Black/Beige
    31k miles
    Premium Package
    Sport Package with Paddle Shifters
    Split Rear Seats
    Heated Front Seats
    Navigation
    iPod/USB Adapter

Listed for $30,000 even. The same car (minus split rear seats but with the comfort access system) is going for similar prices at http://www.bmwusa.com CPO inventory search. Been listed for sale for a few weeks.

Carfax says it is a lease return and was purchased in Newport Beach, CA. A few months before the current dealer put it up for sale it was serviced by Valencia BMW (computer reprogrammed, fuel injector replaced, recommended maintenance performed, oil & filter changed) ... not sure if that was the lease end inspection or not.

About a year ago my friend purchased the same car (minus the split seats but with the comfort access system) but year 2007, for $28k at Berkeley BMW. I offered $27k and the salesman said they wouldn't budge, said they were only making $500 profit, but that he'd look into what could be done and would call me tomorrow. I won't buy it for $30k as there are a few other CPO's without the split & heated seats going for $28k (that have black or grey interior, which I prefer). Think I should stick to my $27k?
  • sartorial23sartorial23 Member Posts: 2
    White 2011 328xiT
    6400 miles (loaner fleet for 10 months)
    Premium, cold weather, value pkgs.
    Navigation
    Sirius w/ 1 year sub
    black roof rails
    Heated steering

Before any negotiating, the dealer offered a selling price of $41,500 (KBB has the suggested retail from a dealer at $43,285 with these options and miles). I asked for him to put in the security deposits that I have read about on this forum which would total $3,500. At 10k miles per year and an adjusted residual amount of $28,730, my monthly payment would be $483.62 + tax.

-Does anyone have experience leasing a loaner? Is it just a bad idea to start with?
    -Does this being a loaner have any impact on whether or not I should go with the security deposits?
    -How does this deal sound and where should I look to negotiate if much room at all?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    I'm not really familiar with the market for that car, but leasing a service loaner can be a very good deal, if the price is low enough...

Forget what the retail number from KBB is... Find out the original MSRP, and see what sort of discount you are receiving, relative to a brand-new car..

Service loaner has no impact on MSDs... No reason not to use that program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sartorial23sartorial23 Member Posts: 2
    Here's the particulars:

2011 328xiT
    Black sapphire
    Premium, value pkgs
    Heated steering wheel and seats
    Black roof rail
    Nav
    Sirius
    Harmon Kardon

MSRP: $46,090
    Invoice: $42,615

Negotiated sales price: $43,704
    Doc fee: $399 (big I know)
    7 security deposits

Pmt: $558 (tax included)

Ideally I wanted to get my payment down around $530, how does this deal sound to you all and can I feasibly get that payment down out of the money over invoice and or doc fee.

Thanks!
  • swadwaniswadwani Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Hi - so here is what I am getting offered for a 328i sedan (automatic with premium package):

MSRP: $38,255
    selling price: $32,345
    36 months
    10,000 miles a year
    Money factor: 1.8
    Residual: 63% ($24,018)
    Monthly payment: $360.10 (before tax; $389.81 after tax)
    $0 down; drive off $787.52 (includes license/registration of $349, doc fee of $45, first payment of $389.81).

Thanks in advance
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    in NJ MSRP $43.5k

10k miles/yr 36 month lease

$800 Total OOP, $440/mo including 7% sales tax

happy hunting, two dealers committed at this price. residual a whopping 72% !!!
  • dacurafandacurafan Member Posts: 5
    Hi Guys,

I know its a wrong place to post but i dont see much activity on 1 Series Thread.

We just bought the executive used vehicle 2011 128i with 7200mi on it. We bought it for 25200 + TTL=26500 OTD.Guys do you think Is this a Good deal or we spent more?

The Car has below options.

1) Front Heated seats.
    2) Auto Triptronic Transmission.
    3) BMW Assistance With Bluetooth.
    4) Sun/Moon Roof.
    5) Rain Sensor and Auto Head lights.
    6) Black Letherrette.
    7) BMW Teleservices.
    8) ANTI THEFT Systesm.
    9) Multifunction Steering wheel.

Thank you in Advance. :confuse:
  • my328xomy328xo Member Posts: 5
    Just got my first new 328xi.

2011, auto
    Jet black on black dakota leather
    prem package
    moonroof
    conve package

MSRP 40957.00
    Final 36890.00 ($4000 discount: invoice was $37,756.00)

Added PM extended warranty to 6/75K with refund if I don't use.
    Maintenance free 6/100k for 2099.00

PenFed is offering 48-72 month 2.49% auto loan; When I brought this to the dealer, they found better rate 2.39% for 60 month with Suntrust.

It's great time to buy 2011 328xi (even though new one's out in a few months, but prob that's is the reason why price is so low.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    sounds like a fantastic deal to me.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    First, thanks to you all in these excellent forums. Now time to give back-

numbers just got better again, even better than November on the 328's

328i xDrive with Navi, Premium, Heated Steering, Satallite, Value Pkg $43.5K - 3200 discount
    27 mo lease 10k miles/yr $411/mo incl CT Taxes, $725 total driveaway. Happy Hunting
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Hey - congrats on your new 3er. Where in CT are you & which dealer did you buy from?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• knarangknarang Member Posts: 4
    I am hearing there are new factory to dealer incentives in December. Anyone know details?
  • ajs122ajs122 Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
    just leased a 328i sedan in LA as follows;

premium package, automatic, list was 38550, sales price was 33620, residual was 62%, 820 at closing including 1st payment for 36mo, 12K/yr. monthly ended up $445 including LA tax, AAA credit.

I was told that BMW did not change incentives for Dec. I have no idea if thats true but I'm a happy camper anyway.
  • puffin1puffin1 Member Posts: 276
    You did well, the incentives would't of help you. I buy a new 3 series every 3 years only because the wife won't let me lease.That's because her brother leased a Fives series and he died and she claims her sister got stuck with the lease or had to buy car outright. If it's true I'll keep on buying and write my part #'s down.
  • oblomovoblomov Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone have lease rates and discounts for December for 328i Xd Wagon? Thank you, would really appreciate it.
  • beemer_hausbeemer_haus Member Posts: 1
    I personally think this is a good deal. Above average, 2008 BMW 335I's with this mileage, sell for about 27K at the Manheim Auctions. It's definitely a bonus having a 335 with a CPO. They are known for having issues. I would say go for it.

PS Don't forget to check the Carfax and Autocheck Report! It's not worth 30k if it's been in an accident or has uni-body damage! (Uni-body damage only shows up on Autocheck!)
  • vinceyvincey Member Posts: 6
    Hi swadwani, is $32,345 a special lease price? Can you get the same price if you buy the car out right? Thanks.
  • coolbizcoolbiz Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2011
    Looking to lease 2011 328i base model, 15,000 miles, excellent credit, 36 months, 0 money down (just 1st money and tag and title)....best price I got so far is 430 a month including tax? Wanted to know if its a good deal or can I find something lower? what am I looking for as far as residual and money factor right now?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to interview car shoppers who are weighing a BMW 3 Series or Mercedes C-Class this month because of the incredible incentives/lease deals that are available. If you are tempted, please email pr@edmunds.com by Monday, December 19, 2011 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your thought process so far.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cabo2007cabo2007 Member Posts: 3
    Hi - What state are you in? I'll be making my first trip into a dealership on Thursday.
  • coolbizcoolbiz Member Posts: 19
    Miami, Florida..I went ahead and signed for it, it was the best deal I got from all the dealerships I visited, hope it was a good one.
  • mattm82mattm82 Member Posts: 2
    2012 328i Coupe
    MSRP - $49,175
    36 mo/ 10k year

Includes:
    M Sports Leather Steering Wheel w/Paddles
    BMW Apps
    Navigation
    BMW Assist w/Enhanced BT & USB
    BMW Assist w/Enhanced BT & USB
    Premium Package
    Dark Burl Walnut
    Satellite Radio w/1 Year Subscription
    M Sport Package

Offering $840 drive-off (includes first month payment and title). $589 month plus FL taxes. Is this a good deal?
  • ben2eben2e Member Posts: 3
    Those of you with experience, how do you go about getting a good deal ? A few years ago, there were many "brokers" who would shop for you and end up buying from large dealerships in Southern California. Short of calling those dealerships directly, I was curious the best way to go about buying or even if there was a reliable broker.

I'd love to just cut to the chase and go to the most likely place to give me the best discount. I'm hoping to get the new 3-series when it's out in February.

Sorry the vague question. It's hard to immagine going (or even calling) every dealer possible but maybe that's what it takes. I've tried CarBargains.org before with cheaper cars and it's worked quite well.
  • lihkinlihkin Member Posts: 7
    Hi guys,

I am looking to lease a 2012 328i convertible. Have a few questions:

1) What is the money factor and residual for the 2012 328i convertibe?
    2) What is the money factor and residual for the 2012 328i coupe?
    3) What is the money factor and residual for the 2011 328i sedan?
    4) My dealer is offering the 2012 328i convertible with auto, premium, convenience, heated front seats, navigation, satellite radio, bmw apps (MSRP 55,125) for $675 pm (with taxes) and $1,108 cash of deliver. Is that a good price or can I get it lower?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    I'd love to just cut to the chase and go to the most likely place to give me the best discount. I'm hoping to get the new 3-series when it's out in February.

I wouldn't hold out for big discounts on the brand new 3 series right when they come out. When the new car hits the lots, especially in "I gotta be the 1st one on the block to have it" Southern California, you can expect maybe a $500 - $1000 discount off sticker if you've bought X amount of cars from a certain dealer.

I have read of a poster using a pay service called carwoo that landed him an excellent deal on an Acura TL, but short of that you are going to have to be patient & do lots of leg work. Good luck!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• bmwtilidiebmwtilidie Member Posts: 3
    Looking at a 328i, value package, automatic. Got a quote for 32100 OTD, anyone got a better deal?
  • ben2eben2e Member Posts: 3
    Thanks,

Found this article on them: http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/carwoo-demystifying-the-art-of-the-de- al/

Sounds like it's at least worth a try. I definitely don't expect a discount right away but you'd figure if you were to order one, they'd have more reason to bargain. Unless they have a quota ; ( which I suppose they probably do. Price I'll pay for being the first on the block.
  • drsteindrstein Member Posts: 9
    Id like to say hello to our hosts and ask this most important question. My 09 328i sedan lease expires in Aug 2012. I'm looking at the lease offers for 2011s and really can't remember more enticing offers on 2011 328i X Drives and 335i Xs. I leased my car down south but am now living up north for the next yr, would really prefer an X Drive. BMW offers of 328 Xs at $329(3554.00 cash down) and 335Xs at $429 (4154 cash down) really are tempting. My quetion(s) do you think theres anything left in those deals, any possibility of getting the dealers to tighten those figures ...perhaps reducing the money down ?? Also, based on a trong used car mkt, will it be worth it based on the fact that I have approx 6 payments on my current lease of 370.00 mnth. My credit is approx 785. In a nutshell, do you think it possible to get into a 335iX with little down and be at 400 a month, considering 6 payments left on my 09 ??? Help....I'd like to try and do this.....but don't want to waste my time w/ a dealer if not feasable
  • agbasheragbasher Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone know? Thanks.
  • SrikzquestSrikzquest Member Posts: 10
    @agbasher: I guess they will be up after the Detroit Auto show but bmwblog has them for a while...here is the link incase if you haven't gone through...
    http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/11/23/2012-bmw-3-series-pricing-options-and-packages- /
  • agbasheragbasher Member Posts: 18
    Thanks; didnt see that info before!
  • supercharger17supercharger17 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered me a 328I sedan yesterday with the following packages:

1. Cold Weather 2. Driver Assistance 3. Parking 4. Premium 5. Sport 6. Adaptive M 7. Technology

Total price paid: $45,290

I think I got a fantastic deal using military discounts!
  • harsha_1983harsha_1983 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone . Please help me with your valuable feedback about the deal being offered to me by a local BMW dealer.This is my First BMW and am very very happy but at the same thing concerned to see if this is deal is a good one.
    Below is the car details;
    2008 335XI AWD Sedan
    Mileage: 25K
    Options :
    Cold weather package
    Premium package
    Convenience package
    Navigation system.
    CPO .
    Price is 30K + $1800( MA Sales tax + documentation fees) . In addition top this I have a rebate of $1000 for 2008 CPO vehicles from BMW . And the Interest rate for 48 months is .9%APR.

Thank you.
  • jnyzjnyz Member Posts: 102
    7k more and you can buy a new one with the same options. Something to think about.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    Say what?

A new 335i xDrive sedan starts out at a shade over $45,000.

That's before any options.
  • my328xomy328xo Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a new 328xi same as above minus nav

Was 36600. Add nav for another 1500, I would say the new one will be about 38100. If you can fork up another 8000k, I would go with new because a lot of little things have been fixed since 2008. It is a great car if you decide to get it. Best wishes....
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    As long as you remember you are talking about a 328xi, not a 335xi, as was the original poster's topic.

I drive a 328i conv., and I love it.
  • jnyzjnyz Member Posts: 102
    My a d d must of kicked in and I miss that. Sorry.
  • wing911wing911 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    how much should i offer for a OTD price if i living in san francisco ? is the sticker price fair ? or i should aim at lower?
    http://www.peterpanbmw.com/detail-2008-bmw-3_series-4dr_sdn_335i_rwd-used-816840- 3.html
  • junfjunf Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    i know 2012 is out next week and I was shopping a non bmw first as i want to try sth different but disappointed at driving g37J (the famous transmission lagging problem) and tsx, and feel jacked price on audi a4. MB c300 is fine but looks too much plastic.

Then brought me back to bmw and got this offer with 0.9% 60month and current $2500 bmw incentive.

2011 328i premium pkg, heated seat, the free value pkg at $34000+3% tax+500 doc fee

is this a good deal or more room to chop? or if keep price ask add things?

what will be a good price at this moment since 2012 is right at corner? thanks a lot.

plan to sell it maybe 2.5 yrs later or am i better off to lease?