Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    Haven't inquired about pricing yet but that seems pretty good for a new model. I thought dealers usually mark $500-$1000 off the MSRP on new model year BMWs.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking for new-car buyers who feel they've been victimized by unscrupulous salespeople. Email pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 13, 2012 with a few words about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• soopra1soopra1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm also in the market for a 2012 328 and one dealer here advertises about $1,750 off MSRP for the 2012 328i on their website. I'm in the bay area.
  • gcimangciman Member Posts: 5
    Hello car man and others info

Want to know if this is a good deal, BMW 328i 2012 Msrp 45,380 final price 42,910
    2,470 off Msrp 36 months 12 miles per year, return lease customer, 529 month 3,597 due at signing which covers taxes 1,754, 1st month payment 529, inception fees 725, documents fee 289, DMV 300. My current lease it's due in June it's this a good deal or not.
  • brucenycbrucenyc Member Posts: 15
    Supposed to pick up a 2012 328i this week,luxury model,premium and cold weather package with nav and blue tooth, no money down,taxes,destination,and bank fee up front for 545 a month 36 months 10k miles a year. Does this sound like a good deal to anyone ?
    Don't know if my original post went threw. I have a 2012 328i luxury with premium,cold weather,nav,satalite radio,and blue tooth on order. No money down 36 months 10k miles a year. Taxes,bank fee,and first month up front,about 3k. The monthly is $545. does this sound like a good deal ?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Bruce

Don't pay your taxes up front. They should be rolled into the pmt. What is the sticker price, selling price, money factor, residual value?

BMW is really giving away remaining 2011 328xi sedans. I'm paying $572/month with taxes and 20K per year allotment.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I don't have the exact paperwork on hand. I know I can get a great deal on the 2011,but I loved the 2012. Maybe I'm a fool,especially living in NY without all wheel drive,but hey I did it for many years before. Why put taxes in lease ?
    Hello want to know if this it's a good deal
    Msrp 42,445 selling price 40,445
    36 moths , 12 miles per year, payments $580 per month 0 due taxes an fees in include in payments
    Residual 64, money factor 1.9 it's this a good deal closing deal tomorrow please advice thanks
    Bruce

If you love the 2012, then go for it. Roll the taxes into the payment because if the car gets stolen or totaled at any point during the lease, good luck getting your tax money back from Mayor Bloomberg & Governor Cuomo.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Nyccarguy could you check my deal and let me know if it's good 2000 off msrp the one I posted today thanks a bunch
    Like I told Bruce before, don't pay your taxes up front. If the car gets stolen or totaled during the lease, you are out that money. If your lease is up in June, I might hold off until Memorial Day weekend when deals on cars start to get juicy.

Got the paperwork on the lease, 2012 328 msrp 46945,selling price 44843.90,no money down,taxes bank dock up front. 10k miles a year,money factor 0.00195 [whatever that means] $545 a month.
    The car is pretty loaded so I know the msrp is correct. Does this still sound like a fair deal ?
  • koolkillerkoolkiller Member Posts: 12
    Below is what I was offered from a local dealer. Is this a good deal?

BMW 2012 328i Base model
    Mineral Grey Metallic Color
    Dakota Leather Black
    Premium Package
    Heated Front Seats

MSRP: $40,445
    Dealer's Pricing including all incentives: $37,665
    The discount sounds great, but are your sure the msrp is correct ? Did you check the price?
    I checked on BMW website and MSRP is correct.
    Make sure your getting everything you want. The first car I ordered had no Bluetooth. Another one I priced has no satellite radio. Otherwise sounds like you fdealgreat deal
    Thanks Bruce. I'm going in to check out the car this Saturday. Can't wait...
  • chancebuyerchancebuyer Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 535i fully loaded from South Bay BMW of Torrance. Great price and i was thrilled. But, that has come to an end. Very poor customer service, no follow through on negotiated terms, 3 months later and my car still isn't registered...no one returns my calls.

i love my car but this is a horrible dealership...being big works for them but not the customer.
    how'd it go ?
  • atapulatapul Member Posts: 6
    what was the MSRP and is this OTD?
    Don't have exact number on me, but about 46,500 and the discounted it 2500. Don't know if it was the best deal, but I hope it was fair
  • jdt5jdt5 Member Posts: 2
    Considering my first BMW CPO purchase. Debating which is the better deal... 2008- 335, 30K miles, ~$26K vs. 2009- 528, 50K miles, ~$25K. Struggling with warranty "head-room" vs. roominess and HP. Thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
  • 1socalgal1socalgal Member Posts: 12
    Went to get our low mileage 2011 serviced and ended up looking at 2012 Modern Line 4 cylinder. Husband very intrigued until salesperson said they'll give us $26,000 in trade. Salesperson said we should spec out the 4 cylinder and they'll order it.

Questions: (1) Are 2012 4 cylinder Modern Line going to be brought in in numbers? Almost all of the 2012s I've seen in dealer ads are for the 6 cylinder.

(2) I finally found a listing of all of the options for the 2012s. The Modern Line costs $2100 more, but when I went down the list of options and finally found xenon lights, it had a price ($900msrp) but also indicated that Zpp Premium Pkg is required. I saw that the Premium Package is priced at $3600msrp, so is that the Zpp or is Zpp something else?

(3) Will the 4 cylinder be available without having to buy the Modern Line (or Luxury or Sport) or is it a package deal?
    I just picked up a 2012 328 luxury model. As far as I know all the 2012's 328's are the 4 cylinder. Was a little skeptical about 4 cylinder,but I have found it peppier than the 6. Price is another conversation. The car gets expensive quickly
  • gnosis8gnosis8 Member Posts: 9
    All 328's are 4-cylinder turbos. All 335's are 6-cylinder turbos.

If you want the 328, then xenons are separate from any package like premium pkg. You must add $900 xenons separately if you want them with the 328.
    I placed an order this Friday and can't wait to pick up the car.
    My dealer told me it's slated for June production so an July delivery is expected. Does anyone know why it's taking that long to get into production? or my dealer was just being too conservative.

F30 328i
    Mineral Grey Matallic
    Premium
    Tech
    Heated Front Seat

checked out the lines but didn't like neither the modern nor luxery line and wife said no for the sport line. Went through the EPP program so final price for the car is: $37,235
    Didn't have much $$ to spend on the options but if you think I should add something I think there is still time

Thanks.
    Jeff
    I wish it were that simple (328 vs. 335). The 2012 328s I've seen advertised at dealer after dealer are all 6 cylinder. It's as though the 4 cylinders don't exist. For the most part they don't! One dealer I talked to said they're expecting a load of 4 cylinder BMWs early in May, otherwise all they have are 1 or 2 demos.

But the other part of my inquiry really does have to do with the prerequisite pkgs that BMW says you have to buy. First comes the Modern Line at $2100, for example, but then when I looked at xenon lights, it did specify that the Zpp Premium package is required. I just haven't found an explanation of what the Zpp Premium package includes.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    There are no 2012 328i six-cylinders... All of the 2012 model 328s are turbo-4 cylinders...

All the 328i six-cylinders that you are seeing are leftover 2011 models..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jetguy22jetguy22 Member Posts: 4
    To clarify:

1) There is no such thing as a 6-cyl. 2012 328i sedan. They are ALL 4-cyl.

The only "new" 328i 6 cyl's are the following:

a) The old model 2011 328i sedans that remain unsold.
    b) The 2012 328i couple, convertible, and wagon. While these are technically "2012" models, they are based off of the old "E90" design.

There is NO 6-cyl 2012 328i Sedan, however. The sedans are now the new "F30" design, not the old "E90" design.
    Thanks for the clarification... only the sedans are new for 2012...

The coupes and convertibles are the old E90 body style, and still have 6-cylinders..

:)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aggietexanaggietexan Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday my CA helped me find a 328i locally that met most of my wishlist. I had decided I really didn't want to go through the wait to order if I could help it, and after many hours scouring the internet and lots of e-mails back and forth we found "my car!"

I wanted a dark exterior and (preferably) a light interior, so that really limited my choices. I ruled out Mojave as being too bronze for me in the sunlight, and I didn't want Jet Black. That left Mineral Gray, Black Sapphire, and the Imperial Blue as possibilities and we went from there.

This is our negotiated price for the car I'm buying this week:

328i Modern Line
    -Black Sapphire Metallic
    -Oyster Dakota Leather
    -Premium Package
    -Premium Sound Package
    -Technology Package
    -Parking Package
    -Heated front seats
    -BMW Assist w/ enhanced Bluetooth and USB
    -Destination Charge

MSRP: $48,245 Invoice: $44,330
    Our Price: $44,745 (Includes $1,000 Drive for Team U.S.A. Discount)

I also have a voucher I received for walking around the lot last Sunday looking at colors which will more or less cover the cost of window tinting. Of course, those numbers are without TT&L, which here in Houston is 6.5%. :mad:

Just have to decide if I'm trading my Lexus or selling it to CarMax. If the difference between the two offers is more than $1,100, then I'll sell the car instead of trading it. $1,100 is the additional sales tax I'll pay without the trade.
    4k off list is very good. Only thing make sure your getting bluetooth
  • jetguy22jetguy22 Member Posts: 4
    You should probably look at this as $3k off list, as the extra $1k for the "Drive For Team USA" is a special factory rebate.

This is about $1,500.00 over invoice sans the factory rebate. Based on what I've heard, you can probably get it for $500 to $1,000 less; if you care to make a fuss about it. Either way however, not bad at all.
  • am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    Got my car today - 30/10000, premium 2 package, heated seats/ steering wheel, value package, msrp $41235.
    28 payments of 430. Very happy with the car and the deal.
  • mabrarmabrar Member Posts: 1
    Hi am09,

What was the down payment and which state and dealership did you buy?

thanks!
  • am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    $0 down, NJ, Tenafly BMW
  • kwj99karl1kwj99karl1 Member Posts: 1
    Would you mind telling me what dealership you used in Houston? And how was the experience?
    Given that the Premium Pkg is a prerequisite for the xenon headlights (generating $4500 in additional charges: msrp), are the headlights worth it in terms of additional visibility?

I'm impressed with the deal aggietexan got in Houston. I can't imagine it being duplicated in Southern Calif. The extras came to $12,000 at invoice. It looks like the car was sold either at or below invoice. That's some negotiation.
    Depends were you live. I didn't get the xenon lights and don't need them. They're great on dark back roads, but if you live in a metropolitan or suburban area, you probably don't need them. I would however up trade up to the premium package though .
    If you want the items in the premium package, then the xenons are probably worth the extra $900...

But, I certainly wouldn't spend $3600 on items that I didn't want or need, just to get them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    I agree. I have a 2010 328 with xenons and the auto-high-beam sensor. In a suburban area, the high-beams practically never come on automatically. In the countryside, they do make a difference...
    We used Momentum BMW West. I was very pleased with them, and I loved my CA.

During the search process I stopped by Momentum on SW Freeway just to check the color of a car on their lot. The people there were very high pressure and trying to get me to switch dealerships...it really turned me off.
  • irving82irving82 Member Posts: 2
    Does this dealership charges you something called 'Phantom Footprint' for $259? Thanks in advance.
    That was good advice re xenon lights. They're very cool looking, but in the end we didn't get them on our new 2012. Nor did we order the Premium Pkg: it contained a lot of stuff we decided we didn't need. We did order the power front seats just because they make seat adjustment a lot easier. The car we want is not available at any dealer on the West Coast: BMW is loading the 328i with a variety of packages and options. (Ka-ching ka-ching.)

Having read a chunk of comments in this forum about pricing we stuck pretty close to what we wanted and didn't get waylaid by a lot of options. We also found a lot of info on truecar.com that was helpful.
    Good luck with the car. Glad I could help
    Yes...already on the car.
  • rayceeraycee Member Posts: 10
    I recently leased a 2012 328i fully loaded including sports line package. MSRP with all options = $49,020. Selling price = $45,000. 3 year lease with 10k miles per year. Payment including tax $535 and total drive-offs of $2,650.
  • ashman4827ashman4827 Member Posts: 5
    nice, can you tell me which dealership, city did you get it from?